• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's my party and I'll MBTI if I want to.

Which type am I?

• INTP

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You’re one of the funniest, wittiest posters on the forum. You could write professionally for comedy if you wanted.

You don’t quite remind me of other INTPs on the forum, although no two persons of a type are the same, obviously. I don’t mean to conflate MBTI with Socionics, but if you are INTP, then you’re likely a strong Ne subtype.

I’m going to wait and see how you answer luminous’ question, maybe that will give us some more to work with

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which function do you remember using to a large extent as a young child? Ne or Ti?

I've intentionally hesitated to answer this right away because I wanted time to properly ruminate over this question. It's hard to me to answer because I feel so disconnected from most of my memories. While I can recall childhood memories, most are fuzzy and seem as if I'm remembering them from a third person perspective as opposed to from the first person perspective -- I vaguely remember things, but can't remember how I thought or felt at that time.

Ne stands out as the most prominent: Insatiable curiosity and loved to ask "Why?" I also loved to sit around and daydream while pondering why things were or weren't a certain way, or why we could or couldn't do this, or how come it's this instead of that.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've intentionally hesitated to answer this right away because I wanted time to properly ruminate over this question. It's hard to me to answer because I feel so disconnected from most of my memories. While I can recall childhood memories, most are fuzzy and seem as if I'm remembering them from a third person perspective as opposed to from the first person perspective -- I vaguely remember things, but can't remember how I thought or felt at that time.

Ne stands out as the most prominent: Insatiable curiosity and loved to ask "Why?" I also loved to sit around and daydream while pondering why things were or weren't a certain way, or why we could or couldn't do this, or how come it's this instead of that.

This sounds like weak Si and was one of the puzzle pieces I used to construct my own Ne dom jigsaw.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've found a better method to typing. Give me a little time and I'll see what I can come up with.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've found a better method to typing. Give me a little time and I'll see what I can come up with.

Alright, everyone. Time for a brief intermission.

s-l300.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, everyone. Time for a brief intermission.

s-l300.jpg

*suddenly a member not part of this conversation runs first to take all the red vines*

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

* notices that snack cake looking at me seductively from across the room *

* I sit back, pretending not to notice yet begin to blush *

* The cupcake and I begin to share a deeply intimate moment in which no words are spoken*

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
* notices that snack cake looking at me seductively from across the room *

* I sit back, pretending not to notice yet begin to blush *

* The cupcake and I begin to share a deeply intimate moment in which no words are spoken*

<quietly backs out of the room, giving Stigmata some privacy>

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might as well join the party?

Someone suggested my tritype as 594, and from all the descriptions I've read that seems pretty accurate. I'm pretty convinced at this stage that I'm not an ENTP -- I think being So-dom could explain any inclination towards possibly seeming extroverted on the surface.

INFP? I feel like I struggle at times being too objective and detached to be Fi-dom.

ISTP? Hey, I like Top Gun and Rambo just as much as the next guy! I feel as if this one should go in the maybe pile.

INFJ? I could be aux-Fe, right? Righttttt?
giphy.gif

OK. I couldn't do that one with a straight face...

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could totally see INTP 594. And I think that's my so's, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Y'all got any more of those typings?

*bumping because I'm a narcissist*

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Changing my mind back to INTP 954 sp/so. :D

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
definitely an INTP, with strong Ne but still a distinctly IxxP temperament. i think we’re probably similar in that regard.

enneagram... probably still leaning 5w4 but with a very heavy 9 fix. 594 sp/so? although something seems slightly off about you being triple withdrawn but i don’t have a good alternative at the moment.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I may be going against the current, but your Ne is off the charts on Discord, both in voice chat and messages. You seem to access it before Ti.
Also, 594 INTPs are much more contained in communication and the most "INTPish". So I think I could see 594 ENTP instead.
Maybe I'm getting tricked by the environment on Discord.

(Please ignore my own reported typing for the purpose of this argument).

This is definitely an interesting take. Being a 5 over a 9 is something I hadn't considered in quite some time.