• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

3w4, 4w3, 6w7 or 7w6?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Firstly, before I give any information or answer questions, what are the fundamental differences between them? I just cannot figure out my head and heart fix, as well as my core. I have been stuck with these since forever. I only know my gut type is 9w1 and its the last one I use.
Many thanks, friends! :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
could you tell us a little more about yourself? :)

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
@Elfboy
(Oh, and I can't pick between So/Sx or Sx/So, so thanks in advance to whoever helps me identify my variant)
Ever since I was born I was meant to be "great." It's my family, our history, yadda yadda yadda. But as a little baby you don't realize these things, all I wanted was to perform. I loved being the first-born of my generation, and I relished in the praise, attention, and love I received. I was so used to getting whatever I wanted, or just being the center of attention, that as I got older it felt strange not always being thrusted into the limelight. Unfortunately, all kids go through a "chubby stage" and when that happened for me, it took my confidence and my slimness with it. I was made fun of for my appearance (acne, weight, the whole package) and I started to realize that I was "flawed." Before you start to think that was because of development--I was always a tad bit insecure. Whenever I started something new I was afraid I'd mess up. Like my father, I need to perfect my skills INDEPENDENTLY, before I could ever dream of performing them in front of a live audience (See? It's sly! You make it look like you're just good at anything--but you merely practice in private so nobody sees you fail :p).
Anyway, even as a youngster I'd sit in the school's bathroom and think "I'm always misunderstood. That's why my friends get mad at me." Yes, I loved being with people but I also felt like being around them was like trying to be someone I wasn't because I was just TOO DIFFERENT. And the more I felt alienated and under appreciated, the more I tried to win other people's respect, praise, and admiration. I'd sneak in my accomplishments here and there.
As time went on, I became very focussed on my appearance. I had lost the weight, guys started to "notice me," it was a nice transition! Still, I felt nobody really knew what I was going through internally. I longed to make a stamp on this world, to be an icon. I wanted to be recognized. So whenever somebody else had that attention that I thought I deserved--the little green monster took over. I hate being jealous, it tears me apart. It tears my friendships apart! And I find that I'm being conflicted with vanity and insecurity. One minute I feel like I'm the greatest and can do anything--the next I'm this sore loser who should just die.
I feel like the above reflects a lot of 3 and 4 traits. Here's why I identify with 6 and 7:
I was extremely attached to my mother as a child. When I started hitting the age where I could be left home alone and supervise my little brother (I was still fairly young), I would FLIP OUT. If she didn't call back, or she didn't come home at exactly 6:30, I would assume the (imaginative) worst. And my insecurities have come a long way with me, especially in the social realm. I find that if anyone harms my "self-image," I have to eliminate them from the social hierarchy--you know, asking around to see how "popular" they are--stuff that only happens to me when I'm very paranoid. And I guess the 7 traits would be that I need to be stimulated because if not, I go back to thinking too much and getting depressed about how I'm not doing anything at the moment, other people have more freedom than I do, and I start to hate myself. I'm very conflicting when it comes to emotions. Sometimes I just want to leave the situation and cry it all out. And other times I try to avoid my feelings (especially to keep a good front when people are present) by distracting myself.
Any other questions? :D If this was not thorough enough I'd be happy to answer :cheese:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my best guess is 3w4 so/sx :yes: your tritype sounds like 3-7-1 but I could be wrong about this

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Another thing I'd like to say is that why I can't decide between SO/SX and SX/SO is because I do tend to seek out intense situations, or situations regarding a lot of stimulation--but I'm hardly aggressive. :(

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
:\ I noticed that I share a lot of qualities of the 4, but I have the motivations of the 3...So would that mean that the 4 is a wing or the core?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:\ I noticed that I share a lot of qualities of the 4, but I have the motivations of the 3...So would that mean that the 4 is a wing or the core?

that means you're probably a 3w4, but of course, I don't know you well enough to say so with high probability

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
that means you're probably a 3w4, but of course, I don't know you well enough to say so with high probability
:| I'm constantly alternating between 3w4 and 4w3 because sometimes I think that I'm a total 3 since I care a lot about my image and validation from others, but then I switch to 4 when I realize I'm not that much of a work-a-holic and I'm more emotional.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Firstly, before I give any information or answer questions, what are the fundamental differences between them? I just cannot figure out my head and heart fix, as well as my core. I have been stuck with these since forever. I only know my gut type is 9w1 and its the last one I use.
Many thanks, friends! :)

:hifive:

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. ENFP 9w1 gut last sp last and can't decide between 3w4, 4w3, 6w7. i'm pretty certain i'm 6w7 head type. i relate with worrying the worst about your mom... my mom would be late to pick me up from school sometimes and i would be sooo worried!

anyway i'm sorry that's not particularly helpful. :/ but it's sort of nice to find someone so alike :hug:

as far as i understand it...

core motivation -> excessive behavior

7 - aversion to deprivation -> excessive experiencing and/or acquiring
6 - aversion to fear -> excessive bonding and confronting
4 - aversion to insignificance -> excessive individualism
3 - aversion to worthlessness -> excessive pursuit of accomplishment

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i'm a 7w6 if it helps and i don't identify with much of what you said...my guess would be 3w4.

G

garbage

Same freakin' problem here, flip-flopping between 3w4 or 6w5. I identify with a pretty good portion of what you wrote, aside from having bonded with a parent and overreacting to "the sky is falling" scenarios.

Most descriptions paint 3s as vain (as per the dictionary definition), arrogant people with a lot of self-confidence, but I think that this

is a much better depiction of what the type is really about.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
core motivation -> excessive behavior

7 - aversion to deprivation -> excessive experiencing and/or acquiring
6 - aversion to fear -> excessive bonding and confronting
4 - aversion to insignificance -> excessive individualism
Hmmm then I guess 4w3 and...6w7 as head type.
However, I read it's all about defense mechanisms and what your "Origin of Loss" is to really assess your type.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that some of the things you mentioned are universal from a 16 year old's perspective. I remember also becoming very worried when my mother was late to pick me up. We all become more concerned with social and with receiving attention when in high school than we are later on. So, I think that is also somewhat universal.

I think it's hard to type people when they are younger because they are still in stages of development, and they are deeply influenced by their environments and their parents, so I'm skeptical as to how accurate a typing can be at the age of 16. 16 year olds can be homogenous in a lot of ways.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
I think that some of the things you mentioned are universal from a 16 year old's perspective. I remember also becoming very worried when my mother was late to pick me up. We all become more concerned with social when in high school than we are later on. So, I think that is also somewhat universal.

I think it's hard to type people when they are younger because they are still in stages of development, and they are deeply influenced by their environments and their parents, so I'm skeptical as to how accurate a typing can be at the age of 16.

Not really that she's a teenager, but more that she's a teenager in one of the top schools in the country. There's MORE pressure to achieve there. Not just look good to others, but to compete and DO more.

Btw, I'm almost 17 and it took me forever to type myself, but only because 1.) I was more interested in real life than typology, and 2.) too many stereotypes and misconceptions out there until I actually looked into it beyond what the internet descriptions gave-- tbh they only scratch the surface, especially for 3's.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I tried to picture myself in the near future and Yes the intensity would lessen out of high school, but I know I'd still be competitive and would never let myself "go" or slack off from true goals. I guess high school is scarier because it's the foundation from where you start off.
Oh God my high school is sheer hell... I feel so stupid in comparison to the actual "human robots" or more like...calculators. :( I can only major in so few a subject... :3

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really that she's a teenager, but more that she's a teenager in one of the top schools in the country. There's MORE pressure to achieve there. Not just look good to others, but to compete and DO more.
So you may take on more 3 as a result.... and it may not be true-to-you, which isn't so apparent at 16, when you've never experienced life outside of that particular environment. People don't know themselves at 16, generally. For most, they seem to have to completely break away from mom and dad's opinions, and from under their thumb, and the influences also of high school "friends", in order to truly know themselves, and that usually doesn't happen until around mid-20's. By 30, it seems that one is getting there lol......they are becoming a true individual by then. I was definitely more So in high school than I would ever care to be, because of influences and friends. I know that at 16, I would've thought I was an extrovert and a 3 probably.... lmao.

Btw, I'm almost 17 and it took me forever to type myself, but only because 1.) I was more interested in real life than typology, and 2.) too many stereotypes and misconceptions out there until I actually looked into it beyond what the internet descriptions gave-- tbh they only scratch the surface, especially for 3's.

I agree. Books go more in-depth. Who isn't more interested in real life than typology lol? I'm here to improve my life in real. :)

As I said previously, I am and will remain skeptical that anyone can truly type themselves until later on in life (based on the results of looking at my own life and those of others), although I think that it is great that younger people are finding typology and using it!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmmm then I guess 4w3 and...6w7 as head type.
However, I read it's all about defense mechanisms and what your "Origin of Loss" is to really assess your type.

yeah, absolutely. it's just that sometimes that's so subconscious that it's not going to do you any help to read about those... hard to recognize something in yourself when your ego has a good reason to keep it quiet.

first time i read most enneagram stuff i was like HAHA DOESNT FIT ME and walked away.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, absolutely. it's just that sometimes that's so subconscious that it's not going to do you any help to read about those... hard to recognize something in yourself when your ego has a good reason to keep it quiet.

first time i read most enneagram stuff i was like HAHA DOESNT FIT ME and walked away.

Yep, I also started trying to migrate toward what I WANTED my type to be (which was actually a 5 lol.....). I thought i was a 5 for a day..... then I realized that I was just lying to myself lmao..... although I was CLOSE at least. When I take the test, I still get a 5. I was happy with 5, and I didn't want to believe I was a 6, but I've grown into it now......

Then, I believed i was sp/sx because I have gotten away from sx some since i met my significant-other. I never really thought of myself as overly-sexual, but i realized, alas, that i was driven towards intimacy first and foremost. My mother was puritanical (9w1) and some of that had rubbed off on me, so I think I never totally admitted how intimacy-driven I was, to myself. I wouldn't say it was a shocker, but I just never saw myself in that light.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I figured that typing around late teens would give insight to a developing personality.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i first took an enneagram test when i was 16, i didn't look that much into it at the time but i completely mistyped myself. i thought i was a 7w8, which now i wouldn't even consider. i think high school can kinda make you a different person, or you aren't clear about who you are yet. so it's probably not the best time to judge.