• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Is It - The Final Type Me! (At Least For Now . . .)

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
You could write a 200-page paper on how WRONG this is. Some highlights:

* Asperger's is not a mental illness, it's a condition that brings some cognitive advantages as well as some disadvantages;

* People with Asperger's can be typed. It's not like they are insane or sociopathic or something;

* In another thread, you said people with mental illnesses should be sterilized. What does that say about your attitude towards SI?

* You essentially came in a thread SI made in order to discover more about himself, politely requesting feedback from others, to tell him he's defective and consequently untypeable;

* By showing a great lack of tact towards SI, one of the sweetest guys I've met on this forum, you are essentially proving that an Aspie is kinder and more aware of how his attitude affects others than you, which makes your AS = illness theory crumble to dust.

Why are you in this forum again? :huh:

Rant over. Sorry about that.

Aspergers brings no cognitive "advantages" that can't be achieved by people without it.

Are you saying that Aspergers isn't an illness? What is it then? People who have Aspergers are worse at social interaction and social awareness than people without it. I'm not saying all people with Aspergers are bad people (and certainly they shouldn't be sterilized; that would be reserved for serious mental illnesses like bipolar and schizophrenia), but to say it's not an illness is absurd.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Perch420
Aspergers brings no cognitive "advantages" that can't be achieved by people without it.

Are you saying that Aspergers isn't an illness? What is it then? People who have Aspergers are worse at social interaction and social awareness than people without it. I'm not saying all people with Aspergers are bad people (and certainly they shouldn't be sterilized; that would be reserved for serious mental illnesses like bipolar and schizophrenia), but to say it's not an illness is absurd.

When I said leave the thread, I meant that you stop posting in here. We're not going to derail my 'Type Me' thread into a "Aspergers and type' discussion. Gu-bie. :bye:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

They have great focus and can think in different ways than most people. Temple Grandin used her analytical, unusual mind to understand how cattle perceived the world, and combined it with her engineering skills to create more humane and efficient method of executing cattle for meat consumption.

Also, not all of them are as socially awkward as the most extreme examples, and a lot of them develop those skills with age, allowing them to share their knowledge with the world.

And with that, I hope I've closed this aside in an otherwise interesting thread; otherwise, you may quote me and challenge my arguments elsewhere.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's arguable. People who are trying to be a big pain in the a** think it's a serious mental illness. Others who realize there are mild differences, and that like all of us, life can be difficult no matter how you look at it and there are problems to overcome for everyone, just see it as no big deal, since aspies usually end up eccentric adults like many of us. It all comes out in the wash.

It depends on what you think of as "cognitive advantages", because any differences are going to create advantages. Much like an estp has advantages over an istp in certain ways, and likewise.... you learn to work with what you have. I have mild dyslexia and adhd. But that's not stopping me.....and never has.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Viridian
They have great focus and can think in different ways than most people. Temple Grandin used her analytical, unusual mind to understand how cattle perceived the world, and combined it with her engineering skills to create more humane and efficient method of executing cattle for meat consumption.

Also, not all of them are as socially awkward as the most extreme examples, and a lot of them develop those skills with age, allowing them to share their knowledge with the world.

And with that, I hope I've closed this aside in an otherwise interesting thread; otherwise, you may quote me and challenge my arguments elsewhere.
Originally posted by ICUP
It's arguable. People who are trying to be a big pain in the a** think it's a serious mental illness. Others who realize there are mild differences, and that like all of us, life can be difficult no matter how you look at it and there are problems to overcome for everyone, just see it as no big deal, since aspies usually end up eccentric adults like many of us. It all comes out in the wash.

It depends on what you think of as "cognitive advantages", because any differences are going to create advantages. Much like an estp has advantages over an istp in certain ways, and likewise.... you learn to work with what you have. I have mild dyslexia and adhd. But that's not stopping me.....and never has.

The truth. Keep this knowledge in mind for the future Perch, it's something you obviously need to learn.

Now then, does anybody have any thoughts on my socionics type? SEI, ILE, something?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm no good at socionics, but you may find this site useful. :)

thank you, because neither am i. very average at mbti and no good at all at socionics lol......although i find it all very insightful and interesting. good luck to you on typing, savage, because i won't be of any help at this time lol..... i gots a lot to learn too.

(btw, pretty much think infp's are adorable (in a striking kindof way)). Always thought Kurt Cobain was so interesting and adorable..... and then later read that istp's think infp's are enigmas..... and pretty much agreed. It's like observing something you don't understand at all and being totally interested, and thinking it is amazing for what it is. Just the existence of it is enthralling and attractive.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thank you, because neither am i. very average at mbti and no good at all at socionics lol......although i find it all very insightful and interesting. good luck to you on typing, savage, because i won't be of any help at this time lol..... i gots a lot to learn too.

Well as long as you were willing to assist me in my tpying then I am thankful :yes:

(btw, pretty much think infp's are adorable (in a striking kindof way)). Always thought Kurt Cobain was so interesting and adorable..... and then later read that istp's think infp's are enigmas..... and pretty much agreed. It's like observing something you don't understand at all and being totally interested, and thinking it is amazing for what it is. Just the existence of it is enthralling and attractive.

Agreed, INFP's are definitely adorable (although I heard Kurt was ISFP) :hug: or in my case adorakble :nerd:

As for the subtype descriptions, I relate fairly well to the ENTp and ISFp :/

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well as long as you were willing to assist me in my tpying then I am thankful :yes:

Agreed, INFP's are definitely adorable (although I heard Kurt was ISFP) :hug: or in my case adorakble :nerd:

As for the subtype descriptions, I relate fairly well to the ENTp and ISFp :/

Makes total sense..... :solidarity:

Kurt I think was an infp but yea, I am not always right when it comes to typing.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, I don't suppose anyone knows of a good socionics-functions test, do they?

Makes total sense..... :solidarity:

Indeed :yes:

Kurt I think was an infp but yea, I am not always right when it comes to typing.

I do think that there was a thread made concerning him, but I forget where on this site.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Komakino
INTP 6w5 sp/so, or maybe so/sp

Thanks for your input :) What makes you say INTP 6w5 sp/so exactly?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still think you're sx/sp

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not doubting sx/sp at all, it very well could be part of my type :)

I'm also thinking I may be sp/sx. Hm, perhaps I should check older threads for discussion on this topic? :thinking:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK, I've decided I'm this now (thanks to Aleksei):

INFP - 1w9 > p6w7 > 4w5 sx/sp - IEI-ESE

Oh, and Elfboy you were right, I am sx/sp :yes:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
1w9? You said elsewhere you were too "messy" to be a 9w1... :huh:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think 1w9 could work for me. Where did I ever say I was too messy?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 1w9 could work for me. Where did I ever say I was too messy?

well, with 1s there are your moral, justice seeking, heroic, NF 1s and there are your perfectionistic, precise, detail endulging SJ accountant type 1s. there are several subtypes within a given type that give off completely different vibes
for instance
- the athletic, glory seeking 3 vs the smooth talking politician 3 vs the sophisticated socialite 3
- the comedic, entertaining, goofy 7 vs the gutsy mavericky Kamina-esque type 7 vs the more introverted, self pampering 7
- the seemingly endless subtypes of type 6
- the idealistic, spearheading Martin Luther King-esque 8 vs the military commander 8
- the glamorous drama queen diva 4 vs the depressed poet 4

Edit: this is why enneagram is confusing as hell for NFPs like us who evaluate people primarily based on vibes

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
well, with 1s there are your moral, justice seeking, heroic, NF 1s and there are your perfectionistic, precise, detail endulging SJ accountant type 1s. there are several subtypes within a given type that give off completely different vibes
for instance
- the athletic, glory seeking 3 vs the smooth talking politician 3 vs the sophisticated socialite 3
- the comedic, entertaining, goofy 7 vs the gutsy mavericky Kamina-esque type 7 vs the more introverted, self pampering 7
- the seemingly endless subtypes of type 6
- the idealistic, spearheading Martin Luther King-esque 8 vs the military commander 8
- the glamorous drama queen diva 4 vs the depressed poet 4

Moral and justice seeking seems like me in a certain way, I mean my main goal in life is to become a grand leader/ubermensch style being whom creates his own society of just rules derived from his will, ensuring peace and security for ages to come, then be remembered as a god for my acheivments (this reputation doesn't need to be 'good' exactly, just recognition of my greatness and existence). I also want to start my own private cult where I can grant my followers moral direction and love, for their service and loyaty to me in turn.

Edit: this is why enneagram is confusing as hell for NFPs like us who evaluate people primarily based on vibes

Indeed :yes: