• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you help a soul seeker finally confirm his type?

CaptainDDC

:hi: I joined this forum a year ago and at the start of it all, I was very interested in the MBTI and Enneagram. I jumped around every type and never could decide on one. I still haven't been able to decide and I'm far less neurotic now. I figured I'd give it another shot to see if I get more convincing answers. This is for fun and I don't take any of it too seriously.

My personality is inconsistent. I go to polar extremes much like Stewie Griffin, I go from mad scientist villain to dancing showman.

I'm a loner. I enjoy being alone but I do like talking to people. If the room is small, I'm usually the goofiest one in there. I always tell jokes. My humor is in the Doug Stanhope and George Carlin tradition. I'm the perfect balance between Pinky and the Brain. When the group gets bigger, I get more aggressive. I usually shy away and become more deadpan and sarcastic. (Think Larry David from 'Curb Your Enthusiasm') I'm calm but can be turned hyperactive or angry easily, by the right people. I have a small group of close friends. I do get energized by some people but others are just a bore. The conversation has to stimulate me.

I stay around the house most of the time. I can just sit and do nothing for a while. I research current events and political theories. I love watching movies and old TV shows. I enjoy learning about humanity from films, shows, and music. I don't read as much as I should but when I do, I'm all over Sci-Fi, Westerns, Horror, and nonfictional topics. I love Sc-Fi science, so I usually read books about the universe.

I've become more hedonistic over the past two years. I have an interest in adventure. (The Lord of the Rings type flair but far more dramatic) I love old cars, guns, rock music, and I have a love for substances. I just get a thrill out of this stuff. I like the best. I'm more of a dork than anything though. I may decrease my life span at parties but the other four people there will have an ear full of Firefly or Doctor Who love.

I do watch sports. (UFC, Boxing, and Wrestling) I love the drama in wrestling promotions but I value the technical and athletic ability more. The only thing I enjoy that's athletic would be running on the treadmill or weight lifting. I prefer doing those things in private. I'm very self-conscious about my appearance in public.

I'm not hung up on my emotions. I don't fear crying. I don't do it very much. I don't like letting my emotions ruin my ability to get along with others. I try to avoid those I don't care for to the best of my ability. I have convictions of right and wrong. These are blurred and many would call me amoral. I compromise social niceties because my convictions for truth completely go above your need for harmony. I will never compromise my values though. I am very skeptical and believe in facts and consistency. You need to back up your claims with more than a gut feeling and a nice package.

I worked at the newspaper once and was told I'm a great writer when I actually meet my deadlines. If I think the assignment's stupid I will probably do it to the least of my abilities or at least express my hatred for it. I end up doing it unless it completely goes against my values. I enjoy being in control but less in a direct leader type of way and more in a make sure everything is going right type of way.

I guess that's good for now. I didn't mean to type so much. If you have any questions please ask. Oh, but don't ask me to take the cognitive functions test. I know how to cheat on that. :) Thanks for reading all this.

Last edited:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
estp 7w6 so/sp or sp/so?

CaptainDDC

Interesting responses all around. Most people on the other type forum said ISTP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whoa...no clue. i'm thinking i have no intimate knowledge of anyone from whatever type you are.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting responses all around. Most people on the other type forum said ISTP.

You are practically a clone of my estp deceased father. Not so much like me.....

CaptainDDC

You are practically a clone of my estp deceased father. Not so much like me.....

So, what would you say are the main differences between ISTPs and ESTPs?

Also, how is an ESTP with an Enneagram of 7w6 unique among ESTPs?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you recommend I do to figure my type out?

you could try to post a video in the type me thread or start with what if anything you are sure about...like rather or not you're an extravert or j or p and then read those dom functions to see which you lead with...or do a youtube search of types you think you might be to see if you relate...take some tests??

R

ReflecTcelfeR

My personality is inconsistent. I go to polar extremes...

I do get energized by some people but others are just a bore. The conversation has to stimulate me.

I'm very self-conscious about my appearance in public.

I enjoy being in control but less in a direct leader type of way and more in a make sure everything is going right type of way.

These things made me think ESTP. It was a toss up between ENTJ and ESTP, but you don't seem to be an extreme visionary from these posts... Not that you aren't, just it doesn't seem all that immediate when you think from the paragraph you wrote.

CaptainDDC

These things made me think ESTP. It was a toss up between ENTJ and ESTP, but you don't seem to be an extreme visionary from these posts... Not that you aren't, just it doesn't seem all that immediate when you think from the paragraph you wrote.

I'm not offended that you don't see me as a visionary. :D I made a point not to describe my opinions on certain things. I'm some-what of an idealist in real life though. Everyone around me seems to hate change but I'm just sitting at home absorbing human progress, drooling. :yay::yay:

I'm just a simple person. I accept that the world will never be as I envision it. I just enjoy life to the best of my ability, helping those I can.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how do you feel about large font?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I look at that piece of evidence I used for ESTP and actually recognize more NT, then ST in it. I think Introverted sensing is more micro-managing and as such they would seem more "direct", while ENTJ's mentality isn't the details that reach the goal, but how quickly that goal is reached and if it wasn't reached quickly enough then they would search for the details to fix. So perhaps you are ENTJ, or that marker just means you aren't necessarily ESTP. You seem to possess the confidence most see in the ENTJ, which is very hard to fabricate... Of course that is also the same confidence you could see in the ESTP, thus why they seem so similar. It comes down to charisma. Is it generated through knowledge of your skills to react to an immediate event, or is it created by having several plans of action for whatever event may occur?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I LOVE LARGE FONT!

Unless you mean a receptacle in a church for the water used in baptism. I'm neutral on those fonts. :)
hahaha!! i was totally joking but hmm maybe count that as one more point for estp...hehe no really i have no idea...carry on :)

CaptainDDC

I look at that piece of evidence I used for ESTP and actually recognize more NT, then ST in it. I think Introverted sensing is more micro-managing and as such they would seem more "direct", while ENTJ's mentality isn't the details that reach the goal, but how quickly that goal is reached and if it wasn't reached quickly enough then they would search for the details to fix. So perhaps you are ENTJ, or that marker just means you aren't necessarily ESTP. You seem to possess the confidence most see in the ENTJ, which is very hard to fabricate... Of course that is also the same confidence you could see in the ESTP, thus why they seem so similar. It comes down to charisma. Is it generated through knowledge of your skills to react to an immediate event, or is it created by having several plans of action for whatever event may occur?

The former beats the latter. I'm more confident in my ability to tackle an issue based on experience or a decent understanding of what to except. I usually know I'll be able to handle certain things because I know who I am. I go into a challenge with no clue how to get past it sometimes but I know I always seem to find a way.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
his style does seem sorta estpish i only slightly know two of them so...