• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
omag twtf is this for real? omgs i lov yous enors or not!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm... I understand your reasoning, but I'm not sure what it's proven... like the dude said, anyone who might've been thinking "you know I don't normally like ESTP's" or "ESTP's and sensors generally are xyz but this one's really cool and has changed my mind" will now be going right back to their original state, they'll be saying "Ahhhh so that explains it. I only liked that ESTP because she wasn't an ESTP at all."

And as for you being the same person, I'm really not sure whether that's the case though... if as you say you've been playing up your Se and playing down your Ne, you've effectively come across as a different person. The person I 'analyzed' the analyze a member thread was the persona that was being presented to the forum, which as you've now admitted, wasn't the real you.

So now I feel like I've got to get to know a different person from scratch.

And you've also added to any anti-ENTP bias that says we're a bunch of lying scheming so-and-so's and that we're fakers who pretend to be whatever fits our purposes.

I don't condemn what you did or anything, but I just don't think it was a particularly effective way of making the point you wanted to make (which I think is a valid one FTR).

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Welcome to the darkside, Whatever.:devil:

Because of you, Miss. Whatever, I now officially hate Intuitive's: Especially ENTP's, they are evil tyrants and trick me.;)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Cool social experiment. It was fun to like an ESTP, and later 7w8 :laugh:

I'm not sure how that character acting affected my interaction with you, not having chatted with you without acts on.

Are you really an 7w8? I've felt a connection of understanding with all the self-pronounced 7w8's in here, tho everyone was of course different.

Anyways, welcome to the club of ENTP's :D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Just as a side-remark, this will put the top 3 places of high-monitoring individuals on the board for the camp of ENTP's :whistling:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Hmm rather disappointing. Reinforces the negative side of ENTPs and fails to achieve anything for ESTPs. As for type bias, I have to wonder if it's worth spending time trying to get the blind to a point where they stop hitting their heads on low hanging branches. Just let natural selection sort it out.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs are such good liars. I envy them.

Welcome to the clan. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Whatever. This sounds a lot more like her than an ENTP, who I can imagine is extremely analytical (with auxiliary Ti).

ESFP

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.

[sauce]

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Which brings me to this: Can you fake a personality?

I just don't think so..

nemo

Enneagram
<3
I'm skeptical.

However, as long as you still like leather jackets, drinking, smoking, punk rock, and beating people up, you're alright by me. ;) Type doesn't change awesomeness.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which brings me to this: Can you fake a personality?

I just don't think so..

Sure you can, especially ENTPs! They pretty much impersonate other characters anyway! :D ESTPs impersonate themselves, so they are, by nature, more real.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever. This sounds a lot more like her than an ENTP, who I can imagine is extremely analytical (with auxiliary Ti).

Based on our conversations, yes, I'd stick with the ESxP reading.

ENTPs are completely different animals.

... not that it matters. I still like having you around, Whatever. :)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
NT is characterised by mental flexibility. Most NTs can flex and adapt pretty well.

As for ENTPs being good at lying, it depends upon the person. Many liars are fooling themselves more than they fool others and INTJs are very good liars, just not in these terms. Mostly through pounding their point home regardless of opposition convincing themselves that they have all the relevant material. It takes a lot of work to point out that piece of con artistry.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

[sauce]

Don't you get it? She was putting on that image, silly! Besides, what ENTP isn't the life of the party? :D (And what INTJ isn't?)

Besides, when we PM'd each other a couple of times (or communicated through the rep system for convenience), she talked about noticing other members' typing patterns and was able to detect when members were under stress. That's classic Ne right there. But I didn't want to question her type, because she knows herself better than anyone else.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I remember another "score" where two ENTPs top the chart now, as I recall it.. it's the "how many five year olds can you win in a fight" test :devil: