• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another Type me thread!!!

my type???

• ENFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • eNFP

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iNFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • INFJ

• inFj

• enFj

• ENTP

• INTP

• NFP is all im sure of.

• Total voters

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
ok people, Heres the deal, im looking to get as close to definitive on what my type is as possible, I am fairly Certain of the P at least,lol... most of the stuff people would normally attribute to J, are things ive forced myself to learn how to do, same goes with Fe, most of the things people ive been talking to about it ascribe to Fe are things I have forced myself to do, and takes a lot of effort... but im still not sure... so I am open to any questions you may have that may help with the typing, Im leaning towards probably being ENFP but im open to discussion... also, id appreciate some nice clear definitions of Fe-Fi and Ne-Ni

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
oh, and I may not answer every question, but to help with the decision process, I am ADD, OCD, and have a social phobia.

The_World_As_Will

:Hi: there curator, Well I'll try to help you on your endeavor here, I think you have to really look at the functions if you were an ENFP, you would use Ne as a dominant function, as i'm sure you know, and Si as your inferior function, compared to an INFP (Fi -dom Te- infer.) What i've noticed, the best way to determine the two would be to firstly examine how you are under stress, ENFPs will be like ISTJs and INFPs will use Te and seem like ESTJs, so that would be a very good indicator, and secondly, and quite oddly, would be how you were as a child, the descriptions below may help.

Here (ENFP description)

here (INFP description)

here (IFP as children)

here (ENP as children)

I Hope the links help in your search!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From my many observations, and especially with some of today's insight, I'm revising my opinion to surely some xNFP.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
thanks! I will check out the links now! one thing that originally led me to thinking I was an INFP ws that the ESTJ sounded really similar to the almost separate protective "self" I built as a shell for my emotional sqishy bits to deal with extreme trauma when i was younger, but ive noticed as I read about ISTJ that sounded similar as well... plus I tended to withdraw a lot more during times of stress...severely Avoidant, but have been working on that... I will go read now. thanks

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
:Hi: there curator, Well I'll try to help you on your endeavor here, I think you have to really look at the functions if you were an ENFP, you would use Ne as a dominant function, as i'm sure you know, and Si as your inferior function, compared to an INFP (Fi -dom Te- infer.) What i've noticed, the best way to determine the two would be to firstly examine how you are under stress, ENFPs will be like ISTJs and INFPs will use Te and seem like ESTJs, so that would be a very good indicator, and secondly, and quite oddly, would be how you were as a child, the descriptions below may help.

Here (ENFP description)

here (INFP description)

here (IFP as children)

here (ENP as children)

I Hope the links help in your search!

hmmm, I relate to both ENFP and INFP, but I notice that if I think of how I am when depression is not an issue, I relate much more to ENFP.

the IFP vs ENP I relate to both ALMOST equally, but a a bit more to the ENP if you toss some depression and social phobia into the mix.

The_World_As_Will

hmmm, I relate to both ENFP and INFP, but I notice that if I think of how I am when depression is not an issue, I relate much more to ENFP.

the IFP vs ENP I relate to both ALMOST equally, but a a bit more to the ENP if you toss some depression and social phobia into the mix.

Well I think you have your answer :) , without overanalysing things to death, perhaps you should browse some forums (there is an enfp forum) as it's more type-centric, It may help you understand yourself better, or atleast you have some type of solidarity there which I think is useful. though those types of forums do often lead to a homogenous diaster at times lol, I'm glad that you could find your answer :)

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
thanks, wow, this was far less of a circus than I notice these threads normally becoming o_O... im glad there was no circus,lol...

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
From what I've seen, I think you're an INFP. But if you feel that you may be an E, then try the clothes on for a while and see if they fit you better :hug:

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
they seem to, but I am not entirely sure yet, but it seems to fit me far better than the INFP, when depression and severe stress are out of the picture... to be blunt, no one on this forum except luna has ever seen me without stress and depression out of the picture...lol...its a tough month...

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
btw I am still open to being asked more questions and stuff, I am open to more exploration on this...

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I just think you're a bit too shy for an ENFP - and I also thought you were a woman for quite a while :blush:
(Sorry about that, blame your avatar.)
You also seem very gentle and calm, but you may of course be more intense IRL.
On the other hand, you accepted the FB-add rather quickly, so you're not extremely private - and, yeah, I know you've had a hard time lately :hug:

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Its ok, Im transgender, I wish I was a woman, sooo no harm with that...

Also, I have a social phobia,lol, im fairly reserved if I am not comfortable, and as you may be able to tell from the recent rep I sent you, far less reserved once I start to get comfortable :) when im REALLY doin well, like High on happiness kind of well, I will put most E's to shame with my dazzling charisma and energy... or so my friend Amy said...lol...

edit: those are the words she used to describe it,LOL, well specifically she described it as my "Adorably dazzling charisma." I slightly disagree with such a grandiose description however,lol

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Its ok, Im transgender, I wish I was a woman, sooo no harm with that...
You can still be a woman to me if you want to :hug:

Also, I have a social phobia,lol, im fairly reserved if I am not comfortable, and as you may be able to tell from the recent rep I sent you, far less reserved once I start to get comfortable :)
*Giggles*

when im REALLY doin well, like High on happiness kind of well, I will put most E's to shame with my dazzling charisma and energy... or so my friend Amy said...lol...

edit: those are the words she used to describe it,LOL, well specifically she described it as my "Adorably dazzling charisma." I slightly disagree with such a grandiose description however,lol

I'm a bit confused with my own I/E - and something Arclight wrote gave me new insights... *will look for thread later to link* ETA: Here goes
It was something like: If you go to a movie, and someone suggests going to a cafe or pub after the movie; Do you join them,or do you go home?
Like; all of us appreciate being with other people from time to time, but some never seem to get enough of it.
I'm almost always among the last people leaving the party, the last person going to bed (don't want to miss anything). My boyfriend is even worse, he has to be dragged home ;)

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
hmmm, that sounds like me, IF its a comfortable environment, people I like, who arent all snorting lines off the counter, I get a bit uncomfortable then, for multiple reasons... otherwise, if I enjoy the company of the people I am with, it would be difficult to get me to leave:p... If i DONT enjoy their company much, even if they are relatively nice people, but just rub me the wrong way... then I cannot wait to escape...

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
oh, and I forgot to mention earlier, I am fairly calm and laid back at most times in real life, except when I get excited, and my mind stimulated, I am off the walls intense, talking and talking and talking and talking and talking...lol... I spend so much time on here cause since moving to care for my mom, I have no social outlet but the internet now.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that your ENFP, your demeanor from what I have seen in your posts seems rather energetic, and you seem more like an Ne dom than a Fi dom. Also if you take into account your social phobia, you may be mistaking shy extroversion with introversion.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
This sounds likely Savage, thanks for the input, Im pretty sure im ENFP at this point, as sure as i can be at this time with my limited knowledge of the functions, but im still willing to accept more information, field more questions, whatever anyone thinks will increase the accuracy of my typing.

btw, this could also explain why when I would get cross faded in the past (drunk and high at the same time) i would become the life of the party, literally, After the first time I gave in to peer pressure, I got invited to literally every major party in the area for nearly a year after that, I was so flattered by the invites, but so scared by the size of said party, and knowing they pretty much expected me to get the same way again after the first few I went to, that I decided to hide,lol... it was definitely my social phobia in that case I think though...im going to try and take the test again and take into account my social phobia and try to separate that from my natural tendencies...

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
But can you really separate social phobia from the rest of your personality?
Not to be difficult, I'm just asking :confused:
If I for instance was a sociopath, could I say that I am a Feeler deep down inside, if you look away from my sociopathic tendencies? :blink:
I would think social phobia is quite integrated in who you are (although I have no personal experience with either that or sociopathy.)
(Just for the record; I'm not suggesting that social phobia and sociopathy have anything to do with eachother, except for influencing social interaction style.)

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
But can you really separate social phobia from the rest of your personality?
Not to be difficult, I'm just asking :confused:
If I for instance was a sociopath, could I say that I am a Feeler deep down inside, if you look away from my sociopathic tendencies? :blink:
I would think social phobia is quite integrated in who you are (although I have no personal experience with either that or sociopathy.)
(Just for the record; I'm not suggesting that social phobia and sociopathy have anything to do with eachother, except for influencing social interaction style.)

The difference is the sociopath is born that way(or at least thats what the evidence shows, there is no definitive proof either way at this time from what ive read.), those with a social phobia are not, its biological vs psychological, although social phobia can come about from a primarily Biological issue, such as my OCD which was apparent from when I was even a toddler... Plus I can recognize that my social phobia is wrong, and is NOT how I want to interact with the environment, not to mention ive been able to reduce it slightly over time, and still am...

from what I gather of Cognitive function so far, is that type is determined by the way you naturally take in and process the world around you, and how you relate to that world... (correct me if im wrong please) where as various disorders after that, are not actually part of your basic preferred cognitive functions, but act as a filter in front of them...

Like lets say you go on one of those dating websites that have you do a full profile thing, that filters users based on personality and everything like that (in this case, the other users are the "outside world" and somewhere along the line, there was a glitch, that added a whole new dimension to the filtering, that has nothing to do with your true preferences...
the results you receive would obviously be quite off, and youd probably recognize them as such eventually...

Now imagine you then recognize whats off, and try to alter it, but you dont have direct access to the code, and the developers are not answering your emails, so you are now trying to find ways around this glitch to get involved in the community there and with the people in a way that feel right, but this glitch constantly gets in your way...

And that is kind of how my social phobia has effected me... sometimes I can get around the glitch, and its totally awesome and invigorating and I feel charged up and happy about it for weeks after... sometimes the glitch just looms to big and scary over me, and its like im just sitting there trying to decipher some crazy email translated from a foreign language...ive kind of gotten the hang of it over time, but it still makes me want to go hide in a hole somewhere... Could I be iNFP? totally possible, but I do not believe the reasoning given for that possibility lately makes much sense, as far as what i understand of cognitive functions so far goes...which admittedly i do not feel is nearly as much as id like it to be...

I just realized that this is the first type me thread ive ever seen in which nobody has really asked me any questions about "me" meant to help figure out the type, its kind of funny,lol. its mostly just observations, which are all valid... we shall see.