• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extraversion or low levels of Introversion?

ENTP or INTP?

• ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

The_World_As_Will

So recently I've been confused over the Introversion/Extraversion attitudes within myself, I am not sure whether I am just a low introversion introvert, or maybe just a socially isolated ENTP. I am definitely an NTP, there isn't any doubt about that, but there is still a need to connect with people, though I don't have many friends, I'm not (at least physically) as out-going, though I can be, I'm not lethargic or anything, in fact no where near it. But I am definitely mentally active, always questioning etc. I can really relate to aspects in this thread about ENTPs and Isolation, but when I read ENTP profiles I don't really relate, some parts I can relate to but not the entirety, of course, a profile cannot accurately describe an individual, and i'm aware of that, but ENTP profiles to me just seem to cater to Extraverted Sensation, rather than Extroverted Intuition with Introverted thinking.

I've also been told that I have a well-developed Fe, and It lead me to think perhaps the ENTP thing may have some credibility, as i'm not that old, and the inferior function seems to take a while to really develop (though only in periods of stress, yes I know it can come out). I think that maybe good predictor of which type I am, or just a well-developed INTP? I'd like to hear thoughts on it.

If the below helps, here was a video I made asking TypeC members questions in the Video Challenge thread, and the energy that you witness there is pretty typical, though with friends, it's maybe a bit more subdued but my thinking and responses are very rapid, and maybe it's delusional of me but I often expect people to respond as rapidly as I would, to things but I've slowly learned that such an expectation leads to disappointment.

anyhow, Thoughts are very much appreciated, I'm really trying to figure out this issue, at the moment i've settled on just being a low-level (of introversion) Introvert, but idk? ah cannot choose *eternal face of confusion*

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do think you are an INTP (or possibly INFP). NP for sure, INTP most likely. It's not unusual for INTP to identify with some ENTP stuff, especially if the auxilary Ne is strong. I do see you as an introvert, but a somewhat more energetic one, which may in part be due to the SX variant.

ENTP profiles to me just seem to cater to Extraverted Sensation, rather than Extroverted Intuition with Introverted thinking.

How so?

The_World_As_Will

I do think you are an INTP (or possibly INFP). NP for sure, INTP most likely. It's not unusual for INTP to identify with some ENTP stuff, especially if the auxilary Ne is strong. I do see you as an introvert, but a somewhat more energetic one, which may in part be due to the SX variant.

Hmm perhaps so, nah certainly not an INFP, though I think sx 5's can appear like one, :p i'm really not, I think you are correct in that the introversion maybe a bit diminished due to the sx-instinct, but I am always a bit skeptical, how can I ever be sure if it's just low levels of introversion (and perhaps a bit of disbelief in 'energetic introverts', or just slightly expressed extroversion, but still idk.

though these are just traits, a few profiles i've read have echoed the same (well except one from the PersonalityPage website)

"ENTP
risk taker, easy going, outgoing, social, open, rule breaker, thrill seeker, life of the party, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, appreciates strangeness, disorganized, adventurous, talented at presentation, aggressive, attention seeking, experience junky, insensitive, adaptable, not easily offended, messy, carefree, dangerous, fearless, careless, emotionally stable, spontaneous, improviser, always joking, player, wild and crazy, dominant, acts without thinking, not into organized religion, pro-weed legalization"

Noon

I think improv would have been useful, funnily.
Even now, though, you seem to pause and reflect a lot like an introvert.
(I actually have to write things down to not take so long to say them too)

But take my opinion with a grain of salt of course.

(Fitzgerald's style is really lovely, by the way. I love it!)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I mostly type 50/50 on dichotomy tests, literally evenly split on I/E.

Apparently ENxPs (in terms of function theory i.e. Ne doms) have this problem alot. Just throwing that out there.

However, my impression of you has been INTP. I don't know.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder if your "need to connect with people" is more related to your sx variant or something else rather than anything to do with extraversion. How would you describe your need to connect? Also, in what sense is your Fe well-developed?

From the video, you do appear to be NTP.

though these are just traits, a few profiles i've read have echoed the same (well except one from the PersonalityPage website)
"ENTP
risk taker, easy going, outgoing, social, open, rule breaker, thrill seeker, life of the party, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, appreciates strangeness, disorganized, adventurous, talented at presentation, aggressive, attention seeking, experience junky, insensitive, adaptable, not easily offended, messy, carefree, dangerous, fearless, careless, emotionally stable, spontaneous, improviser, always joking, player, wild and crazy, dominant, acts without thinking, not into organized religion, pro-weed legalization"

I thought the same thing (about this profile having some Se in there) when I read this. But the ExxP is also an explorer/adventurer so there's going to be some of that drive towards risks and experiences.

I also wonder about how what things you relate to about being an enneatype 5. Are there any things that you don't relate to in this description? http://www.enneagram.net/type5.html

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not unusual for INTP to identify with some ENTP stuff, especially if the auxilary Ne is strong.

This is true. Had a thread long ago asking about ENTP or INTP. If your Ne is strong (mine is), you can definitely come across as being ENTP and identify with part of the profile. I think Eric B referred to this as 'parent Ne'...not sure.

BTW, you come across an INTP with strong Ne. It's nice.

The_World_As_Will

I mostly type 50/50 on dichotomy tests, literally evenly split on I/E.

Apparently ENxPs (in terms of function theory i.e. Ne doms) have this problem alot. Just throwing that out there.

However, my impression of you has been INTP. I don't know.

Well IDK perhaps I'm just an ambivert, but I have scored higher E in the most recent months, but honestly i don't know, I would agree that Ne doms have difficulty with that.

I wonder if your "need to connect with people" is more related to your sx variant or something else rather than anything to do with extraversion. How would you describe your need to connect? Also, in what sense is your Fe well-developed?

From the video, you do appear to be NTP.

I thought the same thing (about this profile having some Se in there) when I read this. But the ExxP is also an explorer/adventurer so there's going to be some of that drive towards risks and experiences.

I also wonder about how what things you relate to about being an enneatype 5. Are there any things that you don't relate to in this description? http://www.enneagram.net/type5.html

I was thinking the same, the need to connect as an sx thing, but honestly for me it's quite split down t he middle, there is a need to connect, as in I want to *know* every aspect about a person, really penetrate to the heart of their being, and I feel connected to them and by proxy the world/humanity etc, but on the other hand, I get really energized when engaging with people, not just people but objects in general (mostly Ideas, knowledge in general), It makes me feel alive.

In regards to Fe, well I've personally seen it manifest in myself as a sort of communitarianism, first and foremost, whatever is occuring, whether it be an event etc, must be logical, sure we will have to go over the possibilities of the situation but that has to remain logical, but with that we cannot forget the human element of our analysis, that we are dealing with living, breathing people and they have plights and feelings and we have to respect (maybe even cater) to that. There is a real sense of 'collectively, we can do it' kind of thing, which sounds really hippie-like but :p I can admit to that. I've also been told by others, I appear really friendly, and i would find it odd for an INTP to come off that way, atleast immediately, as Fe is inferior.

for the five description, I can relate to most of it, but I dont' think i'm much of a knowledge hoarder, I mean that is certainly there, but i'm much more a seeker of possibilities, examining knowledge and trying to find 'truth', I dont' think I really hoard it to protect from the world, though I use to, I don't really notice it in myself anymore, or i'm just 'healthy' :shrug: but I really don't know.

This is true. Had a thread long ago asking about ENTP or INTP. If your Ne is strong (mine is), you can definitely come across as being ENTP and identify with part of the profile. I think Eric B referred to this as 'parent Ne'...not sure.

BTW, you come across an INTP with strong Ne. It's nice.

Can you provide me with that link?, I'd be interested to read it, and maybe that's just the issue having really strong Ne, it's difficult for me to know which one is in the lead, whether it be Ti or Ne, honestly I can't tell.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I really think that for those of us close to the dichotomy, and close in our dom/aux.. it is quite impossible to figure out the preference from outside observation. The impact of cognitive functions on social is only clear when the preference is strong. If not, only you will really know if your focus is more on inner thoughts, values, feelings vs events, material, and trends. I am totally struggling with the same issue, and each day I come across new info that leads me to believe the opposite of the day before. Ofcourse, having a big P-ness doesn't help =P

BTW, my gut feeling is INTP over ENTP, but I think another one of your preferences (T/F) might be very balanced as well. Or your a bit atypical from the patterns i observe with most INTP's.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
first difference is the NeTi of ENTP vs TiNe of INTP.

with NeTi the Ti is what is supporting Ne. lets say Ne gets an awesome idea(this could happen for example as a result of perceiving info from different sources and seeing a connection between them) of lets say an new kind of super computer that would revolutionize how computers work, in order to make a decision whether he should pursue on project to build this computer, he uses Ti to support this Ne idea. he uses Ti type of rational thinking if he should do it or not.

with TiNe its the Ne that is supporting the Ti. ill use an example of something that happened to me few days ago(in which im still in the middle of). i have been thinking how conscious thoughts form quite alot lately(from neurological point of view). few days ago as i was reading about this stuff for school, i stopped and started thinking, if this thing works like this and this thing works like this(and add quite many of these), it would be logical that consciousness would form from this(not going to reveal it yet as it needs further investigation :D). so now i had an hypothesis that is formed by Ti for how consciousness forms. and today as i watched an lecture about explicit and implicit memory i noticed an pattern between what i had thought before and how these two memory types work. this strengthened my hypothesis greatly, it was the Ne that was supporting my earlier hypothesis formed by Ti.

then there is the "rejection of tert". when you are in the sort of unpleasant situation that makes you want to(doesent have to mean that you will) reject it and go to a different direction. do you think its more of unpleasant feeling caused by Si or Fe? and do note that as Si is perceiving an subjective perception of the situation and comparing them to past subjective perceptions of situations, the past negative subjective perception can be caused by unpleasant Fe experience, but because you are comparing the current situation to that situation, its using your Si, not Fe.

this sort of rejection comes from tert function, so for INTP its the Si and ENTP the Fe. and it might be tricky to distinguish these from apart as they are both relatively unconscious functions for both INTP and ENTP. but the difference is that the ENTP will reject the situation because of the lack of Fe harmony(as an example) and rejecting what ever to maintain this Fe harmony, but the INTP will reject it because it just is unpleasant in every way(or so does the INTP perceive, it might not necessarily be even true, but the past is haunting and the subjective perception of it is that the situation is unpleasant), since in the Si are the Ti, Ne and Fe from the past similar situations.
an example how INTP could use Fe through Si in this situation. there is a group of people and something happened to the group dynamics that caused disharmony inside the group, inferior Fe of the INTP sees this and scares the shit out of the INTP. INTP goes home and fears that this situation is still the same(disharmony in the group) and is afraid to get back to the situation because he feel that the situation is still the same, when in reality other people of the group might have gotten over it and there is no disharmony in group anymore(other than what the INTP might cause with his behavior).
-> the rejection(or temptation for rejection) comes from the subjective perception of the situation(Si) as he is comparing it to the past(Si). and its irrational(doesent base on facts, but on perception).

ENTP on the other hand is more open to the fact that the situation might have changed(as his dom function is Pe), so he gets back on the situation, but tries to reject the things that caused this disharmony, so that he wont cause more disharmony for the group. and for ENTP to reject the group(or be tempted to) would need the fact that the group dynamics has changed and that he cant do anything to get the group harmony(Fe) back.

hope this helps even tho the tert example might be bit hard to put in another context

and you might like to read these:
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/p/#primaryFunction
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/a/ for aux
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/t/#tertium
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/i/#inferiorFunction

and for some further reading i suggest
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/i/ for individuation
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/o/#opposites
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/t/#transcendentFunction

The_World_As_Will

I really think that for those of us close to the dichotomy, and close in our dom/aux.. it is quite impossible to figure out the preference from outside observation. The impact of cognitive functions on social is only clear when the preference is strong. If not, only you will really know if your focus is more on inner thoughts, values, feelings vs events, material, and trends. I am totally struggling with the same issue, and each day I come across new info that leads me to believe the opposite of the day before. Ofcourse, having a big P-ness doesn't help =P

BTW, my gut feeling is INTP over ENTP, but I think another one of your preferences (T/F) might be very balanced as well. Or your a bit atypical from the patterns i observe with most INTP's.

lol! you know why :p

and i would agree, T/F are somewhat close, but T is a definitely dominate, :eek: shit, maybe I'm just un-type-able, but yeah I don't really relate to many INTPs as well. I think i'm stuck on this issue.

the difference is that the ENTP will reject the situation because of the lack of Fe harmony(as an example) and rejecting what ever to maintain this Fe harmony, but the INTP will reject it because it just is unpleasant in every way(or so does the INTP perceive, it might not necessarily be even true, but the past is haunting and the subjective perception of it is that the situation is unpleasant), since in the Si are the Ti, Ne and Fe from the past similar situations.
an example how INTP could use Fe through Si in this situation. there is a group of people and something happened to the group dynamics that caused disharmony inside the group, inferior Fe of the INTP sees this and scares the shit out of the INTP. INTP goes home and fears that this situation is still the same(disharmony in the group) and is afraid to get back to the situation because he feel that the situation is still the same, when in reality other people of the group might have gotten over it and there is no disharmony in group anymore(other than what the INTP might cause with his behavior).

-> the rejection(or temptation for rejection) comes from the subjective perception of the situation(Si) as he is comparing it to the past(Si). and its irrational(doesent base on facts, but on perception).

ENTP on the other hand is more open to the fact that the situation might have changed(as his dom function is Pe), so he gets back on the situation, but tries to reject the things that caused this disharmony, so that he wont cause more disharmony for the group. and for ENTP to reject the group(or be tempted to) would need the fact that the group dynamics has changed and that he cant do anything to get the group harmony(Fe) back.

hope this helps even tho the tert example might be bit hard to put in another context

and you might like to read these:
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/p/#primaryFunction
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/a/ for aux
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/t/#tertium
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/i/#inferiorFunction

and for some further reading i suggest
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/i/ for individuation
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/o/#opposites
http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/t/#transcendentFunction

Thanks for the links, I can relate significantly to what is in bold, Specifically, Fe's desire for social harmony in the group, I think it comes before Si, yes things change, and I can't avoid that, for example, if I were in a conflict with someone, I would retreat, because I would 'think' or feel, that there is a lack of harmony and that the situation is fucked, until it has been 'proven' to my Fe that 'hey everything is okay, it is safe to return and things can go back to normal'. gah, Wish I had more concrete examples, it is definitely difficult to figure out, and I'm familiar with the Jungian model, the original one, as well as the concept of individuation (I sort of taught myself the system originally from Jung's work and works by other Analysts, then went into the MBTI), but I should browse through the links again, though I am not exactly sure if they will really help.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking the same, the need to connect as an sx thing, but honestly for me it's quite split down t he middle, there is a need to connect, as in I want to *know* every aspect about a person, really penetrate to the heart of their being, and I feel connected to them and by proxy the world/humanity etc, but on the other hand, I get really energized when engaging with people, not just people but objects in general (mostly Ideas, knowledge in general), It makes me feel alive.

I'm inclined to think E if that is true...

for the five description, I can relate to most of it, but I dont' think i'm much of a knowledge hoarder, I mean that is certainly there, but i'm much more a seeker of possibilities, examining knowledge and trying to find 'truth', I dont' think I really hoard it to protect from the world, though I use to, I don't really notice it in myself anymore, or i'm just 'healthy' :shrug: but I really don't know.

But then if this is the only part of the five description that seems kind of off, I'm inclined to think slightly I.

In regards to Fe, well I've personally seen it manifest in myself as a sort of communitarianism, first and foremost, whatever is occuring, whether it be an event etc, must be logical, sure we will have to go over the possibilities of the situation but that has to remain logical, but with that we cannot forget the human element of our analysis, that we are dealing with living, breathing people and they have plights and feelings and we have to respect (maybe even cater) to that. There is a real sense of 'collectively, we can do it' kind of thing, which sounds really hippie-like but :p I can admit to that. I've also been told by others, I appear really friendly, and i would find it odd for an INTP to come off that way, atleast immediately, as Fe is inferior.

This looks like Ti and Fe working together pretty well. But as tertiary Fe emergence? I'm not sure.... seems a little too calm for that ;)

Have you been linked to these yet? They are pretty long but you can peek at them and get a sense of how the inferior function(s) show up in ENxPs and IxTPs.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/29055-form-inferior-enps.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/28987-form-inferior-itps.html

I don't mean to drown you with links though. I know how challenging this is to figure out.*

*Not that I ever fully figured this out for myself or anything :tongue:

The_World_As_Will

I'm inclined to think E if that is true...

But then if this is the only part of the five description that seems kind of off, I'm inclined to think slightly I.

This looks like Ti and Fe working together pretty well. But as tertiary Fe emergence? I'm not sure.... seems a little too calm for that ;)

:( Damn and I thought we were on to something here :D, but perhaps it maybe odd for the emergence of Fe, I added more about this below.

Have you been linked to these yet? They are pretty long but you can peek at them and get a sense of how the inferior function(s) show up in ENxPs and IxTPs.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/29055-form-inferior-enps.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/28987-form-inferior-itps.html

I don't mean to drown you with links though. I know how challenging this is to figure out.

no no, the links are perfectly fine, I really don't mind them, I read the first one so-far, and I really relate to this

"For ENTPs this comes out in a conviction that no one understands them or cares about them; they may become emotional and vulnerable in this state. ENFPs may demonstrate perverse logic and accuse others of not being rational, insisting that logic is the only acceptable criterion for making a decision.

In this condition, one ENTP describes feeling isolated, convinced that no one loves her or ever has. Another reports feeling hollow, turned off, �fixated on a narrow linear trap.� Another ENTP is plagued by an uncharacteristic emotionalism. �When things don�t go well, I resort to emotion to get my point across,"

I really relate to what is in-bold, and well I don't think that kind of emotionality is prominent in INTPs, and i don't think i'm THAT healthy of an INTP (if in fact i am one) to balance Ti and Fe so well, It would be odd, especially since Fe is so unconscious and well 'inferior', frankly i'm not that unique or some super-developed person.

A

Anew Leaf

Questionnaire for ENTP vs INTP:

1- Do you get bored easily?
A. Yes!
B. No!

A= ENTP
B= INTP

A

Anew Leaf

really in-between, I usually don't get bored easily, my mind usually takes the lead and I can laugh at random stuff or create scenarios in my hea.

Welcome to INTP-land. Here is your "care" package. Inside you will find your unique map of trails so you can go hiking without encountering anyone else walking their own personal trails. You will also find three packs of Wrigley gum, because let's face it, even INTPs need to have fresh breath. I hope you enjoy your tour of INTP land!

Continued questionnaire:

2- When you get bored do you:
A- Seek out other people for excitement, stir the pot between friends, start forum drama?
B- Hit up wikipedia for a tangent session of article reading about 20 topics you have never considered, thought of, or heard of before?

The_World_As_Will

Welcome to INTP-land. Here is your "care" package. Inside you will find your unique map of trails so you can go hiking without encountering anyone else walking their own personal trails. You will also find three packs of Wrigley gum, because let's face it, even INTPs need to have fresh breath. I hope you enjoy your tour of INTP land!

Continued questionnaire:

2- When you get bored do you:
A- Seek out other people for excitement, stir the pot between friends, start forum drama?
B- Hit up wikipedia for a tangent session of article reading about 20 topics you have never considered, thought of, or heard of before?

Want A but do B, people aren't interested in me, thus I make no friends. I think these choose A or B things are too limiting, both can really apply, which defeats the purpose of having it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the links, I can relate significantly to what is in bold, Specifically, Fe's desire for social harmony in the group, I think it comes before Si, yes things change, and I can't avoid that, for example, if I were in a conflict with someone, I would retreat, because I would 'think' or feel, that there is a lack of harmony and that the situation is fucked, until it has been 'proven' to my Fe that 'hey everything is okay, it is safe to return and things can go back to normal'. gah, Wish I had more concrete examples, it is definitely difficult to figure out, and I'm familiar with the Jungian model, the original one, as well as the concept of individuation (I sort of taught myself the system originally from Jung's work and works by other Analysts, then went into the MBTI), but I should browse through the links again, though I am not exactly sure if they will really help.

but theres the tricky part. you would retreat until it has been proven. doesent this mean that you would retreat first, then come back if it was proven that its safe for you? if so, this is exactly what i meant with rejecting it by Si, until proven different its your subjective perception that the situation is the same as before and comparing it to past, because it has not been proven different. proving it different(harmony established again) is proving that its safe for Fe -> Fe is not what is holding you back from the situation, its what says that now its safe to go back, because the perceptions of Si(that has been holding you back) is proven false.

you do know that what comes from inferior function can be more conscious than what comes from tert? especially if there is something bothering you with inferior at the moment or you have been in the situation where the inferior has been bothering you, but you have overcome it by individuation. i kinda get the feeling that you have been through something like this, thats why i posted the link for the individuation.

The process of individuation, consciously pursued, leads to the realization of the self as a psychic reality greater than the ego. Thus individuation is essentially different from the process of simply becoming conscious.

this sort of process for an INTP would bring out the Fe, and i kinda suspect that this might be the reason why you are baffled between ENTP and INTP.

The_World_As_Will

but theres the tricky part. you would retreat until it has been proven. doesent this mean that you would retreat first, then come back if it was proven that its safe for you? if so, this is exactly what i meant with rejecting it by Si, until proven different its your subjective perception that the situation is the same as before and comparing it to past, because it has not been proven different. proving it different(harmony established again) is proving that its safe for Fe -> Fe is not what is holding you back from the situation, its what says that now its safe to go back, because the perceptions of Si(that has been holding you back) is proven false.

you do know that what comes from inferior function can be more conscious than what comes from tert? especially if there is something bothering you with inferior at the moment or you have been in the situation where the inferior has been bothering you, but you have overcome it by individuation. i kinda get the feeling that you have been through something like this, thats why i posted the link for the individuation.

this sort of process for an INTP would bring out the Fe, and i kinda suspect that this might be the reason why you are baffled between ENTP and INTP.

Hmm, I think that might be the case, will read more into the individuation process, but I find it odd, that it would be the case, isn't the 'goal' of analytical psychology for the self to reach individuation, heh, I don't think i'm quite there yet, maybe in small bits? but idk, once again thanks for the reply :) I appreciate it immensely! As for the retreating thing, ah :| yeah it is very tricky, I think you are accurate though, but when initially reading it, a thought objected "but no i'm retreating because I felt I did something wrong, and that it will never change, as Tert > Infer. but maybe you are correct about Inferior being more conscious than Tertiary, the only thing i really can identifiy as distinctly Si, is nostalgia for old bits of music i've heard, and it'll bring back a memory (though usually VERY fragmented), or some type of Idealised time/place in history, but idk if that's tert Si or Inferior Si.