• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

3w4, 4w3, 6w7 or 7w6?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Alright~ what about MBTI? All my life I was an ENFP.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You sound 3w4 to me.

Alright~ what about MBTI? All my life I was an ENFP.
Do you identify with descriptions of the ENFP?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
You sound 3w4 to me.

Do you identify with descriptions of the ENFP?
The only time I disagree with 3w4 statements is when they make them so antisocial and "OMG I MUST WORK" oriented... although they're more emotional?

Oh yes definitely haha.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
The only time I disagree with 3w4 statements is when they make them so antisocial and "OMG I MUST WORK" oriented... although they're more emotional?

Oversimplification: "Antisocial' and "OMG I MUST WORK" is more 3 SP... which we've established that you are NOT.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
The epic battle between SX and SO. They're both social beings--just one is more intimate. S'ppose that's why they're hard to decipher.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
I'll copy and paste what BlackCat asked:

So/sx and sx/so are a bit difficult. Let me ask some questions- are you more attached to the social sphere of things? Are you concerned with worldly events, or other people that have the same interests as you? Or would you say you're more interested in individual, one to one interactions? Do you enjoy getting in really deep and intensely with someone? Or do you prefer to have a lot of acquaintances instead?

Ask yourself why when you answer. Why that is the answer.

Yeah, you're aware of social hierarchy, but why?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nomenclature;1599751 Yeah said:

Yeah, that's true. For me, I'm aware of social hierarchy because it confuses me/ doesn't seem to have any relevance. Kind of like a foreign language.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
are you more attached to the social sphere of things? Are you concerned with worldly events, or other people that have the same interests as you? Or would you say you're more interested in individual, one to one interactions? Do you enjoy getting in really deep and intensely with someone? Or do you prefer to have a lot of acquaintances instead?
I am attached the social sphere but I don't want to be overly involved. Yeah, it'd be nice if I was universally accepted--which I guess is all I want. I don't want to be a social reject in any way. Why? It's about image. If others look down upon me, it can spread, and it can even get to the people I care about, and next thing I know they all have a false or unsavory idea of who I am. Worldy events? Ehh not so much :p Unless it affects me personally. Yes to people with the same interests--I was always fond of the idea of having that "perfect" best friend or boyfriend. Somebody who just GETS it! So I'd say yes to those individual questions as well. I'm sort of picky who I'm intimate with, though. I have two sides: there's the gregarious side and I mingle with everyone, but it's usually just "cocktail party" conversation. Then there's my more intimate side I allow only a few people to see, and they're usually the ones I want to spend a whole lot of time with. "Let's do this and this and this together!" I can get very attached to them.
Does this make sense? I want to have many acquaintances so I'm "secure" in the social world, but my focus is on the intimate relations. I only focus on social standings when I feel like that is in jeopardy and I can't be myself safely because "they're all judging and scrutinizing." When my boyfriend and I went public we had interesting comments, and I was uncomfortable. It's like I want everyone to be proud. And I'd hate for him to feel like he's inadequate or vice versa.
S'yeah~ ;)

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Purely based on comparison, which itself is a fallacious way of typing ;p, your answer was different enough from mine to warrant a few notes. This was mine, though much of it is regurgitation of my own thread:

I'll answer the best I can within the context of high school (the land of cliques and douchebaggery) and graduation.

Well, honor students are typically friends with each other because of the context in which they met (side note: I'm not big on student organizations that are all group meetings, not to mention I got kicked out of the National Honor Society because I'm a tightass about the system's logical inconsistencies). But I'm simply more likely to find in the honors class someone whose philosophies/life mission/whatever align with mine. And likewise with subcultures.

Why does a given person have the same interests? That's a more important question. Similar life experiences and aspirations? Similar social convictions? Similar philosophies? It varies from person to person. Taste says a lot, within or without the context of the peer group.

I talk to people easily, but there are plenty that I'm just WAY more drawn to than others. :| I'm kind of polarizing and my reputation is really out there... wtf, a freak... and WOW, A FREAK! <3 Deep and intense? I alternate between obsessive and flighty, depending on the person. "I've known him for all of 3 days." "3 DAYS?!?!?!?! I would've thought 3 years!"

Uhhh... there's a certain teacher to whom I'm freaking attached at the hip and he's seriously my best friend in the class. Also more of a father/guardian to me than anyone ever was, not to mention we complement each other amazingly (1w2 ESxP + 3w4 ISTP, FUCK YES).

I guess I answered my own question; that puts me at SX, the SOness exacerbated by the 3. Thanks!

Similarities:
  • Finding within certain groups the "perfect" companion, emphasis on being understood
  • Attached to but not necessarily involved in social sphere
  • "They're all judging and scrutinizing"

Differences:
  • If others look down upon me, it can spread, and it can even get to the people I care about, and next thing I know they all have a false or unsavory idea of who I am.
    I could never imagine myself saying that. If someone believes the shit they hear about me without asking me about it, they're not in a position for me to give a fuck about their opinion (seems SX is a little more polarized in relations; SO is adaptive and camouflaged).
  • I have no problems going public. If anything, I'm the one who alienates other people because if I'm excited, everyone has to know about it.
  • Boyfriend feeling inadequate? Psh, that's a personal problem on his part. :p

Chloe

comparison is not the most elegant way of typing but it is often the most precise

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Furk, I oscillate between SX and SO depending on my mood.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
sx/so
This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this subvariant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it's purest or most extreme form. Possibly attracted to radical views on politics, philosophy, spirituality or creativity that reflect their penchant for testing boundaries. They enjoy pushing other's buttons, especially those resistant to their modes of expression. It's not uncommon for them to have a pet social, political or spiritual cause which they're able to support with heartfelt conviction. May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it. While prone to exhibitionism, they are strongly attracted to grounding influences which can anchor them and provide stability. Failure to satisfy an especially intense desire for connection may cause this subvariant to spite others at the risk of jeopardizing the need for an equal, stabilizing force. Can feel pulled between wanting a life of maximum intensity and reassuring episodes of peaceful convention.
I just saw this and had to highlight. I do that allllll the time, especially in arguments.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
I just saw this and had to highlight. I do that allllll the time, especially in arguments.

Er... you sound like you'd be a little more "polite" from our private conversations. What are interactions between you and other SX-doms like?

For the record, though, I think SO/SX is a good fit for you.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha it's all about closeness. To those I bond with super closely I can be a class-A bitch, usually because I want to see how far I can push someone emotionally. And it's not always in some cruel way; "Did you hear that? She killed her daughter! KILLED HER DAUGHTER, LIKE TOTALLY KNIFED HER IN THE--" just to get a reaction.
But I guess in comparison to another SX-dom, I would seem very demure. Mostly because I keep all my "unsavory" opinions to myself, unless I'm super cranky. The only time I wouldn't give off a polite vibe is when I choose to be very hyper and bouncy--possibly talking TOO much, or maybe saying things that doesn't necessarily fit dinner table conversation. I guess at my most intense I'm either ricocheting off the walls or fighting a storm very bitterly.

Last edited: