• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another Infamous thread on whats my type? :)

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hello,
I have taken a few quizzes online and well I have gotten mixed results on two test I got INFJ and on another it was IN-something (sorry forgot)
I was wondering if I could ask you guys for help....
thnx

Okay so this is how I am:

1)If a new person walks into the room, I at once try to be friendly and strike a conversation.
2)I am very picky with who I should count as my 'real' friend and I forget about people a little quickly, the only people I don't forget about is those I have had a very meaningful conversation with or helped.
3) I feel very happy when I am helping someone.
4) I love to read, write and sometimes sing, but I only disclose one attribute with certain people.
5) There is no one who knows everything about me, and there are some things I easily reveal to strangers which I guard from my friends. (This really annoys me but there is something inside which rings warning bells whenever I resolve to tell my friends)
6) I can sense peoples moods quite easily by listening to their voice, or observing their facial expressions.
7) I have many goals and I strive towards them, I do achieve them in the end but sometimes I get side-tracked (its usually because of a good book or cartoon)
8) With strangers I am the most patient and amiable person around, with my family I am short-tempered and rude. (well not that rude but I do have to bite my tongue a lot)
9) I love spending a day with one close friend more than going to a party, but when I do go to a party I am making sure no one is left out.
10) I usually escape to my own world when faced with things such as scoldings but when everybody in my house is angry/sad/disappointed I can't eat or think of anything else.
11) If I am angry at my friend I don't show it, but try to deal with them as I would with a stranger, (be friendly and stuff) while I am crying inside.
12) I don't like the spotlight ever, but always manage to catch the eyes of people unintentionally. (its usually about studies, or how good I am and such.)
13) When being praised I don't know what to do (I do respond with a smile and thank you but following that is a sentence or two about how really not good I am)
But I don't mind praising others and sometimes its in excess.

Okay that's about it.........I really do wonder if I have a type, I seem like a hypocrite so good to people outside, but can't tolerate my own family sometimes.......
thank you for reading! :D

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get a strong IXFJ impression from all of this. Much of what you say can be attributed to Fe. I also thought I mainly because you prefer spending one day with a close friend over going to a party and not ever liking the spotlight. I'm not sure about the S/N.

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thank you! :D
I really am not familiar with the MBTI system but I would want to understand myself better :)
Well let me try giving more details, since I can't really trust online tests and the before details aren't enough :)

1) I love figuring things out, more than the solution. (for example I am not going into the science side but I still took physics because I was never able to study the subject properly and it was interesting to see how things worked (already took chemistry and bio))
2) I used to smile a lot and joke around with my family before I became angry and hurt thus causing me to repress what I really want to do in front of them (sometimes its so hard to stop yourself from smiling)
3) I always am something of an advice giver for my friends, and whenever I see something wrong I am quick to fix it or put it right.
4) If somebody is being mistreated in front of me I immediately defend, (this can be a bit extreme sometimes as I refuse to say bad things about my friends even in jokes)
5) People generally say I am responsible, while at home my head is usually in the clouds. I enjoy being in my own world more than with friends since I have not really found a friend I can be completely open with.
6) I can predict peoples actions on a whim and they are usually right (my family never pays attention when I am stating something that is going to happen though)
Not boasting just want to find my type :D
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
If it helps, for trusting people, I can decide to suddenly trust strangers, (I have no idea why I get the feeling I can trust them when I don't even know anything about the people I am meeting for the first time) while with friends/those I have known for a certain reasonable period of time, I have severe misgivings about telling them anything.

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Again another detail : :)
I do love to help people with emotions, or any other problem that is within my ability to fix/make better.....
but for e.g if my mother tells me to clean the kitchen/help her with cooking
I generally do it after a lot of grumbling or in the case of the former, don't do it at all the reason is because I have this severe pain in my legs and no matter how many times I tell my family they seem to forget very easily and order me to move about again, in such cases where I feel they should be more considerate (the pain isn't the one you get from I scratch I tell you) I am generally VERY unhelpful, this leads to a lot of scoldings but I never try to explain myself, since I feel that they should at least notice the limping.......so yes I am both helpful and unhelpful......if that helps to identify my personality type.....:D (p.s: I am not trying to gain sympathy or anything I love my family and I have accepted the fact that they are very forgetful and unobservant of me long ago......its just hard to control my feelings sometimes and thats why I react that way...:D)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually with the large usage of Fe in you, I'd be inclined to say ENFJ rather than INFJ.

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thank you!
I would still like to research a bit more on it though :)
Can you tell me what E stands for? ^^

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you! :D
1) I love figuring things out, more than the solution. (for example I am not going into the science side but I still took physics because I was never able to study the subject properly and it was interesting to see how things worked (already took chemistry and bio))
2) I used to smile a lot and joke around with my family before I became angry and hurt thus causing me to repress what I really want to do in front of them (sometimes its so hard to stop yourself from smiling)
3) I always am something of an advice giver for my friends, and whenever I see something wrong I am quick to fix it or put it right.
4) If somebody is being mistreated in front of me I immediately defend, (this can be a bit extreme sometimes as I refuse to say bad things about my friends even in jokes)
5) People generally say I am responsible, while at home my head is usually in the clouds. I enjoy being in my own world more than with friends since I have not really found a friend I can be completely open with.
6) I can predict peoples actions on a whim and they are usually right (my family never pays attention when I am stating something that is going to happen though)
Not boasting just want to find my type :D
Your help is greatly appreciated!

I'm leaning towards INFJ now. The bolded parts suggest N. #6 is a combination of Ni+Fe

Actually with the large usage of Fe in you, I'd be inclined to say ENFJ rather than INFJ.

I wouldn't rule out ENFJ either. The first post, I saw more introversion but not so much in the following post. The part about enjoying being in your own world more than with friends because you haven't found someone you could be completely open with could be consistent with a shy or socially anxious extravert.

Thank you!
I would still like to research a bit more on it though :)
Can you tell me what E stands for? ^^

E = Extraversion
I = Introversion

And the rest for reference:

S = Sensing
N = iNtuition

T = Thinking
F = Feeling

J = Judging
P = Perceiving

Mysterious15

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thank you!
I actually did think of myself as an extrovert, but after taking several personality tests (all of them before I knew about the MBTI system) I always got introvert........and after reading it up I finally realized that I was one, as my friend is a major extrovert, and on her birthday I just wanted to celebrate the two of us (we have been friends since second grade) while she wanted to invite many people.....also I am friendly and generally very easy to get along with, but I always forget the person's face/name the next day or even hours!
I can talk to a stranger about something really abstract and philosophical, and enjoy myself immensely, while I love just listening to others too during debate, (if I can get only one turn or even none its ok) but in reality I am actually arguing with the debater inside my head.... :D
I read up a lot into both ENFJ's and INFJ's and the one which made me feel like it was all true was INFJ......:)
Sorry for bothering everyone.....thank you so much for your explanations and help! :D I really really appreciated it.