• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me maybe? O.o

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Any of the 16 types is fine with me :D

Some random things about me....

I believe no one opinion is ever right or wrong. I think about everything as "You never know." Everything to me is an opinion.

I think of random scenarios like, what if we were to end up in some other random universe. Because maybe if we believe hard enough that through the other side of the door there will be an alternate universe, one will appear because that is the secret to unlocking the universe.

I'm always in my head.

I'm pretty closed off and don't trust people easily, it takes me a while.

I'm always constantly thinking about life, where this is going, why things happened in the past, and why we all live the way we do. Like when there is something unspoken between people and we clearly know and feel what is going on, but we all never do anything about it or talk about it. We just seem to be stuck in a nastiness rut.
I believe that everyone’s ideas, beliefs, and feelings are important and perfectly valid.

I think you never know what is going to happen. I Like “what if” questions a lot. I enjoy questioning things that are "known" like humans being able to fly, or the thought of everything not really being here, but we just imagine it all being here, but in reality nothing we see is there. "They are just like blank figures and we imagine what they look like in our brains and project it."
(I'm not sure if this makes sense.)

I wonder if we all see the same things, like if I see something pink and you see it and agree that it is pink, What is "pink" really, and do we see it the same way, or is your pink my green, and vise versa, because we never really know because we can never be in that persons body to experience how they see that color. (Or can we :p)

I feel bad if someone else feels bad, all I want to do is make it better any possible way I can.

I dislike groups of people.

I dislike malls and stuff, parties, the beach, anywhere hot is a no go.

I recently fall into deep moments of meaninglessness and feeling really alone in the world. It's is like this deep bad mood that I can't shake off, and I'm pretty sure its being caused by this feeling of being in a rut and nothing going anywhere.

I question our purpose in life constantly.

I’m pretty nostalgic and can’t live in the present moment for the life of me.

I usually feel as if i don't belong.

I find people that are full of themselves annoying.

I enjoy music a lot. It always hits the spot and makes me feel uber better.

I can usually tell if someone is lying to me, it just gives me this feeling in my stomach and I'm usually correct about my suspicions.

I wish we could all just be honest with each other.

I wish for peace on earth.

I can never stop thinking, and can't seem to turn it off.

I can't throw anything away, I feel bad for it, and then I also think it never thought it was going to be thrown away when it was made.

I don't believe I'm always right, I think everyones ideas are equally as important as mine.

Small group of friends..and recently have began to distance myself from most people even more.... I feel bad for sometimes doing this toward people, doing things I clearly know might bother them (I notice it after I do it mind you) as if I'm trying to make them not like me or something. :/

I get hurt by peoples uncaring nature if its not toward everyone else too or if I don't understand why it's only just me they don't care about/like.

I care about the connection I make with certain people and feel like everything happens for a reason.

I feel really detached from myself (Always been like this.) Like I feel like I'm in my body, but I'm new to it, almost like a borrowed my body and I'm not really human. I feel like I'm literally trapped inside myself and don't comprehend how I make my arms move and stuff.

I sometimes feel like if I drink from a different cup, or wear a shirt I used to wear when things weren't so peachy for example, things with start to go bad, so I stick to my routine of things I use or wear, though I like to get a whole bunch of new things because it kind of feels like I'm changing something in the air, like now everything is going to start changing.

I am always aware of my self in conversation, and even when I'm talking to someone about something that has nothing to do with myself, I'll be totally into what they are saying and listening but I get these random thoughts of "I wonder what I look like from their perspective." Or "Agh, I'm being looked at, what do I do with my face."

I can't kill anything, not even an ant, and will feel horrible if I do so. I feel like all life has meaning.
I question our existence often, why we are here, and what made us the way we are.
Why our personalities ended up the way they did, etc.

I can't watch t.v. without thinking "They're acting, this is fake." I can still enjoy it by forcing myself to try to get lost in it, but eh. Depends. Laugh tracks annoy me.

I honestly feel like i've sort of learned to live like everyone else. Like I don't understand how people live, idk it's hard to explain....When I was younger this was worse and I didn't understand anything I just figured, but it's gotten better since i've learned more and more over the years and grown up. When I was younger I had this way of looking at everything. I thought everyone else thought the way I did, but you just had to get to know them to see that part of them. I figured out later that this was not the case. I question human nature and find it fascinating, and I think about how cool it is that we all mesh the way we do, how we can like each other, know that someone is not the same sex as you, and treat them according. Human customs are interesting to me, and I find it cool how guys hold doors open for girls....But I don't get it. Who was the first person to hold the door open for a girl for example, and when did they decide that it was the man that did it for the woman, not the other way around, and that they should all mimic that action to still continue until today. I think about things like this often, when I see people living and not questioning everything that they do. (I ask sometimes.) The world is so strange in my opinion.

I get sudden uneasy feelings but don't know what they mean, though, until I try figuring them out.

I agree with the quote “An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.” Do it to me, and I’ll probably do it back. If you treat me one way, I’ll treat you the same depending and will find it annoying if I can’t do on to you what you do to me all the time.

I've been told I look hard to approach and people usually assume I'm very serious and don't look too nice before they talk to me. I look very serious when I'm walking about in school and stuff.

I've been told I'm mysterious.

Also I'm a music freak, and continue my music major on the side of my Philosophy major every now and then. (Little by little) Lol.

When I listen to music I can clearly hear and usually sing along to the harmony or find the harmony in the song. I can also listen to the piano in the background and usually figure out how to play it in my head and figure out what note it is to..

I am aware and caught up on functions, and am just trying to figure out what and which order I use them in. I'm trying to go by functions, and help on that would be amazing. (Not so much on stereotypes preferably.)
But that's fine too.

Any questions that can help you type me, just ask away :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome to the forums ArpeggiatingCantata :hi: :)

Alright first off the bat, you're definitely an NF, there's no doubt about that. So xNFx

I think E fits you better, you seem fairly enegetic and talkative. So ENFx

Now as to whether you're J or P . . . analyzing the functions I do see Fi, Fe, Ni, and Ne usage, although I may be mistaken those with just Fe and Ni, and I'm really tired to I can't think straight. But my gut says J, so ENFJ, probably.

EDIT: ENFP could work, but definitely ENFx of some sort.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, thanks for this, it's pretty clearly Ne and Si.

I'd call you an ENFP, probably.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Welcome to the forums ArpeggiatingCantata :hi: :)

Alright first off the bat, you're definitely an NF, there's no doubt about that. So xNFx

I think E fits you better, you seem fairly enegetic and talkative. So ENFx

Now as to whether you're J or P . . . analyzing the functions I do see Fi, Fe, Ni, and Ne usage, although I may be mistaken those with just Fe and Ni, and I'm really tired to I can't think straight. But my gut says J, so ENFJ, probably.

EDIT: ENFP could work, but definitely ENFx of some sort.

Thanks! Lol, I do agree with Ni and Ne....Not so much with being a dominant feeler....hmmm.

Wow, thanks for this, it's pretty clearly Ne and Si.

I'd call you an ENFP, probably.

Interesting! If I may ask how you arrived at this? And the being Extoverted also.. and being NF instead of SF?
Thank you both =]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Many of the things you described your thoughts as sounds like Ne dominance, and your gut feelings toward truth and your belief in "eye for an eye, I'll treat you like you treat me" sounds like Fi.

Not being able to throw things away due to attachment sounds like Fi/Si.

Nostalgia + never being in the moment also sounds pretty clearly Ne/Si.

:)

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Many of the things you described your thoughts as sounds like Ne dominance, and your gut feelings toward truth and your belief in "eye for an eye, I'll treat you like you treat me" sounds like Fi.

Not being able to throw things away due to attachment sounds like Fi/Si.

Nostalgia + never being in the moment also sounds pretty clearly Ne/Si.

:)

Thanks for your reasoning....I have a question though if you don't mind since I see you are ENFP....
I've seen this quite a few times on Ne, worded in different ways....do you think you base what you come up with on the real world and things that have happened. Because it's something I can't agree with.

This is something I read on Ne/Ni that someone wrote on another forum.

"For example, Ni is capable of saying "If you drop an apple, it has a chance of flying into the sky."

Ne will say, "Well no, that's impossible. Through the series of objective occurrences and patterns that have happened, my intuition feels it will always fall." Ne is an objective intuitive function, by the way, so it only looks into possibilities that is restricted by the laws of "reality".

Ni will reply, "Just because it always seem to fall during every observations doesn't discredit that it can't fly up into the sky." Ni is capable of saying this with strong belief that it's possible without having to suppress any part of itself."

What is your idea of this?

=/

...........................All opinions on this are welcome btw. =P

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Count my vote for ENFP also.

I believe no one opinion is ever right or wrong. I think about everything as "You never know." Everything to me is an opinion.

Dominant percieving type (Pe or Pi dom).

I think of random scenarios like, what if we were to end up in some other random universe. Because maybe if we believe hard enough that through the other side of the door there will be an alternate universe, one will appear because that is the secret to unlocking the universe.

I'm always constantly thinking about life, where this is going, why things happened in the past, and why we all live the way we do. Like when there is something unspoken between people and we clearly know and feel what is going on, but we all never do anything about it or talk about it. We just seem to be stuck in a nastiness rut.

Highly suggests Ne-dom to me......main focus is on the intangible concepts & possibilities of the external world. The focus seems outward more than inward - suggests Extroversion.

I believe that everyone’s ideas, beliefs, and feelings are important and perfectly valid.

P-dom, likely paired with Fi (xxFP)

I think you never know what is going to happen. I Like “what if” questions a lot. I enjoy questioning things that are "known" like humans being able to fly, or the thought of everything not really being here, but we just imagine it all being here, but in reality nothing we see is there. "They are just like blank figures and we imagine what they look like in our brains and project it."
(I'm not sure if this makes sense.)

P-dom, likely Ne.

I feel bad if someone else feels bad, all I want to do is make it better any possible way I can.

Likely Feeling.

I recently fall into deep moments of meaninglessness and feeling really alone in the world. It's is like this deep bad mood that I can't shake off, and I'm pretty sure its being caused by this feeling of being in a rut and nothing going anywhere.

I question our purpose in life constantly.

Fi

I’m pretty nostalgic and can’t live in the present moment for the life of me.

NeSi

I don't believe I'm always right, I think everyones ideas are equally as important as mine.

xNFP

I feel really detached from myself (Always been like this.) Like I feel like I'm in my body, but I'm new to it, almost like a borrowed my body and I'm not really human. I feel like I'm literally trapped inside myself and don't comprehend how I make my arms move and stuff.

Ne-dom/aux (poor Se - uncomfortable w/ focusing on immediate physical reality)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for your reasoning....I have a question though if you don't mind since I see you are ENFP....
I've seen this quite a few times on Ne, worded in different ways....do you think you base what you come up with on the real world and things that have happened. Because it's something I can't agree with.

This is something I read on Ne/Ni that someone wrote on another forum.

"For example, Ni is capable of saying "If you drop an apple, it has a chance of flying into the sky."

Ne will say, "Well no, that's impossible. Through the series of objective occurrences and patterns that have happened, my intuition feels it will always fall." Ne is an objective intuitive function, by the way, so it only looks into possibilities that is restricted by the laws of "reality".

Ni will reply, "Just because it always seem to fall during every observations doesn't discredit that it can't fly up into the sky." Ni is capable of saying this with strong belief that it's possible without having to suppress any part of itself."

What is your idea of this?

=/

...........................All opinions on this are welcome btw. =P

Yes, Ni is more like to be crazy (j/k)....there is some truth, honestly, to what you are saying...Ne tends to generate possibilities and make connections and pick up on patterns and make something new, but with the aid of Si which has collected meaningful sensory experience/data.

Se, instead, sees what is actually there in the here and now and Ni discerns what the possibilities are *within that one thing* going for depth rather than breadth, and seeking "what it means" underneath.

It's not that Ne and Ni don't share some qualities (because frankly I think they do) but there's a different route through which Ne/Si and Ni/Se work.

Ne can be open to crazy possibilities, and can be very random and is more likely to meander "off topic" and Ni users can actually get quite annoyed with this in some cases, I've noticed...so, while Ni is more likely to say "nothing is supposed to be any particular way and maybe that apple can fly"...it almost seems like Ne is the one yammering on about flying apples and talking cats when everyone else is discussing the stock market.

I don't know if this helps, at all.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Le gosh, this thread is such a texas sharpshooter analogy.

I do not know your type from the range of information available. Perhaps you could eliminate those things above which you view as 'second tier'?

However, I do think you have Fe in your first two functions by your social expectations and how you define your own worth through group behaviour and frantic questioning of social dynamics heaped with a mixture of expectation.

Thus I would say xxFJ for now.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Yes, Ni is more like to be crazy (j/k)....there is some truth, honestly, to what you are saying...Ne tends to generate possibilities and make connections and pick up on patterns and make something new, but with the aid of Si which has collected meaningful sensory experience/data.

Se, instead, sees what is actually there in the here and now and Ni discerns what the possibilities are *within that one thing* going for depth rather than breadth, and seeking "what it means" underneath.

It's not that Ne and Ni don't share some qualities (because frankly I think they do) but there's a different route through which Ne/Si and Ni/Se work.

Ne can be open to crazy possibilities, and can be very random and is more likely to meander "off topic" and Ni users can actually get quite annoyed with this in some cases, I've noticed...so, while Ni is more likely to say "nothing is supposed to be any particular way and maybe that apple can fly"...it almost seems like Ne is the one yammering on about flying apples and talking cats when everyone else is discussing the stock market.

I don't know if this helps, at all.

Kinda yes.
But would Ne seem to think of the possibility that the "apple can fly", because supposedly they would think it wouldn't. Is Ne more realisitic?
One my confusions lie in this Ne/Ni thing.

For that example, I would agree with "Ni"....But for other's, Ne..

Do you for example think the apple could fly? :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I also want to clarify that when I say Ni goes for depth, I mean in terms of perception of a singular concept or object while Ne ties various concepts or objects together.

Fi equally goes for depth, but in an ethical sense in terms of questioning individual morals, while Fe goes for breadth or group harmony. So your questions about "what does it all mean for us to be here" could easily be Fi rather than Ni.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kinda yes.
But would Ne seem to think of the possibility that the "apple can fly", because supposedly they would think it wouldn't. Is Ne more realisitic?
One my confusions lie in this Ne/Ni thing.

For that example, I would agree with "Ni"....But for other's, Ne..

Do you for example think the apple could fly? :p

Yes, Ne generates possibilities, but as an ENFP Te and Si would tie that to reality of HOW CAN WE MAKE THE APPLE FLY. Actually ENTPs would more likely be on the mechanics of that one, with Ne/Ti figuring out the logistics of making the apple fly.

It's just that Ni says "nothing is supposed to be any particular way" which is in opposition to Si which likes to reference to subjective meaningful past experiences for the way things should be.

Ne doms rebel against Si in youth because of rejection of the inferior, by saying well things "could be this this or this instead of what it was in my past" but the way the process works, ultimately, is that Ne actually generates new things out of those Si experiences, so Si actually helps Ne and vice versa, in an ideal balance.

Ni just doesn't get their intuitions from outside, they get them from within. That's what makes Ne more "objective."

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Count my vote for ENFP also.

Dominant percieving type (Pe or Pi dom).

Highly suggests Ne-dom to me......main focus is on the intangible concepts & possibilities of the external world. The focus seems outward more than inward - suggests Extroversion.

P-dom, likely paired with Fi (xxFP)

P-dom, likely Ne.

Likely Feeling.

Fi

NeSi

xNFP

Ne-dom/aux (poor Se - uncomfortable w/ focusing on immediate physical reality)

Thank you! So thorough.

I've read also that for ENFP's they don't really use their Si and that they weren't too nostalgic and into the past and what not. I wish I could find a pretty clear cut and straight to the point definition of the functions. They all seem to vary so much.

But besides this I see what you're saying, thank you =]

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Le gosh, this thread is such a texas sharpshooter analogy.

I do not know your type from the range of information available. Perhaps you could eliminate those things above which you view as 'second tier'?

However, I do think you have Fe in your first two functions by your social expectations and how you define your own worth through group behaviour and frantic questioning of social dynamics heaped with a mixture of expectation.

Thus I would say xxFJ for now.

Lol, thank you! Hm..

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Yes, Ne generates possibilities, but as an ENFP Te and Si would tie that to reality of HOW CAN WE MAKE THE APPLE FLY. Actually ENTPs would more likely be on the mechanics of that one, with Ne/Ti figuring out the logistics of making the apple fly.

It's just that Ni says "nothing is supposed to be any particular way" which is in opposition to Si which likes to reference to subjective meaningful past experiences for the way things should be.

Ne doms rebel against Si in youth because of rejection of the inferior, by saying well things "could be this this or this instead of what it was in my past" but the way the process works, ultimately, is that Ne actually generates new things out of those Si experiences, so Si actually helps Ne and vice versa, in an ideal balance.

Ni just doesn't get their intuitions from outside, they get them from within. That's what makes Ne more "objective."

Okay I'm starting to get it a little better, thanks =] ....

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Feed metal rich water\nutrients. Apply strong magnetic fields.
I wouldn't recommend eating it though.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Sort of true.

I would clarify that Ni processes intuitions internally, while Ne does so externally. Subjectively, Ni intuitions can seem to derive from external sources, which in practice is really just Te, Fe and/or Se: Ni takes observed, objective information and data, and then hypothesizes (intuits) what's "really going on" that makes the data the way it is. These hypotheses are rarely verbalized, though they can sound "Ne-ish" when an Ni-dom drops his/her guard and shares them with friends.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not getting the extraversion. Where's that coming from?

I dislike groups of people.
Small group of friends..and recently have began to distance myself from most people even more.... I feel bad for sometimes doing this toward people, doing things I clearly know might bother them (I notice it after I do it mind you) as if I'm trying to make them not like me or something. :/

INFP is my vote.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Sort of true.

I would clarify that Ni processes intuitions internally, while Ne does so externally. Subjectively, Ni intuitions can seem to derive from external sources, which in practice is really just Te, Fe and/or Se: Ni takes observed, objective information and data, and then hypothesizes (intuits) what's "really going on" that makes the data the way it is. These hypotheses are rarely verbalized, though they can sound "Ne-ish" when an Ni-dom drops his/her guard and shares them with friends.

So what would you say are the main differences between the two? Because the two sound so similar when described. People Say Ni sounds like Ne....I can't place my finger on how to exactly differentiate the two beside the fact that one is external, and one internal. Is there a clearer way to differentiate the two? =/ I'm having a hard time grasping either of them.
........................................................................................................
(Dumb apple analogy :/....) All I can do is keep thinking that I agree with Ni in that example, and others like it. I really don't think I see things from what can really happen or usually does. At all. That is one of the main things about me, I think.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
I'm not getting the extraversion. Where's that coming from?

INFP is my vote.

I'm assuming because they think I'm Ne dom. So I guess I would be an introverted ENFP if I was one? Lol. Thank you =]

So ENFP XXFJ INFP so far....

^.^