• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the omar

mumblebee

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well put! Very insitefull and mythotical....I love lists and if I had to make a list of myself, my love of lists would have to be on there.....so focused:)
Anyway I am an ENFJ and just for comparisons sake, here's how I relate/am diffrent:

-1 and 2 hit the nail on the head for me.

-3 being outgoing in crowds I find energising and have always been able to be that way. I feel comfortable being around many types of people.

-4 I can not relate to as I keep my door open to kind of feel part of the rest of the house. I am constantly removing things from my room that everyone leaves in there....it is annoying so I should think about having it open between 9-5 and close for an hour at lunch:)

-5 I feel very stronly about. I refuse to do something for the rest of my life that pays well if I hate it....period. The only problem is that this has ment that I couldn't and wouldn't even dream of paying thousands of dollars for university and quit during my 4th year. I would invest in the books maybe, or not do it at all.

-6 I identify with the last part. Although I agreed with #3, about being comfortable around many different people, there are only a few that I consider very close friends. I really have specific needs with these people....I need to be mentaly and creatively stimulated, have a simaler level of passion and energy, they need to be socially aware, halarious, open, anylitical, sincere, and empathetic. For the first part of #6, I too will interpret and have strong intuition about people I have just met, which in a way will lead me to form an opinion about them....however my opinion is flexible and will be updated if I get to know something different about them that is unexpected for me.

-7 I feel the same with this one. Although I don't know much about typology....and I am oddly comfortable with my level of knowledge with it. Although it is facinating, I don't mind not emersing myself in this one. I sometimes do that with things I really like....maybe I am in some way afraid that I will lose my ability for origional thought.

-8 I understand what it's like to do this. Muted, it helps me realate, be aware and a little bit more causious, but when this trait becomes more dominant I can become very jaded, and unaware of any new possibilitys. I have worked hard at keeping this at bay and not endulging it too much. It has gotten better.

-9 I can come up with a bazillion different ways a scenario can play out. But have a hell of a time not thinking of the other ways it will turn out....my "take action" suitcase is loaded with so much stuff sometimes I find it hard to even pick up.....do I pack the bathing suit, the parka, the 70's inspired leg warmers.....oh hell I'll pack them all, you never know if you'll meet Richard Simmons on the way.

-10 I have been working hard on this one for the past 5 years.....the whole "put the mask on yourself first" thing.

-11 I wanted to end with a cliche on #10 to illistrate my feeling that cliches are usefull and effective when wanting to get accross to some people who are less effective with communication, they are not always innacurate when they are used providing the person using them is doing so properly, they are an undeniably a very important part of a cultures linguistic identity. And I'm sorry when I watch the news and I see a maritimer saying "Oh my land" I have to smile....it's so friggin cute.

-12 This one is so irronic to read. I don't know if you realise but I think you should read your own post....pretend it's someone else writing it.....see what I mean??? Your envious arnt you? You seem to have a very strong sense of identity....maybe you don't, but maybe the people that you envy don't either. I sometimes question who I am....other times I feel so sure of the answer. This is what anylitical people and insitefull people do....thats part of who we are...the face of our identity. It definaitly doesent look as clear and consise as a list....which erks me too....but hey, I love the chase:)

-13 I have always longed to be discribed as creepy.....

-14 I really get this one too. I definaitly am not the "follow the crowd type" (sorry I just keep injecting cliche's in there:) "learn to deal" haha!), but I have never been to prowd to change my mind based on new info or feedback....the only thing is, I am the one that changes it.

-15 When I was younger there was a fire in my home, The only things I have ever missed were the things that had no finantial value. I can really understand and relate to this.

-16 I feel very simaler on this one. You can't grow if you won't eat anything....I feel that to develop yourself to your fullest, you have to be willing to take some stuff in and be willing to question yourself.

-17 I'm a daydreamer too...always have been. I have never ended up in a pool though...see thats why you should pack a swimsuit in your suitcase!!!

-18 I don't know what kind of debator I am...I love to debate, I love to encourage, and I am definaitly not dominating in aproch....well I guess I do know then:)

-19 I think I am okay with my senses....I used to love acid in my teenage years, I loved the constant epiphanies....I loved being able to indulge my philisophical thoughts for 8-12 hour for the low low price of $3-$5/tab. Someone should have smacked me upside the head and told me to value my brain....now I can't even smoke pot without getting paranoid....I think my anxiety has been directly caused by the drugs.

-20 I do this too....I was recently told that it was the E part of my type, but seeing that your an I....maybe were just a little of eh:) All I know is that it helps me process my thoughts.

-21 I do this a bet as well....thats why I like writing sometimes. Writing/Typing your responses out forces you to slow down a bit....but I too really enjoy fast paced communication and am often anticipating the conversation in advance. I think this is because I am so engaged with people when I comunicate.

-22 I have atrocious spelling but refuse to allow my self to hide it behind spell check...it's kind of a punishment I give myself...:)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My best guess: INFP 5w4 > 4w3 > 1w9 sp/sx and probably INTj

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Could be poor Ni or Si (likely tertiary). Tert Ni tends to be paranoia about future & tert Si tends to be distorted perceptions of the past.

Would it count as distorted if I tend to only remember the negative aspects of my past?

What kind of scenarios? Se types often see many possibilities, but these are in the concrete realm of reality (events, people, things), and they tend to hone in on the most realistic choices & take action on those. Ne types tend to see conceptual possibilities, focusing more on how the meaning of something could develop vs. actual, literal situations.

I can't stare off of high ledges because I almost always imagine myself falling off of it and what it would be like/what kind of effect that would have on the people around me and my family and how that would play out. I usually end up in trance and always snap back to myself to "resume my sensory input" so to speak.

When people say something to me or something is presented to me, I often find myself over-complicating things because I'm looking for the bigger picture behind something when often there is nothing to be found beyond what is apparent.

I often ponder about how something will turn out even if it won't happen for weeks from now or there's a chance it may not happen at all.

Not type related. Most people (claim they) don't like illogic and ignorance.p

Not everyone finds opportunities to actively state their opinion about the issue and enjoy doing so though. The subject at hand is not type related but the way I approach it is imo.

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I should also add that when it comes to relationships I have a strong desire to find the "ideal girl" and I like all of my relationships and friendships to be intensely close no. I have a lot of criteria with women but I also actively try to improve it with the women I do interact with on a relationship basis.

I have no problem being sexual with someone I am not in a relationship with as long as I at least have a strong friendship with them. I also have no problem with a strong friendship being developed as a result of that kind of thing.

I am against infatuation as I have fallen into that kind of behavior in the past and I don't think it leads anywhere good. It is one sided and only strays away from my ultimate goal relationship wise.

I have many fantasies about my ideal relationship that I don't try to actively instigate in real life but try to let opportunities for them to manifest fall into my lap.

I have a fierce loyalty to the people I care once I have invested in them, and although I never want to and it is taxing on me to do so I have the ability to disassociate myself with someone I love if it's for the greater good (on their end at least). I've done so a couple times now because of circumstances out of my control.

After a bit i'll post my actual test scores and self conclusions for big5, mbti and enneagram for comparison.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My obvious stance against money being used as a motivation to do good work is an argument you could only make on a moral basis (since it is illogical to shun money when it is essential for survival).

A Ti dominant would not argue for this kind of thing, they would argue against it because of it's lack of cohesiveness with how the world actually operates. (that's exactly what my INTP friend did in response to this status actually.) Ti dominants project what they consider to be right from a logical standpoint, not a moral one. Only Fi does that.

well, yes and no. Ti morality is an interesting thing. my friend in ethics class i mentioned - he's quite the moralist. fascinating kid, actually. he's a fan of kant, which makes sense if you know kantian ethics (i'd also eat a piece of looseleaf if kant was not INTP). the categorical imperative is realistically often impractical in a number of ways, but it's logically airtight.

so the hallmark of Ti is an internally airtight logical system. Ti, like Fi, seeks out imperfections, but it doesn't necessarily ask whether or not the system is practical. it asks whether the system is best. in that sense, Ti and Fi are both idealistic, perfectionistic, and slightly self-absorbed functions. they are also subjective - Ti being subjective-objective and Fi being double subjective. it's for precisely the same reason - Ti and Fi don't use empirical measurements to check their own systems. they're internally valid, but their external validity is questionable. so all Ti morality is not going to be the same - so a Ti dom may argue what your friend did, but they may argue another point entirely if they're looking at the system in a different way - if they have different system ideals established in their minds.

incidentally, i'm with you about money not being used as a motivator because psychologically, extrinsic motivation has been shown again and again to be insufficient to maintain satisfaction and happiness levels for people completing a task. (Te) but i think it's kind of rough to suggest that you can always enjoy the job that you have... some people are not so lucky!

What is the difference between Ti and Fi+Te?

On the opposite side, what is the difference between Fi and Ti+Fe?

i can't speak as well to Ti+Fe, but Te+Fi is like combining efficiency and individual humanistic empathy. classic situation in my family: INTP dad is tinkering with the car to make sure everything is running at ideal levels before we embark on a family trip (Ti). unfortunately, it's already half an hour after we'd agreed to go, and it occurs to me that we're heading northwest and i'd rather not be driving into the sunset (Te). so i say, hey cmon dad, i'm sure it's fine, it ran well enough yesterday (Si/Te), and none of the dash indicators are showing anything weird (Te). i really appreciate you taking the time to look out for all of us (Fi), but we should hit the road (Te)! and then dad gets annoyed that i'm rushing him because if this and this belt isn't working right then such and such could happen because it's part of this belt system thingamabob (Ti) and we could get stuck in the middle of nowhere (Ne) and if i was that concerned about time why wasn't i out the door 30 minutes ago (Ti) and why didn't i let him know earlier (Fe) and etc etc etc.

to put it in ruler terms, let's say that Te and Ti both use an objective ruler. it doesn't change based on what you're measuring, like the F ruler does. but Te derives its units externally - it uses the length of an inchworm or the amount of time it takes a raindrop to hit the ground from the rainspout, or something. Ti, on the other hand, derives its units internally - it uses how long how long "long" feels to you, or how short "short" feels to you. so that's how you end up with subjective objectivity. everyone gets measured by your standards, but your measurement is consistent. whereas with Fi, everyone gets measured by your standards, but the measurement changes based on the person and situation. and that has both pros and cons... Ti is obviously much more neutral and consistent, but Fi is more adaptable - more "kind" in some ways because it can bend to meet the other person.

so to apply that to ethics, let's grab kant again. kant says that for something to be a Right action, you have to be comfortable with making it a universal law. speeding, for example. let's say you want to speed on the highway because your friend is having an awesome LAN party across town but you got stuck in an elevator and are running late. can you do it? well, only if speeding can always be right. me, i think most speed limits are stupid, so i say, let's go. but let's look at this from a Fi perspective: it's a rather different situation if your friend's having a baby in the backseat than if you're running late to a LAN party. maybe we should let you speed just this once. or Te: do the speed limits in this area even make sense? is it some superhighway marked 45, or is it a neighborhood marked 45? if the former, then it makes sense to go the speed that is most efficient without endangering others. but to look at both of those arguments from kant's perspective, they break logic at its most pure, and thereby break ethics at their most pure. what's the point of creating an ethical system at all if you're going to let it be broken all the time? it's inconsistent and irrational. the whole point of the categorical imperative is to make a system that will always be applicable.

not at all to suggest that every Ti user will share the kantian viewpoint, but i think it's a useful example. kant disliked utilitarianism because it was so situationally-dependent. that's exactly what Te and Fe are - they use the materials / situation that you've got and calculate the best system possible based off the external reality at the given time. whereas Ti calculates the best system, period.

Simply talking about ethics does not equate to the projection of ethics and simply talking about logic does not equate the projection of that either.

:yes: exactly.

your tone itself is so much more INTP to me. it may simply be that you are an INFP who falls close to the T boundary, but it makes me wonder, that shortnsweet also had her INTP radar go off.

so many of your bullet points i am quite sure also apply to my INTP dad and/or brother, as well, that i hesitate to jump to INFP. numbers 5 and 10 are the only ones that make me pause and wonder about INFP, in your list, otherwise i'd be diving straight for INTP.

anyway -

*I hate cliches and avoid them like the plague.

:laugh:!

*edit - i also want to point out that it's very, very NT to ask others to type you and then post your own typings later for comparison. :D

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
that's exactly what Te and Fe are - they use the materials / situation that you've got and calculate the best system possible based off the external reality at the given time. whereas Ti calculates the best system, period.

That's a good point and a good chance to clarify.

When I form moral conclusions they are almost always a blanket or sweeping universal statement which I then have to dampen with objective logic on a situational basis in order to prevent this universal belief of mine from going over board if that is a danger. A good example of my failing to do so being:

but i think it's kind of rough to suggest that you can always enjoy the job that you have... some people are not so lucky!

I prefer to form moral decrees that are sound enough to not have exceptions made to them down the road, but I've learned over time that that is a part of rationality.

If anything proves I'm not INTP it is that I do not strive to prove or disprove other theories or my own. If someone disagrees with me and provides an opposing argument I allow them to do so without rebuttle. I will only respond if someone has a misunderstanding of what my motivations are, beyond that I don't care much about others opinion of my own opinions. If someone provides non-subjective evidence for why I should change my opinion I am more willing to listen.
I also don't value clarity in the things I do and say unless someone misunderstands me or someone requests that I clarify. I know there may be INTPs out there who may serve as exceptions to this, but these behaviors seem to be pretty deeply rooted with the INTP cognition and I do not relate to them hardly at all.

Also if I were an INTP i would have inferior Fe (or I would have at some point). I can assure you I grew up with inferior Te as I have had to work hard to come to the understanding of logic and reality that I have now. I used to cloud my mind with delusions and fantasy; ignoring reality in order to accomplish that.

*edit - i also want to point out that it's very, very NT to ask others to type you and then post your own typings later for comparison. :D

yes but only stereotypically. that is sort of like saying that NF's are incapable of or do not approach things from a logically analytical basis which is entirely possible if they have developed Ti or Te.

This is why I do not support the Keirsey temperaments since they imply a greater difference between types such as NF and NT than there actually is. They do not accommodate the presence of people with developed and balanced T and F or N and S.
They also propagate typism and draw divides between types rather than draw people together. I support the use of the IP, IJ, EJ and EP dichotomies.

but that's a bit of a tangent I suppose :p

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Up until now my self analysis and typing has been based on conversations on teamspeak, test results and general growing knowledge of the functions and how to identify function usage in myself and people but I've never made a legitimate typing thread.

I don't want to make one at PerN though since all the people there know me well and I'd like to see the opinions of people who don't.

I am well aware of my cognitive patterns already and have been for a couple years now (save for the time when I thought I was enneatype 9 when I'm actually a 4) but I still want peoples opinions.

1. I have a strong devotion to many of my ideals while accepting the fact that they are often highly unrealistic and will not be implemented in our society anytime soon.

2. I value being an alternative thinker rather than just accepting the kind of ideas society plops in my lap.

3. I can be outgoing even in crowds but I used to be very drained by them in the past. This can still be a problem at times but with some caffeine or a good meal I have no issue being open to people regardless of what I may think of them initially. This is something I had to learn how to do.

4. My bedroom is my docking station and my source of privacy. I get very irrationally upset if someone infringes upon that privacy without my consent. An easy way to piss me off is to come into my room and leave the door open upon leaving.

5. I place very little value in money and the jobs I do must always allow me to contribute in a way that motivates me beyond receiving a paycheck. If not I have no motivation to do my job well nor acquire it in the first place.
I would have no issue paying thousands of dollars to seek a degree at a university only to quit during my 4th year if I felt like I really didn't want the degree anymore.

6. I form opinions about everyone I come into contact with before I fully analyze them. I have criteria about what I am willing to analyze to the fullest. The friends I hang out with are people who have gotten past my vast amount of criteria and I regard them more highly than I do anybody else.

7. I have always been highly interested in people and how they work. I have always had categories for different kinds of people even before studying typology. Typology replaced that very biased system of mine over time and my biases towards certain kinds of people were difficult to get rid of initially.

8. When at my worst I become closed off to external input and start projecting my past onto the present and future. This goes for people, ideas or events.

9. I can come up with a bazillion different ways a scenario can play out but I will inevitably pick one or two and stick to those as a basis for action unless proven wrong.

10. I spent a long time martyring myself for the sake of the people I cared about because I placed strong value in altruism. When I realized I was only seeking to make my friends feel better so that I in turn could feel better I eventually learned to be more selective about who I assist and I learned to place value in myself and self-preservation in general.

11. I hate cliches and avoid them like the plague.

12. I do not have a very strong inherent sense of identity and have always found myself asking the question "is this who I am?" with any behavior I portray. I have always been envious of others who seem to have a very strong inherent identity that they seem unable to deviate from. I do not however desire to have a cookie cutter personality or to be like everybody else as I value my creativity and seek to express it in any way possible.

13. I have been described as creepy more than once, but not ever on a serious basis.

14. There are very few decisions I make that I am unwilling to change. I am not entirely open to external influences (as in, others can not ever force me to change my mind) but I make sure to maintain the ability to change my mind about something whenever I need to if I choose to do so.

15. I have several items of memorabilia that I have concrete memories attached to. Most of those items are just random bullshit that would be worthless otherwise.

16. I try to not ignore objective logic for the sake of defending my values if the two conflict. I abhor ignorant behavior and I have a strong desire to not be an irrational person (with some exceptions.)

17. I frequently lose track of what I'm doing because I've drifted off into my own analysis. I forget to pay attention to what people are saying to me. My actions often go into auto pilot while I analyze something internally that is entirely unrelated to what I'm doing. I have often run into walls and swimming pools.

18. I selectively enjoy debate but I have never been a persuasive debater and my main goal is to passively influence others rather than force them to adopt an idea I endorse. My goal is to make people think, not obey.

19. I consistently feel detached from my senses (with the exception of sound) as if I am living and viewing myself from a third person perspective. I've never been able to enjoy getting high because it forces that connection between my senses and my cognition and I always freak out because I don't know how to handle it. I've never enjoyed heavy sensory stimulation either (with the exception of music.)

20. When alone I often talk out conversations that have not happened yet or I just talk by myself in general (only my portion of the conversation though). I find that this helps solidify my analysis rather than doing it all in my head.

21. I rarely try to actively manipulate the future, rather I try to respond to what I believe is going to happen. I predict what people are going to say while they're talking and i'm often 6 steps ahead of people during conversations with them. I have had to learn to not get ahead of myself during conversation so people can understand me.

I'm not sure what else to write but I'll add more later if I come up with something.

This applies to enneagram typing as well as JCF/MBTI (or whatever system you desire to use)

Selfcentered INFP

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
infp, you remind me of my girlfriend. If challenged you get disputatiously and your jokes aint funny. Usually a clear indicator for infp :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's a good point and a good chance to clarify.

When I form moral conclusions they are almost always a blanket or sweeping universal statement which I then have to dampen with objective logic on a situational basis in order to prevent this universal belief of mine from going over board if that is a danger. A good example of my failing to do so being:

I prefer to form moral decrees that are sound enough to not have exceptions made to them down the road, but I've learned over time that that is a part of rationality.

If anything proves I'm not INTP it is that I do not strive to prove or disprove other theories or my own. If someone disagrees with me and provides an opposing argument I allow them to do so without rebuttle. I will only respond if someone has a misunderstanding of what my motivations are, beyond that I don't care much about others opinion of my own opinions. If someone provides non-subjective evidence for why I should change my opinion I am more willing to listen.
I also don't value clarity in the things I do and say unless someone misunderstands me or someone requests that I clarify. I know there may be INTPs out there who may serve as exceptions to this, but these behaviors seem to be pretty deeply rooted with the INTP cognition and I do not relate to them hardly at all.

Also if I were an INTP i would have inferior Fe (or I would have at some point). I can assure you I grew up with inferior Te as I have had to work hard to come to the understanding of logic and reality that I have now. I used to cloud my mind with delusions and fantasy; ignoring reality in order to accomplish that.

yes but only stereotypically. that is sort of like saying that NF's are incapable of or do not approach things from a logically analytical basis which is entirely possible if they have developed Ti or Te.

This is why I do not support the Keirsey temperaments since they imply a greater difference between types such as NF and NT than there actually is. They do not accommodate the presence of people with developed and balanced T and F or N and S.
They also propagate typism and draw divides between types rather than draw people together. I support the use of the IP, IJ, EJ and EP dichotomies.

but that's a bit of a tangent I suppose :p

haha okay. well you've obviously already solidly decided on INFP. tbh i don't really agree with your analysis of what INTPs are and do, but i'm no INTP.

also the thing about typing threads was a joke, of course it's stereotypical... lol...
:shrug:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'll say that I got a strong INTP vibe off you immediately, and I'm pretty good at spotting the INTPs. But I also thought you were more tuned into the F stuff than most INTPs your age (which I assume is early 20s? pardon me if that's a faulty assumption).

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'll say that I got a strong INTP vibe off you immediately, and I'm pretty good at spotting the INTPs. But I also thought you were more tuned into the F stuff than most INTPs your age (which I assume is early 20s? pardon me if that's a faulty assumption).

21, so yes.

I think the way I type is far different than the way I talk though. I've never had someone on vent or teamspeak tell me I seemed INTP. ENFP, INFP or INFJ usually. (course, those are usually stereotype based conclusions on their part)

Also here are my most recent scores. They aren't exactly current though:

INFP

I-84% N-89% F-53% P-89%

4w5 sx/so

Extroversion 38%
Orderliness 44%
Emotional Stability 46%
Accommodation 54%
Inquisitiveness 62%

RLUAI