• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Is It - The Final Type Me! (At Least For Now . . .)

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
You have no self-awareness of how you might be perceived by others. Lack of "perspective shifts" indicate a low Ni. Your posting has a strong vibe of pretense and of disingenuity.

You are either an ESFP or an ESTP.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Like:

sx/so: the party dude
sp/sx: the individual

Or:

sp/so: usually concerned with maintaining thei own needs via stability of the group
so/sx: want a strong unity with the group so that close relationships are easyer to attain

Something like that.

Oh, I see. :yes: Let's see... From the Ocean Moonshine website:

sx/sp
Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer

sx/so
Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
Familiar roles: provocateur, activist, exhibitionish

sp/so
Motivation: to attain a position of material and societal security.
Familiar Roles: the businessperson, the responsible citizen, the pillar of society.

sp/sx
Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.
Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

so/sp
The motivation for this type is to attain status within their chosen sphere - the "social climber."

so/sx
This type's motivation is to create lasting connections with those they are interested in - the "best friend."

You can read more here.

Also, quick tip - So =/= sheeple. Orwell was an So type because he was attuned to the social atmosphere of his day, which made him a sharp social critic. :wink:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Perch420
You have no self-awareness of how you might be perceived by others. Lack of "perspective shifts" indicate a low Ni. Your posting has a strong vibe of pretense and of disingenuity.

The hell are you talking about? Since when did I not have self-awareness of how others perceive me or a lack of "perspective shifts"? Please give some evidence of what you are talking about.

Originally posted by Viridian
Oh, I see. :yes: Let's see... From the Ocean Moonshine website:
sx/sp
Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer

sx/so
Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
Familiar roles: provocateur, activist, exhibitionish

sp/so
Motivation: to attain a position of material and societal security.
Familiar Roles: the businessperson, the responsible citizen, the pillar of society.

sp/sx
Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.
Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

so/sp
The motivation for this type is to attain status within their chosen sphere - the "social climber."

so/sx
This type's motivation is to create lasting connections with those they are interested in - the "best friend."

Oh cool, thanks for posting :yes:

Let's see, I'd say I'm definitely either an sp/sx or sx/sp based on the descriptions :)

Also, quick tip - So =/= sheeple. Orwell was an So type because he was attuned to the social atmosphere of his day, which made him a sharp social critic.

True, I shouldn't be so quick to stereotype things that aren't true :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

sorry, but this makes just about no sense
1) ESTPs and ESFPs are extremely aware of how they are perceived by others. it's INTPs and INTJs who tend to have the most difficulty with this actually (awareness of how others perceive you is primarily Fe and Se).
2) "self awareness of how others perceive you" self awareness and awareness of how others perceive you are completely different concepts (intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligences)
3) could you explain the pretense and disingenuity? I don't see any of these things in Savage Idealists' posts
4) complete lack of Ni is more a case for NP, ESXPs have Ni as their 4th function, so it comes out in childish or less mature ways. NPs on the other hand have Ne, so saying that an NP would lack Ni completely would make more sense

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Savage Idealist, onece and for all: you are not a 9.

And you have nothing sexual.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
sorry, but this makes just about no sense
1) ESTPs and ESFPs are extremely aware of how they are perceived by others. it's INTPs and INTJs who tend to have the most difficulty with this actually (awareness of how others perceive you is primarily Fe and Se).
2) "self awareness of how others perceive you" self awareness and awareness of how others perceive you are completely different concepts (intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligences)
3) could you explain the pretense and disingenuity? I don't see any of these things in Savage Idealists' posts
4) complete lack of Ni is more a case for NP, ESXPs have Ni as their 4th function, so it comes out in childish or less mature ways. NPs on the other hand have Ne, so saying that an NP would lack Ni completely would make more sense

Thanks you :yes:

Originally posted by Speed Gavroche
Savage Idealist, onece and for all: you are not a 9.

And you have nothing sexual.

Why not?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Speed Gavroche
For the 9 thing, I've ever answered to that question.

:huh: Sorry, I don't remember where you ever mentioned that.

For the Sx thing, you don't try at all to be intense/seducive, like Sx people do.

Sx needsto be intense how? Then what about Sp/Sx?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:huh: Sorry, I don't remember where you ever mentioned that.

you don't strike as a 9 at all/ You are too much nervous, too lmuch intelectual, too much openly anti-authoritarain, anti-conformist and confrontational. 6w7 Sp/So like Millhouse, Woody Allen, Joss Whedon are clearly more like you than 9w8 Sp/So like Dwight Eishenower, Gerald Ford, or Charles Westmoreland from Prison Break.

Sx needsto be intense how? Then what about Sp/Sx?

Hem, it is in the definition.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh yeah, now I remember where you mentioned that. I suppose I could be six first, does anyone else think 6 first in my tri-type is a possibility for me?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Regardless, you have Aspergers. People with mental illnesses cannot be assigned a type.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Perch420
Regardless, you have Aspergers. People with mental illnesses cannot be assigned a type.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Seriously, just stay out of this thread, you contribution isn't helping in the least.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I did not just read this.
Ah.. wait.. I did. Sorries.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD

Jungs original work was only about how the functions related to those with mental illnesses.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I haven't read a single post in this thread, but this makes me laugh. Perch, I like you, in a "watch this train wreck waiting to happen sort of way".

KEEP Driving that train! :D

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

You could write a 200-page paper on how WRONG this is. Some highlights:

* Asperger's is not a mental illness, it's a condition that brings some cognitive advantages as well as some disadvantages;

* People with Asperger's can be typed. It's not like they are insane or sociopathic or something;

* In another thread, you said people with mental illnesses should be sterilized. What does that say about your attitude towards SI?

* You essentially came in a thread SI made in order to discover more about himself, politely requesting feedback from others, to tell him he's defective and consequently untypeable;

* By showing a great lack of tact towards SI, one of the sweetest guys I've met on this forum, you are essentially proving that an Aspie is kinder and more aware of how his attitude affects others than you, which makes your AS = illness theory crumble to dust.

Why are you in this forum again? :huh:

Rant over. Sorry about that.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indeed Perch, for all your rudeness and ignorance, you certainly have created a notorious reputation for yourself. Congradulations.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Viridian
You could write a 200-page paper on how WRONG this is. Some highlights:

* Asperger's is not a mental illness, it's a condition that brings some cognitive advantages as well as some disadvantages;

* People with Asperger's can be typed. It's not like they are insane or sociopathic or something;

* In another thread, you said people with mental illnesses should be sterilized. What does that say about your attitude towards SI?

* You essentially came in a thread SI made in order to discover more about himself, politely requesting feedback from others, to tell him he's defective and consequently untypeable;

* By showing a great lack of tact towards SI, one of the sweetest guys I've met on this forum, you are essentially proving that an Aspie is kinder and more aware of how his attitude affects others than you, which makes your AS = illness theory crumble to dust.

Thank you :yes: :hug:

Why are you in this forum again? :huh:

Rant over. Sorry about that.

Indeed, that is a good question. And rant all you want dude, I'm cool with stuff like that :)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I have seen, it appears that some mental illnesses may be linked to type, and that some people with mental illnesses have apparent types. I know people with bpd where you can clearly see their types, they just have no idea who they are and they can't see them. (And too afraid to look and see themselves, for fear of what they will find).

I think the DSM-IV fails to make this clear. I don't think it was meant to make it clear, but that can add to the confusion of the person being told they are sick. I think the administrator might type the ill person at the same time they are being told they have an illness. That seems fair and might lead to more understanding of themselves and less confusion. Here, you have this mental illness, sure, but THIS is (somewhat) a description of who you are.

btw, I do not think Asperger's is a mental illness lol.....