• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Limit's Questionnaire and My Answers

The_World_As_Will

Have fun typing me, should be interesting to see the results :D

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel.”

* I am open about my life. The opposite would be "secretive".
* I am passive. The opposite would be "domineering".
* I am careful. The opposite would be "reckless".
* I am open-minded. The opposite would be "close-minded".
* I am curious. The opposite would be "stagnant".

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel. I guess I can be cruel because I never tip waiters. Tipping waiters encourages them to stay at these jobs ‘….’”

*I can be secretive, if I think/feel that the person would misuse/abuse my trust
*I can be reckless, usually when I am stressed and think 'it's all meaningless anyway why should I care?"
* I can be domineering when expressing a viewpoint, but I've realised such arrogance is not only annoying but inhibits social interaction, but I don't think the other extreme of being passive is that good either... maybe a balance is needed?.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

"Ultimately, you will have to find your own purpose to life, no-one will give you answers, but never be afraid to question, think for yourself, be curious, speak your mind, and be enthusiastic, the world has it's good moments despite the amount of suffering the heart has to go through"

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

"NEVER be afraid to question authority, no one has power over you, rules are arbitrary unless logically sound, the vast amount of people in this world are tawdry, which can be disappointing but there are rare gems to be found, Always be yourself despite opposition from society, question everything as the majourity of people are wrong, and be honest; if the emperor has no clothes, he has no clothes"

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

Well since i've apparently met God, thanks for telling me this information and giving humanity the cold shoulder. But If I had a year to live, I would give up everything I own, travel to the world, *attempt* to make new friends, reconcile the heart, and try to seek wisdom from whomever I can, which ultimately allows me to accept my fate, Oh, and maybe write a book and not let procrastination get in the way...

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

for the most part? a deep sense of inferiority that I haven't the intellect, nor the talent, charisma, social skills, demeanor to accomplish this, but rather it's something i have to work on with time. Plus I lack the dead pieces of tree that people have accepted as a way to exchange goods/commodities/services, which all seems silly to me and very limiting, DAMMIT I WANT TO EXPERIENCE WHAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER! *sad face*

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

the ability to explore without fear of failure, to empathetically connect with people instead of feeling as if I push them away (which maybe is my own rationalisations), to be able to inspire people to utilize their potential and have some sort of 'proof' or validation that I made an impact in the world/ on this person, and to have peace of mind, equanimity is an asset, and frankly I think too much, which I assume is boredom but for some reason I avoid that label 'boredom' though It is very present most of the time, accepting it feels like a character flaw.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

Grueling self-criticism, which can be limiting, self-loathing (ah yes food), I use to have issues with accepting feelings as being valid and would intellectualise them but I think I tend to wallow in them now, or maybe ruminate rather.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?
Sometimes people don’t realize what their true defense mechanisms are because they are working at 100% efficiency. You may have to really think about this one.
Another way to look at the question: When you start to feel uncomfortable or anxious about a situation, what do you generally start to do?

Stubbornness to change or accept something as valid until it logically 'works' for me, otherwise what use is it? (which is perhaps unhealthy, but it is a defense mechanism now isn't it?). looking for logical flaws/inconsistencies in someone's argument to 'prove' that their argument is invalid and I shouldn't listen to them until they fix it or can present a better alternative. Over-intellectualizing an experience or an emotion which detaches me from present reality because the present makes me uncomfortable, I like living in my little world of ideas that I can toss around and think of novel things. Perhaps being a bit harsh with jokes, but meh not so much anymore, although I have a very dry, morbid humour.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Compassion, generosity, collectivism, and seeing other human beings as people who make mistakes but still deserve respect, dignity, and help and to try to work towards a goal of bettering themselves. On a more personal level, perhaps, not taking the 'self' too personally, that all things are impermanent and one shouldn't cling so much, though clinging to someone who you love feels amazing, they too are impermanent and that is really difficult to accept. Also less "I" more "we" seems to be the best approach to things, while things must make logical sense yes, we have to not think of only ourselves but our impact on others and maybe give a homeless guy some food if you see one :)

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

laid-back, very open, very accepting and understanding (to the point of accepting a serial killer that is if he isn't trying to kill me, but understanding him juxtaposed to an emotional response). very 'other-focused', and freely offering information that seems relevant, and really spontaneous, randomness is good to a certain extent, if one is healthy.

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

acceptance, encouragement to 'go out there' and not feel limited by who I am (whatever the hell that is), to have a kindred spirit whom can venture the depths of the inner world as well as the outer world <3 world travel and having new experiences, though without the feeling as if you aren't 'good' enough for that. There is maybe more to this but I can't think of anything at the moment.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

lost in a state of feeling inferior to others, though logically I shouldn't (or maybe I should), disappointed that my mind is clinging to it's own delusions of self, a want to accept life without the need to shrink into one's self and not feel as if you're a child, and lastly, to be able to conquer the world and defeat any challenge/obstacle that comes my way.

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

To implement ideas that stay in your head and you never do, to actually believe that these ideas would work out, to have better concentration and not jump ship from idea to idea and not stay steady, and to not 'feel' as if it is awkward in that it pushes people away when it truly wants someone to connect with, to throw ideas off of and feel as if anything is possible.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

beyond the head-ache I have right now?, okay, wanting to improve and trying to work on itself in order to mature and improve for the sake of psychological well-being and ultimately to make me happy.

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

Sleep, but I barely notice my body and what it needs, I'm usually always in my head and I really neglect the body, to not be doing this at 2:30 in the morning but insomnia will forever be present. Maybe to also relax more and not be so jittery, too much energy, I think it's mental energy and it has to get out somehow.

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

alright, sleep-deprived, but alright, and the head-ache I have is killing me, hopefully it isn't something worse like brain cancer, but if that's the case then maybe the year to live thing would be accurate and it'll force me to travel which would be awesome despite y'know dying and whatnot, bring it on!!!

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Head then heart not really the body, the head because I don't want to just rush into something without giving it thought and I don't want to feel rejected or that i acted in haste, which wouldn't be helpful as I would start to criticize myself and that never lets up. I'm barely in my body so I don't think it provides any accurate information, besides rare instances of intuition, the senses cannot be trusted... didn't descartes prove this? The Meditations ftw!

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Answered above because I didn't look at this question when writing the above... ooops

20. What is your predominant fault?

perhaps my own feelings of inferiority mixed with a stubbornness unless I see some logical way out/to get better, it haunts me, and really limits my growth, not really able to put myself out there for fear of failing big time, plus I may not know enough and eh what good is that, but I've been really trying to over come this and I've realised i'm not as bad as my mind makes me out to be (well at-least I hope not)

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

Dear god I'm going to sound like a hippie but whatever, but during these moments I feel as if we are all connected, everything is one and we aren't as fucked up as a species as history might seem to make us out to be, we have really amazing potential for change and transformation and hopefully people wake up to this, and when it does happen, life will be pretty freaking sweet.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

'We, as a species are fucked" would be my response to this, the entire species are some failed experiment and nature is slowly weeding us out, and ugh people are fucking idiots, why haven't they all been killed off? moreover why do I have to experience this, what is the point to it all and if there is some type of god, what kind of sick son of a bitch is he?". << that's when I feel disconnected, when I'm anxious it's much less cynical and I try to reason myself out of this kind of thinking.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
xNTP 5w4 sounds right to me, especially with your emphasis on developing a richer inner life. :yes: You also seem to display a strong Ti/Fe axis, IMO.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It all seems there's a lot of Fe here. Either you have a well-developed Fe for an INTP or your Fe is just naturally strong. In that case I would say ENTP.

There seems to be a lot of talk about experiencing the world:
But If I had a year to live, I would give up everything I own, travel to the world, *attempt* to make new friends, reconcile the heart, and try to seek wisdom from whomever I can, which ultimately allows me to accept my fate, Oh, and maybe write a book and not let procrastination get in the way...
to have a kindred spirit whom can venture the depths of the inner world as well as the outer world <3 world travel and having new experiences, though without the feeling as if you aren't 'good' enough for that. There is maybe more to this but I can't think of anything at the moment.
Plus I lack the dead pieces of tree that people have accepted as a way to exchange goods/commodities/services, which all seems silly to me and very limiting, DAMMIT I WANT TO EXPERIENCE WHAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER! *sad face*
These would indicate Ne philosophies.

I'm inclined to call you an ENTP.

The_World_As_Will

It all seems there's a lot of Fe here. Either you have a well-developed Fe for an INTP or your Fe is just naturally strong. In that case I would say ENTP.

There seems to be a lot of talk about experiencing the world:

These would indicate Ne philosophies.

I'm inclined to call you an ENTP.

Hey!! Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm still on the fence regarding E/I, I created a thread about that here awhile back and the consensus was XNTP with leaning towards I but high Fe, which would be EXTREMELY unusual IMO for an INTP, c'mon any run of the mill INTP isn't going to give that kind of response, nor do I think I'm 'that' healthy, :eek: maybe I am who knows? I'm still trying to find a good example for Si as inferior function for ENTPs, I really haven't been able to find one that really nails it, hmm hopefully this thread develops, I'd be interested in hearing more, but yeah you are correct in that I want to experience the world very much so but my inner world and the external world, of course not in a hedonistic sense, but explorer, seeking truth :p hmm god maybe I am an ENTP and have to accept that :p hmm not as random as other ENTPs though, mm maybe an enneagram thing.

Once again, Thanks for the reply! anyone else wanna jump on the boat feel free!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Once again, Thanks for the reply! anyone else wanna jump on the boat feel free!

Yep...abandon us INTPs and :angry:

:9436:

Of course, you may just do it now for the experience of what is sure to follow.

Seriously, though Will. You are probably XNTP. Even with that answer in #16 (sounds so INTP). It's hard to say because not only do you seem to have a good understanding of yourself, you seem to want to act on that understanding--live it, so to speak.

You should be sent to the ambivert section.

The_World_As_Will

Yep...abandon us INTPs and :angry:

:9436:

Of course, you may just do it now for the experience of what is sure to follow.

Seriously, though Will. You are probably XNTP. Even with that answer in #16 (sounds so INTP). It's hard to say because not only do you seem to have a good understanding of yourself, you seem to want to act on that understanding--live it, so to speak.

You should be sent to the ambivert section.

:( I know i've been in NTP limbo!! but :D no NTP murder or well if you do atleast make the murder look pretty damn awesome, y'know SAW-like torture devices, maybe have my head explode :D

but yeah I think i'm stuck in ambivert land, though I am REALLY unsure how the whole ambivert thing actually works, I mean logically how would the whole function theory work? what would be dominant, what would be inferior? there would be order to it :eek: maybe that shows the state of my own mind :p yeah I would agree about the not being in touch with my body being an INTP thing, but I have no real ENTPs to turn to for specific questions etc, mm I should dig into this more, I think one thing that has swayed me away from being an ENTP is that they tend from my observations be very err business-oriented, almost like ESTPs, and I am definitely not the showman/salesman type, I think if I were an ENTP, being a 5 and ENTP would be one of those extremely odd occurrences.

:p I think if the 5 page thread from the other thing I created had any sort of merit, than I am an INTP with some well developed Fe, dont' really know how it happened but bah I best stop analyzing it and use it for the best, and use my pseudo Extraversion for some benefit :)

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Not all ExTPs are salesmen. Just like not all INFPs are emo. Okay maybe that was not the best example.

The_World_As_Will

Not all ExTPs are salesmen. Just like not all INFPs are emo. Okay maybe that was not the best example.

lol nah not all INFPs are emo's, I love INFPs, have a great relationship with them, best friend and GF are INFPs, hmm still stuck in ambivert land, I think the most likely answer is just an INTP with highly developed Fe, but idk, still wouldn't know how the ambivert thing would work, from a Jungian perspective, wouldn't that mean if I were an XNTP, that under-developed, or not differentiated hmm questions questions and more confusion :|

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Maybe you could try going with the roles of the processes (Leading, Supporting, Relief, etc.)? I'm not the best expert on it, though...

The_World_As_Will

Maybe you could try going with the roles of the processes (Leading, Supporting, Relief, etc.)? I'm not the best expert on it, though...

Yeah!! I was reading through John Bebe's model, and by that, I am definitely an INTP, and i've been getting into that recently, so I guess it would be i'm an INTP with well developed Fe, despite that being odd... really odd.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yeah!! I was reading through John Bebe's model, and by that, I am definitely an INTP, and i've been getting into that recently, so I guess it would be i'm an INTP with well developed Fe, despite that being odd... really odd.

I don't think it's odd... I think SuchIrony is split on the INTP/ISFJ divide, you might wanna ask his opinion. :yes:

The_World_As_Will

I don't think it's odd... I think SuchIrony is split on the INTP/ISFJ divide, you might wanna ask his opinion. :yes:

Good point, though I suppose my type fairly obvious given the fact that it hasn't gotten any responses (at least in comparison to your thread)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
lol more like your personality is more friendlier/welcoming than my own lol so people will respond more :doh: at giant sky father or aliens for the creation of me lol

Aw... That's not fair. :( If it's any consolation, I think you're a cool guy, TWAW. :hug: