• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, what type am I?

What type is YourLocalJesus?

• Total voters

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFP.
You seemed semi sure about the E.
Your smile doesn't look like T.
The fact that it has been 4 years since you created the account and until now you haven't decided about your type favored P over J. Also, you don't seem to have a Fe-dom face.
That left ESFP and ENFP. I considered unlikely for any NF to be a huge Sons of Anarchy fan, so i decided ESFP, even though I know you can find a representative of any type that enjoys it. Not very scientific but seems like a good guess. :blush:

Being methodical only gets you so far in understanding others. Doesn't your gut feeling tell you anything?
If you read the thread, it also said that I became a social outcast around age 14. I have a couple of ESFP friends...
Can't say I identify much with the entirety of their beings. The whole "Joey" thing just isn't me at all.
For one, i've always been really strong in theoretical pursuits.

It's good that you are bombarding me with weird conclusions, though. It's easier to pin down what I am if I know what I am not.

Nicodemus

You seem less boisterous on Vent than you do here. Is that how you are in your normal offline life, too?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem less boisterous on Vent than you do here. Is that how you are in your normal offline life, too?

I am not very boisterous, no. Most people I know think I am a very kind and thoughtful person most of the time.
Often when I am on here, I am in argumentative mode and some stuff that I say can be read in a myriad of ways.
It's harder to misunderstand me while talking directly, and often with voice. =)

Edit: I mean, i'm not like LOUD. I hate loud people, usually. They're infringing on my and others' personal space.
Just looked up the definition of "boisterous" and it does have one of the things I have. I apparently have that "animal exuberance".
It's not my words, I don't notice that. A lot of people have told me over the years.
Apparently I don't really need to say much, I radiate and affect people around me a lot. Apparently.
So if i'm in a bad mood the collective mood goes to shit, and if i'm happy everyone is happy.
Again, this is how I have had it described to me. I don't do this on purpose, and I am not sure if I like it or not.

Nicodemus

If you have pondered this for four years and are still not certain, then perhaps you are not any type. You could, of course, settle on one type because it describes you best, ENFP for instance, but what would you gain by that? Since it does not really capture how you are, it can hardly help you understand yourself or help others understand you better. I think N and P are a safe bet; E and F seem likely, but if you cannot decide, then you probably are a borderline case.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Think back to when you were a child, between the ages of 7 - 12 or so.

Then read this: ENP children

and then this: EFJ children

and even this: ETJ children

Which one resonates more? I found this contrast helpful when trying to decide if I was ENFP or INFP. It was quite evident I was an IFP child.

Links to all the kid's personality portraits are here: Typing Kids

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm guessing you won't like this, but nevertheless you come off as an ESTJ in a lot of your posts. Far, far from ENFP. I think it's very unlikely that you're any sort of N actually (based on your forum persona), and I hope that you aren't going to take that as an insult since coming from me it obviously isn't.

Now, I don't know you irl so maybe you're completely different there.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJ.

You know why.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The way his posts are (not) structured screams P or at least a lack of T(e/i) to me.

Admittedly there are few Te-doms on the site to compare with, but lots of TJs here don't have particularly structured posts. I'm not convinced "structured posts" is a clear sign of Te in any case.

My second choice would be ESFJ, if that makes a difference. Or perhaps ESxP.

Nicodemus

Admittedly there are few Te-doms on the site to compare with, but lots of TJs here don't have particularly structured posts. I'm not convinced "structured posts" is a clear sign of Te in any case.
It may work the other way around. I believe to have observed that whenever someone's posts strike me as remarkably ugly in structure, they belong to a P person.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think back to when you were a child, between the ages of 7 - 12 or so.

Then read this: ENP children

and then this: EFJ children

and even this: ETJ children

Which one resonates more? I found this contrast helpful when trying to decide if I was ENFP or INFP. It was quite evident I was an IFP child.

Links to all the kid's personality portraits are here: Typing Kids

I'm guessing you won't like this, but nevertheless you come off as an ESTJ in a lot of your posts. Far, far from ENFP. I think it's very unlikely that you're any sort of N actually (based on your forum persona), and I hope that you aren't going to take that as an insult since coming from me it obviously isn't.

Now, I don't know you irl so maybe you're completely different there.

I am going to forgive you, since you obviously do not know me well enough to know better.
There is no way in this world that I am an SJ.
Some of them can be awesome, but I know SJ types *well*.
We are nothing alike. Nill. In a group of SJs I stand out like a sore thumb.
I'm an eccentric nerd. Si is by far my worst function.

ENTJ.

You know why.

I know exactly why. Still, that 8 that I am quite sure of, it does a lot.
Pretty sure i'm not a TJ.

The way his posts are (not) structured screams P or at least a lack of T(e/i) to me.

It may work the other way around. I believe to have observed that whenever someone's posts strike me as remarkably ugly in structure, they belong to a P person.

Gee, thanks... Creepy village vampire ;)
What's with the obsession about structured posts, anyway?
That's taking it a lot further than just being a general Hitler when it comes to spelling ;)

The_World_As_Will

I'd say ENTP 8w7 or 7w8, with a high amount of Fe as tertiary, perhaps you use more of it would, or well it's expressed more, hence the initial ENFJ thing. but idk, just an honest guess on my part.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gah, i keep reading the thread title as "Oaky, what type am i?"
Must have Oaky on the brain.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say ENTP 8w7 or 7w8, with a high amount of Fe as tertiary, perhaps you use more of it would, or well it's expressed more, hence the initial ENFJ thing. but idk, just an honest guess on my part.

That's a great guess imo. I should add that his name choice smells like ENTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really know about your MBTI type. Tgough I don't feel you at all as a NP or SJ, I think you are either SP or NJ, potentially ESFP. Other than that, I have the strong intuition that you are a 8w9, some like Barry White (Sx/So) or Fidel Castro (Sp/So) resonate a lot with you, as well as Jacques Mesrine, who was a 8w9 Sx/So as well.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I could live with that, I suppose. Did resonate more than some of the stuff... :D

I don't really know about your MBTI type. Tgough I don't feel you at all as a NP or SJ, I think you are either SP or NJ, potentially ESFP. Other than that, I have the strong intuition that you are a 8w9, some like Barry White (Sx/So) or Fidel Castro (Sp/So) resonate a lot with you, as well as Jacques Mesrine, who was a 8w9 Sx/So as well.

Gavroche, no offense really, but you know I think your typing is godawful from the many times I have commented upon it.
Often I am not sure what world you are living in. It can be amusing, but oh-so-wrong. While I could be E, S, F and P individually... If you put them together, you get a certain type of people.
Ranging from Elvis to Joey Tribbiani (perhaps bad examples), and I am nothing of the sort.
See the entire picture here, not just letters in a type-as-many-people-as-possible-in-the-shortest-amount-of-time-possible-contest.
If you think about it, you know how i'd have to be to be an ESFP.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll mark traits I have in purple, and the other ones I do not in red and the ones that land somewhere in between in blue.

ENP Traits

They have a lot of energy
They're curious about everything, and seem to be always asking "Why?"
They have lots of ideas and love to talk about them
They always have several projects going on
They want to be original and interesting
They like to be leaders, and resist following
They're very social
They're very independent, and want to do things for themselves
They want to be the center of attention
They probably tend to be dramatic, and enjoy acting or performing
They're outspoken and energetic, and may interrupt frequently, or finish people's sentences for them

Potential Strengths

They're usually cheerful, optimistic, and fun to be around(I HOPE!)
They're enthusiastic and fearless
They believe that anything is possible
They have very good communication skills and a strong ability to persuade others to come around to their point of view
They usually have a good vocabulary, and can express themselves well in written and verbal form
They're very clever (I even have it in writing, as if there were any doubts)
They show an unusual understanding of people and situations for a child
They have good people skills and are usually well-liked (when I want to. The reason I became an outcast was that I became too popular and fell far.)

Potential Weaknesses

They frequently forget rules, or else they never knew them in the first place
They have a lot of projects going on at one time, and may be scattered
They frequently don't finish their projects
They're usually very messy, and dislike cleaning up
They tend to speak in a very loud voice without realizing it (I can be loud, but I hate loud people so I restrain myself)
They have difficulty making decisions, and often resist decisions (i'm pretty damn decisive in external matters)
They are often unaware of their physical environment
They may not take good care of themselves
They're not usually very aware of time or schedules(I've had this heavily ingrained in me, i'm always on time)
They don't like being controlled by others, and may be rebellious
They dislike being asked to do anything, and will often act very "put upon" by any request(alright, blue, what's up with that?)

NEXT, EFJ child!

EFJ Traits

Friendly and outgoing (Perhaps!)
Very sensitive and in tune with others' feelings
They become very upset by conflict
Upbeat and enthusiastic
They are perfectionists, and can be very hard on themselves
Enjoy people, and need a lot of interaction with others
Dislike being alone
They love to please people, and may go to great lengths for their approval
Big talkers
Show a desire to take care of others
They usually need a lot of physical affection
Enjoy being the center of attention
Thrive on praise, and can be crushed by criticism (depends on who gives it, entirely. The dislike and criticism from some people is sweeter than the ambrosia of the gods, and if you get it you know you've done something right.)

Active and energetic
They usually enjoy school (I did, until it became hell)
They're independent and want to do things for themselves
They prefer to lead rather than follow
They are decisive and authoritative

Potential Strengths

They have kind, sweet and open natures
They make friends easily, and are usually popular
They are structured and organized, although they may or may not be very neat
They are usually dependable and hard working
They are good at making plans and usually follow through on them
They will respect and follow rules if they are clearly defined and consistently enforced (Depends on if the rule makes sense to me or not)
They are usually well-mannered and well-behaved children, probably because they crave social approval (But I did not ask for permission if I wanted to do something).
They can read other people very well, and know how to get on their good sides
They are charming and fun (I hope, I try)

Potential Weaknesses

Their intense and passionate feelings make them hyper-sensitive
They're so interested in pleasing others that they might do things that they don't really want to do
They may be overly loud and exciteable
They want to please others so much that they will lie or exaggerate to say something that they think someone wants to hear
Cannot take criticism at all without becoming very upset
Can be controlling and manipulative
They may tend to make decisions too quickly, without understanding all of the facts
They tend to get in the middle of other people's problems
They need to talk a lot about their feelings in order to get them into perspective
They are uncomfortable with change and do not usually adapt well to new situations

NEXT, to the ETJ children.

ETJ Traits

Strongly opinionated and self-confident, they think that they're always right
Strong-willed and independent
Intelligent and capable
They're curious about everything, and are always asking "Why?"
Energetic and enthusiastic
Active and interested in physical sports
Unusually powerful and authoritative presence for a child
They're friendly and enjoy people
They prize competence and knowledge
Very honest and direct
Often unaware and uninterested in how others feel
They make decisions quickly and with authority
They may seem older than they are (at times)
They are very competitive (My own race)
Independent and self-sufficient, they prefer to lead than follow

Potential Strengths

They usually have a good amount of self-esteem that is not easily shaken (depends on who says what!)
ETJs are natural leaders
They're very logical and rational (at times, yeah, but I don't live it)
They tend to follow through on their projects (I have more started projects than I can count, and sure, many finished ones too... But that took effort).

They are naturally driven to put their ideas or projects into plans and structures
They are friendly and usually make friends easily
They respect and meet deadlines
They're usually very capable, and will completely master something that has interested them
They are good with money, and usually know how to make money (I'm bad with money but good at making it!)
They're able to take constructive criticism well, without feeling personally threatened

Potential Weaknesses

Their natural bluntness and honesty causes them to sometimes say hurtful things
They can be extremely dominating and controlling
They can have bad tempers, and get angry easily
They can be arrogant (although many people can misinterpret me as being arrogant until I explain why it looks like it)
Their need for structure and order makes it difficult for them to adapt to new situations
They can only see their own perspective, and don't recognize any one else's viewpoint as valid (I frequently change opinions because someone manages to convince me).
They make decisions very quickly, sometimes with no real data to go on
They don't understand the value of people's feelings, and need to learn compassion
They tend to be loud and aggressive, and may get into fights (I get into arguments, but only when I feel it's necessary. I don't like it.)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Weren't you an INTJ on here once?

The_World_As_Will

@YourLocalJesus- I'd still say ENTP 8w7 but with a maybe low P, since the time thing has been instilled in you, and maybe you have a developed use of Extraverted Thinking, it seems that you related to more of the ENP traits anyhow.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Weren't you an INTJ on here once?

Yeah, here's a list of what i've been:

- I came here as an ENFP (also during a period of being away from my home town, while working in norway)
- Then I turned ESTP when I stopped working in Norway
- After that I became an ENTJ
- Then INTJ during a bad period of my life where I withdrew from the world, being let down by friends I thought I could trust
- When I started feeling better I got more extroverted and thought I was ENTJ again
- Then when stuff continued improving and I became more and more F-oriented, turning into what looked like an ENFJ
- Now I have begun doubting that as well, and i'm not quite sure what to think. Last couple of weeks I have felt pretty much ENFP.

To be honest, I am happy within myself, by myself, for the first time since I was a little kid. I feel self-fulfilled, and people react different to me IRL, somehow.
I get sought out, smiled at by random people... It's almost freaky. I was like a lesser being for ten years in my hometown.
I've lived up so much, lately. It's hard to describe. It's like i've turned from a gray thorn bush into something with flowers and awesome lemonade.
Can't recall i've been this silly or touchy-feely ever before, either.
Sure, I have some dirt left on me, but i'm in an advanced stage of recovery.

@YourLocalJesus- I'd still say ENTP 8w7 but with a maybe low P, since the time thing has been instilled in you, and maybe you have a developed use of Extraverted Thinking, it seems that you related to more of the ENP traits anyhow.

Why am I a T?

Last edited: