• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering ESTJ

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
since you seem to be one of my notorious haters (I will admit attention from genuine haters does give me a bit of an ego trip :D ), would you care to elaborate?

Someone who was truly confident wouldn't have to comment about it all the time. You seem way too obsessed with your "narcissism" and "over-confidence".

You're not a narcissist.

And no sorry, I don't hate you. I'm only making observations.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone who was truly confident wouldn't have to comment about it all the time. You seem way too obsessed with your "narcissism" and "over-confidence".

You're not a narcissist.

And no sorry, I don't hate you. I'm only making observations.

I don't generally talk about my confidence. I talk about my general superiority and disgust for those who lack class and sophistication. I am also well aware that I am not a narcissist in the disorder sense of the word, I've stated this already.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, does anyone else to visit my thread and/or try to type me? I'm open for anything if it is explained. :p

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I don't generally talk about my confidence. I talk about my general superiority and disgust for those who lack class and sophistication. I am also well aware that I am not a narcissist in the disorder sense of the word, I've stated this already.

What kind of sophistication do you possess? How many languages can you speak? Do you know latin and greek, can you discuss history as if it was your native tongue? Can you express cognizant opinions about food and wine? Does your surname contain a Von, Mc, Dos, Di as separated prefix?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What kind of sophistication do you possess? How many languages can you speak? Do you know latin and greek, can you discuss history as if it was your native tongue? Can you express cognizant opinions about food and wine?

well, externally I'm well dressed, have well developed tastes in tea and have more than developed tastes in opera (as well as some ability to sing, I'm working on this), I'm also a good conversationalist IRL and fit in well in more high societal places like dinner parties and yacht clubs (though I haven't been to many). however, I don't think these things are very important in this instance. being sophisticated is a mindset more than external knowledge. it's about conducting yourself with poise, having appreciation for beauty and grace, taking good care of yourself and having high standards. the things I listed are bi-products of sophistication, not sophistication in and of themselves. a well dressed commoner who drinks good wine, goes to the theater and has Shakespeare lines memorized is still a commoner. he becomes sophisticated when he gains the mentality of a sophisticated person.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What kind of sophistication do you possess? How many languages can you speak? Do you know latin and greek, can you discuss history as if it was your native tongue? Can you express cognizant opinions about food and wine?

well, externally I'm well dressed, have well developed tastes in tea and have more than developed tastes in opera (as well as some ability to sing, I'm working on this), I'm also a good conversationalist IRL and fit in well in more high societal places like dinner parties and yacht clubs (though I haven't been to many). however, I don't think these things are very important in this instance. being sophisticated is a mindset more than external knowledge. it's about conducting yourself with poise, having appreciation for beauty and grace, taking good care of yourself and having high standards. the things I listed are bi-products of sophistication, not sophistication in and of themselves. a well dressed commoner who drinks good wine, goes to the theater and has Shakespeare lines memorized is still a commoner. he becomes sophisticated when he gains the mentality of a sophisticated person.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Ok, you're not sophisticated then.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What kind of sophistication do you possess? How many languages can you speak? Do you know latin and greek, can you discuss history as if it was your native tongue? Can you express cognizant opinions about food and wine? Does your surname contain a Von, Mc, Dos, Di as separated prefix?

*subscribes*

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
please explain

ENTJ demands achievements they do not have to define 'sophistication' as an arbitrary set of skills like a trophy one can earn and keep on their mantle.

responsibility14.png

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
looking back at the title of this thread, I don't see how I could possibly be an SJ. wow this was a retarded thread idea lol

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
please explain

Because even if you posture as someone elegant, you won't be able to fake it through conversations with truly sophsticated people if you don't know anything about the subjects they tend to speak about, or just blurt out some bullshit while appearing "elegant". Maybe you'll feel like they accept you but they'll be laughing at you when you're not there.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
please explain

Because even if you posture as someone elegant, you won't be able to fake it through conversations with truly sophsticated people if you don't know anything about the subjects they tend to speak about, or just blurt out some bullshit while appearing "elegant". Maybe you'll feel like they accept you but they'll be laughing at you when you're not there.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't fake through conversations. that's like a chicken trying to sneak past a fox. I talk about things I know about. if they know more than me, I listen more than talk. for instance, I do know a fair amount about tea, but I would not try to bullshit my way through talking to a tea master. mostly I would ask for his opinions and ask if he had any tea of extraordinary quality he could make for us. sophisticated people don't brand you as "unsophisticated" because you don't know about something, they explain it to you, that is if you're willing to listen (of course, this doesn't mean you always have to agree with them, I often disagree intially but end up agreeing after they explain)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Btw, I'm just toying with you. It's not like I truly care about this issue. It just seems kinda funny how you created this weird image of yourself in your mind.

ENTJ demands achievements they do not have to define 'sophistication' as an arbitrary set of skills like a trophy one can earn and keep on their mantle.

Yep.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Btw, I'm just toying with you. It's not like I truly care about this issue. It just seems kinda funny how you created this weird image of yourself in your mind.
Yep.

it's kind of a combination of being ENFP, w4 and having an entrepreneurial personality. I read somewhere that entrepreneurs go through a sort of "open minded dillusional" stage when first starting out where they lack experience and information, yet still have a sense of very high confidence and grand vision that is disproportional to their skill level. however, it's not an arrogant kind of dillusion because they're still open minded and actively seeking new information to build their understanding of business and find our where they're wrong.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep.

it's kind of a combination of being ENFP, w4 and having an entrepreneurial personality. I read somewhere that entrepreneurs go through a sort of "open minded dillusional" stage when first starting out where they lack experience and information, yet still have a sense of very high confidence and grand vision that is disproportional to their skill level. however, it's not an arrogant kind of dillusion because they're still open minded and actively seeking new information to build their understanding of business and find our where they're wrong.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, now that I think about it, I think I have some useful information for typing me. Remember that girl I was talking about earlier? Well, you see, I kinda have an obsessive personality, as with just about anything that piques my interest, and I've liked her (or had an obsession with, rather) for a little over a year now. The girl I liked (or had an obsession over) last I liked for four and half years until I realized I didn't like her for who she truly was. But there for a while, like, 6 months (no, actually, it was until March of this year), with this girl, I was head-over-heals for. I had some sort of mini bipolar disorder going on where I alternated between being completely elated and being the lowest of the low. She was the most meaningful thing in my life (in fact, she may even be now, but I haven't been thinking about her lately because I decided to try to wait out on her breaking up with her boyfriend whom she has been with since I started liking her (see how well that is turning out >_>)), and it was interfering with my daily life. It consumed me. And when my friends tried to convince me that there are other girls out there who are just as good, if not better, than her and to let her go, I didn't listen. I was stubborn. I wouldn't believe I would find someone I liked better (I don't know if it was me not wanting to try to find someone else, since I'm already aware of her and how I like her). In fact, I still feel this way, though I've gotten over my obsessive stump (for now, anyway).

Anyway, would this be an indication of Si?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, now that I think about it, I think I have some useful information for typing me. Remember that girl I was talking about earlier? Well, you see, I kinda have an obsessive personality, as with just about anything that piques my interest, and I've liked her (or had an obsession with, rather) for a little over a year now. The girl I liked (or had an obsession over) last I liked for four and half years until I realized I didn't like her for who she truly was. But there for a while, like, 6 months (no, actually, it was until March of this year), with this girl, I was head-over-heals for. I had some sort of mini bipolar disorder going on where I alternated between being completely elated and being the lowest of the low. She was the most meaningful thing in my life (in fact, she may even be now, but I haven't been thinking about her lately because I decided to try to wait out on her breaking up with her boyfriend whom she has been with since I started liking her (see how well that is turning out >_>)), and it was interfering with my daily life. It consumed me. And when my friends tried to convince me that there are other girls out there who are just as good, if not better, than her and to let her go, I didn't listen. I was stubborn. I wouldn't believe I would find someone I liked better (I don't know if it was me not wanting to try to find someone else, since I'm already aware of her and how I like her). In fact, I still feel this way, though I've gotten over my obsessive stump (for now, anyway).

Anyway, would this be an indication of Si?

based on this information, I think it's very unlikely your Sp/So, more like Sx/So.