• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please, please help me type my new crush......

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there's any rule for that. But I hadn't put this together until I came to this forum and discovered the importance of tertiaries. It's not originally Jungian, but it explains a lot of discrepancies in the MBTI, such as mistyping problems and those who have two types that fit equally well.

There might be a rule for determining what someone's tertiary MBTI type is.

Rule for what?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rule for what?

I just started a thread on determining one's tertiary type.

This only applies to those who have "too much" introversion or extraversion. The tertiary tends to reinforce one's basic attitude.

Are you asking what a tertiary is? That is an idea based on Jung's dominant, auxiliary, and inferior functions. As an INFP, your dominant function is Fi, your auxiliary function is Ne, your tertiary is Si, and your inferior is Te.

In the case that the auxiliary, Ne in your case, is repressed or underexpressed, then your tertiary begins to take over its function in your psyche. The introversion in Si reinforces the introversion in Fi - you become even more introverted, perhaps house-bound and hermitlike. And since Si is the most pragmatic, hidebound of the functions, it will likely serve only to keep the tertiary user in a state of constant brooding over past perceived failures, which does nothing but aid the severe state of introversion. This is formally called the Fi-Si loop.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just started a thread on determining one's tertiary type.

This only applies to those who have "too much" introversion or extraversion. The tertiary tends to reinforce one's basic attitude.

Are you asking what a tertiary is? That is an idea based on Jung's dominant, auxiliary, and inferior functions. As an INFP, your dominant function is Fi, your auxiliary function is Ne, your tertiary is Si, and your inferior is Te.

In the case that the auxiliary, Ne in your case, is repressed or underexpressed, then your tertiary begins to take over its function in your psyche. The introversion in Si reinforces the introversion in Fi - you become even more introverted, perhaps house-bound and hermitlike. And since Si is the most pragmatic, hidebound of the functions, it will likely serve only to keep the tertiary user in a state of constant brooding over past perceived failures, which does nothing but aid the severe state of introversion. This is formally called the Fi-Si loop.

That sounds like me. :yes:

Just to clear that up, I wasn't asking what a tertiary function was. You said, "I don't think there's any rule for that," and I was wondering what you were referring to. :laugh:

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have thought about an immature INFJ as well.....I am quite torn between him being an P and the definite amount of Fe I notice....however, I have ended the "affair" or whatever it was....I guess it's for the better.....I have been suffering from this "I am not in love with you and I don't want to be in a relationship with you-"thing that was going on...he treated me very relationship-like, but his words spoke against it, and for me, as an INFJ, or, however, as a person who was emotionally involved, this meant a lot of suffering....thank you all for your help nontheless...!