• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENFP now?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
33 25 12 33
I saw this coming. My strongest functions were Ti, Fi, Ne, the last time I checked, Te much stronger than Fe.

I really don't care about it much either way, I know what I am and I live my life regardless of type.

I actually did this test out of guessing I've changed to ESTP lately, as I've been more impulsive.

Now that I think of it, I've grown to accept my feelings as a valid information making method, and I'm much less inhibited now than I've been before.

I've scored ENFP in the absolute happiest times in my life, like now :) Should this prove I'm ENFP, or should I think of this as something transitory? Like that falling in love elicits the use of F function, which regresses to mean when the relationship stabilizes, making me score as an ENTP again?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would rather rely on type descriptions than on online tests when defining your type.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I've read in the descriptions of ENFP that "everyone" becomes ENFP when they are in love. Let me grab the source.

It might be argued that each type, when first in love, resembles a garden-variety ENFP, because ENFPs normally behave like people in love. Some of the cultural cliches about falling in love - such as "Falling in love with love," "Head over heels in love," "Love is blind," "All the world loves a lover," and "Throw caution to the wind" - seem to apply to the ENFP. This same boundless affection can be showered upon friends, co-workers, and others. People often feel unconditionally loved by ENFPs, but over time many of these relationships dissipate, as in "When I'm not near the ones I love, I love the ones I'm near."

[source]

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thanks Dana, that sounds sensible.

I read some of ENFP, and I didn't find a greater match with those decriptions than what I found with ENTP.

I really didn't feel more an F than a T before taking the test. I did feel more F than before; but I think the error comes from the calculating method in the online tests.

I took a test with forced choice questions from 2 possible responses.
Many of the T/F questions were either slightly in favor of F, or strongly in favor of T. Even tho I was slightly in favor of T as a whole, the testing method made me select more of the F choices, giving me an erroneous T/F score.

This would make me recommend against the use of two-choice personality type questionnaires.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
But do you think you use Ti as opposed to Te? Because my Te-ness was very obvious to me, so it was easy to commit to the ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si).

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think I use Te quite a lot, but Ti even more .. most of any function, perhaps.

I don't believe in strict ordering of functions per MBTI theory, but I do believe that one can find a best match between person's actual function ranking and those of different MBTI types.

Fe function score is my worst, but that may be because of the images I associate with the CognitiveFunctions Fe questions. They make me think of some formal occasions like weddings and funerals, whereas my dealings with people are most often immediate, informal, personal and funny.

Also, CognitiveFunctions Fe questions make me think of a scheming plotter and a rumor starter, which I ain't. I'm also not planning on any use of feelings very much. Of course I use people skills to my advantage, but more so to everyone's advantage.

Electric

MBTI Type
entj

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Typing by function is dangerously tricky. There are many more variables involved.

Type does not change with mood, your mood does and hence what you fancy (your preference) is affected, not directly though.

If you want to know what type you are then you must find what is classically you and then compare that with the type descriptions.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think there's a mood change and a quantization error in the test which enhances it. I have a lot of strong T responses to the test, but even more weak F responses. Rest of the responses balance out, but the test doesn't ask whether something is a strong or a weak response - it counts them all the same.

If the test would have given a 5-option answers on the scale..
Agree strongly on A
Agree weakly on A
No opinion
Agree weakly on B
Agree strongly on B

and the test would have made a weighed average of my responses, the test would have correctly identified me as T.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think there's a mood change and a quantization error in the test which enhances it. I have a lot of strong T responses to the test, but even more weak F responses. Rest of the responses balance out, but the test doesn't ask whether something is a strong or a weak response - it counts them all the same.

If the test would have given a 5-option answers on the scale..
Agree strongly on A
Agree weakly on A
No opinion
Agree weakly on B
Agree strongly on B

and the test would have made a weighed average of my responses, the test would have correctly identified me as T.
A implies B does not imply that B implies A. But it often does.

Your answers may make it read ENTP but you may be an ENTJ. Sometimes it's all in the interpretation.

What is classically you? That is the essence of you and can probably be relayed in those often told storied of how you screwed up horribly and with great embarrassment.

IMO it's the flaws we lose last when developing.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've scored ENFP in the absolute happiest times in my life, like now :) Should this prove I'm ENFP, or should I think of this as something transitory? Like that falling in love elicits the use of F function, which regresses to mean when the relationship stabilizes, making me score as an ENTP again?

Youre seeking connection and meaning....this should be a definite proof that youre ENFP!! :D
As for F stabalising after being in relationship for long, I see it as the novice wearing off of something that was new and exciting at that time. I dont think its got anything to do with F and T functions....but rather a very very ENFP trait :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Greatest embarrassments ever..
-answered a question in a huge math lecture (400 audience) correctly, failed to answer a follow-up question, got huge laughs on me
-girl I loved made jokes at me, getting everybody to laugh at me, and treated me with ridicule in general.
-had started a business and invested greatly in it, telling about my plans and living the life on a novice entrepreneur. I couldn't learn everything related to it, burned out and I was a low-lifer again.
-not being able to hide my being a sexual person at a point of youth when I was insecure about it. Won't elaborate on this much, just that I was afraid to let it known that I had just a normal sexuality.
-holding a speech in front of audience of 100 at a time of life when I was insecure about public performing, not being able to speak with magnificence, confidence and not being able to appear as a verbal and an intelligent person. Not being able to meet the expectations of the audience and meet the criteria for the performance.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Greatest embarrassments ever..
-answered a question in a huge math lecture (400 audience) correctly, failed to answer a follow-up question, got huge laughs on me
-girl I loved made jokes at me, getting everybody to laugh at me, and treated me with ridicule in general.
-had started a business and invested greatly in it, telling about my plans and living the life on a novice entrepreneur. I couldn't learn everything related to it, burned out and I was a low-lifer again.
-not being able to hide my being a sexual person at a point of youth when I was insecure about it. Won't elaborate on this much, just that I was afraid to let it known that I had just a normal sexuality.
-holding a speech in front of audience of 100 at a time of life when I was insecure about public performing, not being able to speak with magnificence, confidence and not being able to appear as a verbal and an intelligent person. Not being able to meet the expectations of the audience and meet the criteria for the performance.

:shock: :huh: What u on about?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
:shock: :huh: What u on about?
What is classically you? That is the essence of you and can probably be relayed in those often told storied of how you screwed up horribly and with great embarrassment.

IMO it's the flaws we lose last when developing.
So I focused on the embarrassment part of screwing up.

Xander, can you analyze from my responses what personality type they indicate? They are from ages 11-27 I think.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay I wasn't actually expecting an exposee. I'll not quote it incase you decide to delete it. Suffice to say that such transparency is more characteristic of an ENFP to my experience. Plus you have more examples of others being mean to you or your "logic machine" breaking down than you do where you stick your foot in your mouth and try to lick your inner thigh. I therefore guestimate your an ENFP.

I'm not saying "this is your type, go forth and proclaim yourself healed". I just prefer to be transparent about where my thinking is at.

Btw, do you feel that it is improbable that one type can actually suit you well enough to encompass all of your variety?

Edit :- 11-27? Jeez! You extroverted types and trying to squeeze so much into so few years. Not even thirty and been self employed already!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Okay I wasn't actually expecting an exposee. I'll not quote it incase you decide to delete it. Suffice to say that such transparency is more characteristic of an ENFP to my experience. Plus you have more examples of others being mean to you or your "logic machine" breaking down than you do where you stick your foot in your mouth and try to lick your inner thigh. I therefore guestimate your an ENFP.
None of the embarrassments are any issue anymore. Interesting observations, Xander - I'll give them a thought. Still, being open about the issues isn't very indicative of my type, because I consider them as amusing or endearing more than anything else at the moment.
I'm not saying "this is your type, go forth and proclaim yourself healed". I just prefer to be transparent about where my thinking is at.
Yes of course ;)
Btw, do you feel that it is improbable that one type can actually suit you well enough to encompass all of your variety?
I've long thought I'm a particularly badly definable person in MBTI, having many traits of ENTP,ENTJ and ENFP, even some INTP and ENFJ. I don't let my life depend on closure on this subject, so no worries, mate ;) I'm perfrectly fine with ambiguity now that I've placed less importance on personality type and more on my actual life.

Edit :- 11-27? Jeez! You extroverted types and trying to squeeze so much into so few years. Not even thirty and been self employed already!
And failed miserably! :laugh:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Apologies for the misdirection but there were buried testers in that post.

I shall illuminate as I go.
None of the embarrassments are any issue anymore. Interesting observations, Xander - I'll give them a thought. Still, being open about the issues isn't very indicative of my type, because I consider them as amusing or endearing more than anything else at the moment.
The choice of words (amusing, endearing) would be more indicative of an ENFP to my eyes plus not being defensive about failures and kind of laughing, shrugging and going "well, you know" is also more like the ENFPs I've known than most other types, well except ESFP and ESTP but I don't think you're considering those at present are you?
Yes of course ;)
Always and ever in reference to probability.

I'd like to think that I don't ever really judge, merely analyse the probabilities and act accordingly.

Probably fail miserably though :D
I've long thought I'm a particularly badly definable person in MBTI, having many traits of ENTP,ENTJ and ENFP, even some INTP and ENFJ. I don't let my life depend on closure on this subject, so no worries, mate ;) I'm perfrectly fine with ambiguity now that I've placed less importance on personality type and more on my actual life.
You sound more ENFP from this too. Basically you make some movement toward "thinking" types but it seems more of an off handed gesture. I@d expect and ENTP to go more for the "logical" types.

Oh and ENFPs and ENTPs tend to claim that they cannot be "pigeon-holed" and will rattle the bars as it were. They are all possibility and being typed seems far too final for their ever shifting nature.
And failed miserably! :laugh:
I bet you learned a lot. Wish I had the cajones to do likewise.

I've had this conversation with an ENFP before in fact. Kudos for trying, screw if it was considered a success or not.

Anyhow I'm developing a bias now so I'll shut up and see what you reckon.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I felt the need to also mention that socionics is not the same as the mbti, or at least many sources stress this.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Strengths and preferences are faulty in my experience. I've been scoring INTP and ESTJ on those kinds of test consistently. So you may actually still be an INFP in a phase.

The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality stylesENFP
The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality stylesINFP

I have found these socionic profiles very informing. They tell you the fears and nightmares of each type!!

What stereotypical dreck! But now you didn't ask for those websites to be made, did you? I forgive you.