• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ISTJ or ESFP?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you look at that chart from the link? It's much easier to digest. Here's a like to just the chart so you don't have to search through all of the text. (If you're in the middle of something, then it's probably a phlegmatic blend).

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2120/screenshottkn.png

That's odd. What does it mean if, based on the chart, I'm Sanguine in Inclusion, Phlegmatic in Control, and Supine in Affection?

I don't mean to be interrupting the thread, but I need help typing me, and no one really seems to be visiting my thread. :p Of course, I haven't checked it today, but the last time I did (yesterday) no one else new had.

Sunny Ghost

After the original post, my first thought was ISTP.

But, I could very well be wrong. I agree that the more you introvert, the more you over think.

Your description just sort of reminds me of a couple of ISTP's I know of.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
After the original post, my first thought was ISTP.

But, I could very well be wrong. I agree that the more you introvert, the more you over think.

Your description just sort of reminds me of a couple of ISTP's I know of.

I could see it... but then not... my brother is an ISTP and there's no way we are the same type. I also don't know what Ti is, which would be odd for a Ti dominant. Maybe I will just go back to ISFP. I still haven't made that video, no way my face is going on the internet so I'm going to do sound only! lol

Sunny Ghost

Try telling us about... maybe hobbies you enjoy, or your quirks, or subjects you enjoy?

What is it about yourself that makes you think ISTJ, and why ESFP?

ISTJ is your traditionalist, your guardians... lead by past experiences and known and tried experiences of others.

ESFP's are you performers. Impulse is first and foremost.

ISFP are your artists. Feelers first and foremost.

ISTP's are your mechanics. Ti likes to break things down like puzzles and reconfigure.

Sunny Ghost

Maybe this will help as well: what sorts of characters in your favorite movies, books, etc. are you attracted to? I sometimes feel as though this can be a bit telling. But not always.

Have you tried any online test to access? What were the results?

Do you see yourself as quieter and more introverted or louder and more extroverted?

Do you see yourself as more of an impulsive and spontaneous perceiver, using feeling and thinking internally, or a judger that's executive in thought and action by using feeling and thinking extrovertedly.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Thanks!

hobbies you enjoy, or your quirks, or subjects you enjoy?

I read things, both online (mostly) and on paper. It's the only thing I do and I don't enjoy it, but then again, I don't really enjoy anything. I like to sleep. I guess that's an introvert thing...

What is it about yourself that makes you think ISTJ, and why ESFP?

I have dissonance between Fi and Te, and these are the only two S types with Fi and Te as the two middle functions.

ISTJ is your traditionalist, your guardians... lead by past experiences and known and tried experiences of others.

ESFP's are you performers. Impulse is first and foremost.

ISTP's are your mechanics. Ti likes to break things down like puzzles and reconfigure.

I don't rely on past experiences because I don't really remember them all that well, and I don't learn by doing so experience has little value to me. I'm not impulsive. I'm emotionally unstable. I like logic puzzles but that's probably due to training rather than functional order.

what sorts of characters in your favorite movies, books, etc. are you attracted to?

I'm not 'attracted' to them, but I like characters that stay true to themselves, those that recognize that the biggest price to pay is not that of your life, but of selling your soul. I also like characters that are able to maneuver around difficult situations.

Have you tried any online test to access? What were the results?

I've tried a lot of tests, lol...the results are all over the place.

Do you see yourself as quieter and more introverted or louder and more extroverted?

I'm in between.

Do you see yourself as more of an impulsive and spontaneous perceiver, using feeling and thinking internally, or a judger that's executive in thought and action by using feeling and thinking extrovertedly.

I'm not impulsive, but I am spontaneous. I think of things really quickly but I double check before doing, which stops me from being impulsive. I have about equal Ji and Je, obviously of opposite T/F.

---------

I'm in between directive (ST/NJ) and informative (SF/NP), which makes sense because I have both Ji and Je

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Yep... you're sounding more and more ISP. (Unless you have Ne instead of Se. I haven't seen much of a distinction between S/N.)

Are you more interested in what people think or what they feel? Would you say you are more people-oriented or task-oriented?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Yep... you're sounding more and more ISP. (Unless you have Ne instead of Se. I haven't seen much of a distinction between S/N.)

Are you more interested in what people think or what they feel? Would you say you are more people-oriented or task-oriented?

I can't differentiate between S/N here because Se doesn't show up over the internet, apparently. But I'm pretty sure I prefer it to Ne.

What people think, probably. I want to know their views on things and I want to see their new perspectives, insights, etc. Very people-oriented though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My ISFP wife is no kind of artist. And even before I met her I questioned the idea of equating ISFP with "artist." Some of them are artists. But other personality types are artists too. Some ISFPs appear to just appreciate natural beauty, as with the rainbow guy video I posted here a few days ago. I agree that feeling comes first as a function of cognition. But this does not equate with appreciating art, "feeling" itself is more likely equated with people - identifying with one's tribe or with another person.

These are the quiet pillars of any social unit operating behind the scenes to keep the group alive. Where the ISTP is the mechanic type, the ISFP is into social mechanics.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I don't relate well to function or type descriptions

I don't relate well to type descriptions or function attitude descriptions. Is anyone else like this?

Types: I relate to a few of them ~30%, and the rest ~10-20%.

Function attitudes: I relate to Ti, Fi, Fe only. I recognize Te in other people but not at all in myself. I don't relate well to any perceiving functions. Descriptions from SPs and NPs of Se and Ne actually confuse me because they sound like everyone's thought patterns. It doesn't seem to me that there are other ways to think, but apparently there are.

Alternatively, does anyone seem to relate strongly to (almost) all functions/types?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I think that half your problem comes from the fact that most function descriptions are crap.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Descriptions from SPs and NPs of Se and Ne actually confuse me because they sound like everyone's thought patterns. It doesn't seem to me that there are other ways to think, but apparently there are.

Well, that definitely confirms EP. It can be hard to imagine going without your dominant function. You are probably also EXTP because if you can't recognize Te at all in yourself, you are probably not a Fi-Te type.

Your indecisiveness for Se and Ne is, like the above poster noted, due to most function descriptions being crap.

G

garbage

Regarding the descriptions.. it's a longshot that you haven't seen these before, but Lenore's got the best function descriptions I've seen:

http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/ExtravertedIntuition
http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/ExtravertedSensation

Might take a bit to digest and to fully "sink in."

not giving this too much careful thought at all right now, and this is but one perspective, but the difference between Ne and Se, to me, can somewhat be boiled down to the difference between "What if...?" and "It's obvious!"

The details are fuzzier than that, of course, but that might help determine an overall attitude.

:hi:

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
Regarding the descriptions.. it's a longshot that you haven't seen these before, but Lenore's got the best function descriptions I've seen:

not giving this too much careful thought at all right now, and this is but one perspective, but the difference between Ne and Se, to me, can somewhat be boiled down to the difference between "What if...?" and "It's obvious!"

The details are fuzzier than that, of course, but that might help determine an overall attitude.

Those are very interesting descriptions to read!

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Well, that definitely confirms EP. It can be hard to imagine going without your dominant function. You are probably also EXTP because if you can't recognize Te at all in yourself, you are probably not a Fi-Te type.

Your indecisiveness for Se and Ne is, like the above poster noted, due to most function descriptions being crap.

I agree. Right now I am 99% sure of EP and 90% sure of ETP. Indeed, most function descriptions seem either biased or useless.

Yeah, I've seen those before, but I agree they are good.

This is by no means definitive, but I don't usually describe things as "obvious" because:

(a) if I have a conviction that something is "obvious", I expect that another person will have a conviction in the opposite / a different direction; so, if I want to take my own opinion seriously, let alone have other people take my opinion seriously, I need to justify it with actual reasons. This is probably why I tend to be wary of claims that something is "self-evident".

(b) I think most things have counterpoints, and unless you can defend your "obvious" against those counterpoints, it should not be considered true at all (let alone "obvious").

On the other hand I often conclude things that are "obvious" to others. Like I will figure out how something works, and when I mention it, other people will be like "duh, that's obvious". As if they learned it (memorized it) at age 5 and it took me until 21 to figure it out (actually understand it).

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Fi/Te have beautifully evened out and learned to play nice, it is F/T balance paradise these days. Bump.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
You're a piece of shit dude.

Can you help type me?

Please state exactly which piece of fecal matter suits me best. I'm really trying to get typed here.

I really need your help. You're such a great judge of character and you've complimented me twice already, even going out of your way to leave a rep comment.