• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What function is this?

Curiosity

Enneagram
I hope this is in the right forum..

I'm really curious about what this function is (or if it would be considered a function) because I seem to use it constantly without even thinking
Okay. Here are a few examples:

Example 1: My friend and I went to a fair. There was this old man sitting about 7 benches away from us that had been staring at me earlier. I was talking to my friend and saw him move a bench closer. I said to her "That guy is moving closer, I think we should leave" she claimed "you're being paranoid". Again, he moves when bench closer and I say to her "If he moves one more time we're
leaving, deal?" and in response she said "whatever". He moved again, of course and we left. Leaving her saying "How did you know that?"

Example 2: My brother donates plasma three times a week. He went there twice and they gave him a different reason why they couldn't allow him to donate each time. He asks me to lend him money and tells me he'll pay me back the next day when he donates. And I say to him "No. Because you're not going to be able to donate. They've turned you away twice this week" he responds by saying "Oh, they can't turn me away a third time. Stop being so negative." and sure enough, they did. Leaving him saying "How did you know that"

Example 3: Another thing I can do pretty accurately is memorize peoples behaviors. Once when I was very young I didn't want to go somewhere with my mom. My brother aid "Well, just don't go" and I said "I can't do that because then she'll yell. Watch I'll show you." (I also stated what she was going to say, but I don't remember what is was). I go into her room and tell her that I don't want to go. And, of course, she starts yelling and says verbatim of what I said she would say. And my brother was left wondering how I knew that.

Thanks for responses.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome to the forums Curiosity :hi: I love the avatar, so cute :wubbie: :yes:

The function that you seem to be using is Introverted Sensing (Si).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Probably Ne. Pattern seeking.

Curiosity

Enneagram
Welcome to the forums Curiosity :hi: I love the avatar, so cute :wubbie: :yes:

The function that you seem to be using is Introverted Sensing (Si).

Thank you. It's a sand cat. :)
And thank you for your response. I'll have to do more research.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Si for sure. Ne and Si both seek patterns, but you seem to see the linear patterns based on concrete cause and effect that have been committed to your memory. It happened once, it happened twice, so therefore it will happen again.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
Appears to be simple common sense to me. Maybe Si if you have to attribute it to functions.
And remember that we can use all 8 functions regardless of type, we're just better at some than others.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well be glad you "only" scored extp, there could be always worse, like ixtp :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7jDRqaJU2E&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]