• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you help me ? *Long post*

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Yeah, you're definitely an INTx of some sort, and I'd know for certain judging by your last post, except I suck at deciphering whether or not you are using Ti/Fe or Te/Fi, sorry :(

Oh, you're probably better than me anyway. I should be able to make a decision !

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, you're definitely an INTx of some sort, and I'd know for certain judging by your last post, except I suck at deciphering whether or not you are using Ti/Fe or Te/Fi, sorry :(

I'm wondering, if you could decipher this, what would it tell you?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyway, you're either inTp or inTj. The inTp is the traditional MBTI type. The inTj is not found in the MBTI. This fact that not all possible combinations are represented in the MBTI can lead to all sorts of problems determining one's type in that system.

The inTj is like an INTP who seeks closure in his Dominant T, like an ESTJ or an ENTJ except internally, or introvertedly. Whereas the traditional INTP type seeks non-closure in his Dominant T.

I don't know which one fits you best, but if you're having a question that seems to have no answer in the MBTI, then your type must be one of the non-traditional ones such as inTj, Closure with a preference for Introverted Thinking.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram

It would just be interesting. What I've thought about my functions don't make sense with one of the types yet, but I'm still learning. I think I use Fi more than Fe but Ti more than Te as well and it technically, doesn't work.
I also use Si more than Se and Ne more than Ni (I guess).

I could be wrong about Fe/Fi because I lack social skills, therefore I may fail to use this function properly in reality while theorically using it... I don't know if it makes sense but I think that the way I act may not reflect truly the way I use my functions when I think.

Now I have to think about it a little more...

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, you're probably better than me anyway. I should be able to make a decision !

Still though, you're new to typology so it's a little more acceptable to be uncertain of which function is which. I've been studying the stuff for years now, I should know how to more accurately see the difference between Ti/Fe and Te/Fi.

It would show me whether he's truly INTP of INTJ.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Still though, you're new to typology so it's a little more acceptable to be uncertain of which function is which. I've been studying the stuff for years now, I should know how to more accurately see the difference between Ti/Fe and Te/Fi.

Honestly, I've been reading about it for quite some years, not all the time though, only when I became obsessed with it. I remember reading many blogs and websites, I'd have to admit that I had more trouble finding reliable sources though, but what I've accepted for now is that MBTI or socionics or enneagram or anything like this isn't so clearly defined, we kind of have to make compromises (accept that we may be wrong, accept the stereotypes as well and the fact that we'll never be truly sure) when we study ourselves/other people because there are so many things that are misleading and subjective when the object of a study is a human being.

Well, I do know people who are sure about their type, but they didn't think too much about it and didn't read a lot so they may be less likely to get confused. Or they just have distinct functions and no disorder. But many people seem to need time to think about it and sometimes keep changing their mind because, it's true, we use all of these functions, it's not that easy to know which one we use naturally and which one we developped more or less successfully.

PS : I'm a girl, but I don't mind being called a "he" even if it was a typo :p

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honestly, I've been reading about it for quite some years, not all the time though, only when I became obsessed with it. I remember reading many blogs and websites, I'd have to admit that I had more trouble finding reliable sources though, but what I've accepted for now is that MBTI or socionics or enneagram or anything like this isn't so clearly defined, we kind of have to make compromises (accept that we may be wrong, accept the stereotypes as well and the fact that we'll never be truly sure) when we study ourselves/other people because there are so many things that are misleading and subjective when the object of a study is a human being.

This is very true, I've encountered so many different sources that offer such different explanation that soon one can't really be certain of anything. Especially considering that people will always form their own subjective interpretations on the types and how to systamize them. Although that's not to say that there aren't those who can look at it objectively.

Well, I do know people who are sure about their type, but they didn't think too much about it and didn't read a lot so they may be less likely to get confused. Or they just have distinct functions and no disorder. But many people seem to need time to think about it and sometimes keep changing their mind because, it's true, we use all of these functions, it's not that easy to know which one we use naturally and which one we developped more or less successfully.

Indeed. I've seen some people who were basically walking stereotypes and many others who spent tons of time analyzing and introspecting to discover their true type. It makes me wonder sometimes if people are generally not adept at knowing themsleves, or if the systems are flawed to a certain degree. :thinking:

PS : I'm a girl, but I don't mind being called a "he" even if it was a typo :p

Whoops :blush: never would have guessed, although I'm no stranger to such occurences of mistaken gender identity as many people here have thought that I was a girl :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I should ask though, where do you derive morals from exactly? Are they based off of objectivity/consensus of a others or are they your own personal intepretation/opinion of morality?

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
I should ask though, where do you derive morals from exactly? Are they based off of objectivity/consensus of a others or are they your own personal intepretation/opinion of morality?

If I tell you that I try to make my own objective (well, it's probably not objective but I would prefer to be truly unbiased and form my own opinion but you know, I still have a culture behind me) opinion, does it really help ?

Whoops never would have guessed, although I'm no stranger to such occurences of mistaken gender identity as many people here have thought that I was a girl

I guess it has something to do with your avatar.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I tell you that I try to make my own objective (well, it's probably not objective but I would prefer to be truly unbiased and form my own opinion but you know, I still have a culture behind me) opinion, does it really help ?

Kind of, I mean once we know where you derive you system of logic and ethics from then it becomes possible to know your type. Although it's also possible that your view of ethics is strictly based in one of you T categories and not you F.

I guess it has something to do with your avatar.

Perhaps, although technically speaking my avatar is a boy ;)

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
It would just be interesting. What I've thought about my functions don't make sense with one of the types yet, but I'm still learning. I think I use Fi more than Fe but Ti more than Te as well and it technically, doesn't work.
I also use Si more than Se and Ne more than Ni (I guess).

I could be wrong about Fe/Fi because I lack social skills, therefore I may fail to use this function properly in reality while theorically using it... I don't know if it makes sense but I think that the way I act may not reflect truly the way I use my functions when I think.

Now I have to think about it a little more...

INTP is my guess. You probably won't detect Fe in yourself because it is your inferior function. (INTP functions go Ti Ne Si Fe.)

Also, in one of your other posts I got a lot of inferior Fe or Se... so I would support the INTx comment. To me, you vibe more as an INTJ, but the functions speak for themselves, so INTP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hi inconnue :)

you sound like an INTP to me. my dad and brother are both INTPs and you seem to share a lot of traits with them. also, your post really looks INTP, just the way that it's written. INTJs tend to write in short, terse bursts. your post is longer, as you yourself pointed out, and more uncertain. the INTPs that i know do not tend to be highly spontaneous or impulsive either - they are, after all, introverts and Judging-dominants, so that makes sense. you also sound 5w4 or 5w6.

i'll break a few things down that i see:

introvert
not an impulsive or spontaneous person
great self-control
“live in a bubble”
"too asocial”

Ti dominant
great self-control
use logic in order to say what people expect me to say or I use humour to make them feel better.
do find lots of people rather stupid when they do not meet my expectations [...] are too emotive and impulsive, are always changing their minds and turning life into drama, those who seem to be only responding to their body functions or those who follow blindly cultural customs.
I can’t guess what’s in people’s head
pretty good at working on my own and make my own decisions
idealistic ideas about the world
“think too much”
“ask myself too many questions and can’t act”
annoyingly intellectual and don’t respond emotionally
arrogant, somewhat rude and take things too literally (CLASSIC NTP)

judging-dominant
great self-control

perceiver
bedroom is a mess, I tend to be hoarder
always losing something
compulsive daydreamer, easily distracted, I procrastinate
I have poor spatial and temporal awarenes
I prefer essays (i've noticed Ne, P, and Ji can influence this)

intuitive/Ne/NT
compulsive daydreamer, easily distracted
metaphors (unusual ones sometimes, I do write poetry after all)
narcissistic, arrogant or egotist (NT...)
I recreate the world in my mind
make random theories and enjoy making up jokes or absurd logic
don't go past the theories, I can't use my knowledge apparently
efuse to wonder about life, take everything for granted
only responding to their body functions or those who follow blindly cultural customs
love debating, even with myself

yeah, i'm totally sold on you being INTP.

enneagram 5
lost in obsessions quite often
extreme in my attitude when something catches my interest
I don’t deal well with feelings
great self-control
pretty good at working on my own and make my own decisions
both an idealist and a realist (me too!)

Inconnue said:
I am sure I am an unhealthy kind of any type, being insecure, extremely nerdy, shy, inattentive and socially immature.

nah, you're sounding relatively on par for an INTP to me. we all have our issues, those are pretty typical INTP ones. :yes:

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Well, honestly, I've always considered myself to be more of an INTP (not function wise but when I read the general descriptions) even though the tests said otherwise (I think I score J sometimes because I am a planner but that's a consequence of anxiety), never agreed with people calling me an INTJ (mostly because of various tests or a stereotype of an arrogant and bossy character, I become that thing when people around me are incompetent but to be fair, most people do that under certain circumstances).

The functions confuse me a little but I can find explanations for the J/P confusion, because I ended up thinking that I was probably a Judger considering that they are planner, don't really like change and are not spontaneous. But, even though I can find similarities with INTJ, I feel definitely like a stereotype when I read about INTPs (am I so predictable ?).

And as for the S/N part... Well, my brother considers himself to be an ISTP (probable) and we are different yet similar sometimes but it would probably be unusual for a sensor to have Se as their weakest function. (Functions, somehow, makes more sense than E/I S/N F/T or P/J).

I somehow thought someone would say : you're an extrovert because you made a very long post (I'm rather talkative on the Internet or when I have something to say, it must be confusing). I've been typed as ISTJ before as well, but that's because I was an administrator.
Well, I also scored "melancholy" and ISTJ sometimes which would indicate that I am one, it would be great, they are organised, capable, logical, technically able to decorate a house without making it extremely ugly, hard worker and respectful of the laws. I know many people don't like them but it doesn't seem to be a dumb and boring type to me.
Well, anyway, I think there are good traits in any types (even though I may not like some of them), we couldn't build a society full or intuitive, I can just imagine the disaster.

both an idealist and a realist (me too!)

Well, I don't see why most people keep considering them as oppostie when there are so many people who are both. ^^

Happy Star Wars Day !