• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's my party and I'll MBTI if I want to.

Which type am I?

• INTP

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mirror mirror, upon the wall, Which type is the stiggiest(in this context my username is a proper adjective) of them all?

Primarily I could see myself as an INTP or INFP, as both profiles seem to encompass lots of various aspects of my personality, leaning more toward the INTP spectrum. I've been labeled as an ENTP and ISTP by different people as well though. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; You're my only hope.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know you all that well yet but I see no reason to doubt INTP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first thought is ENFP when I think of you, but certainly you know yourself much much better than I do :D Any NP seems feasible. (Sorry if that didn't help at all.)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are one of the most technical posters I've seen here (I enjoy them btw), so i discard primary Fi.
I personally find unlikely for both INTPs and ISTPs males to contemplate the possibility of being an F, as we barely acknowledge its existence.
I'm thinking, perhaps a lazy INFJ with strong Ti? :cheese:
ENTP is also a possibility. Do you really think you could be an extrovert?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I personally find unlikely for both INTPs and ISTPs males to contemplate the possibility of being an F, as we barely acknowledge its existence.

You've never seen a person near the border of F and T?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You've never seen a person near the border of F and T?

Imho, in that case the person wouldn't qualify as an INTP because, by definition, INTP implies T as the strongest and F as the weakest function. Perhaps wouldn't qualify to any mbti type at all.

Last edited:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
ENTP is also a possibility. Do you really think you could be an extrovert?

I've given that thought as well because I can act fairly extroverted amongst a group of people I feel familiarly comfortable with, yet despite that I still have an interaction threshold of sorts, in which I'll slowly feel drained and exhausted once this point in reached. Also, I don't have that stereotypical extroverted yearning for social interaction(In most cases I forget about others), and while I may enjoy it when it presents itself, I rarely ever am to one to initially seek it, and I'm fairly content with that.

What's making you vacillate between INTP and INFP?
I'm thinking, perhaps a lazy INFJ with strong Ti? :cheese:

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions? I don't really have personal code of values or morals that I'm attached to whatsoever. If anything, I view them simply as elastic principles, which can be broken if you deem it necessary. The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)" I also tend to and try to be very unassuming, as I hate the basis for most types of judgement.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imho, in that case the person wouldn't qualify as an INTP because, by definition, INTP implies T as the strongest and F as the weakest function. Perhaps wouldn't qualify to any mbti type at all.

... interesting...

So what, you're saying that "no type" is a legitimate type? Kind of defeats the purpose of using a 16-type system, doesn't it? Wouldn't that really be a 17-type system, with a discard box?

And where would the cutoff points even be? How "T" (or "F") does one have to be in comparison to other traits in order to still be legitimate, do you think?

I've given that thought as well because I can act fairly extroverted amongst a group of people I feel familiarly comfortable with, yet despite that I still have an interaction threshold of sorts, in which I'll slowly feel drained and exhausted once this point in reached. Also, I don't have that stereotypical extroverted yearning for social interaction(In most cases I forget about others), and while I may enjoy it when it presents itself, I rarely ever am to one to initially seek it, and I'm fairly content with that.

Yes, typically it's not the skill that matters, it's the need for recharge. By definition, extroverts feed off the interaction, introverts become exhausted by it no matter HOW good it feels and need time along to recharge. Many extroverts will kind of "roam" in order to find that stimulation with others or at least stimulaton from the external environment, or they get antsy.

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions? I don't really have personal code of values or morals that I'm attached to whatsoever. If anything, I view them simply as elastic principles, which can be broken if you deem it necessary. The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)"

F and T are rational systems; it's simply that F is dependent on either the self or the culture, whereas T is primarily dependent on natural laws. T tries to remove Self -- the observer -- as much as possible from the evaluative process, while F introduces the self into it.

Seeing F-style values as elastic or discardable -- more utilitarian -- is a T thing.

I have to say, realistically, we are all human beings. No one is all T or all F or any other sort of pairing... we're not 100% extremes but general clusters so that the patterns can be discerned, but it doesn't mean every detail matches up perfectly. T's do have morals, and F's can think rationally.

IOW, I think we confuse ourselves by focusing too much on small details rather than seeing the big picture.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Decided to retake this again. Surprisingly I always get labeled as INTP(isn't Ne/Ti function order for ENTP, whereas INTP is Ti/Ne?) despite being Ne dominant and having a more pronounced Fi.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************* (49)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (46)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (7.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.6)
average use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions?

Strong convictions, yes (although this appears to me to be true of Ti as well.) Genuine care for the welfare of others? Not necessarily.

I don't particularly like the words 'values' or 'morals' in connection to Fi either, because they've acquired way too much baggage from the way they're used. The way I see Fi, it checks for the integrity between external behaviors and an internally constructed standard, and validates or rejects, depending on what it finds.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a Ti dom from what I've seen of you. And from what I can see, that cognitive functions test takes the strengths of the tertiary and inferior functions into account as well when providing you with an MBTI type, which is probably why you got INTP instead of ENTP.

rav3n

IMO, you vibe irrefutably INTP.

Even when subjects are geared towards emotional decisions, it's with the detachment of an INTP.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
... interesting...

So what, you're saying that "no type" is a legitimate type? Kind of defeats the purpose of using a 16-type system, doesn't it? Wouldn't that really be a 17-type system, with a discard box?

Assuming my point is right, there are a lot of ''no type'' variations, some with Fe/Ti, some with Fi/Te, etc.

And where would the cutoff points even be? How "T" (or "F") does one have to be in comparison to other traits in order to still be legitimate, do you think?
I am kinda speculating here, but I think when someone is F or T dominant, there isn't much room for the inferior function to make someone borderline, as it is the weakest of the 4 functions.
However, when Tx/Fx is the 2nd function, Ty/Fy will be the 3rd function, making the weight of these much more aproximate, and I think that's where borderline T/F cases are more likely to happen.
I think the reason there are so little INFJs on tests is that there are many of them with a weaker Fe and a strong Ti and they end up being tested as either INTJ or INTP.
I should mention that some of these ideas were based on some of Adymus' posts on intpforum, the man is a real guru.
He talks about mbti limitations on these threads:
http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=7044
http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=9674

And Jennifer, I'm not sure if I'm right (sorry if I'm wrong) but you were born a boy right?
I think taking feminine hormones would make you more F, but I have no idea of how would this affect someone's mbti type.

Edit:By the way, it's not very beneficial fitting too well into a mbti type. Credits to Adymus on this quote:

I have been perusing the INFJ forum recently, and I have noticed a pattern that is all too common.

They will accuse me of being wrong, and then challenge me by making a claim.

I disagree with their claim, and counter their argument with my own.

They realize I have actually thought my argument through, shit their pants, then their poorly developed Ti squeals in fear, and then they flee.

So I thought to myself "Wow, they are so scared to death of their own Ti, that they are not even going to attempt to use it. Instead they just say "I don't want to argue with you, we'll never see eye to eye!" and storm off, even though they are the ones that started the argument in the first place."

That is actually pathetic for an INFJ, to have only strong use of your Ni and Fe, and nothing else. I got the thinking "So is this what people think of when they hear INFJ? Wow, no wonder everyone's perception of personality types is so screwed up."

That is when it hit me.

It is the test, as well as the descriptions. The test is technically only checking proficiency in your top two functions, and the descriptions are only describing a person that has proficient use of their top two function. That means that a person who has developed more than their Top two functions will more than likely test as something else, and they will contradict and not relate to the description.
So the people that take the test and have accurate results are most likely not a well developed model of their personality type, unless of course they know themselves very well. And the types that are actually well developed are being mistyped as something else. Which is why the INFJs that get mistyped as INTP are all strong Ti users, and are who I personally consider the "True" INFJs, as opposed to their weaker counter parts that you find on INFJf.

What this means, is that MBTI has created perceptions and understandings of personality types that is based solely on the most bottom of the barrel, undeveloped versions of these types. And I when I say "bottom of the barrel" I really mean it, having only proficient use of your two near side functions is terrible.

No really, think about this for a second, your only real understand of personality type is based only on a description of the most poorly developed personalities, and we are ascribing all personalities, including the well developed ones to these descriptions. Do you see now how terribly incompetent this system is?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions? I don't really have personal code of values or morals that I'm attached to whatsoever. If anything, I view them simply as elastic principles, which can be broken if you deem it necessary. The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)" I also tend to and try to be very unassuming, as I hate the basis for most types of judgement.

I think this idealism/ perfectionism you are talking about is more of a pursuit for logical consistency than some kind of harmony with your moral code, and that's Ti in action. You usually talk exploring multiple aspects, which smells like Ne.

INTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've given that thought as well because I can act fairly extroverted amongst a group of people I feel familiarly comfortable with,

Introverted.

yet despite that I still have an interaction threshold of sorts, in which I'll slowly feel drained and exhausted once this point in reached.

Introverted.

Also, I don't have that stereotypical extroverted yearning for social interaction(In most cases I forget about others), and while I may enjoy it when it presents itself, I rarely ever am to one to initially seek it, and I'm fairly content with that.

Introverted.

INTP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jenaphor said:
IMO, you vibe irrefutably INTP.

+1

The way I see Fi, it checks for the integrity between external behaviors and an internally constructed standard, and validates or rejects, depending on what it finds.

Ti too. just more with external systems than behaviors.

The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)" I also tend to and try to be very unassuming, as I hate the basis for most types of judgement.

yes, i very much think INTP.

i associate Ti with perfection of systems. it is a checker for internal integrity, just like Fi. Ti just works on a logical level whereas Fi works on a personal level.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Decided to retake this again. Surprisingly I always get labeled as INTP(isn't Ne/Ti function order for ENTP, whereas INTP is Ti/Ne?) despite being Ne dominant and having a more pronounced Fi.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************* (49)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (46)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (7.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.6)
average use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

This test automatically causes the function that matches an MBTI type to dominate. So even though Ne was your highest score, it chooses Ti as the strongest because there is no such thing as an introverted NeTi type.

But if your attitude is introverted, and yet your preference is for Ne, then this produces a rather unusual personality type which would require reading at least (and probably just) 2 type descriptions with none of them matching perfectly well. That just means you produce more variety in your approach to living, but there is also opportunity for internal conflict to arise.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
personally I think you're a Helvetica