• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Lysethe
That was in reference to the extroversion comment. Guess I should've split it after all. But yes, I'm considering sx.

Ah I see :yes:

Any other confusions concerning your type at all? If you don't mind me asking, I like to be thorough. :)

Lysethe

Bless you. :) I was wondering where to find info on the functions (dominant, auxiliary, tertiary, etc).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Lysethe

Thanks! Typelogic hasn't been that helpful in the past, but The Personality Page is pretty good. One frustrating trend I've noticed is that Perceiver =/= "controlling"; that trait is given to Judgers. I can grasp why they feel that way, but it doesn't help people like me.

I'm working on a (much) longer reply.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I tend to ignore absolutes without good reasoning or evidence, thus Perceiver =/= controlling is bullshit.

I look forward to your longer reply and thoughts to your function order :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From what I understand, I thnk these are simply the functions taken from a philosophical point of view. I think they should be worthy of consideration, but that's only my opinion of them, someone else with a greater threshold of knowledge would need to verify if these descriptions are worth consideration.

Lysethe

Update:

I've been reading the childhood dominant function profiles to some of my family. My mother and sister identify best with ISJ and EFJ so far, which leads me to suspect xSFJ. If I had to choose, I'd say ESFJ for Mom and ISFJ for my sister. Surprisingly, it's between EFJ and ESP for my brother; I'd always pegged him as ESxP. No typing for my father yet. He tested ENTJ back in the day, but I'd like to triple-check 'cause I'm like that. :D

I believe I've eliminated ESFP from the running. I can't really identify with the "act first, think later" mindset. As I've mentioned before, I tend toward actively ignoring potential consequences, not toward never considering them to begin with. I am very much into gratifying my senses, but is there really a reason why an N cannot be that way?

One thing I really cannot identify with in the ENFP (and maybe INFP?) description is the whole "highly perceptive of character and motives" thing. I feel like I am naturally very trusting; how else could I have been so very gullible as a child? Also, the whole (INFP) "greater good/Human Condition" line: bleagh. Makes me wanna gag.

Lysethe

I also think it is worth noting that I can be excessively anal retentive and prone to organizing stuff; however, I'm fairly selective in how I apply it (see comment on housework).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Update:

I've been reading the childhood dominant function profiles to some of my family. My mother and sister identify best with ISJ and EFJ so far, which leads me to suspect xSFJ. If I had to choose, I'd say ESFJ for Mom and ISFJ for my sister. Surprisingly, it's between EFJ and ESP for my brother; I'd always pegged him as ESxP. No typing for my father yet. He tested ENTJ back in the day, but I'd like to triple-check 'cause I'm like that. :D

I believe I've eliminated ESFP from the running. I can't really identify with the "act first, think later" mindset. As I've mentioned before, I tend toward actively ignoring potential consequences, not toward never considering them to begin with. I am very much into gratifying my senses, but is there really a reason why an N cannot be that way?

One thing I really cannot identify with in the ENFP (and maybe INFP?) description is the whole "highly perceptive of character and motives" thing. I feel like I am naturally very trusting; how else could I have been so very gullible as a child? Also, the whole (INFP) "greater good/Human Condition" line: bleagh. Makes me wanna gag.

Yeah you don't seem all that ESFP, although not all ESFP's carry the mindset of 'act now, think later'. And if anything NFP's are not that "highly perceptive of character and motives", for instance I suck at reading others and I'm gullible as hell. Also, NFP's are not the moral saviors of the Earth (even though secretly I think I am ;)).

I also think it is worth noting that I can be excessively anal retentive and prone to organizing stuff; however, I'm fairly selective in how I apply it (see comment on housework).

Probably an indication of tert Si, probably INFP.

Lysethe

Perhaps. At this point, I'm going to try tossing the profiles (which I hate anyway) and just hopping into NF subforum. I'll see which resonates better.

Edit: There's a fair possibility of my being INFP. One of my big problems with it is feeling like I'm being shoved into this box of some weak, foofy, angelic being; and that's not me at all. I definitely view things through the lens of how stuff makes me feel. I would say, however, that if I am INFP, I'm a social, loud, sometimes energetic and distractable version.

Lysethe

Double post!

Actually, at this point, I'm beginning to doubt INFP, even ENFP. Even looking at what people in these forums have posted to describe the types, they don't fully resonate. I come across INFP descrips and go, "What the hell is this???", and that's if it isn't too abstract for me to understand in the first place. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Double post!

Actually, at this point, I'm beginning to doubt INFP, even ENFP. Even looking at what people in these forums have posted to describe the types, they don't fully resonate. I come across INFP descrips and go, "What the hell is this???", and that's if it isn't too abstract for me to understand in the first place. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

I'd be a little skeptical of which descriptions you read, although if the INFP anf ENFP ones don't work, which ones do?

Also, from the videos, uh, ISFP or ESFP seem more likely, but FP something. Enneagram results in the enneagram thread. :)

EDIT: also, I'm surprised, I didn't know you were a cute girl :)

EDIT: still currently watching the vid, ISFP is probably very likely.

Lysethe

I'd be a little skeptical of which descriptions you read, although if the INFP anf ENFP ones don't work, which ones do?

None as of yet.

Also, from the videos, uh, ISFP or ESFP seem more likely, but FP something. Enneagram results in the enneagram thread. :)

EDIT: also, I'm surprised, I didn't know you were a cute girl :)

Thanks on both counts. ^_^

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I mean that descriptions in general tend to be crappy in quality, describing a vauge group of people far too specifically and untruthfully. Basically, when I try to find out about my type, or another person type, I focus only on the functions at hand and how they are set up, anything else isn't worth consideration.

Lysethe

Hm. Going by the functions, I am undecided between Se and Ne. I doubt either is my dominant function. However, while I do have a value system I may bitch-slap others for violating, I don't relate to the nonjudgmental, humanistic focus of Fi. Like the idea of the bully who's just trying to fulfill an unmet need... I'm probably not going to look that closely. I identify with some aspects of Fe, namely in focusing on relational distance and using certain factors to determine someone's level of attachment to me. And I think I may need to do a function write-up. Urgh.