• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I want a pretty number

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
So, I’m trying to finally get my Enneatype right. I’ve always preferred MBTI because there is a clear system to it, and so much about the Enneagram seems so arbitrary. But this is not the place to discuss that, and my curiosity won’t be satisfied until I know what type fits me best.

As you can see I consider myself an INTP, but please ignore that for the moment, because I only think it’ll get in the way. The other MBTI types I have considered more seriously is ENTP and INFP, so if it helps you can keep these in mind as well.

I don’t know what the best way to do this is, but I figure I can write a bit about each type and how I relate to it. I don’t have a perfect grasp of the different types (obviously) but hopefully the things I get wrong are as telling about my type as the things I get right.

1 – This is one of the types that come up in my tests, but… Well, I’m not terribly ethical. I have a few principles that I try to stick too, but I don’t see myself as a good person and I often lie and weasel myself out of uncomfortable situations in different, not exactly ethical, ways. Also, I’m definitely neither orderly nor organized. I like to be right, but then again, who likes to be wrong? I can also be overly perfectionistic, especially when trying something new. And sure I wish for a better world or whatever but I’m not motivated enough to stand on the barricades. My highest aim in that area is maybe to inspire people with my writing or something. I’m fine with not being perfect, too. I like who I am.

2 – Oh, god, this is probably the type I identify the least with. I actually even have a problem with two-ish people. I know it’s kinda horrible of me, but… huu. I can has integrity and alone time, please. I can be sentimental, but that’s the only buzzword I identify even the least with. I mean, being friendly and generous is very good, but I can’t cheat myself that I’m either. I’m agreeable enough and not a scrooge and that’ll have to do. I can be helpful when I feel like it, but not in a selfless way.

3 – This type has come up as well in tests, a few times. I think I’d like to be more of a three, I like the buzzwords, but I don’t think I am. I’m self-assured enough, and I’m not un-attractive, but I’m just not a person of great charisma and drive. And it’s more important to me that I like myself than that other people like me, even though the latter is nice too. I’ve just never really been one of the popular kids, and even when I’ve come close to it I’ve been in the outskirts of that group. I have nothing against becoming successful or well known but it’s not a goal in itself for me, I don’t think.

4 – This has come up one or two times in test too, but it’s not often. I like to think of myself as a creative person, but I’m not an emo kid. I’m just too generally happy for that. And I’m fairly thick-skinned. I’d like to think I resemble the persona of the four a bit, but I don’t think I am one. I have a wish of being speshul, but more in the way of intelligence than artsyness. I am quite artistic, but art to me is recreation, not srsbznz, and the only artsy thing I consider as an important part of my identity is my writing, which is as much an intellectual thing. And when it comes to emotions, well… I’m not a robot, but I’m not miss in tune with her feelings either. I could do much better. And I have no feel of missing something in my personality.

5 – Oh, here we go. This is the type I “should” fit, and it is known to show up in tests often. Of course I can identify with fives very much, but I have the sense that this is just on a superficial level. I want to know everything, sure, but “as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment”, I don’t think so. If this is the reason, it’s very deeply suppressed. I also think I have an ability to do most things better than others. I mean, yeah, there’s always a bigger fish, but I’m no guppy. I like it in my head, it’s a place of sense and rest and I spend much time there, but the outer world is where it’s at when I want entertainment. And I can be enchanting and social when I feel like it, and have damn good self confidence. I am great.

6 – I don’t think I’ve ever gotten this as a result, as with twos. I am definitely not reliable, trustworthy or good at cooperation. “Loyalty” is a concept I’ve never quite grasped. People should be able to take care of themselves, and while I might piggyback when possible I am capable of handling the world on my own. Under certain circumstances I can be a worrier, but it’s not my default.

7 – This is where it gets really interesting. This is among my top three results. Remember how I said I identify with fives but only on a superficial level? Here it’s the other way round. I am pretty much nothing like your stereotypical seven, but when it comes to the underlying motivations, I find myself nodding along. I am very easily distracted and always looking for something new to interest myself in. If left to my own devices I am very undisciplined. I absolutely love games of all sorts, excluding team sports. Freedom and happiness are highly valued. Life is an adventure! And pain is horribly horrible bleh make it go away. Pain killers are among my dearest friends. Reading the description of sevens makes me feel affirmed and happy. To be a “Renaissance Person” is my ideal in life. Multitasking is my middle name. ( I am currently eating, reading a book on relativism, posting on two forums and chatting with my boyfriend.)

8 – This has, like three, come up a few time in tests. However, while I’m self-confident and can be assertive (mainly in a bad way, though, and only in one on one situations) and egocentric, I am not at all decisive. I also have no need to be “important to the world”, whatever that’s supposed to mean. “Enormous willpower and vitality” also ain’t me. I am not a leader.

9 – Hm. I would not describe myself as “trusting” or “supportive”, but the buzzwords here are nice enough. I like nines. I think my boyfriend is one, and obviously I like him. However, I don’t think I am one. I can handle conflict well, and I can be someone to challenge just for the sake of challenging.

So, here we go. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
seven_fingered_hand.gif

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Thank you for answering (does this mean I'll have to reconsider ENTP again?). :)

Also, man, this teaches me not to post without rereading, even when in a hurry. The mistakes, they burn. I guess I should edit but I have a headache.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah-ha, that was my guess after the first line, hell the title was enough, my attention span stopped there... I kid, I kiiid. But really, 7w8 (which integrates to 5, and disintegrates to 1 which may be why both relate), and yes, you should look at ENTP again if 7 and 3 are showing up in your E-type, it's more likely.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree with them...you sound like an entp 7w8 from all that.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This might confuse you even further, but I would respond almost exactly as you did in regards to the enneatypes. (I'm split on 5w4 and 7w8.) Except that you seem just a tad more 7, and a tiny bit less 5.

So the pretty number I'll give you is 7.

Also, just based on the way you responded, ENTP is a possibility. But there are some INTP 7s out there too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for answering (does this mean I'll have to reconsider ENTP again?). :)

Also, man, this teaches me not to post without rereading, even when in a hurry. The mistakes, they burn. I guess I should edit but I have a headache.

this is also way more entp than intp...i'm thinkin

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks for all the answers! I'll pronounce myself a 7w8 then. And go off to look at ENTP again, hum.

And I fixed the most glaring errors at least, does this make INTP more likely? :p

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
raminda said:
I am quite artistic, but art to me is recreation, not srsbznz

i know exactly what you mean. me too. i'd probably be typed by a lot of people as a 4 because i'm artistic, but nope.

7w8 sounds good.

as for NTP, take a close look at Ne. i typed myself INFP for a long time before realizing that i use so much Ne it's ridiculous. i honestly just thought everyone thought that way. like, i thought that's just how brains work. i'm not particularly extraverted, to be sure. not socially. but in terms of my thought process, i do look at mind-external patterns more than mind-internal structures. the tertiaries can help you decide, as well. INTPs usually have a good Si fact/detail database that they can turn on and off. ENTPs usually have good Fe charm that they can turn on and off.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this is also way more entp than intp...i'm thinkin

Way more, you say...?

as for NTP, take a close look at Ne. i typed myself INFP for a long time before realizing that i use so much Ne it's ridiculous. i honestly just thought everyone thought that way. like, i thought that's just how brains work. i'm not particularly extraverted, to be sure. not socially. but in terms of my thought process, i do look at mind-external patterns more than mind-internal structures. the tertiaries can help you decide, as well. INTPs usually have a good Si fact/detail database that they can turn on and off. ENTPs usually have good Fe charm that they can turn on and off.

What would be an example of a mind external pattern and a mind internal structure?

Perhaps seeing how strong your dominant function is can be tricky, probably because it is most natural. Also charm might be hard to see from the inside. Do you know a way to see these things better?

But back to Raminda and Enneagram, I'll second 7w8, and if this is confirmed I'll find a way to make those numbers all pretty.

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
the tertiaries can help you decide, as well. INTPs usually have a good Si fact/detail database that they can turn on and off. ENTPs usually have good Fe charm that they can turn on and off.

I definitely have a fact database, I've been called a living encyclopedia. I also have an ability to be more charming when I want to be, but it usually only work on people who already have an inclination to like me. It takes loads of work for me to charm someone who dislikes me, and I've only found it worth my time once, if I remember correciticaly. But anyways, I think I'd better revive my thread about my MBTI type instead of continuing on here.

But back to Raminda and Enneagram, I'll second 7w8, and if this is confirmed I'll find a way to make those numbers all pretty.

Yes, this is confirmed, I've decided. Does this mean I can has pretty numbers nao?

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Here, if somebody wants to keep helping me with my MBTI type, this is the place to go. :)

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Uuuuh... So, I'm rewaking this thread to say that I'm probably a 3 after all. Hum de dum. Does 3 and INTP sound more likely than 7 and INTP?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
3 and 7 are both common E-types for ENTPs.

Let go of the I, you'll feel better for it, c'arn.

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Hm, hm. I'm willing to go up to little i or maybe X, but that's my limit, noo way I'm paying E, that's ridiculous :p

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll settle on a little X :biggrin:

Check out Ne-Ti over Ti-Ne.