• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What enneatype am I?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Knowing me, what do you think?
I don't know them very well... I read some, many of them resonate with me on some level. Some more than others. It's hard to find one I can really relate to, though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought 7w8 fit you well...but i could also see 2w1...maybe...i think your tritype is 729 like me

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
at first glance you seem 7w8, but enneagram is friggin confusing. its not uncommon to relate strongly to 4 or 5 types

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i thought 7w8 fit you well...but i could also see 2w1...maybe...i think your tritype is 729 like me

I relate to the 7 much more than the 2. (After reading.) What is a tritype?

The reason I reconsidered my 7ness is that it seems like they are all over the place with their thoughts. I'm a fairly focused individual. I guess this could be explained by the 8, but when I read the 7w8 description, they sound awfully intense in comparison to my balanced self. I'm not a big passionate experience obsessed go-getter. I'm just a laid back, happy, somewhat contented yet decisive go-getter. I retested and got 7w8 again, just something's not sitting right. I guess I just need affirmation, and to learn more.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i feel ya...i don't feel as intense and excitement seeking as the description states...but...i am very much happy go lucky...optimistic...girl with a plan and all's alright girl...like i think you are too and...i know what you mean about the two i don't relate to much of it either on first read. i read somethings the other day that were interesting tho...and the tritype would be the ones you score highest on in each triad (?? is that the right word? ) like heart is 234 and head is 567 and gut is 891 and i score highest is 279 so that would be my tritype...which would mean i would have strong influences of all three...i guess.

i need to learn a lot more too.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i feel ya...i don't feel as intense and excitement seeking as the description states...but...i am very much happy go lucky...optimistic...girl with a plan and all's alright girl...like i think you are too and...i know what you mean about the two i don't relate to much of it either on first read. i read somethings the other day that were interesting tho...and the tritype would be the ones you score highest on in each triad (?? is that the right word? ) like heart is 234 and head is 567 and gut is 891 and i score highest is 279 so that would be my tritype...which would mean i would have strong influences of all three...i guess.

i need to learn a lot more too.

Ahhh I see... I think that makes me a 479 though. I seem to remember scoring 4 in the past. (And score high on that one in general.) I guess that makes me a calmer, more introspective 7? Maybe?? No idea, man. No idea. I relate to you a lot as well, so you may be right.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ooh interesting...so 4w3 7w8 9w1 for you maybe that just makes it more confusing doesn't it? haha

seems odd to me that a 7 could score high on 4 they seem so different to me...but that's just me i guess. i don't relate to 4 much at all.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ooh interesting...so 4w3 7w8 9w1 for you maybe that just makes it more confusing doesn't it? haha

seems odd to me that a 7 could score high on 4 they seem so different to me...but that's just me i guess. i don't relate to 4 much at all.

Umm.. Let me just read the 4 again and I'll get back to you. Maybe the fact that I relate to 4 makes me feel less 7 than a stereotypical 7. I don't really relate to the 2, much though. I may look like a 2 on the surface because of my job and demeanor. And I read the 3 earlier, and that didn't work out either.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(Reads 4.) Yes! Maybe that's it!. I relate a lot to the healthy 4 (and have related a lot to unhealthy 4 before.) Perhaps the contrast of the 7 and the 4 is what makes it seem like something doesn't match. I blamed Fi on the "4" feeling. I thought that's what Fi was. The aspects of my personality that are like a 4 are ones that are shameful to me and less explored and not readily understood by me. It is the feeling that keeps making me say that I'm "guarded", "independent", "selfish", "creative." All random traits, I didn't know where they came from.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that makes perfect sense...and interesting because i love my fi and think it's a beautiful thing...and something that defines me to the core and my type 4 bf doesn't like his fi...thinks it separates him from others or something...very different perspectives on it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that makes perfect sense...and interesting because i love my fi and think it's a beautiful thing...and something that defines me to the core and my type 4 bf doesn't like his fi...thinks it separates him from others or something...very different perspectives on it.

Yes, I would relate to your friend. I find the 4 traits are the ones that cause the most problems, are the least useful in my day to day life. My practical self shuns any trait that doesn't "help out."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I would relate to your friend. I find the 4 traits are the ones that cause the most problems, are the least useful in my day to day life. My practical self shuns any trait that doesn't "help out."

As a 5w4 I have had the most life difficulties with the 4-wing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that really is interesting...a totally different relation to fi isn't it? i feel like fi connects me to people...like we all have our own truth and it's all equally valuable and the fact that it's different for everyone is of no consequence.

for me...my 6 wing causes the most difficulty for my 7ness i think...as a 7 i feel very confident and capable and enthusiastically like to go after what i want...but...if someone i care about and respect gives me any reason to doubt myself...i just lose myself in self doubt...it's infuriating.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a 5w4 I have had the most life difficulties with the 4-wing.

:yes: Well, reading about the 4, it seems as though 4's would be generally unhappy with being a 4, despite it's gifts.

that really is interesting...a totally different relation to fi isn't it? i feel like fi connects me to people...like we all have our own truth and it's all equally valuable and the fact that it's different for everyone is of no consequence.

for me...my 6 wing causes the most difficulty for my 7ness i think...as a 7 i feel very confident and capable and enthusiastically like to go after what i want...but...if someone i care about and respect gives me any reason to doubt myself...i just lose myself in self doubt...it's infuriating.

I guess I agree with what you said about Fi as well, but I just take that part for granted. If 4ness and Fi are interrelated, I feel as though I could just do without. (Though I probably couldn't.) I understand the "beauty" of the Fi, but I just see it as a bunch of traits in me that sit around with all the other traits, acting arbitrary and not fitting in. Seems like those traits are some of the poorest matches for what I want with my life. I have had trouble appreciating them.

It's funny that you say that the 6 wing gives you trouble. It seems to me that 6 would be a nice, helpful balance for a 7. I think with my little knowledge of enneatypes, any 8 wing trait that I have helps me the most.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yes: Well, reading about the 4, it seems as though 4's would be generally unhappy with being a 4, despite it's gifts.

I guess I agree with what you said about Fi as well, but I just take that part for granted. If 4ness and Fi are interrelated, I feel as though I could just do without. (Though I probably couldn't.) I understand the "beauty" of the Fi, but I just see it as a bunch of traits in me that sit around with all the other traits, acting arbitrary and not fitting in. Seems like those traits are some of the poorest matches for what I want with my life. I have had trouble appreciating them.

It's funny that you say that the 6 wing gives you trouble. It seems to me that 6 would be a nice, helpful balance for a 7. I think with my little knowledge of enneatypes, any 8 wing trait that I have helps me the most.

Riso's Personality Types, which I take to be very authoritative, states that the wing on one side will conflict with the basic type, whereas the wing on the other side will support the basic type. 7w6 has a conflict with the traits of the 6-wing, 7w8 finds support with the 8-wing. 5w4 has a conflict with the traits of the 4-wing. Type 5 is supported by a 6-wing. Every basic type has its support or conflict centered in one of the wings.

This can be charted quite easily:

1w9 conflict
1w2 support
2w1 conflict
2w3 support
3w2 conflict
3w4 support
4w3 conflict
4w5 support
5w4 conflict
5w6 support
6w5 conflict
6w7 support
7w6 conflict
7w8 support
8w7 conflict
8w9 support
9w8 conflict
9w1 support

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Riso's Personality Types, which I take to be very authoritative, states that the wing on one side will conflict with the basic type, whereas the wing on the other side will support the basic type. 7w6 has a conflict with the traits of the 6-wing, 7w8 finds support with the 8-wing. 5w4 has a conflict with the traits of the 4-wing. Type 5 is supported by a 6-wing. Every basic type has its support or conflict centered in one of the wings.

This can be charted quite easily:

1w2 support
1w9 conflict
2w1 conflict
2w3 support
3w2 conflict
3w4 support
4w3 conflict
4w5 support
5w4 conflict
5w6 support
6w5 conflict
6w7 support
7w6 conflict
7w8 support
8w7 conflict
8w9 support
9w8 conflict
9w1 support

Aha! Well that makes sense! Cool.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
very interesting!
did you see that other test yesterday short? i actually tested as 7w6 4w5 9w8 as my tritype...when i just said how i never score high on 4 and i think they're such opposites and blah blah haha but maybe it is accurate..?? who the hell knows...it's all too confusing!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
very interesting!
did you see that other test yesterday short? i actually tested as 7w6 4w5 9w8 as my tritype...when i just said how i never score high on 4 and i think they're such opposites and blah blah haha but maybe it is accurate..?? who the hell knows...it's all too confusing!

I tested completely wrong on that test. (So I believe.) I got 3w2, 5w6, and 8w9. :shrug:. I tried to adjust my answers a little bit but still came out with the same thing. I just don't think that's right.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my 4w5 bf got 5w6