• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My answers to Limit's questionnaire

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Thanks to Limit and Savage Idealist for the questions. :) Don't feel constrained by my self-typing - go with what sounds more likely to you and we'll go from there, 'k, guys? :smile:

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel.”

(I'm taking some liberties about what constitutes a "quality"...)
* I am quiet. The opposite would be "loud".
* I am sensitive. The opposite would be "rough".
* I am careful. The opposite would be "rash".
* I am open-minded. The opposite would be "close-minded".
* I am easily rapt. The opposite would be "easily distracted".

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel. I guess I can be cruel because I never tip waiters. Tipping waiters encourages them to stay at these jobs ‘….’”

* I can be loud when engrossed in a conversation or when being dramatic. It can be good, since that makes people pay more attention to what I say and helps me verbalize my ideas.
* I can be rough when feeling neurotic or conflicted, when I feel "invaded" or when my perfectionism takes over. It can be good, since I can establish boundaries and be honest with people (though it makes me feel a bit guilty).
* I can be rash when I want to get out of the "we're going there, no, we're going there" loops and just want to do something instead of grumbling about it to people who have nothing to do with it. It can be good, since otherwise you can be trapped in a mental/argumentative quagmire.
* I can be close-minded when people involve me in their plans without asking me or when people think I'm being silly and foolish. It can be good, since it encourages people to take me seriously and helps me defend my ideas. This happens mostly when I'm stressed, though.
* I can be easily distracted when doing something very boring or that makes me anxious (homework or projects, for instance - can you say procrastination? ;)). It can be good, since I get less miffed when people ask me to do something out of the blue.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

"I think that's something that's different for everyone. I guess you just have to make good use of your gifts and find people who understand and care about you, while you understand and care about them... I'm not the most qualified person to tell you, to be honest, kiddo. XD"

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

"Make good friends, work hard and find something that interests you. Also, don't cheat or double-cross people - you wouldn't want them to do that to you, would you?"
(Note: I'm lousy with children. :doh:)

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

Geez, that's a tough one. I'd try to make my peace with those I feel I've let down, I guess, and read a lot. And, of course, ask that those I care about are informed about the illness, so they don't think I've abandoned them.

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

Last one is obvious. :newwink: I'm a bit too neurotic to do the "make my peace" thing, and I kinda feel it's never quite over... Plus, I'm a bit of a lousy communicator. I don't read a lot nowadays because my enjoyment is diminished during the university period due to my shimmering-under-the-surface anxiety.

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

That's hard to say... I have desires, but I also have to think of their impact on those I care about (my family, specifically). I'd say I want to be able to help people (indirectly, maybe) while having my personal space - my "den", if you will - and my personal "library" to enjoy (plus Internet access :newwink:). I also want to befriend people who like and care about me and be a good friend to them.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

I'm currently a bit lonely and feeling inferior to my peers in RL, but I've made great friends in this forum (You guys rock! :hug:). I've also chosen a career I'm not sure I like that much, but that counts as an invaluable asset to society, which is good, I guess. I also read during vacation, when I can truly immerse myself in a novel, and settle for reading comics during the university period due to my anxiety “glitching” my attention span.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?
Sometimes people don’t realize what their true defense mechanisms are because they are working at 100% efficiency. You may have to really think about this one.
Another way to look at the question:
When you start to feel uncomfortable or anxious about a situation, what do you generally start to do?

Denial, hardening oneself, perfectionism, avoidance of human contact, procrastination, occasional self-loathing, being fidgety, intellectualizing my feelings and repressing my anger and frustration. Gotta catch 'em all! :biggrin:

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Leisure time, exercise (ugh), having supportive friends, finding a hobby you are passionate about (or, less dramatically, find fascinating/enthralling) and being diligent about your work, I suppose.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

I'm warmer, more eager to share my thoughts, a bit clingier, less afraid, a bit less neurotic and more tolerant of my natural sensitivity.

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

Acceptance. Lasting friendships. Less feelings of inferiority. To find my identity and my role - I want to feel less like a sick child that inspires pity and feels useless. Some time alone for reverie without people asking if I’m sad.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

It's kind of "rolling with it" right now... Feeling a bit trapped by my self-criticism and my rationalizations.

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

To find a niche, to be useful for something. To read more. It wants me to get ready for the dread of adulthood, so to speak. It needs to make sure I know enough not to spend the rest of my days in a box in an alleyway.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

It's being a bit passive-aggressive, a silent klaxon flashing my anxiety about the future. I must be strong and work hard, or I'll be toast, it warns me.

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

My back begs for a better posture. My face wonders when the oil refinery in my epidermis will shut down. My skinny arms want me to eat more and healthier, I suppose. The thing as a whole wants me to keep my exercise routine and wants to be less shaky during driver's ed.

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Pretty decent, though my sebaceous forehead makes me feel a bit polluted.

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

When it's a very important decision, my head. I don't want to stumble and fall majorly because I "felt like doing" something. I try to put some heart into my daily life, though. :)

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Body, I suppose. I'm a bit detached from it. Mostly, it sits back and makes monosyllabic comments.

20. What is your predominant fault?

I'd say I have quite a few of them, so it's hard to say which one is predominant... Let's say either my bottled anger (which soon becomes bitterness), my constant neurosis, my insecurity or my reticence/isolation.

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

It felt pretty damn nice... The world seemed to have quite a lot of people who were friendly and caring, I felt like I could approach them and, when I did, I could build something that lasted. I felt more free to share my thoughts and I felt more competent and knowledgeable.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I felt the silent yet merciless judgement of others' eyes stinging my soul... The world seemed like a hybrid of maze and courtroom, everything I made became another reason to feel shame. If I couldn't prove I was not worthless, I might as well be dead and buried. I wasn't suicidal or anything, but death seemed like an alluring escape valve to make the sound of the gavel cease. "A bad son. A bad student. A bad networker. A lazybones. Do I really deserve to be alive? Do I want to be, now that I realize what a load, what a pathetic creature I am?"

And it seemed so big – someone with few social skills like me could easily feel safer in his room, safe from the deluge of life and the judgement of my peers...

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

My need to win approval and avoid disappointment (both to others and myself)... I can be guilt-tripped with relative ease. Also, my need for solitude, which has led me to become pretty much disconnected from the social scene.

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?

Example: “I can not express my feelings, because I feel like I need to be cool, calm, and collected to survive.”
“I have to be right. I can not afford to be wrong.”

I sometimes feel like I can't fail, like I can't let concrete proof of my incompetence exist... I also feel like I need to be cautious and diligent, though I'm better at the former than at the latter.

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?

I need the support of those I care about, and I need to know there is still going to be dry land to return to when I dive into the shark pool - my den, my belongings, and the people whose company I enjoy greatly. I also need time to think, to understand what I’m getting myself into.

26. What is your own personal mission statement?

Examples:
“The kind of person I would like to be ____.”
“The kind of activities I would like to be in ______.”
“My personal mission is to ______.”

I want to be a nice person and a good friend. I want to be wise, but not arrogant. My personal mission is to be worthy of love, and to make possible friends feel worthy of love as well, without sacrificing my personal space. I want to be tolerant, respectful with people. I want to be able to show I care. :)

I liked this list, though it's a bit lacking when it comes to behavioral patterns, IMO. :shrug: In any case, feel free to ask if you guys have any questions! :D

Thanks in advance. :hug:

The_World_As_Will

You are SUCH an INFP it's not even funny! , Interesting responses, I should probably do this (eventually)

and heh, my INFP girlfriend told me this same thing yesterday

"I think that's something that's different for everyone. I guess you just have to make good use of your gifts and find people who understand and care about you, while you understand and care about them... I'm not the most qualified person to tell you"

.... though i'm not a child?... well as far as I know, :eek: maybe I am

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
You are SUCH an INFP it's not even funny! , Interesting responses, I should probably do this (eventually)

and heh, my INFP girlfriend told me this same thing yesterday

"I think that's something that's different for everyone. I guess you just have to make good use of your gifts and find people who understand and care about you, while you understand and care about them... I'm not the most qualified person to tell you"

.... though i'm not a child?... well as far as I know, :eek: maybe I am

Thanks for responding, TWAW! :) Funny, I showed these answers to someone else and they figured I was an ISFJ... Then again, I edited my answers a bit before posting them here due to realizing I didn't emphasize my need for "alone time" enough - I'm shy, but that's not the only reason I'm asocial.

Are we all not babes in the wood, buddy? ;)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP, 4w5.
I'm not the most qualified person to tell you, to be honest, kiddo. XD
Sounds like Ne humour. I love it. :laugh:

What are you graduating on?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
INFP, 4w5.

Really? I always feel like I'm not "genuine" enough to be a 4... One of my main issues nowadays is that I "sweep stuff under the rug" quite a bit and refuse to voice my opinion... :thinking:

Journalism. I don't live in the USA, so I go to an university instead of a college.

Thanks for the feedback, Rasofy! I appreciate it very much. :hug:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP, 4w5.

oh, I was thinking 9w1 (IxFP, probably INFP)

You seem kind of second guessing of yourself, but I think it sounds like you have a lot to offer. (Just throwing that out there.)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
9w1 is a pretty good guess, S&S. :yes: The reason it seems a bit off to me is because I usually come across as a bit downcast or neurotic... Also, I simply can't let some things go easily, they tend to leave me a lil' bitter...

Does anyone see Fe in me? A few people said I seemed more Fe than Fi... :thinking:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1 is a pretty good guess, S&S. :yes: The reason it seems a bit off to me is because I usually come across as a bit downcast or neurotic... Also, I simply can't let some things go easily, they tend to leave me a lil' bitter...

Does anyone see Fe in me? A few people said I seemed more Fe than Fi... :thinking:

I see 9 because you seem to avoid a lot of conflict and want everything to be calm and peaceful, with a balance of seeing a lot of potential for success in your life, internal ability to go far, and the fact that you see neuroticism and obsessiveness, (not as obvious to me from what I've seen so far.) The wing is probably much more apparent to you than it is to anyone else. And no, I see Fi all the way.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I see 9 because you seem to avoid a lot of conflict and want everything to be calm and peaceful, with a balance of seeing a lot of potential for success in your life, internal ability to go far, and the fact that you see neuroticism and obsessiveness, (not as obvious to me from what I've seen so far.) The wing is probably much more apparent to you than it is to anyone else. And no, I see Fi all the way.

Could you please elaborateon the bolded, S&S?

Also, thanks for the feedback! :smile:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See reddened and following comments. (Sorry, I didn't bold all of my writing though I meant to. Basically, just read the reddened and then read comments immediately following.)

Thanks to Limit and Savage Idealist for the questions. :) Don't feel constrained by my self-typing - go with what sounds more likely to you and we'll go from there, 'k, guys? :smile:

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel.”

(I'm taking some liberties about what constitutes a "quality"...)
* I am quiet. The opposite would be "loud".
* I am sensitive. The opposite would be "rough".
* I am careful. The opposite would be "rash".
* I am open-minded. The opposite would be "close-minded".
* I am easily rapt. The opposite would be "easily distracted".

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel. I guess I can be cruel because I never tip waiters. Tipping waiters encourages them to stay at these jobs ‘….’”

* I can be loud when engrossed in a conversation or when being dramatic. It can be good, since that makes people pay more attention to what I say and helps me verbalize my ideas.
* I can be rough when feeling neurotic or conflicted, when I feel "invaded" or when my perfectionism takes over. It can be good, since I can establish boundaries and be honest with people (though it makes me feel a bit guilty). This says "I want to stand my ground, I am a perfectionist, have strong beliefs deep inside, but they conflict with my basic need for peace." (To me.)
* I can be rash when I want to get out of the "we're going there, no, we're going there" loops and just want to do something instead of grumbling about it to people who have nothing to do with it. It can be good, since otherwise you can be trapped in a mental/argumentative quagmire.
* I can be close-minded when people involve me in their plans without asking me or when people think I'm being silly and foolish. It can be good, since it encourages people to take me seriously and helps me defend my ideas. This happens mostly when I'm stressed, though.
* I can be easily distracted when doing something very boring or that makes me anxious (homework or projects, for instance - can you say procrastination? ;)). It can be good, since I get less miffed when people ask me to do something out of the blue.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

"I think that's something that's different for everyone. I guess you just have to make good use of your gifts and find people who understand and care about you, while you understand and care about them... I'm not the most qualified person to tell you, to be honest, kiddo.
XD" Makes me think of Fi, a broad and wise value statement.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

"Make good friends, work hard and find something that interests you. Also, don't cheat or double-cross people - you wouldn't want them to do that to you, would you?"
(Note: I'm lousy with children. :doh:)
The Golden Rule, Fi.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

Geez, that's a tough one. I'd try to make my peace with those I feel I've let down, I guess, and read a lot. And, of course, ask that those I care about are informed about the illness, so they don't think I've abandoned them.

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

Last one is obvious. :newwink: I'm a bit too neurotic to do the "make my peace" thing, and I kinda feel it's never quite over... Plus, I'm a bit of a lousy communicator. I don't read a lot nowadays because my enjoyment is diminished during the university period due to my shimmering-under-the-surface anxiety.

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

That's hard to say... I have desires, but I also have to think of their impact on those I care about (my family, specifically). I'd say I want to be able to help people (indirectly, maybe) while having my personal space - my "den", if you will - and my personal "library" to enjoy (plus Internet access :newwink:). I also want to befriend people who like and care about me and be a good friend to them. Combination 9w1 and Fi. Don't want to let your internal desires conflict with your values, and also harmony around you. Seems like the one wing is there but conflicts with the rest.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

I'm currently a bit lonely and feeling inferior to my peers in RL, but I've made great friends in this forum (You guys rock! :hug:). I've also chosen a career I'm not sure I like that much, but that counts as an invaluable asset to society, which is good, I guess. I also read during vacation, when I can truly immerse myself in a novel, and settle for reading comics during the university period due to my anxiety “glitching” my attention span. Sounds like there is some unrealized potential in another field, possibly perceived to be a more 'selfish" one? Anxiety/ fear of rattling things up so are staying where you are. (and/ or) the Fi/ 9ness still wants to keep the peace and do the right thing. Escape through books and other knowledge.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?
Sometimes people don’t realize what their true defense mechanisms are because they are working at 100% efficiency. You may have to really think about this one.
Another way to look at the question:
When you start to feel uncomfortable or anxious about a situation, what do you generally start to do?

Denial, hardening oneself, perfectionism, avoidance of human contact, procrastination, occasional self-loathing, being fidgety, intellectualizing my feelings and repressing my anger and frustration. Gotta catch 'em all! :biggrin: This all sounds like someone who is scared and conflicted. Perfectionism breeds procrastination. Conflict avoiding, so not going after exactly what you want, whatever that is.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Leisure time, exercise (ugh), having supportive friends, finding a hobby you are passionate about
To escape the job that you're not passionate about? (or, less dramatically, find fascinating/enthralling) and being diligent about your work, I suppose.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

I'm warmer, more eager to share my thoughts, a bit clingier, less afraid, a bit less neurotic and more tolerant of my natural sensitivity.

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

Acceptance. Lasting friendships. Less feelings of inferiority. To find my identity and my role - I want to feel less like a sick child that inspires pity and feels useless. Some time alone for reverie without people asking if I’m sad.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

It's kind of "rolling with it" right now... Feeling a bit trapped by my self-criticism and my rationalizations
."I want to do more but am afraid, don't want to put myself in an uncomfortable situation or conflict with my values."

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

To find a niche, to be useful for something. To read more. It wants me to get ready for the dread of adulthood, so to speak. It needs to make sure I know enough not to spend the rest of my days in a box in an alleyway.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

It's being a bit passive-aggressive, a silent klaxon flashing my anxiety about the future. I must be strong and work hard, or I'll be toast, it warns me. "Be strong, work hard, do more, but keep the peace."

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

My back begs for a better posture. My face wonders when the oil refinery in my epidermis will shut down. My skinny arms want me to eat more and healthier, I suppose. The thing as a whole wants me to keep my exercise routine and wants to be less shaky during driver's ed.

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Pretty decent, though my sebaceous forehead makes me feel a bit polluted.

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

When it's a very important decision, my head. I don't want to stumble and fall majorly because I "felt like doing" something. I try to put some heart into my daily life, though. :)

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Body, I suppose. I'm a bit detached from it. Mostly, it sits back and makes monosyllabic comments.

20. What is your predominant fault?

I'd say I have quite a few of them, so it's hard to say which one is predominant... Let's say either my bottled anger (which soon becomes bitterness), my constant neurosis, my insecurity or my reticence/isolation.

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

It felt pretty damn nice... The world seemed to have quite a lot of people who were friendly and caring, I felt like I could approach them and, when I did, I could build something that lasted. I felt more free to share my thoughts and I felt more competent and knowledgeable.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I felt the silent yet merciless judgement of others' eyes stinging my soul... The world seemed like a hybrid of maze and courtroom, everything I made became another reason to feel shame. If I couldn't prove I was not worthless, I might as well be dead and buried. I wasn't suicidal or anything, but death seemed like an alluring escape valve to make the sound of the gavel cease. "A bad son. A bad student. A bad networker. A lazybones. Do I really deserve to be alive? Do I want to be, now that I realize what a load, what a pathetic creature I am?"

And it seemed so big – someone with few social skills like me could easily feel safer in his room, safe from the deluge of life and the judgement of my peers...

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

My need to win approval and avoid disappointment (both to others and myself)... I can be guilt-tripped with relative ease. Also, my need for solitude, which has led me to become pretty much disconnected from the social scene.

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?

Example: “I can not express my feelings, because I feel like I need to be cool, calm, and collected to survive.”
“I have to be right. I can not afford to be wrong.”

I sometimes feel like I can't fail, like I can't let concrete proof of my incompetence exist... I also feel like I need to be cautious and diligent, though I'm better at the former than at the latter.
"I can't fail but I'm failing, I want success."

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?

I need the support of those I care about, and I need to know there is still going to be dry land to return to when I dive into the shark pool - my den, my belongings, and the people whose company I enjoy greatly. I also need time to think, to understand what I’m getting myself into.

26. What is your own personal mission statement?

Examples:
“The kind of person I would like to be ____.”
“The kind of activities I would like to be in ______.”
“My personal mission is to ______.”

I want to be a nice person and a good friend. I want to be wise, but not arrogant. My personal mission is to be worthy of love, and to make possible friends feel worthy of love as well, without sacrificing my personal space. I want to be tolerant, respectful with people. I want to be able to show I care. :) Value/ Fi Central.

I liked this list, though it's a bit lacking when it comes to behavioral patterns, IMO. :shrug: In any case, feel free to ask if you guys have any questions! :D

Thanks in advance. :hug:

This is my in depth analysis. You may see something different, someone else may see something different, and I could be way far off. I hope at least some of it helps.

The_World_As_Will

Really? I always feel like I'm not "genuine" enough to be a 4... One of my main issues nowadays is that I "sweep stuff under the rug" quite a bit and refuse to voice my opinion... :thinking:

Journalism. I don't live in the USA, so I go to an university instead of a college.

Thanks for the feedback, Rasofy! I appreciate it very much. :hug:

lol no dude, trust me, you ARE a 4, it's well so 'present', it's the vibe you give off and I would agree about the Ne humour thing, lol I bet you have a pretty dark/morbid sense of humour as well?? also, 'sweeping stuff under the rug and not voicing your opinion' IS an Fi-dominant thing, INFPs tend to keep this really reserved demeanor unless you piss them off (but usually Ne takes the lead, and they can just respond with some witty joke or just walk away), lol talk to some other INFP 4's here, you'll see the resemblance

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ooh, thanks again, S&S! I'll expand on some points:

This says "I want to stand my ground, I am a perfectionist, have strong beliefs deep inside, but they conflict with my basic need for peace." (To me.)

It's often not so much my values as my desires, I'll admit. I'm a bit passionate about some things (such as my vendetta against women's footwear and sexist attitudes), but I often doubt my positions a bit too much to be sure of them. That, and I know some of my beliefs are not necessarily based on hard fact, so I find it a bit embarassing to vocalize them... :blushing:

The Golden Rule, Fi.

I thought the Golden Rule tit-for-tat thing was more Fe, but I'm basing it off Vicky Jo Varner again, so I might be off base...

Combination 9w1 and Fi. Don't want to let your internal desires conflict with your values, and also harmony around you. Seems like the one wing is there but conflicts with the rest.

It's partially about harmony and not wanting to be divisive or exclusivist, but it's also about feeling that I owe a lot to my parents and therefore not wanting to disappoint them... :sad:

Sounds like there is some unrealized potential in another field, possibly perceived to be a more 'selfish" one? Anxiety/ fear of rattling things up so are staying where you are. (and/ or) the Fi/ 9ness still wants to keep the peace and do the right thing. Escape through books and other knowledge.

Truth is, I don't know what my "gift" is, or even if I have one... People tell me I'm good at writing, so... Journalism! As an aside, I could see the reasoning above being applicable to 6w5 as well. :thinking:

This all sounds like someone who is scared and conflicted. Perfectionism breeds procrastination. Conflict avoiding, so not going after exactly what you want, whatever that is.

Funny thing... I've read people here saying that "going after what you want" is exactly what Fi is all about. I guess it's a multi-use function...

To escape the job that you're not passionate about? (or, less dramatically, find fascinating/enthralling) and being diligent about your work, I suppose.

Basically, yes. I don't think I'm competent enough when it comes to reading to delve into deep literary analysis... Also, I imagine a hobby kind of ceases to be fun when your paycheck depends on it. :newwink:

"Be strong, work hard, do more, but keep the peace."

I won't pretend I'm not a lazy procrastinator who groans at the thought of writing a ten-page essay - I just don't want to be a freeloader. :blush:

"I can't fail but I'm failing, I want success."

Not so much "success" as "avoiding being a failure", but yeah. :blush:

Once again, danke, bud! :D

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
lol no dude, trust me, you ARE a 4, it's well so 'present', it's the vibe you give off and I would agree about the Ne humour thing, lol I bet you have a pretty dark/morbid sense of humour as well?? also, 'sweeping stuff under the rug and not voicing your opinion' IS an Fi-dominant thing, INFPs tend to keep this really reserved demeanor unless you piss them off (but usually Ne takes the lead, and they can just respond with some witty joke or just walk away), lol talk to some other INFP 4's here, you'll see the resemblance

I've been called "morbid" before, I admit. :laugh:

Maybe that's why I feel inferior sometimes - I'm twisted! :crazy:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, thanks again, S&S! I'll expand on some points:

It's often not so much my values as my desires, I'll admit. I'm a bit passionate about some things (such as my vendetta against women's footwear and sexist attitudes), but I often doubt my positions a bit too much to be sure of them. That, and I know some of my beliefs are not necessarily based on hard fact, so I find it a bit embarassing to vocalize them... :blushing:

I thought the Golden Rule tit-for-tat thing was more Fe, but I'm basing it off Vicky Jo Varner again, so I might be off base...

It's partially about harmony and not wanting to be divisive or exclusivist, but it's also about feeling that I owe a lot to my parents and therefore not wanting to disappoint them... :sad:

Truth is, I don't know what my "gift" is, or even if I have one... People tell me I'm good at writing, so... Journalism! As an aside, I could see the reasoning above being applicable to 6w5 as well. :thinking:

Funny thing... I've read people here saying that "going after what you want" is exactly what Fi is all about. I guess it's a multi-use function...

Basically, yes. I don't think I'm competent enough when it comes to reading to delve into deep literary analysis... Also, I imagine a hobby kind of ceases to be fun when your paycheck depends on it. :newwink:

I won't pretend I'm not a lazy procrastinator who groans at the thought of writing a ten-page essay - I just don't want to be a freeloader. :blush:

Not so much "success" as "avoiding being a failure", but yeah. :blush:

Once again, danke, bud! :D

Makes sense. Again, functions and enneagrams are all very open to interpretation.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Alas, I don't know if I have the "it" Fours have. I'm about as creative and expressive as a cinder block. :laugh:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Let's say I was a Four, though, TWAW. Am I more of a 4w3 or a 4w5, in your opinion?

The_World_As_Will

Let's say I was a Four, though, TWAW. Am I more of a 4w3 or a 4w5, in your opinion?

Hmm depends, most 4w3's like the appearance of being a 4w5 so they end up choosing that because 4w3 sounds well too blah and they see the image of a 3 as fake nd too materialistic and they tend not to like it, :p but there is absolutely nothing wrong with 4w3's and they can be knowledgeable or smart or 'deep' as 4w5's just id less stand-offish , my best friend and gf are both 4w3's I have a surprisingly great relationship with them.. why? Idk, but to answer your question, do you try to 'charm' or impress people in order for them to like you? and secretly want people to care about your emotions, sort of like if you write depressing poetry, a 4w3 would be like 'hey guys look at this really depressing poem I wrote, look how sad I am" :p i haven't noticed that with 4w5, I'd say 4w3 but idk, it's up to you. again my bt is on INFP 4w3 but IMO those guys are the coolest 8)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hmm depends, most 4w3's like the appearance of being a 4w5 so they end up choosing that because 4w3 sounds well too blah and they see the image of a 3 as fake nd too materialistic and they tend not to like it, :p but there is absolutely nothing wrong with 4w3's and they can be knowledgeable or smart or 'deep' as 4w5's just id less stand-offish , my best friend and gf are both 4w3's I have a surprisingly great relationship with them.. why? Idk, but to answer your question, do you try to 'charm' or impress people in order for them to like you? and secretly want people to care about your emotions, sort of like if you write depressing poetry, a 4w3 would be like 'hey guys look at this really depressing poem I wrote, look how sad I am" :p i haven't noticed that with 4w5, I'd say 4w3 but idk, it's up to you. again my bt is on INFP 4w3 but IMO those guys are the coolest 8)

I usually want to be perceived as "nice", but I'm not a very good "self-promoter"... Also, I don't write poetry. :wink: Heck, I don't write anything unless prompted - I'm not one of those people who have "the itch".

I dislike advertising my sadness, but it kind of comes out anyway... Sometimes I kind of resemble Eeyore, I suppose. :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're an ISFJ 9w1 loyal, dependable, sweet, accepting and downright huggable
:hug: :hug: :hug:

The_World_As_Will

I usually want to be perceived as "nice", but I'm not a very good "self-promoter"... Also, I don't write poetry. :wink: Heck, I don't write anything unless prompted - I'm not one of those people who have "the itch".

I dislike advertising my sadness, but it kind of comes out anyway... Sometimes I kind of resemble Eeyore, I suppose. :laugh:

lol :p they are too, but the urge is still there, and well that was just an example about the poetry thing, the point was that they broadcast their feelings. :p but I wouldn't get too caught up in the enneagram, personally I'm slowly distancing myself from it but I say use it if you find it useful, also maybe you should do what you recommended to me? The 8 function model by bebe to figure out your type?. I think it might be useful, here's a very good link on it, and i don't see you as an SJ AT ALL! I don't notice you as a dominant Si'er with Aux Fe, I don't see how elfboy can see that, lets accept that 9w1 was accurate, it would be well odd for an ISFJ to be one, I think people are seeing your Fi+Ne as 'sweet and accepting + Loyal". but meh maybe i'm wrong, You should use the bebe model in order to decide but I don't get Si dom from you AT ALL!

nor is Elfboy an INFP, that's utterly LAUGHABLE, he's an ENFP and he needs to admit it!