• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's my party and I'll MBTI if I want to.

Which type am I?

• INTP

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

rav3n

The cognitive functions tests like other online tests, are prone to interpretation of questions. They're also prone to preference, rather than cognitive function preference.

IMO, that's when you might want to revert back to dichotomy. Again my opinion, you're introverted, intuitive, thinking and perceiving. INTP.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shameless bump.

koTxfi4.png

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.9)
average use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

I'm having another type dilemma.

If going by function order, Ne has consistently resulted as my dominant function, yet I've never had a result as ENTP.

To a certain degree, I ideally do actively crave attention and social interaction (I tend to feed off of the energy and ideas of others -- that is, they'll say a particular word or phrase that I latch onto and run off into a tangent) yet I find the actuality of receiving said attention to feel very exposing and uncomfortable(I've thought lately that perhaps I'm a broke Extrovert). Also, I've noticed that when it comes to expressing ideas, I take an Ne/Ti approach -- that is, get the idea out (say it) then worry about corrections/adjustments/logical consistency. Often times I'll think of something, then immediately debunk it afterwards (whereas from what I've seen the stereotypical ENTP approach is to use Ti to try and mold the idea to fit what's derived from Ne). I find myself in constant search of novelty, even on the forum (I do not have the patience at all to post in threads that seem to become long-winded and meandering -- I'm going to say what I have to say in a few posts, then look for something new. I don't really care enough to force others to believe what I believe -- I'm OK with knowing someone is wrong and letting them dwell in that and go on about my business (this is more relevant to in-person), with a very high burn-out and boredom rate.

Plus I observe a few people on the forum who I would consider hardcore INTPs, and I can't help but see the glaring incongruence between them and myself -- My impression being that they seem to have that very Ben Stein-ish quality of coming across very tame and dry, with a somewhat clinical manner of speech (sorry anyone finds this description offensive).

The other side of the coin is despite having the idealized inclination towards socialization, I crash and burn very quickly and need to withdraw -- I also do very much welcome prolonged periods of isolation. Also, most ENTPs I have observed have this infectious sense of exuberance and enthusiasm towards things that I just don't tend to share unless I'm in a surrounding in which I feel very comfortable (and even then it's not nearly to the degree of which dominant Extroverts tend to do so), and even then I need to have periods in which I can withdraw, recuperate, and reengage.

Digital Lion

The other side of the coin is despite having the idealized inclination towards socialization, I crash and burn very quickly and need to withdraw -- I also do very much welcome prolonged periods of isolation. Also, most ENTPs I have observed have this infectious sense of exuberance and enthusiasm towards things that I just don't tend to share unless I'm in a surrounding in which I feel very comfortable (and even then it's not nearly to the degree of which dominant Extroverts tend to do so), and even then I need to have periods in which I can withdraw, recuperate, and reengage.

As someone who just a short while ago made the jump from INTJ to ENTJ and is constantly reconsidering my type, I relate to your dilemma. This might be helpful:

The more refined versions of Rationals include Fieldmarshals and Inventors. Both correlate to the Myers "Extrovert" letter in that they have something in common regarding their expressiveness towards the outside world. The problem is the E of ENTJ or an ENTP is quite different conceptually from the E as in ESFJ (Provider Guardian) even though some of the outside behavior aspects can be close.

The Fieldmarshall is not "extroverted" very much, and the Inventor is even less. Sure, both the Fieldmarshal and the Inventor can be "gregarious" or "not shy", in fact they can be sometimes overbearing. They are usually pretty friendly at parties and open to people to some extent. Although they don't have to be. Moreover, if Fieldmarshal is finding a particular person "boring" (and that can be in a few seconds) he quickly will find any excuse to exit the scene very quickly or rake the person over the coals, so to make sure that person realizes he is not considered worthy. So the Fieldmarshal is an "extrovert" with a purpose (they are pragmatic -- their sociability is often contingent). Sometimes that purpose can be very narrow, such that the common notion of "extrovert" is not well suited for the Fieldmarshal. Same is true with the Inventor. The Inventor often appears like an Artisan Promoter, always interested in having an "interesting" time. Only the difference is the Inventor is "looking" for new experiences, new ideas, or some way to promote his ideas, so those who don't help in this endeavor are quickly cast off. That is, the Inventor is an "extrovert" with an interest (outer-directed might be a better term), and that specific interest often being so narrow that the term "extrovert" is misleading. Although in casual acquaintance they appear to be "extroverted."

Keirsey Temperament Website

Speaking for myself, I can become de-energized and apathetic when my Extraverted Thinking doesn't get ample opportunity to engage and run shit; then, I fall back onto my Introverted Intuition which requires me to be disengaged and/or alone in order to function properly. Perhaps if your Extraverted Intuition isn't stimulated enough, you become bored, and want to withdraw into your Introverted Thinking which does its most efficient work when you're able to completely live inside your head, removed from the distraction of other people, thereby creating the impression of being introverted.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

As someone who just a short while ago made the jump from INTJ to ENTJ and is constantly reconsidering my type, I relate to your dilemma. This might be helpful:

Keirsey Temperament Website

Speaking for myself, I can become de-energized and apathetic when my Extraverted Thinking doesn't get ample opportunity to engage and run shit; then, I fall back onto my Introverted Intuition which requires me to be disengaged and/or alone in order to function properly. Perhaps if your Extraverted Intuition isn't stimulated enough, you become bored, and want to withdraw into your Introverted Thinking which does its most efficient work when you're able to completely live inside your head, removed from the distraction of other people, thereby creating the impression of being introverted.

The Kiersey description sounds almost dead-on accurate as to how I navigate in social situations.

I appreciate your insights.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stiggy don't do this to us. You are one of the main stereotypical INTPs on this forum. Changing you type now will change give everyone who knows you on this forum a my-whole-life-has-been-a-lie feeling. You know it will fuck up with the MBTI reality.

It's like Starry and OrangeAppled start proclaiming they are Fe users and start judging people on the forum for not being nice for the sake of being nice.

You are a INTP. You constantly display INTP stereotypical behaviour and thinking patterns. ESPECIALLY THE NEGATIVE.

Yes I am kidding and and made that emotional plea to throw that ESPECIALLY THE NEGATIVE lame joke-poke at you. No one knows you better than you dude; and you know about MBTI enough to make a right call. Good luck.

Ps - INTP is what I think you are.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stiggy don't do this to us. You are one of the main stereotypical INTPs on this forum. Changing you type now will change give everyone who knows you on this forum a my-whole-life-has-been-a-lie feeling. You know it will fuck up with the MBTI reality.

* [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] to me upon changing type *

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Young Padawan read the whole post.

Yes I am kidding and and made that emotional plea to throw that ESPECIALLY THE NEGATIVE lame joke-poke at you. No one knows you better than you dude; and you know about MBTI enough to make a right call. Good luck.

Awesome video response though. I give you that.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Young Padawan read the whole post.

I did, and I have a response I want to post when I can gather my thoughts and get to a computer and off my phone. Given the first paragraph, I just saw that video as a very applicable reference.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
If you are an INTP, you are BY FAR the most perceptive INTP I've ever seen. There is a lot you pick up on that an INTP would completely miss and not even care about. You're also too feely for an INTP, imho. I think that side of you, while repressed, operates actively internally. I'm picking up on strong Sp 4 influences in the way you make light of heavy situations and I get the sense that there is much more to you than meets the eye. What I'm trying to say is that you don't match the image of INTP + 5 + Sp-first. I would expect much more detachment and not be able to pick up on what I'm sensing within you (which of course could be wrong, but I'd be surprised). I'm not calling you soft or sensitive, per say, but I don't think you're as detached as you seem.

For you, I think perception > judging, same with me. Ne doms often confuse themselves for introverts because intuition is such a private, internal process and yes, they do tire from too much time spent engaging (perhaps the senses fatigue).

I like ENxP Sp/Sx for you with heavy 4 and 5 influence. Now, there is a slight problem with this: You have high Ti and Fi, which are the PoLR functions for the opposite type, so an ENTP wouldn't have high Fi, and an ENFP wouldn't have high Ti. I tested high on Ti for ages because I misunderstood the function. I'm pretty concerned with knowledge and competency and am stubborn with what beliefs I subscribe to, even intellectually, but that's not Ti, that's just my 5 influencing me to want to be knowledgeable and competent. If I truly assess myself in an objective manner, I realize that I can easily believe in something and then a week later change my mind (from a logical perspective, like say the process of self-typing based on observable data). I can hop all over the place with how I categorize things I observe or reflect on, and most of my knowledge is actually about things I find useful to me or researched on a whim as opposed to expanding on an internal framework.

I probably explained that super shittily, but the point is that I think it's more likely you are a withdrawn cognitive extrovert. I basically test as a straight up NFP riding a line of introversion/extroversion, and I think you are similar and that comes from the Enneagram type and dominant instinct.

Alternately, assessing your use of Si could lead you to a final answer. Mine is notoriously weak, to the point where my ISFJ coworker basically has to be my mommy and make sure I don't forget about certain things and get things done. I use Si in some of my daily habits, but I loathe planning everything and sticking to a total routine, and closed-mindedness or old fashioned thinking are my top triggers, so to speak (inferior functioning). I don't really fall into Si tertiary temptation like an INFP would, who might enjoy watching a favorite movie over and over again. I would much rather explore opportunities for bettering my life by finding useful information, products, or making my home more comfortable with random creative decorating (I love moving my furniture seasonally to improve the flow of things). More often than not, I am lazy and seek novelty and knowledge online in a somewhat neurotic and impatient manner, which can feel introverted but really isn't when you think about it.

Too much rambling, be gone, Pete.
*throws smoke bomb at ground but malfunctions and has to retreat in shame with stiff nervous smile on face*

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
With that said, don't listen to me because you know yourself better, but there's my observations.

*runs away, trips and falls, crawls away awkwardly*

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION]

Very interesting to see such a different perspective versus everyone else saying I seem very INTP. I myself do notice distinct differences between how I come across and process thing versus others that come across as much more archetypal INTP (Magic Poriferana and Jonny are the two that jump out at me immediately).

I am indeed pretty perceptive when it comes to others: upon meeting people that seem interesting enough to devote every towards, I tend to study their mannerisms and idiosyncrasies, and try to figure gauge their motivations and who I think they are. However when it comes to overall senses not related to a context I have interest in, I pay no attention at all: I'm more than likely not going to notice at all if you changed your haircut or if you switched the furniture around. I kind of have developed a pattern in which I have to do mundane tasks in order not to forget about them.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
@StiggyPop (this is your name now), I recommend focusing on differentiating between Ti and Fi (your statement above about determining their motivations sounds rather NFP to me, but perhaps it applies to NTP too, I'm not sure). Once you know which one you use, look at Si and decide where that is.

I suck at mundane tasks and chores. This is where little routines help me. I'm not necessarily good at it though... I avoid and forget about many things.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh wow [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] those points are new to me. Never noticed them about him. HAVE YOU MET HIM? If you haven't and you made those points by just observing him how did I miss all those about him?

*Feeling insecure*

Like the name you gave him too. Stiggypop it is.

OP since you agree with the points she made I take back what I said. You are on your own buddy. A lonely who-the-fuck-am-i path awaits you.

Hmm.. maybe you are a INFP. Infp dudes often confused their type to be Ts of some sort. You know because F thingy isn't much appreciated among young male circles.

Also I've noticed that infp dudes are often attracted to highly theoretical subjects for their higher studies.

Also intelligent.

Maybe [MENTION=9627]Xann[/MENTION] can help you out.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're an INFP, [MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION]. Don't ask me to explain though, beyond just agreeing with Riva. Let's just say it's the sense of humor.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
At the risk of outing myself as a total forum stalker, I recall reading that at one point Qlip identified as an INTP. If you are unaware, he is an ENFP 4W5 Sp/Sx. I used to test as INTP a lot before it clicked with me what Ti actually is. I'm not trying to tell you how to ID, but I do like NFP for you.

Atomic Fiend

Stigs. Almost 7 years later and the only thing your certain about is your uncertainty. You continue to cycle through the possibility that you're another type, and will never be content with what answer you ultimately receive, ignoring your pedigree as one the longest running single typed people I've know across the forums I've had to look at your spaghetti eating japanese girl on. (I've winced every time I've had to look at it). You still appear to be INTP to me. In fact you've also become fluffier with time. if that makes sense.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP

I think you're a cognitive extrovert.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's that time again for my semi-annual "am I an INTP or ENTP" angst session. If I truly am an INTP, I have nothing in common with any of you all and think most of you all are dryer than eating uncooked ramen noodles and saltine crackers without access to a beverage.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's that time again for my semi-annual "am I an INTP or ENTP" angst session. If I truly am an INTP, I have nothing in common with any of you all and think most of you all are dryer than eating uncooked ramen noodles and saltine crackers without access to a beverage.

Awwwww, but I like you and your sense of humor :puppy_dog_eyes:

... Also, you seem either like INFP or INTP to me :) probably because of my experience so far with both.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is your party. You're supposed to be the one crying, not me!
giphy.gif

I think you're an ISFJ. :D

Which function do you remember using to a large extent as a young child? Ne or Ti?