• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

bluebell is bored

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Not J because I procrastinate endlessly? ;)

Haha, more that you're one of the most open people I've spoken to. Not personally open, I mean, but open as in shying away from definites, and questioning quite a bit. In my experience, INTJs seem to be more comfortably with certainty, and certainty is their goal, whereas you seem very open and accepting, maybe even more comfortably, with uncertainties and shades of gray.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I think you're INTP. I don't see much evidence to the contrary. :D

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Bumping this because, well, the title says it all, really. And I want to distract myself.

INTP, ISTP and INTJ are still the most likely options.

The thread about the difference between INTPs and INTJs has confused me a little. According to that thread, I'm a bit J-ish. I don't think I have much Ni, but maybe I don't understand what Ni is.

I suspect I have good S, but I suspect not Se - more likely Si, I think. It's an effort to notice things in the world around me, even when they're pointed out. But again, it's possible I don't particularly understand Se well.

In the cognitive processes test, I tend to score highest in Ti, followed by Ne, Te and Ni, FWIW.

/random assortment of stuff that might be useful. Or not.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nothing would have ever made me question INTP on my own but since you have a thread n all I guess I gots to. What I would ask is what was your personality like when you were a child, you don’t have to answer and you may not know but the appearance of INTP may have been a way of avoiding confrontation for you as they're/we're generally laid back and unphased by things happening around them/us.

I seeeeeriously struggle to see you as INTJ based on how freely you write though.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Nothing would have ever made me question INTP on my own but since you have a thread n all I guess I gots to. What I would ask is what was your personality like when you were a child, you don’t have to answer and you may not know but the appearance of INTP may have been a way of avoiding confrontation for you as they're/we're generally laid back and unphased by things happening around them/us.

Hmm, I'm a little confused by this. Do you mean appearance or what's going on internally?

I seeeeeriously struggle to see you as INTJ based on how freely you write though.

This made me smile, given these two earlier responses:

When I first met you, I took your type for granted (INTP) but then I thought you were INTJ, even though you don't sound like a machine.

I don't see a lot of J in bluebell. I can see how her guardedness could come across as J.

Not sure if that means I'm a bit more open now than back then (I started this thread before you joined TypoC and INTPc, IIRC) or whether you're seeing something different to Edahn and Ivy. (they're both somewhat familiar with my posts etc on INTPc)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem like an INTP. Your posts have the clarity of thought I would expect from a Ti dominant, and you also think quite fluidly and express in an abstract way. I remember also some posts where you used that INTP wit based on language play. It was a thread about book titles for posters or something over at INTPc. I remember it because your posts contained the most clever wit of any of them.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
You seem like an INTP. Your posts have the clarity of thought I would expect from a Ti dominant, and you also think quite fluidly and express in an abstract way. I remember also some posts where you used that INTP wit based on language play. It was a thread about book titles for posters or something over at INTPc. I remember it because your posts contained the most clever wit of any of them.

Thanks toonia. :) I've been thinking I'm Ti-dominant, but then got confused about some J-ish tendencies I've noticed here and there.

Yeah, I remember that thread. It was 'Shortest books ever written by INTPc members' - that was fun. I tend to feel unwitty most of the time, though. It's a concious effort to switch it on. I often feel like I'm less playful than some of the stronger N's on INTPc.

Either INTP or INFJ.

Ya know, that's the first time NF has ever come up as a suggestion (if there's any doubt it's usually that I'm S not N or J not P). Can I ask what's behind that? I'm curious. I have noticed your posts resonate a lot with me, though, so maybe there's some similarity there.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if you also have strong Ni, and that's the reason for the INTJ suggestions. When someone is strongly introverted, I sometimes wonder if they develop more of the introverted versions of the functions. Since INTP is Ti-Ne, maybe you have that, but also strong Ni, so that you get some Ti-Ni blending as well?

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I wonder if you also have strong Ni, and that's the reason for the INTJ suggestions. When someone is strongly introverted, I sometimes wonder if they develop more of the introverted versions of the functions. Since INTP is Ti-Ne, maybe you have that, but also strong Ni, so that you get some Ti-Ni blending as well?

I think I have strong Si. Maybe. I have a really good memory for details if it's something that interests me (and many things interest me), in that I only have to hear it once or twice and it's there long term. I also remember stuff like shop opening hours for weekends, weekdays and the weird stuff that happens around Xmas time, again with no effort. So, I'm thinking Ti-Si?

tbh, I don't have a good handle on what Ni is. There are a few things that happen in my mind that feel Ni-ish (moments of deep meaning that permanently shift how I see the world or seeing what I need to do internally to change my inner world of me) but I'm not sure if I use it in day to day stuff. Ni is confusing...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, I'm a little confused by this. Do you mean appearance or what's going on internally?

Internally shutting down, externally appearing more laid back, a coping mechanism. The appearance of IanythingP would mean you'd be more willing to let things be and just blend into the background I'd suggest.

This made me smile, given these two earlier responses:

Not sure if that means I'm a bit more open now than back then (I started this thread before you joined TypoC and INTPc, IIRC) or whether you're seeing something different to Edahn and Ivy. (they're both somewhat familiar with my posts etc on INTPc)

Yeah, I did see them, kinda smiled myself, could be either scenario. You still have some guardedness but you reveal a lot more than I've witnessed your average INTJ give up and you have more softness about you, that isn’t a concrete reason to say you’re not one, I just struggle to see it, I struggle even more to see SP btw.

Great so let me summarise, we have you, questioning your type, being told by me, who can’t type herself, what you may be with references to two other people, who can’t seem to settle on and stay one type, suggesting something different. We’re screwed :D

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Internally shutting down, externally appearing more laid back, a coping mechanism. The appearance of IanythingP would mean you'd be more willing to let things be and just blend into the background I'd suggest.

Yeah, that sounds plausible. The one bit that I'm not clear on though, does appearing IXXP on the outside imply anything about what's going on inside? ie I'm not sure if you mean that I could appear INTPish because of the wanting to blend and hide in childhood and it's a habit that's stuck, but the core is something else? Or am I totally confused about this? (quite possible)

Yeah, I did see them, kinda smiled myself, could be either scenario. You still have some guardedness but you reveal a lot more than I've witnessed your average INTJ give up and you have more softness about you, that isn’t a concrete reason to say you’re not one, I just struggle to see it, I struggle even more to see SP btw.

Thanks for the feedback. *cogitates*

Great so let me summarise, we have you, questioning your type, being told by me, who can’t type herself, what you may be with references to two other people, who can’t seem to settle on and stay one type, suggesting something different. We’re screwed :D

:rofl1: Awesome. And you left out toonia. I think she's had some type confusion too in the past.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I suspect that there are some strong introverts who do exactly this, have good use of all 4 introverted functions, which makes them harder to type.

With your top four cognitive functions being Ti, Ne, Te, Ni (assuming the relative strengths are close) you may also be in a subset of NT's I've observed who can flip back and forth between Ti-Ne and Ni-Te depending on the situation (sort of like the way someone who is balanced can switch from right brain to left brain).

I think Trinity may be on the right track asking about your behaviour as a child, whichever functions showed up first are likely your defaults. Were the ideas you expressed outwardly logical or random? Te or Ne?

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
ESFP. Your random orgies and coked out parties clearly indicate a reckless and hedonistic lifestyle. Maybe if you weren't always shooting wild gazelles whilst HALO jumping into Middle Eastern territories, it would be harder to determine your type.

... or INTP

Duh.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I suspect that there are some strong introverts who do exactly this, have good use of all 4 introverted functions, which makes them harder to type.

With your top four cognitive functions being Ti, Ne, Te, Ni (assuming the relative strengths are close) you may also be in a subset of NT's I've observed who can flip back and forth between Ti-Ne and Ni-Te depending on the situation (sort of like the way someone who is balanced can switch from right brain to left brain).

That sounds plausible - I'll think about it for a bit and compare it to what's going on in my brain for a little while. Someone who's more familiar with me than you said something similar yesterday.

I don't know how much faith to put in those cognitive processes tests, though. I've seen results that don't gel at all with how the person comes across. I'm also not convinced I understand all of the questions or whether I should be comparing myself to others when answering.

I think Trinity may be on the right track asking about your behaviour as a child, whichever functions showed up first are likely your defaults. Were the ideas you expressed outwardly logical or random? Te or Ne?

It's a bit tricky for me to get much insight about typing myself by looking at childhood. I had to do a lot of stuff just to survive (literally) and it's hard to disentangle the survival behaviour from the intrinsic behaviour, external behaviour in particular. I do remember getting told off if I couldn't explain why I knew something. I tried to say as little as possible anywhere. But, I have a notebook from age 12 which seems to be more Ne than Te. I think.

ESFP. Your random orgies and coked out parties clearly indicate a reckless and hedonistic lifestyle. Maybe if you weren't always shooting wild gazelles whilst HALO jumping into Middle Eastern territories, it would be harder to determine your type.

:laugh: (pssst, that was supposed to be a secret)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's with all the INTP self-doubt?

INTP

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Boredom, combined with a need to distract myself last night plus realising I'm J-ish at times. The first two >> the third.

Not wanting to be an INTP is quite an INTP thing to do. We (they) don't like to be pigeon-holed.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Boredom, combined with a need to distract myself last night plus realising I'm J-ish at times. The first two >> the third.
Maybe just stage of life you're at?
Not wanting to be an INTP is quite an INTP thing to do. We (they) don't like to be pigeon-holed.
I've never had any doubt about my type. Maybe I'm just severely underdeveloped. ;)