• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Temperament?

What's Your Temperament

• Total voters

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sanguine: 0
Choleric: 1
Melancholy: 20
Phlegmatic: 19

After reading about the 5 temperament model with Supine I was pretty sure I was Phlegmatic, but this test has me doubting again. Sanguine's seem to be ExxP, Cholerics ExTJ, Melancholics IxxJ, Phlegmatics IxxP, and Supine ixFJ.

Though I completed it, I am dissatisfied with the categories that some of the adjectives fell under. Introverted as a weakness? And some of those 'Strengths' were rather negative traits.

Agreed.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Better descriptions provided in OP by EricB, including Blends!!

I tried both links and didn't see anything about blends.

melancholy: 22
phlegmatic: 16
choleric: 1
sanguine: 1

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Sanguine: 3
Choleric: 13
Melancholy: 14
Phlegmatic: 10
:smile:

Vorm Krieg

Sanguine: 6
Choleric: 18
Melancholy: 15
Phlegmatic: 1

"The Strategist is more detail oriented than the other Cholerics. They initiate change. They usually operate from a well-thought through plan. They have creative ideas. They will often use very direct, forceful and persistent methods to get results or promote their ideas. They want to be in charge because of confidence in their ability to make things happen the "right" way. They like to solve problems and make decisions and are actually quite able to do so. They usually have well thought-out goals and are very independent in an attempt to carry them out. They need to know exactly what is expected before they can function efficiently. They can be very forceful and very sensitive. They speak with authority and are usually very productive. When working on a project they exhibit sensitivity and strategy that reveals penetrating insight. To be highly motivated they need freedom, the opportunity for advancement, information that will help them get results and the chance to make something better. They dislike weakness. "

I thought it was an accurate description.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried both links and didn't see anything about blends.
On the first link, the link to the "15 Blends" is on the side. In the second link, each temperament description includes "Inclusion", "Control" and "Affection" descriptions. These are where different temperaments are blended. Each person has one temperament or another in those areas.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh: I don't know how I didn't see that last night. I mean I looked for it, and still didn't see it. Duh. Thanks^.

Starry

OMG…I took this test…but then couldn’t find the thread again in order to post my results. How very ‘Sanguine’ of me.

Sanguine 23
Choleric 0
Melancholy 7
Phlegmatic 10

To-A-T

MBTI Type
ESFx
Enneagram
7w6
OMG…I took this test…but then couldn’t find the thread again in order to post my results. How very ‘Sanguine’ of me.

Sanguine 23
Choleric 0
Melancholy 7
Phlegmatic 10

WOOT!!! Welcome to the club. You're initiation is Saturday night. Come prepared! :devil:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't decide if it's Sanguine or Melancholy.

Sanguine probably fits better..followed closely by the other one. They describe me better than the MBTI...I don't know.

Jaguar

I can't decide if it's Sanguine or Melancholy.

Sanguine probably fits better..followed closely by the other one. They describe me better than the MBTI...I don't know.

There's a total of 40 points. You're a blend, not one or the other.

Your latest is:

Melancholy and Sanguine 14

What percentage of 40 is 14? 35%
That means Mel-San makes up 70% of your total.

You wouldn't leave out 35% of your overall temperament would you? Nope.

My own scores are:

16 Chol = 40%
12 Mel = 30%
12 Sang = 30%
00 Phleg

I'm a triple.
If I only chose Choleric, I'd be missing a whopping 60% of my total.

G

Ginkgo

melon%20Hale%27s%20Best.jpg

sinusinfection-5.jpg

blood_spatter.jpg

counting_calories.jpg

The way these humors correspond with MBTI, elements and medieval physiology is so arbitrary I might as well come up with my own right here, right now.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sanguine= 20

choleric= 12

phlematic= 6

melancholy= 2

wow... I'm kind of unbalanced :unsure:

rav3n

I found this part really cool.

The word "temperament" comes from the Latin word temperamentum and means "right blending." The Greeks thought that a person’s "temperament" was therefore made up of a blending of these four fluids.

An excess of yellow bile resulted in a temperament believed to be warm/hot and dry, and associated with the element of fire [Choleric].

An excess of red bile resulted in a temperament believed to be warm/hot and wet, and associated with the element of air [Sanguine].

An excess of white bile resulted in a temperament believed to be cool/cold and wet, and associated with the element of water [Phlegmatic].

An excess of black bile resulted in a temperament believed to be cool/cold and dry, and associated with the element of earth [Melancholy].

http://fourtemperaments.com/History.htm

Without knowing anything about the temperaments, I've always self-styled myself as fire and ice. My score from the test was Choleric (warm/hot and dry-fire) by almost double, then Melancholy (cool/cold and dry-earth), albeit earth isn't ice but neither is water. And ice is dry until warmed.

This description for the Temperament blends while being overly flattering, does fit me. It also aligns with the results from the DISC test taken off Tony Robbins site.

4. Strategist Pattern

Choleric-Melancholy

"D-C"

The Strategist is more detail oriented than the other Cholerics. They initiate change. They usually operate from a well-thought through plan. They have creative ideas. They will often use very direct, forceful and persistent methods to get results or promote their ideas. They want to be in charge because of confidence in their ability to make things happen the "right" way. They like to solve problems and make decision and are actually quite able to do so. They usually have well thought-out goals and are very independent in an attempt to carry them out. They need to know exactly what is expected before they can function efficiently. They can be very forceful and very sensitive. They speak with authority and are usually very productive. When working on a project they exhibit sensitivity and strategy that reveals penetrating insight. To be highly motivated they need freedom, the opportunity for advancement, information that will help them get results and the chance to make something better. They dislike weakness.
http://fourtemperaments.com/Description2.htm

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I did the test again, most of the time I score 1 or 2 points higher on mel, compared to the san. And there's 4 choleric, and 4 phlegmatic.

Melancholy: 17
Sanguine: 15
Choleric: 4
Phlegmatic: 4