• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneatype Me!

Lysethe

Info from my MBTI type thread.

I am very contemplative, analytical, and perfectionistic. I'm not openly competitive, but I hate losing. I can be vocally and stubbornly opinionated, though I also have a tendency to let others think for me. I'm fairly impatient and prone to flash-like tantrums (after the problem is solved, I tend to feel bad for erupting). I'm not that good with doing what I'm told, especially if it doesn't make sense to me. I do what I can to preserve a sense of autonomy in my life. I like being in a position to influence/direct others' behavior, but I'm not fond of responsibility. In general, I prefer people who listen to what I say rather than always talking back or resisting. I would say I'm more consequence-oriented than right/wrong-oriented.

As a child, I was very loud and tended to bounce off the walls. I'm still pretty bouncy sometimes, though my energy levels vary. I need to be constantly doing something, but that 'something' is more likely to be reading, drawing, or surfing the Net than actual physical activity. I generally prepare for outings by bringing books or notebooks so I don't get stuck with nothing to do. I enjoy roleplaying online; make-believe is fun, whatever medium it's in. I'm pretty social in my own way, though I prefer to be the focus of attention.

I'm pretty affectionate if I feel comfortable enough around someone and am sure they won't react badly. I prefer people to whom I can communicate my feelings toward them without scaring them off. I'm also physically affectionate, though more so on the internet.

I hate chores and housework. I'm not fond of "work before play", either. Let me play to my heart's content, and then I might consider working. This doesn't end very well when schoolwork is involved. I know I need to change that; it's just a matter of doing so.

I have a tendency to hold grudges; conversely, I tend to remember friends fondly. On the other hand, I'm horrible about keeping up with old friends. Thank goodness for Facebook. I'm pretty "out of sight, out of mind", both with friends and with my possessions. Speaking of friends and possessions... I'm extremely possessive and quite territorial. My criterion for "mine" tends to be whether I like him/her/it. I feel like I need to ease off on it; it should be OK if my friends have closer friends, or if girls flirt with the guy I like (and am not dating).

I am very creative and imaginative, and I always have been. I'm very inwardly-focused and physically unobservant; however, as a young child (<5), I used to give out directions with street names. This would suggest to me that I'm naturally quite observant, and that the inward focus is probably depression-related (this has been corroborated by a psychologist).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, this might not be right, but I think this may be your enneagram:

8w7 > 5w6cp > 4w3 sx/sp

Lysethe

Thus far, I have read 8, 5, 7, and 1.

I can see parts of myself in 7, but it doesn't reach out and grab me. 5 fits how I am now: secluded in my mental world and utterly oblivious to what happens around me. 1, I didn't give a ton of thought to.

8 is hit and miss. I'm not driven; I am horribly unmotivated. I don't meet problems head on; I bury my head in the sand and hope they go away. I'm not excessively pragmatic. What really, really resonates is the want to dominate; the need to appear strong and avoid vulnerability; the urge to resist perceived control; the want to be capable on my own; and being excessively annoyed by "weak" people. I'm also somewhat materialistic. If I'm not E8, it's in there somewhere. It can't not be. (Yay, double negatives!)

I'll read 6 and 9 and see what I think. 6 (counterphobic?) was suggested for me elsewhere.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I can see parts of myself in 7, but it doesn't reach out and grab me. 5 fits how I am now: secluded in my mental world and utterly oblivious to what happens around me. 1, I didn't give a ton of thought to.

8 is hit and miss. I'm not driven; I am horribly unmotivated. I don't meet problems head on; I bury my head in the sand and hope they go away. I'm not excessively pragmatic. What really, really resonates is the want to dominate; the need to appear strong and avoid vulnerability; the urge to resist perceived control; the want to be capable on my own; and being excessively annoyed by "weak" people. I'm also somewhat materialistic.

I'll read 6 and 9 and see what I think. 6 (counterphobic?) was suggested for me elsewhere.

Your description reminds me of a picture I saw a long time ago in one of these enneagram books at the heading of the Type 6 chapter: It was a baby in a suit of armor.

Also, type 6 is the hardest to type because they are so changeable.

Edit - and let's not forget "Sir-Not-Appearing-In-This-Film" in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/gems/sir-not-appearing-in-this-film.jpg

I know, I know, that has nothing to do with the chapter on Type 6s. :cheese:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Info from my MBTI type thread.

I am very contemplative, analytical, and perfectionistic. I'm not openly competitive, but I hate losing. I can be vocally and stubbornly opinionated, though I also have a tendency to let others think for me.

That's Type 6 on the face of it. It is at the center of the Head triad (for those into triads). Opinionated versus knowledgable, and willing to allow others to do the thinking. That IS the type 6.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Lysethe
Is that tritype or decreasing order of probability?

Tritype :)

Perhaps then 5w6 or 6w5 would fit better as the first type within your tritype?

8 is hit and miss. I'm not driven; I am horribly unmotivated. I don't meet problems head on; I bury my head in the sand and hope they go away. I'm not excessively pragmatic. What really, really resonates is the want to dominate; the need to appear strong and avoid vulnerability; the urge to resist perceived control; the want to be capable on my own; and being excessively annoyed by "weak" people. I'm also somewhat materialistic. If I'm not E8, it's in there somewhere. It can't not be. (Yay, double negatives!)

The will to dominate if anything is a strong indication of 8, as is everything that you mentioned after it. Although again, 8 is probably second or last in your tritype.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lysethe said:
I am very contemplative, analytical, and perfectionistic. I'm not openly competitive, but I hate losing. I can be vocally and stubbornly opinionated, though I also have a tendency to let others think for me. I'm fairly impatient and prone to flash-like tantrums (after the problem is solved, I tend to feel bad for erupting). I'm not that good with doing what I'm told, especially if it doesn't make sense to me. I do what I can to preserve a sense of autonomy in my life. I like being in a position to influence/direct others' behavior, but I'm not fond of responsibility. In general, I prefer people who listen to what I say rather than always talking back or resisting. I would say I'm more consequence-oriented than right/wrong-oriented.

[...] I need to be constantly doing something, but that 'something' is more likely to be reading, drawing, or surfing the Net than actual physical activity. I generally prepare for outings by bringing books or notebooks so I don't get stuck with nothing to do. I enjoy roleplaying online; make-believe is fun, whatever medium it's in. I'm pretty social in my own way, though I prefer to be the focus of attention.

I'm pretty affectionate if I feel comfortable enough around someone and am sure they won't react badly. I prefer people to whom I can communicate my feelings toward them without scaring them off. I'm also physically affectionate, though more so on the internet.

I hate chores and housework. I'm not fond of "work before play", either. Let me play to my heart's content, and then I might consider working. This doesn't end very well when schoolwork is involved. I know I need to change that; it's just a matter of doing so.

I have a tendency to hold grudges; conversely, I tend to remember friends fondly. On the other hand, I'm horrible about keeping up with old friends. Thank goodness for Facebook. I'm pretty "out of sight, out of mind", both with friends and with my possessions. Speaking of friends and possessions... I'm extremely possessive and quite territorial. My criterion for "mine" tends to be whether I like him/her/it. I feel like I need to ease off on it; it should be OK if my friends have closer friends, or if girls flirt with the guy I like (and am not dating).

I am very creative and imaginative, and I always have been. I'm very inwardly-focused and physically unobservant; however, as a young child (<5), I used to give out directions with street names. This would suggest to me that I'm naturally quite observant, and that the inward focus is probably depression-related (this has been corroborated by a psychologist).

i relate!!

:hifive:

6w5 sx/sp?

i just read your MBTI thread out of curiosity. my guess off the bat was ENTP, i'm surprised by FP, you come off TP to me. though if you're a head type and have sp in your stacking, that could do it. :yes:

oh, and as for physical observance. in case you turn out to be Ne dom too, i've found something really interesting. we are observant, it's just not always of external physical surroundings. i was figuring out street shortcuts when i was 6, but i lose my keys on a regular basis, lol.

Lysethe

I'll address the entire post eventually; but for the moment, I am curious about this:

skylights said:
i just read your MBTI thread out of curiosity. my guess off the bat was ENTP, i'm surprised by FP, you come off TP to me. though if you're a head type and have sp in your stacking, that could do it. :yes:

Why TP?

Lysethe

OK.

Perhaps then 5w6 or 6w5 would fit better as the first type within your tritype?

6 > 5, methinks.

The will to dominate if anything is a strong indication of 8, as is everything that you mentioned after it. Although again, 8 is probably second or last in your tritype.

Second seems likely.

Ironically, I usually test highest in 4, followed by 6 and 9.

6w5 sx/sp?

I'm guessing sp > sx. What makes you say sx/sp?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6 > 5, methinks.

If you think 6 fits better than 5, then 6 it is :yes: although for clarification, you do understand the core differences between 6 and 5, I presume?

Second seems likely.

OK :)

Ironically, I usually test highest in 4, followed by 6 and 9.

I'd be skeptical of test results, I mean it may be an indication that 4, 6, nand 9, are part of you type, but not always. Like recenty I discovered I am 1w9, yet I never get 1 on tests that often.

So maybe instead of 8w7 > 5w6cp > 4w3 sx/sp, your tritype is really:

4w3 > 8w7 (or 8w9) > cp6w5 sx/sp (or sp/sx)

Lysethe

If you think 6 fits better than 5, then 6 it is :yes: although for clarification, you do understand the core differences between 6 and 5, I presume?

Knowledge-seeking versus Security-seeking, correct?

I'd be skeptical of test results, I mean it may be an indication that 4, 6, nand 9, are part of you type, but not always. Like recenty I discovered I am 1w9, yet I never get 1 on tests that often.

So maybe instead of 8w7 > 5w6cp > 4w3 sx/sp, your tritype is really:

4w3 > 8w7 (or 8w9) > cp6w5 sx/sp (or sp/sx)

Yeah. I was stuck between 6 and 4 but ultimately decided on 6. I suppose I could look again.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Knowledge-seeking versus Security-seeking, correct?

Indeed :yes:

Yeah. I was stuck between 6 and 4 but ultimately decided on 6. I suppose I could look again.

Well, it's also possible that I could be wrong and you are primarily 6, but the ultimately you have to be the one who decides what you, since no one truly knows you better than yourself :)

Lysethe

I'll have to mull them over. I like knowing crap, but I also can be the uber-paranoid sort who may double and triple check stuff. One of the things about E6 that fit was the authority issue.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, I think for heart triad, you're probably 3w4. Gut, 8w9 or 9w8, and head 6w5 or 6w7, probably 6w7, you seem more like the kind of person who wants to security to have fun and relax. As for the order, I'm still not sure.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm now strongly thinking that you're a counter phobic 6. I saw Kick Ass and thought "omg! it's Savage Idealist in real life!!!" he a definite INFP counter phobic 6

The_World_As_Will

Hmm I'm thinking 9w8>cp6w7>1w9 just my impression based on your description of yourself. 9's tend to have alot of anger issues, and the ' let others think for me' thing definitely seems like a 9 thing, but 9w8's have an aggressive streak as well.

edit- Hey!! just saw your video link and I know you from that other place :p, I believe there, I wrote that you were a 9w1, but given the description in the first post of yourself, I can definitely see 9w8, maybe replace the above with 9w8> cp6w7>4w3?

Lysethe

Hmm I'm thinking 9w8>cp6w7>1w9 just my impression based on your description of yourself. 9's tend to have alot of anger issues, and the ' let others think for me' thing definitely seems like a 9 thing, but 9w8's have an aggressive streak as well.

Interesting.

edit- Hey!! just saw your video link and I know you from that other place :p, I believe there, I wrote that you were a 9w1, but given the description in the first post of yourself, I can definitely see 9w8, maybe replace the above with 9w8> cp6w7>4w3?

Yeah, I was just popping in to say I recognized you. I'd be interested to hear whether your opinion on my MBTI type is the same after reading the other info. If you don't mind. :)