• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my demon?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In MBTI and archetype terms, the demon(or shadow) appears as the very last function. The last 4 functions, including this demon function, often lays within our unconscious. They often lay out in ticks and cracks and may even be evident to others where the person him/herself can't see. In some cases, we meet our shadow/demon in our dreams. For many it often comes as something as a nightmare. This shadow/demon appears in our dreams to be the same gender as ourselves. And often times, the shadow can be interpreted as evil.

Why am I tracking my demon? I was thinking I could find my real ego self, and thus, maybe my type. I once had a nightmare where I was walking along my old neighborhood. Within moments within the dream, as I got closer to my old home, the scenery began getting dark like night time. Before I even got to the door to the house, I see a cloaked figure. The only thing you can see from this cloaked figure is his face and the dagger on his right hand. He was sort of smiling in a malevolent way. By that time, my ego self turned to use the key to open the door. One problem, I couldn't insert the key. When I found how useless it was, I turned around to the shadow figure to let out a loud roar as the dagger was about to get impaled in me.

One thing that I can easily see was that there ended up being a confrontation and power struggle with my demon. I was not aggressive until I felt cornered. At that point, there was no flight, there was only fight whether I was going to get stabbed or not. It was like I intended to survive and beat my shadow.

Now, the question, what is my demon function?