• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type myself?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Hello there! I'm absolutely brand new to these forums. I've been looking into dichotomies, cognitive functions and the like for a while but am still unsure about my type, so I decided to seek some (hopefully) unbiased advice.

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

I am open-minded. The opposite would be close-minded.
I am driven. The opposite would be lazy.
I am strategic. The opposite would be spontaneous.
I am curious. The opposite would be apathetic.
I am unorthodox. The opposite would be orthodox.

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.

I can be close-minded if I have decided that a particular source should not be considered. For example, I would not be likely to take anything from Fox News seriously.

I can be lazy if I feel that whatever task I have been set is "useless", uninteresting, or overly simplistic in nature.

I can be spontaneous if I feel that planning a certain situation would take away from the outcome.

I can be apathetic for the same reasons that I can be lazy.

I can be orthodox if I feel that a desirable outcome reached by orthodox means has a greater chance of happening.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

The purpose of life is to shape the world to your vision. Whether you are shaping the scientific realm or creating art or attempting to install a government program, be the one to create change.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Never take no for an answer. If you can prove that something will work, or give you the outcome you want, go for it. Don't be afraid of authority, or tradition. Be wary of other people. Ultimately, you have to make what your mind has created reality, and to do that, you can't get tied down. Don't mistake emotions for ethics. Search for truth.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

I'd be incredulous, for starters. What would I be dying of, cancer? But within that year, I would write a book. I'd write an incredible book, the kind that would shake people's views on life and death and philosophy. A year is far too short to run for government, but I'd take advantage of that remaining year to absolutely go for broke. If I owned a company, I'd shake it up. If I was a queen, I'd overhaul the system. If I was just an ordinary citizen, I'd go to Washington, get up on a soapbox, and give everyone a piece of my mind.

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

Because I'm young, I haven't had the means and time to get to the top yet. Once I get to the top, then I'm in the position to rebuild, top to bottom.

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

The chance to build. I want to create things, make differences, without fear of retribution or doubt. I want to conquer fear.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

An all-consuming drive and merciless self criticism.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?

My defense mechanism is stubborness, and the tendency to tell everyone "Prove it!" before I take it in. I notice that I myself might make leaps of logic or leave gaps of information, so to hide this weak tendency of mine, I demand that any information from the outside be analyzed to death.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Responsibility, depth of thought, dignity, and respect. It's too easy to get wrapped up in pleasure, or things at the surface. It's also so easy to throw away your face. The moment you drop yourself, you lose yourself, and risk being lost in this world. Respect is also vital. Respect yourself, the world, and other people worthy of respect.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

I'm not bubbly, but rather, very calm. I can be very warm to the people I care about, and make a decent effort at being kind towards those I don't know. In a relaxed state, I can say whatever I want, and say even the things that I usually bury, for fear of "giving away too much".

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

My heart wants and needs sincerity, above all. A kindred spirit without any ulterior motives.

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

Fulfillment, knowledge, perfection. I'm always thirsty for more, to see bigger and better things.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

It feels a bit....empty, like I want to find something else, but it's not there yet.

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

Food. I have this tendency to not notice I'm hungry until someone says "Oh, your stomach's making noises. When was the last time you ate?"

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Fairly healthy. I've pushed myself to exhaustion before, and been very underweight, but as I'm on something of a break right now, I couldn't feel better.

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

The head, then the heart. The body not at all, that's just pure animal instinct. I trust my head, because I can analyze things, compare, look for the best possible. My heart , I trust in certain situations, but sentimentality is something I don't care to tolerate, and if you give it complete control, you fall in danger of that. However, some attention to the heart is necessary, because your head is your ego, and if you fall victim to that, it can only harm you.

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Erm...I just answered that.

20. What is your predominant fault?

I can be very inconsiderate if I don't make a special effort to think of other people. I have hurt other people in the past without even realizing it. I don't think of my effect on other people.

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I felt that I was in sight of my goals. I felt that others were working towards their own too, and I felt so hopeful, because if the world could find a cause, it would unite.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I thought, the whole world is screwed. No one does anything, no one bothers to think any deeper, I'm so useless because I'm stupid and powerless to change these things, and everything is going to decay and decay until it blows up in everyone's faces.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My guess is INTP 1w9 sx/sp.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking INTJ, but the enneagram seems spot on.

I can be close-minded if I have decided that a particular source should not be considered. For example, I would not be likely to take anything from Fox News seriously.
Te users take in the quality of the source and makes judgment as to how credible the source is and makes judgment whether it is useful or not.

I am open-minded. The opposite would be close-minded.
I am driven. The opposite would be lazy.
I am strategic. The opposite would be spontaneous.
I am curious. The opposite would be apathetic.
I am unorthodox. The opposite would be orthodox.
This would seem an Ni + Te sort of characteristic because of the weirdness (or whatever word with the same meaning) (Ni) + the strategic (Te)

I'd be incredulous, for starters. What would I be dying of, cancer? But within that year, I would write a book. I'd write an incredible book, the kind that would shake people's views on life and death and philosophy. A year is far too short to run for government, but I'd take advantage of that remaining year to absolutely go for broke. If I owned a company, I'd shake it up. If I was a queen, I'd overhaul the system. If I was just an ordinary system, I'd go to Washington, get up on a soapbox, and give everyone a piece of my mind.
There's lots of talk about systems and changing them. It would seem to me that you would like a lot of work done in that same period and that really screams Te.

Food. I have this tendency to not notice I'm hungry until someone says "Oh, your stomach's making noises. When was the last time you ate?"
This would denote inferior Se.

The rest seem rather neutral JCF wise but it screams 1 a lot because of all the talk about reform and how the world could be better if you had the means.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ. I think Uwace summed it nicely.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, people might see Te, but your style seems more INTP-ish to me -- there is a 'lightness' that isn't present in Js.

You seem to be 'all over the place' too (not in a bad way, though), especially in the one-year-to-live question. It's like when you try to write you just have so many ideas in your head that need to be explored. That sounds pretty Ne to me :)

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
You seem a lot like an INTJ with this planning, conquering, and overcoming talk.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ does line up better with 1, and I agree with Uwace.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Thanks for the help, everyone. You all have narrowed it down to INTx, which actually helps me quite a bit, as I was considering NF types on top of these before.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the help, everyone. You all have narrowed it down to INTx, which actually helps me quite a bit, as I was considering NF types on top of these before.

you are pure INTJ. there is nothing INTP about you that is not also INTJ. you seem like a 1w9 sx/sp for enneagram, but I could also see 8w9 if you were a very healthy one.

Nicodemus

Why not ENTJ? The desire seems to be to achieve something rather than to implement ideas.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've considered that myself, actually, but I'm wondering if that's not more a by-product of my upbringing than anything else, or maybe I didn't elaborate on the very specific type of goals that I have.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've considered that myself, actually, but I'm wondering if that's not more a by-product of my upbringing than anything else, or maybe I didn't elaborate on the very specific type of goals that I have.

it's not just that, everything about your description strongly suggested INTJ :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
btw, are you male or female (just curious)