• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could this be a type one?

Silveresque

I know someone who fits nearly all the criteria for type one. I already know he is an INTJ. He is critical, perfectionistic, and thinks his way is the only way. He is a very hard worker. He also seems to be afraid of being wrong and becomes defensive whenever someone disagrees with him or tries to tell him he's pushing people away by being too critical. The only thing that doesn't fit is that he hasn't shown any interest in morality/ethics. Is this possible for a one?

By the way, I realize most of the description I gave was negative, but please know that I have nothing against type one. If he is a type one, he is probably at an unhealthy level.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He could always be a 7 who is disintegrating into a 1, that's a possible theory. Otherwise, sure he could be 1, but I have to ask; is he simply indifferent to the philosophical study or morality/ethics, or is he entirely devoid of any ethical values concerning right and wrong?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You said that he's afraid of being wrong and extremely defensive, perhaps he buries any interests in morality and ethics to avoid being attacked and forced to defend his stances. Chances are he might draw some kind of identity from his sense of ethics, and could be worried about being questioned by extension of questioning his values.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
either a 1 or a 3w4 :yes:

Silveresque

He could always be a 7 who is disintegrating into a 1, that's a possible theory. Otherwise, sure he could be 1, but I have to ask; is he simply indifferent to the philosophical study or morality/ethics, or is he entirely devoid of any ethical values concerning right and wrong?

I think it's more that he's indifferent. In all the years I've known him I don't think I've ever heard him talk about right and wrong (except in politics). And I get the feeling if I asked him about his opinion on philosophy he would say that it's not very useful. I could be wrong though.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's more that he's indifferent. In all the years I've known him I don't think I've ever heard him talk about right and wrong (except in politics). And I get the feeling if I asked him about his opinion on philosophy he would say that it's not very useful. I could be wrong though.

In that regard, it is probable that he could be a 1, although probably 1w9 more so than 1w2, although further data and analysis would need to be done before setteling on a wing.