• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Elfboy an S in disguise?

Is Elfboy S?

• You guys are crazy, Elfboy is ENFP as hell!

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Elfboy might be ENFP

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Elfboy is N, but not ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elfboy might be SJ

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Elfboy is definitely SJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elfboy might be SP

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Elfboy is definitely SP

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
it was an expensive restaurant, she didn't know I was gay and she was very attracted to me (based on how she would always lean towards me, touching her neck, trying to supress a giggle much of the time when I would talk and starring into my eyes)

Did you bother to tell her that you were taking her to a fancy restaurant?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you bother to tell her that you were taking her to a fancy restaurant?

yes. she even said, "oo that place is expensive" and I said "don't worry, I'll cover you"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes. she even said, "oo that place is expensive" and I said "don't worry, I'll cover you"

Okay in that situation, I personally, would have worn a skirt or dress and heels, et al.

I can see your point, if you told her you were taking her somewhere nice, if she liked you at all...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay in that situation, I personally, would have worn a skirt or dress and heels, et al.

I can see your point, if you told her you were taking her somewhere nice, if she liked you at all...

it was obvious she liked me during the date, but perhaps she really didn't like me before hand and realized "you know he's a nice guy" during the date. maybe she didn't like me because she was thought I was a stuck up snob, but she still thought I was hot (it wouldn't be the first person who disliked me but thought I was hot, seems to happen a lot for some reason lol)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I just see too many blantantly ENFP qualities in myself. like, getting a connection and being like "omg! I gotta tell everyone!" in my mind, that I used to basically speak in metaphors and analogies, and especially the fact that as a child I was constantly daydreaming and off in my own world and never wanted to play sports or do other more typical Sensor activities (I doubt it's likely an ESFP child would spend the whole day daydreaming about magically fairytale lands and other iconically NFP stuff)

Sure they would. Ne isn't what makes the fairytale lands - that's imagination and fantasy (which Jung makes clear exist separately from the functions). For example, let's say you're an ESFP. Let's also say that you are an HSP. So, you go outside to play sports, but you get an instantaneous reaction - hey, this doesn't feel good at all! I don't think I should be doing this! So you quit playing, and use imaginative visions and fantasy to make up for the physical activity that vexes you so greatly. That's Se looking out for you, by the way. Your nervous system, in that scenario, is so easily overloaded, that your brain acts instinctively to shut everything down so you can handle it. On the other hand, Ne is sort of stupid in these situations. You'd keep convincing yourself that maybe this time, it'll be different, and keep overloading yourself until you simply break down and get really sick.

Look at your Enneagram - you're an Sp leading instinct. That means that above all else, your gut reaction is to keep yourself safe. Se deals in gut reactions, for a large part. So while someone with an Sx leading instinct with Se might gravitate toward intensity of experience, your Sp leading instinct may incline Se to pull you from harm's way.

Of course, I'm not saying that's what your reality is at all. It's just a possibility.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
it was obvious she liked me during the date, but perhaps she really didn't like me before hand and realized "you know he's a nice guy" during the date. maybe she didn't like me because she was thought I was a stuck up snob, but she still thought I was hot (it wouldn't be the first person who disliked me but thought I was hot, seems to happen a lot for some reason lol)

The negative tone of these hypotheticals also provides evidence against being an Ne dom.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure they would. Ne isn't what makes the fairytale lands - that's imagination and fantasy (which Jung makes clear exist separately from the functions). For example, let's say you're an ESFP. Let's also say that you are an HSP. So, you go outside to play sports, but you get an instantaneous reaction - hey, this doesn't feel good at all! I don't think I should be doing this! So you quit playing, and use imaginative visions and fantasy to make up for the physical activity that vexes you so greatly. That's Se looking out for you, by the way. Your nervous system, in that scenario, is so easily overloaded, that your brain acts instinctively to shut everything down so you can handle it. On the other hand, Ne is sort of stupid in these situations. You'd keep convincing yourself that maybe this time, it'll be different, and keep overloading yourself until you simply break down and get really sick.

Look at your Enneagram - you're an Sp leading instinct. That means that above all else, your gut reaction is to keep yourself safe. Se deals in gut reactions, for a large part. So while someone with an Sx leading instinct with Se might gravitate toward intensity of experience, your Sp leading instinct may incline Se to pull you from harm's way.

Of course, I'm not saying that's what your reality is at all. It's just a possibility.

in your example I was a cross between the SP HFP kid and the NP kid "the maybe it'll be different part" and the clumbsy stupidity when I actually did play sports. mostly though, I just thought they were boring and I'd rather talk to people about my ideas and their ideas.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
in your example I was a cross between the SP HFP kid and the NP kid "the maybe it'll be different part" and the clumbsy stupidity when I actually did play sports. mostly though, I just thought they were boring and I'd rather talk to people about my ideas and their ideas.

"Maybe it'll be different" is a self-motivating mantra, and not a statement of resigned defeat in these circumstances. Let's face it, as kids, few of us had much choice over whether or not we wanted to participate in physical activities.

Also, lettuce be cereal - no young child goes around wanting to talk to people about their ideas. They go around wanting to talk about something they saw, or something they heard, or something they made, or how great Mommy and Daddy are. Usually, abstract thought goes only so far as asking questions about things, especially asking why something is the way it is, or what something means. You usually can't type young kids beyond introversion and extraversion, because there's not enough data to separate what's temperament based, and what derives from other sources (like HSP, or a poor athlete becoming a star once she gets a proper set of glasses)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Maybe it'll be different" is a self-motivating mantra, and not a statement of resigned defeat in these circumstances. Let's face it, as kids, few of us had much choice over whether or not we wanted to participate in physical activities.

Also, lettuce be cereal - no young child goes around wanting to talk to people about their ideas. They go around wanting to talk about something they saw, or something they heard, or something they made, or how great Mommy and Daddy are. Usually, abstract thought goes only so far as asking questions about things, especially asking why something is the way it is, or what something means. You usually can't type young kids beyond introversion and extraversion, because there's not enough data to separate what's temperament based, and what derives from other sources (like HSP, or a poor athlete becoming a star once she gets a proper set of glasses)

I disagree with this. there is a clear difference between ESP children and IFP children and neither of them are anything like most ISJ children, I don't think you can type their entire type, but certainly E/I and J/P as well as probably their first function. I was sorta between an IFP child and an ENP child from what I remember

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if I am really Se/Ni instead of Ne/Si, it would probably be ISFP as opposed to ESFP. I still think I'm ENFP though :laugh:
do you also think NTJ is likely?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'd keep convincing yourself that maybe this time, it'll be different, and keep overloading yourself until you simply break down and get really sick
this actually happened about a month ago on a choir trip. we were playing soccer and kept going until I threw up. it wasn't the worst thing in the world though, a bunch of hot choir boyz took care of me afterword :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
SFJ men can be really wonderful...don't cry, Elfboy

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know weird SFJs. Allow me to introduce you to my boyfriends.

They're weird, but they're still Si and organized, and usually exquisitely clean. Loyal, loyal to a fault.

Usually they have kind of snobby standards like you do, too, seriously. It's just that all SFJs don't value the same thing. Like my ESFJ ex would laugh at your Mary Poppins manners, but he believes he's inherently superior in his ability to choose film, music, home decor, et al. He is pretty good at it, but sometimes it gets annoying.

But all types can get annoying.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know weird SFJs. Allow me to introduce you to my boyfriends.

They're weird, but they're still Si and organized, and usually exquisitely clean. Loyal, loyal to a fault.

Usually they have kind of snobby standards like you do, too, seriously. It's just that all SFJs don't value the same thing. Like my ESFJ ex would laugh at your Mary Poppins manners, but he believes he's inherently superior in his ability to choose film, music, home decor, et al. He is pretty good at it, but sometimes it gets annoying.

But all types can get annoying.

that's the trouble though, there is nothing organized or consistant about me. really it would be nice if there was :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
that's the trouble though, there is nothing organized or consistant about me. really it would be nice if there was :yes:

Are you aware of your Si at all as an NFP? Because you should have some resonance with it, I would think, even though you may be unconscious of because of your age.

Do you know what Si is? Can you tell me? Because I can explain it to you if you like.