• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Viridian's Enneatype?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Viridian
Thanks for the response! :D

Sure thing :)

Well, I thought the distinction was that Threes focus on achieving success, while Sixes focus on avoiding failure. Does that sound right?

Three does try to acheive success because it fears that it is not productive or worthy enough if it doesn't. Six on the other hand is anxious about thw world so they look for security wherever they can find it (paridoxically they are also skeptical of certain types of security).

Profile descriptions could be part of why I'm reluctant to say Nine... They're supposed to be these "don't worry, be happy" types, but thing is, I seldom get relaxed enough to truly enjoy something, always feeling anxious about what will happen when "playtime" is over, as well as guilty for not using my free time to do something to be less of a burden... :(

Perhpas then you are not core nine, or rather, 9 is a wing to one of your other types. What your described could easily be 6 or 3, maybe even 1w9... but either way, I suppose we can eliminate 9 as a possible type, leaving 8 and 1 open for your gut section of the tryad.

So far:

Gut: 8 or 1

Head: 6 or 5

Heart: 3 or 4 or maybe 2

It's not like I'm bullied or anything (though I was, briefly, in middle school), but I keep thinking I'm one of the "types" my classmates loathe. Journalism university consists, for me, of politically active NTs groaning at SJ professionals, if you get my drift.

Ouch, an NF surrounded by all those NT's and SJ's, I feel for you man.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Three does try to acheive success because it fears that it is not productive or worthy enough if it doesn't. Six on the other hand is anxious about thw world so they look for security wherever they can find it (paridoxically they are also skeptical of certain types of security).

Perhpas then you are not core nine, or rather, 9 is a wing to one of your other types. What your described could easily be 6 or 3, maybe even 1w9... but either way, I suppose we can eliminate 9 as a possible type, leaving 8 and 1 open for your gut section of the tryad.

Well, Threes seem to enjoy attention and are usually go-getters - those traits are pretty much NOT me. I'm not one of those "enterpreneurish" types, and books about "how to become successful", no matter how good, kinda bore me. :shrug:
I prefer my spare time and less external attention to "success".

So far:

Gut: 8 or 1

Head: 6 or 5

Heart: 3 or 4 or maybe 2

Nine could still be on my tritype, though... I'm usually perceived as a "nice guy", or so I hear, though I often suspect people pity me or something. The head center, I think, could be 5w4 or 6w5 - I'm nowhere as analytical as most 5w6s.

Ouch, an NF surrounded by all those NT's and SJ's, I feel for you man.

Some of them are actually pretty nice. I just feel a bit like they're out of my league... (Heaven forbid they find out I read manga, or that I like stuffed animals :blush:). Thanks for the kind words! :hug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, Threes seem to enjoy attention and are usually go-getters - those traits are pretty much NOT me. I'm not one of those "enterpreneurish" types, and books about "how to become successful", no matter how good, kinda bore me.
I prefer my spare time and less external attention to "success".

Alright, then core 3 is definitely out then, six's though could still still have that same type of previously mentioned anxiety.

Nine could still be on my tritype, though... I'm usually perceived as a "nice guy", or so I hear, though I often suspect people pity me or something. The head center, I think, could be 5w4 or 6w5 - I'm nowhere as analytical as most 5w6s.

Alright, so gut could still be any one of the three. Head is proabably a six, heart is either 4 or 2 then.

Some of them are actually pretty nice. I just feel a bit like they're out of my league... (Heaven forbid they find out I read manga, or that I like stuffed animals :blush). Thanks for the kind words! :hug:

There ain't nothing to be ashamed about concerning manga and stuffed animals, both those things are perfectly cool :hug:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Whoa! Ninja response! :shock:

Alright, then core 3 is definitely out then, six's though could still still have that same type of previously mentioned anxiety.

:yes: Though I guess I'm not as Woody Allen-esque as I've described myself in the recent past... While people who mock me can see my smile cracking, I do try not to seem anxious. Well, I don't always have a smile on my face or anything, but, if people ask me if I'm sad, I smile and assure them I've got everything under control.

Alright, so gut could still be any one of the three. Head is proabably a six, heart is either 4 or 2 then.

Sounds about right! :yes:

There ain't nothing to be ashamed about concerning manga and stuffed animals, both those things are perfectly cool :hug:

Yeah... But, you know, the biggest problem is that I'm not nearly as subversive as my peers, particularly one of my teachers who says that, if he sees one of his students working in the same news station for more than 15 years, he wants nothing to do with him/her anymore. I'm kinda afraid he'll consider me a failure. :sadbanana: Thanks for the reassurance, though! :wub:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still fairly certain your tritype is 9-2-6 in some order :laugh:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whoa! Ninja response!

Striking from the shadows one post at a time! :ninja:

:yes: Though I guess I'm not as Woody Allen-esque as I've described myself in the recent past... While people who mock me can see my smile cracking, I do try not to seem anxious. Well, I don't always have a smile on my face or anything, but, if people ask me if I'm sad, I smile and assure them I've got everything under control.

Yeah, that seems more like a general attempt to preserve some social harmony by not making your inner negative emotions apparant to to others. Might be 2 or Fe related, or could just be normal human behavior, not exactly sure.

Sounds about right! :yes:

And now we are on the fast track to true type discovery! :D

Yeah... But, you know, the biggest problem is that I'm not nearly as subversive as my peers, particularly one of my teachers who says that, if he sees one of his students working in the same news station for more than 15 years, he wants nothing to do with him/her anymore. I'm kinda afraid he'll consider me a failure. :sadbanana: Thanks for the reassurance, though! :wubbie:

Well there's nothing wrong in bot being subversive, as loyalty can be a virtue :) Hope all works well for you in the future :hug:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
my guess on the order is 6-9-2.

Hmmm... could be. Either that or 9-6-2, I think. Seems like it would be either a balanced type or a very conflicted stacking. Do you know any people or characters with both 6 and 9 in their tritype?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Also, do most Nines smile a lot? My default expression is usually somewhere between "neutral" and "sad", I think - quite a few people (especially my parents, and especially my dad) have come to me and asked whether I was sad. My shrink also described the vocabulary I use when self-deprecating as "intense" in a condemnatory way... I dunno what to make of that. :thinking:

Your input is highly appreciated! :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I don't think 9's have to smile a lot. Actually I don't think smileing is related to enneagram at all, as to smile is to express a level of happiness and happiness isn't a requirment of any of those types. How come you don't smile more though? I ask since it may reveal certain information essential to discovering you type.

Also, I had forgot that we had agreed on 6, 9, and 2, as being you enneagram type, so forget what I said about 4 (unless for any reason you think that you posses a lot of qualities of being a 4).

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hey, thanks, SI! :D

Well, to be frank, I dunno why I don't smile that much. It's not that I'm frowning or anything, it's just... kind of a neutral state. Like this --> :mellow: It's kind of easy to make me nervous, though - a simple teasing can feel like a criticism, then I can be like :dry: while geting all :sad: on the inside. I used to be snarkier, I guess, but I hate being cynical.

One could argue that my self-deprecation seems Fourish (every time I "downplay" my achievements, even when I think it's warranted, my brother gets all, "Urgh, here he goes again... :rolli:"), though my desire to be seen as unselfish and helpful (it's kinda easy to emotionally blackmail me, I guess...) seems pretty Twoish. Thoughts?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well hyper sensitivity does tend to be a 4 trait, but here it seems as though you mistaken certain social cues of teasing for actual insults (as evident in one of my private messages). However a desire to be seen as unselfish and helpful to others is more of 2 trait than anything else.

But I ask you which one would you say you identify with more: the pleasant help who really wants to be needed and likes to assist others, or the brooding individual who has a storm of private emotions going on beneath tham as they strive for individual authenticity?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well hyper sensitivity does tend to be a 4 trait, but here it seems as though you mistaken certain social cues of teasing for actual insults (as evident in one of my private messages). However a desire to be seen as unselfish and helpful to others is more of 2 trait than anything else.

Yes, well, sorry about that... :blush: I just want to know where I stand, and I understand it's frustrating when someone is simply unable to get a hint, and you have to be uncomfortably direct with them...

But I ask you which one would you say you identify with more: the pleasant help who really wants to be needed and likes to assist others, or the brooding individual who has a storm of private emotions going on beneath tham as they strive for individual authenticity?

I kinda relate more to the first kind, though, as I am very introverted, I need a lot of "me" time to pursue my interests. I don't feel the need to be "authentic" all the time, though some feelings do grow live weeds inside me, but I dislike feeling like I'm "conning" people, and I don't have too much conscious control over whether I'm smiling or not...

I'm not nearly as "let me help you, PLEASE" like my ESFJ dad, though. :thinking:

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, well, sorry about that... :blush: I just want to know where I stand, and I understand it's frustrating when someone is simply unable to get a hint, and you have to be uncomfortably direct with them...

It's cool man, I myself tend to be sensitive as well and I have also mistaken social cues far too easily :)

I kinda relate more to the first kind, though, as I am very introverted, I need a lot of "me" time to pursue my interests. I don't feel the need to be "authentic" all the time, though some feelings do grow live weeds inside me, but I dislike feeling like I'm "conning" people, and I don't have too much conscious control over whether I'm smiling or not...

I'm not nearly as "let me help you, PLEASE" like my ESFJ dad, though. :thinking:

Hmmm.... :thinking: maybe your a 3 and you sort wing into 2 and 4?

And I'm sorry for forgetting if I asked you this or not, but have I showed you the link to the enneagram blogspot at all?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
It's cool man, I myself tend to be sensitive as well and I have also mistaken social cues far too easily :)

Hmmm.... :thinking: maybe your a 3 and you sort wing into 2 and 4?

And I'm sorry for forgetting if I asked you this or not, but have I showed you the link to the enneagram blogspot at all?

A 3 as in "it's in my tritype" or as in "it's my main type"? 'Cuz I'm waaaaaay too lazy and un-ambitious to be a Three. :newwink:

Also, yes, you did link to the website in Page 2. :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A 3 as in "it's in my tritype" or as in "it's my main type"? 'Cuz I'm waaaaaay too lazy and un-ambitious to be a Three. :wink:

I meant as you last tritype, thus 9-6-3. Then again if you are as lazy and unabmitious as you say you are 9-6-2 probably works better :)

Also, yes, you did link to the website in Page 2. :yes:

Ah, yes, forgetful me :biggrin: So did you read the descriptions of the different ypes you may be? Which ones really identify most with you?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I meant as you last tritype, thus 9-6-3. Then again if you are as lazy and unabmitious as you say you are 9-6-2 probably works better :)

Well, I'm actually not one to slack off and watch other people do the dirty work... I meant it more like, I "work hard" in a more One-ish way, though I do think I do not feel as stimulated to work as a One...

Ah, yes, forgetful me :biggrin: So did you read the descriptions of the different ypes you may be? Which ones really identify most with you?

Well, lessee... (bold = sounds like me)

6w5

Sixes with a 5 wing are generally introverted and somewhat intellectual. When healthy, they often have many realms of interest as well as surprising competencies and skills. May have an original and idiosyncratic point of view. Can be bookish; some are interested in history or feel rooted in the past or related to a long tradition. Also good at predicting the future. May test potential friends for a long time but once you're in, you're in - a friend for life. When more entranced, they may project a willed remoteness. Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity. Tension between needing to be seen and withdrawing for protection. [Protection, in this case, from criticism and rejection, not backstabbing and enmity.] Might act arrogant or cryptic or cynical when afraid. When phobic, can be diplomatic and say things without saying them. Entranced counterphobics are either cool and loners or argumentative, tending towards violence. Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home.

9w1

Tend to have been "model children." Instinctively worked to please their parents by being virtuous, orderly, and little trouble. When awakened, they have great moral authority plus good-hearted peacemaking tendencies. Often have a sense of mission, public or private, that involves working hard for the welfare of everyone they are committed to. Principled expression of love. Desire to contribute, do little harm. May be well-liked, modest, endearing, gentle yet firm. Some have great grace and composure with bursts of spontaneity and sweetness. Elegant simplicity. When entranced, they tend to be self-neglectful. May go passively dead and operate from a dubious, fractured morality. Dutiful to what they shouldn't be. Play the good child, disappear into contexts, settle for being overlooked or just partly recognized. Passive tolerance of absurd or damaging situations. One-sided relationships where the Nine gives too much. Rationalize, minimize, tell themselves they had a great childhood, everything's fine. Placid numbness creeps over them. Intolerance of their own emotions. Gradually deaden their soul.

Your thoughts, Dr. Idealist? :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your thoughts, Dr. Idealist? :)

Hmmm.... after my diagnosis I have determine that you have 9w1, followed by 6w5. This diagnosis will last a lifetime and there is no cure.

Teehee :biggrin: you said I was a doctor so I tried to act like one :D But anyway, I see more highlighted nine traits and in general I get more of a nine vibe from you, so I'd say so far for your enneagram it is 9w1 > 6w5 > 2wX :yes:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Thanks for the diagnosis! Now, about those polyps... *kidding*

9w1 could be right, though I don't think I have a very serene aura, metaphorically speaking... When I think of Nines, they sound like those British women with echoing voices behind blurry filters you find in those '70s-'80s movies... Like the Childlike Empress from The Neverending Story, but more hippie-ish. I'm a bit more "jittery" and fidgety, though I do look like my brain has been sent to outer space. :newwink: