• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Is It - The Final Type Me! (At Least For Now . . .)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Viridian
That makes a lot of sense. :yes: Do you alternate between extremes of phobicness and counterphobicness? You mentioned being shy, and the p/cp thing is more of an indicative of dominant coping strategy, I think. :thinking:

Kind of; I tend to either be worried about something that I don't agree with (usually when it goes against My Fi/values or socionics Si/comfort). Life job interviews make me tense because I'm being judged and all, and I hate the whole constructed process behind them, as they are uncreatively crafted by all the same mega corporations.

Actually, I think I sorta waiver on the whol p/cp thing, as I tend to be both skeptical and desiring of security, although I don't think I'm that much of a rebel to be cp. :thinking:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think some Sixes have a good balance of phobia and counterphobia, or develop it as they grow so they neither get stuck in obsessive, paralyzing trains of thought nor rush ahead without looking back. :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think some Sixes have a good balance of phobia and counterphobia, or develop it as they grow so they neither get stuck in obsessive, paralyzing trains of thought nor rush ahead without looking back. :yes:

Very true :yes:

Alternatum

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
Are you settled on 9w8 or are you just trying it out for size?

I think 'trying on a type', including putting it in your signature, is a good way of feeling-out whether it fits well or not.

I'd be wary of the type descriptions though - the ones for nines and sixes are often off-putting for INFPs because they tend to be too narrow and downplay type individuality, compared with those for fours (though less so for 6w5, but they may sound too 'harsh' on the other hand). Nines and sixes are probably the two most diverse of the E-types. It all comes down to cognitive patterns/rhythms. Unfortunately these are hard to describe though, but once you 'get' these you can see that the descriptions are merely to be interpreted, not taken literally.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I'd be wary of the type descriptions though - the ones for nines and sixes are often off-putting for INFPs because they tend to be too narrow and downplay type individuality, compared with those for fours (though less so for 6w5, but they may sound too 'harsh' on the other hand). Nines and sixes are probably the two most diverse of the E-types. It all comes down to cognitive patterns/rhythms. Unfortunately these are hard to describe though, but once you 'get' these you can see that the descriptions are merely to be interpreted, not taken literally.

+ 1000 :yes: 6w5s in particular get the short end of the stick in profiles... I mean, Nixon? Hitler? John Hickley, Jr.? Jerry Falwell? Yes, profile writers, let's focus on all the bigots, corrupt politicians and nutcases! That'll stimulate people to learn more about their personality! :doh:

For the record, AFAIK:

6 =/= wimpy 8
6 =/= wimpy 1

Typology is not some sort of caste system where some people are inherently better than others. :nono:

/rant over, sorry

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ it's true.

i'm still trying to understand the overall 6 vibe. i think i understand all the others pretty well but that one continues to evade me.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Alternatum
Are you settled on 9w8 or are you just trying it out for size?

I think 'trying on a type', including putting it in your signature, is a good way of feeling-out whether it fits well or not.

Right now I am just trying on the outfit that is 9w8. It has a nice fit, but like any new outfit feels a little funny. Only time will tell if it truly fits me. :)

This is so very true, The description are far too presumptious and assuming to be taken without a grain of salt. :yes: Rather I usually try to gauge what the type is by the essential qualities that define it.

+1000 :yes: 6w5s in particular get the short end of the stick in profiles... I mean, Nixon? Hitler? John Hickley, Jr.? Jerry Falwell? Yes, profile writers, let's focus on all the bigots, corrupt politicians and nutcases! That'll stimulate people to learn more about their personality!

I knwo, it's so annoying because when I see examples of real people I think to myself 'alright if I can identify with these people then maybe I'm this type' but who in their right mind would identify with people like Nixon or Hitler (well ok some, but not many)?

For the record, AFAIK:

6 =/= wimpy 8
6 =/= wimpy 1

Typology is not some sort of caste system where some people are inherently better than others.

Agreed. :yes:

Originally posted by skylights
i'm still trying to understand the overall 6 vibe. i think i understand all the others pretty well but that one continues to evade me.

I think 6 is something of cross between a ver skeptical person and very loyal person. 6's desire secuirty because they feel unsafe in this world; ultimatley they seek something to offer that secuirty, like an institution, or law, or society, or some kind of metaphorical or real shelter. However they won't accept just any shelter as some may not provide them with the secuirty they seek, thus they become skeptical ot if in their quest to find something that they can truly trust. Once they find that trustworthy thing they become part of it and stay loyal to it.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think 6 is something of cross between a ver skeptical person and very loyal person. 6's desire secuirty because they feel unsafe in this world; ultimatley they seek something to offer that secuirty, like an institution, or law, or society, or some kind of metaphorical or real shelter. However they won't accept just any shelter as some may not provide them with the secuirty they seek, thus they become skeptical ot if in their quest to find something that they can truly trust. Once they find that trustworthy thing they become part of it and stay loyal to it.

That seems to be the gist of it, though I wonder if the online profiles exaggerate a little the Six's paranoia... I don't think they're all like that monk from Ladyhawke - you know, the one played by Leo McKern - or Col. Jessup from A Few Good Men.

Come to think of it, a lot of fictional villains are Sixes... Maybe that's why they get a bad rap? :thinking:

In any case, good luck trying out 9w8! I'm ready to help if you have any more questions. :hug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That seems to be the gist of it, though I wonder if the online profiles exaggerate a little the Six's paranoia... I don't think they're all like that monk from Ladyhawke - you know, the one played by Leo McKern - or Col. Jessup from A Few Good Men.

Come to think of it, a lot of fictional villains are Sixes... Maybe that's why they get a bad rap? :thinking:

Perhaps they are over-represented as villians because parinoia makes for an interesting villian. Because sixes are too commonly portrayed as such kinds of people is why people tend t see them as only that. Well that's just one theory.

In any case, good luck trying out 9w8! I'm ready to help if you have any more questions. :hug:

Thanks for the support :hug:

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
6 - I don't think so. Fearful. Scared.

9 - I can believe.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by chachamaru
6 - I don't think so. Fearful. Scared.

9 - I can believe.

Great consice ways of summing up the types do more please I identify with 9 more in this case :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Soooo I'm liking 9w8 as my first tri-type, but I'm starting to rethink the other two; here's what I am now compared to what I may be:

Now: 9w8 > 4w5 > cp6w5

Maybe: 9w8 > 5w4 > 2w1

Anyone see any 5 or 2 qualities within me? Any additional thoughts to this possible new type?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You remind me Millhouse from The Simpsons. I guess you are a 6w7 Sp/So. Or 6w5.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Speed Gavroche
You remind me Millhouse from The Simpsons. I guess you are a 6w7 Sp/So. Or 6w5.

I am not! Millhouse is a completly nerdy geek who's a buttmonkey that is all weird and who am I kidding, of course I'm similar to Millhouse. :laugh:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's see,

INFP 9w8

ESFP 6w5

:confused: What does an INFP 9w8 and ESFP 6w5 look like?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's see,

INFP 9w8

ESFP 6w5

:confused: What does an INFP 9w8 and ESFP 6w5 look like?

you're way too Ne/Fi to be SFP :yes: I still think you're 9w8 and INFP (possibly ENFP)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not! Millhouse is a completly nerdy geek who's a buttmonkey that is all weird and who am I kidding, of course I'm similar to Millhouse. :laugh:

Yes, you are very similar to me. But more counterphobic.:yes:

What does an INFP 9w8 and ESFP 6w5 look like?

An INFP 9w8 is a guy like Kennu Reeves, for example.
An ESFP 6w5 is impossible, or almost.

In your video, you don't strike as a 9 at all/ You are too much nervous, too lmuch intelectual, too much openly anti-authoritarain, anti-conformist and confrontational. 6w7 Sp/So like Millhouse, Woody Allen, Joss Whedon are clearly more like you than 9w8 Sp/So like Dwight Eishenower, Gerald Ford, or Charles Westmoreland from Prison Break.

That link can allow you to compare:http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, you are very similar to me. But more counterphobic.:yes:

An INFP 9w8 is a guy like Kennu Reeves, for example.
An ESFP 6w5 is impossible, or almost.
In your video, you don't strike as a 9 at all/ You are too much nervous, too lmuch intelectual, too much openly anti-authoritarain, anti-conformist and confrontational. 6w7 Sp/So like Millhouse, Woody Allen, Joss Whedon are clearly more like you than 9w8 Sp/So like Dwight Eishenower, Gerald Ford, or Charles Westmoreland from Prison Break.

and yet an ESTP 6 isn't?