• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on our conversations, yes, I'd stick with the ESxP reading.

ENTPs are completely different animals.

... not that it matters. I still like having you around, Whatever. :)

Hey, if she scored ENTP on tests ever since high school, then it's entirely likely that she's an ENTP.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Which brings me to this: Can you fake a personality?

I just don't think so..

I don't think so either. I think people can pretend to be some other personality or otherwise they have some real mental issues. MBTI types are desinged to describe healthy personalities (so I have read).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think so either. I think people can pretend to be some other personality or otherwise they have some real mental issues. MBTI types are desinged to describe healthy personalities (so I have read).

I tend not to believe there is a such thing as a healthy or unhealthy personality. That's more of a socially created perspective. Certain types are considered more unhealthy in society at large than others -- mainly N types -- even though, universally, that is untrue. And let's not forget that on the Internet, it is much easier for a person to pretend to be someone they're not.

Whatever, don't listen to anyone here. If you confirm you're an ENTP, then you're an ENTP. There's a difference between a person's observable behavior and what goes on in their inner psyche. You're an ENTP on the inside, and the inside is what's you. :)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
it is much easier for a person to pretend to be someone they're not.

Whatever, don't listen to anyone here. If you confirm you're an ENTP, then you're an ENTP. There's a difference between a person's observable behavior and what goes on in their inner psyche. You're an ENTP on the inside, and the inside is what's you. :)

I wasn't suggesting Whatever couldn't be ENTJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can try lying to yourself about your type ;)

Ns don't fit in at all where I'm from... I'm nothing if not adaptable- funny how some people picked up on it and others didn't... I almost convinced myself :blush:

and Introversion and Extroversion- that was genuine- I explained that around here somewhere after starting a thread asking a question :)

please realize- nothing I did was out of malice :cry:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think I agree with Mom here. The MBTI describes an adolescent version of that type, fairly undeveloped. As soon as development comes into play it gets quite murky.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You did a good impression of S in my eyes, by keeping the trail of thoughts more linear and less branching - you avoided to connect to all relevant issues in all situations. I don't consider myself fooled of your personality with that, I was evaluating persona in any case :)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
please realize- nothing I did was out of malice :cry:
^^^ EP. Can't see the lamp-post bearing down on their noggin cause the floor has interesting bits stuck on it and the clouds are pretty etc etc.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I should be surprised. I'm not.

Since I've met you I've been thinking: "Hm... seems ESTPs can really seem a helluva lot like ENTPs online. Impossible to tell some of them apart." This makes more sense.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I should be surprised. I'm not.

Since I've met you I've been thinking: "Hm... seems ESTPs can really seem a helluva lot like ENTPs online. Impossible to tell some of them apart." This makes more sense.
They do anyway. The ENTP and the ESFP I know sound similar it's just one is working on pattern and the other on instances. It makes for great arguments.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hug: wildcat! :)

I've been rather amazed at what influence a person's type underneath thier avatar has... I've been amazed that people frequently overlook posts with double meanings...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
*mouse is now sad that she has to look at another ESTP for behavioral modelling*

Kidding! Very ENTP of you to run experiments on us without informed consent! I do admit there's a lot of sensor bias around. Or rather just plain type bias. I know that I respond differently to people based on my perception on how the person will react. And those labels... type, gender, avatars mess with my mind. :doh:

Question would be how might you go about changing such?

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Question would be how might you go about changing such?

Can't change the way authoritariann types think... they'll always need a yardstick of some sort. If not that, it will be something else. Someone even said they see post-count as a status thing. I'm here to learn and need those types there... and, thus far, place no value judgement on them.

Edit.. I'm actually workingit out between this and the other thread.. doubt I ever will place a value... not on type... but individuals for sure.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not friends with any ESTPs in real life, but I have a good friend who's ESFP and I love her. Her lively, fun, spontaneous, always running late personality reminds me of Whatever's on this forum. I also get along with a number of ENTPs, so the fact that I clicked with Whatever isn't surprising to me.

In any case, I have to say it was a pretty good masquerade, although that quote about how people weren't picking up her double meanings should have tipped us off.

Jae Rae