• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Silly Question

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a friend that types as an INFP, but he is EXTREMELY border on both F and P. I can't get him to take a cog test, he just isn't that into psychology or mbti. My question is.. what differences do you think this would bring compared to a stronger preference in INFP? He is literally 60/40 on his F pref, and 50/50 on the P/J.

Yes, I understand I am asking for pure speculation here, lol. I still want your input.

And go easy on me.. (NFP and all).. I understand this is silly :tongue:

A

Anew Leaf

I have a friend that types as an INFP, but he is EXTREMELY border on both F and P. I can't get him to take a cog test, he just isn't that into psychology or mbti. My question is.. what differences do you think this would bring compared to a stronger preference in INFP? He is literally 60/40 on his F pref, and 50/50 on the P/J.

Yes, I understand I am asking for pure speculation here, lol. I still want your input.

And go easy on me.. (NFP and all).. I understand this is silly :tongue:

I am not sure a cog test would do much. When I took it I got Ne-Ni at almost the same level, and Fi-Fe at almost the same level.

I guess one simple test for the P/J preference is: Are you able to get that Ne connection with him? It's pretty obvious (at least to me) when people have that. Like, oh yays! We speak the same language! Let's go have some fun together.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I haven't seen this friend (we just kinda found eachother on FB) for about 5 years. It is really hard for me to remember what my impression was back then, as far as functions would go. We definately had a really good understanding, and he definately came across as very sensitive and in-tune with feelings. I do believe he is an 'F' but as far as the p/j goes.. I almost want to say that he might lean more J. Heres why- he is strong on committment. He married rather early, long-term love of his life relation, had a child, and practically killed himself going through a divorce. He works at his jobs for extended periods of time (years and years) and the concept of changing jobs really terrifies him. He is very concerned with money and security, but often feels as though he is missing out on what life has to offer because of this. BAH. I suppose I will have to just interact more to find out if he's ni or fi dom.. i just wonder, if you ARE an INFP, with really close dochotomies on the p/j scale.. i suppose that would be more grounded and directed, right? Also, f/t would bring a more objective approach than a strong f?

A

Anew Leaf

I haven't seen this friend (we just kinda found eachother on FB) for about 5 years. It is really hard for me to remember what my impression was back then, as far as functions would go. We definately had a really good understanding, and he definately came across as very sensitive and in-tune with feelings. I do believe he is an 'F' but as far as the p/j goes.. I almost want to say that he might lean more J. Heres why- he is strong on committment. He married rather early, long-term love of his life relation, had a child, and practically killed himself going through a divorce. He works at his jobs for extended periods of time (years and years) and the concept of changing jobs really terrifies him. He is very concerned with money and security, but often feels as though he is missing out on what life has to offer because of this. BAH. I suppose I will have to just interact more to find out if he's ni or fi dom.. i just wonder, if you ARE an INFP, with really close dochotomies on the p/j scale.. i suppose that would be more grounded and directed, right? Also, f/t would bring a more objective approach than a strong f?

actually when i first got tested it was part of a college course and they threw the whole 200 question book at us. i was borderline P/J with only a slight preference for the P. In the end I am definitely an INFP, and if it wasn't for the cog functions i would consider myself more of a INFx. (I am just so Ne it can be sickening at times. :))

from what you describe that sounds a bit more INFJ to me. he sounds a lot like one of the INFJs that works for me.

T/F... I would think that this would be the case. But with cog functions... I get a bit confused as to how people who are more borderline... how that is represented in them. Maybe someone else knows more about this than I and has wisdom to share.