• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not feeling like an ENFP...

starfish

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello!

New to the forum and hoping for help. I have always been an ENFP but have felt different lately. As ENFPs grow up do they have to become more J or T to survive the "real world"? I'm facing all kinds of challenges and I'm being forced to question my perspective on the world. I don't like it and I don't like who I'm becoming. I LOVED being a carefree, emotional, zany ENFP and feel like I've become more boring and dark.

I miss being energetic and carefree! I don't like being overly organized and having a lot of responsibility...

Also wondering if my F is changing to T... I miss movies that make me cry. Feel like I'm phoning in a lot, as in acting like I always have but feeling like I'm faking the enthusiasm that used to come so naturally. I also feel like I'm constantly censoring myself.

Is this part of an ENFP's growth or maturation? Are my views just changing? Is there a way to stop it?!

Feeling lost, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi, welcome to the forum starfish :hi: :)

Originally posted by starfish
New to the forum and hoping for help. I have always been an ENFP but have felt different lately. As ENFPs grow up do they have to become more J or T to survive the "real world"? I'm facing all kinds of challenges and I'm being forced to question my perspective on the world. I don't like it and I don't like who I'm becoming. I LOVED being a carefree, emotional, zany ENFP and feel like I've become more boring and dark.

Well as ENFP's get older and mature so does their aux funtion Te and inferior function Si, meaning that we get better at being organized and being realistic. Also when stressed out, ENFP's can look like ISTJ's in a certain respect (ISTJ shadow), which may be the problem that your experincing as of now. Once you adapt though and can overcome your challenges, then you'll feel more naturally ENFP.

I miss being energetic and carefree! I don't like being overly organized and having a lot of responsibility...

No doubt about it, that's definitely something as ENFP would say.

Also wondering if my F is changing to T... I miss movies that make me cry. Feel like I'm phoning in a lot, as in acting like I always have but feeling like I'm faking the enthusiasm that used to come so naturally. I also feel like I'm constantly censoring myself.

It might be becuase your using Te more than your used to, and it taxes your energy. But no, it doesn't seem like you F is morphing into T, your type is still the same.

Is this part of an ENFP's growth or maturation? Are my views just changing? Is there a way to stop it?!

It's just a phase in your life, eventually things will turn out for the better and you'll come out much more wiser and mature becuase of it. Just stay optimisitc and true to who you are as a person. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello!

type doesn't change like that. you've probably developed your Te significantly and want a chance to use your Fi and Ne more. what do you do for a living? is your job having pressure on the way that you are outside of work?
also, it would help to know your Enneagram type. ENFP 2s can seem like ENFJ, ENFP 4s and 9s can seem like INFP, ENFP 5s can seem like ENTPs and ENFP 8s can seem like ENTJs. or perhaps you are an ENFP 7 and feel constricted and yearning for freedom.

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Hello!

Hi, there, fishy friend!

I am having these same problems. We need a support group.