• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Time to re-evaluate myself (again?) - what do you think I am/could be?

What type(s) do you think I might be?

• INFP

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFJ

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• ISTJ

• ESTJ

• You show more Fe than you percieve in yourself.

• You are right about Fe deficiency

• Your Ne is too strong to be any type of xxxJ

• You are not yourself and will need to recover first to see your true self.

• Total voters

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edit/re-write:
To clarify, the intent of this post is to get an idea of what others see me as through my posts. I know that in work or family environment I don't come across as how I see my true self, but I'm either sub-consciously or consciously self monitoring in those cases, which is not the case here, so seeign how people here see me should be more insightful than asking people that know me for the version of me that I use to adapt to daily life. If you do percieve me as somethign other than an xNFP, additional comments would be appreciated.
- Thanks! :)

The poll was intended to by multiple answer, but I messed up on poll creation and can't figure out how to fix it (or if its possible to edit a poll or not).

Usually I'm confident than I'm an INFP, but sometimes I think, well I suppose its possible that I could be an INFJ (but anythign without Fi in its top functions seems unlikely to me), sometimes I think I could be a shy and reserved ENFP and have even re-considered the possibility that I'm an NT of some type (but I think thats more inferior T taking over me under stress than any actual inclination toward a T preference). And of course I could be something else entirely...

Last edited:

MerkW

If any type without Fi in the dominant or auxiliary is extremely unlikely (as you so claim), then why do you even consider INxJ and xNTP? Also, in regards to the poll options, why would having an extremely well-developed Ne rule out any J type? That simply does not make sense.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
You definitely seem NF to me. My impression is that you're very strongly identity-seeking driven, which is indicative of the NF temperament.

Personally - I see more NFP than NFJ, but I can't quite explain why. Just my general thoughts of your recent posts.

E or I -- the differences are more subtle than people think. Is most of your energy directed inwards? (I'm guessing it is, so I'll say INFP.)

Also, IMO it's okay to have the non-standard function order. When I read Jung's original work, I interpreted his comments on auxiliary functions to have the same orientation as the dominant ones: meaning Fi/Ni would be a legitimate type.

Still, I'd say INFP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's highly unlikely you use introverted feeling and introverted intuition.

Which suits you better;

Are you more empathetic, and supportive or are you more clever?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
^ What does that mean, notta?

Is 155 posts not a lot, or is it a lot for you to still not know who he is?

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
^ What does that mean, notta?

Is 155 posts not a lot, or is it a lot for you to still not know who he is?

It's not a lot. Certainly not enough to actually evaluate a person. I can't recall a single one. Perhaps he's a better judge of his type than internet-folk at this point.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If any type without Fi in the dominant or auxiliary is extremely unlikely (as you so claim), then why do you even consider INxJ and xNTP? Also, in regards to the poll options, why would having an extremely well-developed Ne rule out any J type? That simply does not make sense.

As for INTJ, Fi would be their tertiary process, so it should at least in theory be not too uncommon to be more developed than Fe. Sometimes even as an inferior/aspiration 4th place function, Fi could be stronger than Fe if I understand the theory of tertiary and inferior/aspirational functions.

I think I do need to consider the possibility that my Fe might be stronger than I think, but just not properly developed, so it could be there wanting to get in control, but be doing more harm than good when it does. (does that make sense?)

With how I perceive Fi and Fe, INFJ seems like a far stretch to me, but a recent reply to one of my posts said I sounded a lot like an INFJ (which is what prompted me to seek more opinions on the matter again), and there are some INFJs here that do remind me a lot of myself (but most do not).

I consider INTP to be doubtful, but most posts be INTPs do make sense to me, and they would also have strong Ne, but every profile I read about INTPs stops pertaining to me at the point where they talk about how much they value logic (I can be logical about impersonal matters, but once people become involved, I start to see what I perceive to be stronger F tendencies).

Maybe I'm not thinking things through, but would J of any type not imply introverted perception, so it would rule out Ne as a dominant or secondary (ie J = Ni or Si as either the dominant or secondary function)? Although I doubt I'm an E of any sort, I sometimes feel like my Ne is more visible than my other functions (but it could just be subconsciously resorting to Ne when my other processes fail me).

edit/append:

Which suits you better;

I used to think I was more empathic, but recent events have called my empathic nature into question. Being clever/creative seems to come naturally and subconscious to me. I think its a supporting function, but I can't rule out thepossibility that its more dominant than I give it credit for.

It's not a lot. Certainly not enough to actually evaluate a person. I can't recall a single one. Perhaps he's a better judge of his type than internet-folk at this point.

To accurately evaluate, I'd be inclined to agree, but what I'm looking for are more general impressions of what type I may be presenting to others through what I say and how I say it (and most specifically, impressions from recent posts compared to older ones). Most of the time I'm reasonably comfortable with my self evaluation, but sometimes I have fairly strong self doubt too, so I like to know what others perceive that I might be blind to. I don't expect a lot of responses, but those whose names are mutually recognizable from participation in the same threads are those that will be most meaningful to me, but I also realize that some observers may have a stronger impression of me than I may realize as well and those observations would be interesting in their own regard. Several posts (or even one good one) is all it usually takes for me to to form a rough impression of someone, so at least for myself I did'nt see post quantity as being that important of a consideration. Maybe I should have posted this in the NF Blogs instead, but it made more sense to post it here than there to me at the time.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
With how I perceive Fi and Fe, INFJ seems like a far stretch to me,
Not at all. It's not uncommon to have the shadow of one of our Dom/Aux functions be more developed than, or about as developed as, its primary. Quite a few INFPs and INFJs on INFPgc fall into this pattern, including me. I even know of one INFJ (and I think also one INFP at least) who has all four FN functions very strongly developed.

I used to have my Fi higher than my Fe, until I realised this was strongly linked to my depression, and deliberately started working on reversing that tendency. My Fi is still very high, though.

heart

heart on fire

Which suits you better;

Are you cleverly supportive?

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not at all. It's not uncommon to have the shadow of one of our Dom/Aux functions be more developed than, or about as developed as, its primary. Quite a few INFPs and INFJs on INFPgc fall into this pattern, including me. I even know of one INFJ (and I think also one INFP at least) who has all four FN functions very strongly developed.

I used to have my Fi higher than my Fe, until I realised this was strongly linked to my depression, and deliberately started working on reversing that tendency. My Fi is still very high, though.

Interesting. I have been trying more to understand Fe better, but I think my attempt to better understand it has made me even more self critical than I was oblivious to how poorly I was using Fe. I've visited INFPgc a few times (just as a lurker), and either find I relate very clearly or not at all with those there who show as INFP (probably 50/50 split), but none of the INFPs that regularily post here give me that feeling of I'm very different (somewhat different, but not a lot) than them. With INFJs it feels like its around 20 (relate)/80 (don't relate) split, but the ones I do relate with feels as strong or stronger than my connection to most other INFPs.

Would you mind sharing what did you do to develop better use of Fe?
(might be better for PM since its slighlty offtopic)

Are you cleverly supportive?

I don't know. I probably try to be without thinking about it tho. If the first idea that comes to mind is simple and would seem to work well (ie, just offering to listen) thats not very creative, but sometimes creative ideas will pop into my head (about anything, not specifically about beign supportive or anything else) and I'll go with that too in addition to whatever else feels right for the moment, but in general, just listenign and trying to be understanding is how I try to show support in most cases.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I talk about this all the time. Look at what you're most firm in. You're simply not introspecting 'right'. You're flittering. Take a bunch of tests. Find the mean in the dichotomy. For example, for me, I'm strong in T and J. In other words, I've never got F, and only once or twice got anything other than P. The problem for me is E and S. And although I keep getting S, I understand why, and understand what the questions are actually trying to ask me; then I realise I'm answering them wrong.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I talk about this all the time. Look at what you're most firm in. You're simply not introspecting 'right'. You're flittering. Take a bunch of tests. Find the mean in the dichotomy. For example, for me, I'm strong in T and J. In other words, I've never got F, and only once or twice got anything other than P. The problem for me is E and S. And although I keep getting S, I understand why, and understand what the questions are actually trying to ask me; then I realise I'm answering them wrong.

I've taken lots of tests, and INF are all consistent on those (those I've taken in the last year at least). The J/P axis can flip either way depending on my mood, so eventually i started ignoring those tests and evaluating it purely from self evaluation through looking at the cognitive processes and reading more books. Most of the time I'm fairly certain that I'm INFP based on the Fi/Ne interaction that is clearly visible when I examine my thinking, but I can see enough situations where I could be a confused version of some other type that I'm not willing to completely rule out those possibilities.

Again, to clarify, while self doubt may have been the spark of this post...
I'm most interested in getting perspective of HOW OTHERS SEE ME and then reconciling that with my own self perceptions.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
TenebrousReflection, this is rather simplistic if you have heard it, but there are four types of introverted 'teddybears.' INFPs are warm on the inside and outside. INFJs are warm on the inside and cold on the outside. (INTPs-cold/warm, INTJs cold/cold.) This doesn't ring true for everyone, but if some people see you as rather aloof, you may be an INFJ....

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see you as INFP based on what you have written about yourself on this forum when talking about how you process/approach things.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I voted INFP just because we seem to always question whether or not we are another type. (I am guilty of this on more than one occasion)