• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me!

Lysethe

I have some suspicions about my type, but I'd like to get some less biased opinions.

I am very contemplative, analytical, and perfectionistic. I'm not openly competitive, but I hate losing. I can be vocally and stubbornly opinionated, though I also have a tendency to let others think for me. I'm fairly impatient and prone to flash-like tantrums (after the problem is solved, I tend to feel bad for erupting). I'm not that good with doing what I'm told, especially if it doesn't make sense to me. I do what I can to preserve a sense of autonomy in my life. I like being in a position to influence/direct others' behavior, but I'm not fond of responsibility. In general, I prefer people who listen to what I say rather than always talking back or resisting. I would say I'm more consequence-oriented than right/wrong-oriented.

As a child, I was very loud and tended to bounce off the walls. I'm still pretty bouncy sometimes, though my energy levels vary. I need to be constantly doing something, but that 'something' is more likely to be reading, drawing, or surfing the Net than actual physical activity. I generally prepare for outings by bringing books or notebooks so I don't get stuck with nothing to do. I enjoy roleplaying online; make-believe is fun, whatever medium it's in. I'm pretty social in my own way, though I prefer to be the focus of attention.

I'm pretty affectionate if I feel comfortable enough around someone and am sure they won't react badly. I prefer people to whom I can communicate my feelings toward them without scaring them off. I'm also physically affectionate, though more so on the internet.

Well, here's a bit, anyway. Feel free to throw questions my way.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's see, my initial guess would be ENTP or ENFP, you seem to be fairly Ne dom, especially with a constant desire to seek external stimulation, although I'm not sure if your resistance to doing what others want you to do is more Fi/Te of Ti/Fe. Se dom may be likely as well, but I think Ne would probably fit you better. Enneagram wise, 5 or 8; you seem very concerned with being in control of who you are and what you want in life.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my best guess is ENTJ 7w8

Lysethe

Let's see...

I hate chores and housework. I'm not fond of "work before play", either. Let me play to my heart's content, and then I might consider working. This doesn't end very well when schoolwork is involved. I know I need to change that; it's just a matter of doing so.

I have a tendency to hold grudges; conversely, I tend to remember friends fondly. On the other hand, I'm horrible about keeping up with old friends. Thank goodness for Facebook. I'm pretty "out of sight, out of mind", both with friends and with my possessions. Speaking of friends and possessions... I'm extremely possessive and quite territorial. My criterion for "mine" tends to be whether I like him/her/it. I feel like I need to ease off on it; it should be OK if my friends have closer friends, or if girls flirt with the guy I like (and am not dating).

I am very creative and imaginative, and I always have been. I'm very inwardly-focused and physically unobservant; however, as a young child (<5), I used to give out directions with street names. This would suggest to me that I'm naturally quite observant, and that the inward focus is probably depression-related (this has been corroborated by a psychologist).

There's a little more. I have to run for now.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your first paragraph of your second paragraph in indication of P, probably Ne, maybe Se. Also, holding grudges might be aux or inferior Si at work; recalling old memories and stuff.

I'm guessing so far that these types are most likely:

INTP, INFP, ENFP, ENTP, ISFP, ISTP, ESTP, ESFP

Have you heard of the cognitive functions at all? What tests have you taken before? If you don't mind me asking. :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
On your first post, you sound a bit E_TJ to me. Second post adds N to the mix. I almost hesitant to call you an ENTP because I can't really tell if you have Ti. You seem to be Te > Ti, but there are some things that are contradictory to your J-ness.

ENTJ maybe?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Lysethe
Indeed I have. It's been quite a while.

Ok good then, I mean the fact that you're familiar with the functions makes this whole process that much easier. :yes:

I've taken a bunch of tests, most dichotomous and a couple function-related.

Results?

Lysethe

Ok good then, I mean the fact that you're familiar with the functions makes this whole process that much easier. :yes:

Well... It's been a long while. (^.^;) I remember that there are functions, but I've forgotten most of what each do.

XXFP, usually IN. I think N>S tends to be least pronounced and P>J most pronounced. Cognitive function tests... I might take them again, just to see what I get. I'll let you know how that goes.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well... It's been a long while. (^.^;) I remember that there are functions, but I've forgotten most of what each do.

No biggie, I'll link you to a site that give excellent descriptions, *searches for site* here ya go! :) http://www.bestfittype.com/cognitiveprocesses.html

XXFP, usually IN. I think N>S tends to be least pronounced and P>J most pronounced. Cognitive function tests... I might take them again, just to see what I get. I'll let you know how that goes.

So INFP may be most likely, although I think function theory is much better to go by. Definitely make sure to take that test that DisneyGeek posted :yes: and you may want to try this one as well: http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-jung-type-test

Lysethe

Mind checking this one out?

Hah, just finished that one. Thanks, though.

I have the results of this test and 2 sets of results from three years ago.

Result 2011:

Fi>Se>Ne>Fe>Ni>Si>Ti>Te
ESFP, ISFP, or ENFP

Previous results:

Ne>Fi>Fe>Ni>Si>Se>Ti>Te
Ne>Fi>Si>Fe>Ni>Se>Ti>Te

Trends:

*Fi is always in the top two
*Ti and Te are always at the bottom
*Fe is fairly stable - 4,3,4
*Ni is fairly stable - 5,4,5
*Ne remains in the top three.

Strange results:

*Se shot up from 7th twice to 2nd this time. It probably should be that far up there, but in retrospect, I misunderstood a question or two.

Lysethe

Um... I believe my older results came from the test that's been taken down (on the navy and gold site).

Anyway, to analyze the analysis:

* I'm probably Fi dominant or Fi auxiliary
* My type is weakest in Ti or Te

That leaves ESFP, ISFP, ENFP, and INFP.

I took a quick look at the site. I can see now why I scored higher in Se this time. I'll look at it more in-depth later.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK, so we definitely know that you're an FP :yes: however, strong Fi + weak Te would indicate IxFP moreso than ExFP, so I think it order from most likely to least would be this: INFP, ISFP, ENFP, ESFP. I'd suggest that you read as many descriptions of each of these four types and see which one fits you best :yes:

Lysethe

I'll see what I can come up with.

Also, as a general announcement, I am open to being E-typed. I think sp/sx is a plausible stacking.

Edit: Am I better off making a type thread in the Enneagram section?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originallt posted by Lysethe
Also, as a general announcement, I am open to being E-typed. I think sp/sx is a plausible stacking.

Sp/Sx seems like is could work for you :yes: and you seem like you might be extraverted.

Edit: Am I better off making a type thread in the Enneagram section?

Definitely, go for it. :yes:

Oh that's right, you're new here. Well then, welcome to the forums man! :hi:

Lysethe

Sp/Sx seems like is could work for you :yes: and you seem like you might be extraverted.

Reconsidering sp after reading up on it. Mm... Difficult for me to say. I've undergone a lot of maladaptive behavior over the years, which I am attempting to reverse (hence the psychologist). I like interacting with people I know, and I prefer to be the center of attention. :D I would probably be more initiating if I wasn't afraid of scaring people off.

Definitely, go for it. :yes:

I did. It's in the Enneagram section.

Oh that's right, you're new here. Well then, welcome to the forums man! :hi:

Thank you. :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Reconsidering sp after reading up on it. Mm... Difficult for me to say. I've undergone a lot of maladaptive behavior over the years, which I am attempting to reverse (hence the psychologist). I like interacting with people I know, and I prefer to be the center of attention. :D I would probably be more initiating if I wasn't afraid of scaring people off.

Sounds like you may be more SX, but then again I'm confused on the same exact thing myself :laugh:

I did. It's in the Enneagram section.

Cool :cool:

Thank you. :D

You're welcome :yes: