• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think my type is?

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
Here are some things about myself:

I care very deeply for my family and a few close friends. I am extremely protective over my family and am always ready to battle against anything in life that threatens them.

Apparently I'm not that great at showing how I feel about people. I have a hard time saying "I love you" to people, even when I really do love them. Then I feel guilty for not saying it.

I like to be a problem solver and feel really proud of myself when I can solve my family or friends problems.

I have wanted to be a teacher or at least work in a school since I was little. Sometimes I don't want to become a teacher because I know that I'm smart enough to have a career where I could make more money and live more comfortably.

I love learning and I've always liked school. I especially liked primary and secondary school, where I could learn a little bit of everything. I was also kind of a teacher's pet and goody-two-shoes. Think Hermione Granger, but less bossy.

I don't like college. I get good grades and I like learning, but I don't like the atmosphere. I feel like it lacks the structure that I always liked about school. Its hard to explain. I also had a hard time picking a major because I like to learn a little bit of everything. My favorite subjects have always been math and foreign languages.

I really enjoy creating stories in my head. One of my favorite things to do is to watch a show/movie or read a book with good characters and then create a fantasy world about them in my head. I've been doing that all my life.

I have a hard time making friends and sometimes I don't know where I fit in exactly. I've never been cool enough to be cool, but I've also never fit into any counter-culture. In high school I was considered a "headbanger", but even then I was kind of on my own. I get along with everyone, but don't get close to too many people. I get kind of stiff in new social situations.

I spend a lot of time reading and looking up random facts and trivia. I like to know things for no reason.

Being organized comes very easily to me, but I'm also messy. Everything has a place, but sometimes I just throw things on the floor anyways.

Amongst my friends and family I'm known for being responsible, eccentric, a goody-two-shoes, and having a good sense of humor.

I've studied the cognitive functions and all that, but I have a hard time figuring out which ones apply to me. Maybe some of this info will make what type I am more apparent.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
^
Agree. Possibley ISTJ.

Edit: Reread.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I thought of ISTJ too, mostly because the OP said that sometimes they want to tell people they love them and don't and then feel guilty about it.

Also, Hermione Granger is ISTJ...but maybe less bossy would be ISFJ.

Hmmm. Do you bond with people by sharing personal information or opening up to them emotionally, or at least by being "warm"? Say to family members and close friends if you have a problem making new friends.

Or are you more apt to show love by doing and extremely reserved about showing emotion?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Brunette, 5"5ish, straight hair, light eyes, witty but not too witty, semi-in shape

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
Yeah I thought of ISTJ too, mostly because the OP said that sometimes they want to tell people they love them and don't and then feel guilty about it.

Also, Hermione Granger is ISTJ...but maybe less bossy would be ISFJ.

Hmmm. Do you bond with people by sharing personal information or opening up to them emotionally, or at least by being "warm"? Say to family members and close friends if you have a problem making new friends.

Or are you more apt to show love by doing and extremely reserved about showing emotion?

I don't bond by sharing personal info. Thats something that usually comes after bonding with a person, oddly enough. I don't really know how I bond with people. I do try to be nice and smile, but I think my warmth is more hidden. I've been surprised to hear to that I come off as kind of unemotional or even judgemental when I'm not intending to be either of those things at all.

I wish I could verbalize love better, but I usually show it by doing things. Like the other day I took the initiative to do all the dishes and clean out the refridgerator for my mom because I knew it had been bothering her. That was my way of showing her that I'm thinking about her and know that she works hard and deserves a break from some of the chores.

Brunette, 5"5ish, straight hair, light eyes, witty but not too witty, semi-in shape

haha. not quite. 5'5's a little short considering that I'm a girl interested in guys. :)

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
I was thinking that maybe a good way to help type me would be to explain how others in my life see me, so I'm going to list some of the comments/remarks that I have heard people have say about me over the years. Some of these remarks actually made me feel bad about myself when I heard them, but they are probably true nonetheless.

Sits in her room watching tv, going on the internet, playing video games alot
Has a good but weird sense of humor
Really good grades and never gets in trouble
Always there for the family--but too overprotective.
Is quietly judgemental
Always wants to learn about something strange or useless
Can be blunt
Acts much more carefree around the family than anyone else.
Likes to work on her own.
Modest about how she dresses.
Doesn't like to be told what to do.
Doesn't take enough risks--holds herself back too much--worries too much

According to my sister I am "weird, analyzing, judgemental, and paranoid."
One of my friends says "I seem really vanilla but I'm actually not." and another says that "I have personal space issues."
This might sound weird too but in the past some people have thought that I'm a lesbian. I'm not, but I just suck at getting guys to like me and haven't really dated. I guess I'm also a little tomboyish.

Again, I'm not proud of some of these descriptions, but those are some of the ways my friends and family have described me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ 1w2, 6w5 or 5w6 Sp/So

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with the assessment of ISTJ.

and sp/so is one of the ennegram instinctual stackings. The theory says there's three instincts: Self-preservation (sp), social (so), and sexual (sx). These instincts according to the theory are ranked in a certain order. A sp/so stacking would mean self-preservation is dominant, with secondary social.

You can read more about the instincts here:

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp#instincts

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
What makes you think ISFP?

Sorry, I wrote that a while ago when I first came on and was really confidently using my method to type people, not taking enough time to click into their writing style to type thier written voice and not knowing that that only reflects their voice of origin anyway. However now that I take the time I think your voice of origin is actually ISTJ and that typing also appears to fit for your original type. Your love of structure and day dreaming in that way, your eccentric sense of humor, your dislike of showing affection even though you care, all seem to point to ISTJ.

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
Sorry, I wrote that a while ago when I first came on and was really confidently using my method to type people, not taking enough time to click into their writing style to type thier written voice and not knowing that that only reflects their voice of origin anyway. However now that I take the time I think your voice of origin is actually ISTJ and that typing also appears to fit for your original type. Your love of structure and day dreaming in that way, your eccentric sense of humor, your dislike of showing affection even though you care, all seem to point to ISTJ.

Its okay. Everyone seems to be saying ISTJ. I could see myself being an ISTJ, but I also think I could be ISFP or ISTP. I seem to fit those types pretty well.

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
I'm going to add this survey to the mix to see if it makes any difference:
What type do I seem like?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm not too sure what kind of personality I have. I've been in a rut for a while and at this point I'm not so sure what my personality is like when I'm happy and satisfied feeling.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
One desire that seems to be pretty consistent in my life would be the fact that I yearn to be seen as useful/purposeful/helpful/cooperative. I like it when I contribute and accomplish things that directly help my family and I like to be considered important. I feel pretty lost when I don't have some kind of important task or responsibility that I'm working on and when people look at me like I'm just a bum taking up space.

I also yearn for people in my life that I can be thoroughly bonded too. I really want a close knit family, friends that feel like family, a husband that's pretty much my best friend, and kids to love and protect. I really yearn for tight-knit, die-hard bonds like that.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was at my finest in school. I always succeeded and I never felt like a failure. People were proud of me and I felt very capable of doing what I needed to do to succeed.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I mentioned it already a little bit, but I feel inferior when I am purposeless and when I am not good at socializing. I guess I feel really inferior when it seems like everyone could go on without me and that what I have to offer is not important to anyone. I hate feeling useless and expendable. I also hate it when I fail or don't have a clear idea of what path I want to be on. I'm kind of a perfectionist and I hate feeling aimless. I feel inferior when I take things too seriously or am too critical as well. I probably need to lighten up and live for the moment some more.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I hate to admit it, but I tend to spend a lot of time worrying about what the people I'm close to will think about me. It weighs very heavily on my decisions. I have a very hard time doing things that will dissapoint the people I love. I also tend to think about the consequences of my decisions. I don't like to work towards things that aren't going to build up and lead to something else. Whats right and wrong also plays heavily into what I do.

An example of all of this: I need to get a job, but I want to make sure I get one doing something that will teach me skills that I could use in the future of my career. My family on the other hand thinks that I need to just get any kind of job temporarily just to have one. I agree that I need some kind of job, I just don't want to put work into something that has nothing to do with my future because that seems like a waste of time, effort, and it makes me feel aimless.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When working on a project I think about getting the best result possible. I do like having control over the outcome, although I don't necessarily care about asserting any kind of power over anyone. I just want the best outcome and I wan't the fate of my projects to be of my own doing.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have fun anytime I'm around the people I can be myself around. It could be almost anywhere. I really love having bbq's and just hanging out with them. I love playing games and being involved in activities and seeing all the sights I can. A day at a theme park or exploring a big city with the people who really like me would be a pretty great day. I do not have fun when I'm around big groups of people and have to mingle and get to know everyone.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I think I'm prone to memorizing and being hands on. I do like theorizing but that might come after memorizing and being hands on. I like to know how to do things that will help me practically contribute to help others.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm pretty organized. I'm kind of obsessed with stationary and office supplies. I think I got my first file cabinet as a christmas present when I was 10 years old--I was so happy. I used to play school with my stuffed animals when I was little and each of them had their own manila file folder that I would put their worksheets in after I graded them (lmao). Organizing comes pretty easily to me, although I can be kind of messy and careless sometimes. Organizing is actually somewhat therapeutic. I take comfort in knowing that my stuff is well taken care of.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do both. It seems like those two things go hand in hand with eachother.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Again, I probably do both. I don't like people to feel left out, but sometimes people are naturally different and its silly to try and include everyone as if we're all the same. I feel bad when people are left out and what to be apart of the group though. But honestly, I'm usually the person who feels that way.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I do both again. It depends on who I'm around, although I probably think before I speak a majority of the time. Im alright with one-on-one communication I guess. Seems easier to handle.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to look before I leap. I'm known for being overly cautious. Actions do speak louder than words. But words aren't meaningless. That's another duo that goes hand in hand. But, yeah, actions are louder.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends where they're going and who they're with. If its somewhere where I'll have fun then I'll record the show and go out. If not, I'll probably stay in and watch the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Moody and I feel like a failure. Everytime I get down on myself there is an overwhelming feeling of being a failure and not being good enough. When its just stress, sometimes I get very annoyed with other people, although I try really hard not to take it out on them. I also will need to get away and zone out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I hate it when people think that other people don't matter. I also hate it when people move so fast or get so wrapped up in their own emotions that they don't realize the consequences of their actions and end up making the situation worse. I also hate cruelty. Even if you are in an argument with someone, you can make your point without being cruel and actually wanting to hurt someone. I also hate petty revenge and when people plot to ruin other people's lives. I don't like people who don't have morals and principles.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about silly stuff, funny stuff, and deeper topics. I like knowing about people's lives but I draw the line when its too gossipy starts being mean. I like figuring people out and thinking about people's circumstances and motives.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Probably flirting and being sexual. I feel like a clown everytime I talk to a guy and the idea of me being sexy is just laughable. I don't really know how to deal with that stuff so I avoid it a lot of the time.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I'm pretty much known for being overly cautious and worrying. I'm also known for being prepared and focused. I have one friend whose way more planned-out than I am and she actually tells me that it seems like I never worry--which is totally wrong. I might seem like I'm calm a lot of the time because whenever I feel like I can handle something, I know there's no reason to worry. If I feel a sense of danger or like I can't handle a situation, then I go into super-neurotic, hyper-paranoid mode. My sister told me that I act like Charlie the Unicorn (especially since she acts like the pink and blue unicorn). One of my friends told me that she likes me because "I seem really vanilla but I'm actually not". People are wrong when they assume that I'm such a goody-two shoes that I'm not aware of things beyond my own realm. Just because I don't participate in a lot of things, doesn't mean I'm unaware of everything. I've also spent my entire life being known as "the quiet one" (except for at home where my family frequently has to shut me up :D).

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Hanging with my family and friends, doing some kind of activity. It could be pretty much anything as long as I'm being helpful, useful, or just having good fun. I really like exploring new things and places with them as long as I have an idea of whats likely to happen.