• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BAM!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I finally got my official MBTI test results back. Says I'm ISFP.

But I'm soo attached to ISFJ! It would feel weird not to be ISFJ anymore. Don't know if I can abandon it. I shall ponder on it some more. In the meantime, tell me if/why you think I'm ISFP or ISFJ.

page0002w.jpg

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I feel like I know nothing at this point, so my analysis probably doesn't matter.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess that settles it.

I feel pretty confident that at this point no one here would say I'm ISFP.

It's funny because all my friends IRL all think I'm extrovert. I can now assure them that I am slightly expressed introvert.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This seriously may be the last straw in me deciding that the MBTI as it currently exists is totally inscrutable.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm more Fe than Fi.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I do, too. I especially think you are way more Si than Se. The authorities, however, do not seem to agree with my amateur opinion.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!

I think the same. Seriously, your self-identified type is more important than what the test says! Sure, the official test is better than free internet ones, but it's not the final verdict (at least I hope not. I tested INTJ and ignored that immediately)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do, too. I especially think you are way more Si than Se. The authorities, however, do not seem to agree with my amateur opinion.

I wish I knew what Si was. I still don't really understand it.

Also, you should totally write a MBTI book. I'd buy it.

I think the same. Seriously, your self-identified type is more important than what the test says!

What other people think can be important because sometimes we're self-deluded.

G

garbage

MBTI is a type indicator, anyway. It's supposed to point a person in the direction of their type without necessarily dictating what it is.

Of course, it's really, really easy the test to hide behind that concept, but that's another story..

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I knew what Si was. I still don't really understand it.

I'm always available to explain. :)

Also, you should totally write a MBTI book. I'd buy it.

I can't rely on sales derived solely from people who personally like me.

Here's a question. If someone asked who you are, or what you are like, and you could only answer with an MB type, do you think telling them you're ISFJ or telling them you're ISFP would give them a better idea of how to treat you?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!

True, if the other people know you well, but as for my actual point: even the official test =/= other people.
Incidentally, valuing other people's input and trusting that they know you well enough strikes me as more Fe than Fi... but that's far from conclusive/accurate necessarily. :shrug:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True, if the other people know you well, but as for my actual point: even the official test =/= other people.
Incidentally, valuing other people's input and trusting that they know you well enough strikes me as more Fe than Fi... but that's far from conclusive/accurate necessarily. :shrug:

True but there has to be a balance. We do not live on an island by ourselves, but we should also remember that people, even those close to us will always be selfish motivated. Neither system is perfect.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

That's the first thought I had.

You seem "softer" than ISFPs I know, I expect it's because of Fe, you also appear more grounded, probably for the same reason.

I'm mostly interested in what ISFJ means to you and what impact it would have for you if ISFP turned out to be more accurate?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
...What does it say about me that I almost thought this thread was about Emeril Lagasse?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you seem more ISFJ to me. you just have a different tonality than most ISFPs i know. you seem more... conscientious? steady? something. my grandma's ISFJ and i think your tonality is more similar to hers.

could be confirmation bias, but i'd like to think not :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Let me just say this...

Can the test think? Does the test know you?

No and no.

Also, does the test only look for dichotomies or does it test the cognitive functions? If it is the former (which I think it probably is), then P vs. J and could easily be switched around.

I really don't know you very well, but if you feel you have Fe over Fi, then you are an ISFJ. It doesn't matter what the test says... it's incapable of consciousness and thought.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright I'll be ISFJ. See how decisive I am? :wink:

you seem more ISFJ to me. you just have a different tonality than most ISFPs i know. you seem more... conscientious? steady? something. my grandma's ISFJ and i think your tonality is more similar to hers.

could be confirmation bias, but i'd like to think not :)

Grandma?! UGH!

Not sexy. :thumbdown:

You seem "softer" than ISFPs I know, I expect it's because of Fe

That's funny because I perceive ISFPs to be softer than me. Like more easy going. Maybe you meant "soft-hearted"??? I'm not sure.

I'm mostly interested in what ISFJ means to you and what impact it would have for you if ISFP turned out to be more accurate?

It wouldn't have much impact at all. I'd still be exactly the same.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well either way you're still giggly, and you're lovely whatever you are. :smooch:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess that settles it.
I feel pretty confident that at this point no one here would say I'm ISFP.

You seem far more SiFe than FiSe.

No, I tend to do "pattern recognition" for my typing too.

ISFPs tend to be "putterers" in tone and approach to life.
ISFJs are more directed, even if still low-key.
And yes, Giggly's pretty steady/conscientious/directed.

It's the Se of the ISFP that makes them putter, and the Fe of the ISFJ that leaves them more directed.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so