• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni or Ti dom?

CyberHiker

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6
I've had myself convinced that I fit the INTP description best in most cases. However, whenever I read a breakdown of the functions, it doesn't seem to agree with the way I use my functions or even how I perceive my Ti.

I came across this definition of Ni in Lenore Thomson's Exegesis Wiki:

Introverted Intuition is an attitude of "seeing through" the distortion that any interpretation creates, to see the underlying reality. It's a left-brain attitude in that it's sign- and symbol-oriented: attempting to grasp the system of interpretation that makes any particular way of representing reality work, as a prerequisite for using that system. From an Ni ego-state, you want to understand the assumptions of a system of representation before you use the system, so that you can use it with true freedom--including the freedom to use the built-in interpretations in ways that violate those assumptions.

This fits more with what might be my dominant function.

I have determined my function order to be:
Ni=Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fe>Se>Fi

So, does this point to INTP or INTJ?
Please excuse my English if there are any faults since I am not a native speaker.

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Going by how you ordered your functions you're probably INTP.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, due to the set up of your function order, you could easily be either INTJ or INTP, although more so the latter than the former.