• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My MBTI indicator changed rather drastically after 5 years

Doobie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Good day from a sunny South Africa,

Im new to the forum. I wrote an MBTI this morning and my results are much different from what it was 5 years ago. I'm stumped, is this possible to have such a change in it?

I used to be an ENTJ now 5 years down the line I am an ENTP.

I dont understand enough after reading about it to figure out if the change is possible and if so what the cause of it was.

When I took the test I was feeling rather depressed and down could this be it or that 2 years ago I changed careers from an logistical and execution role to a more creative management role?:shock:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The assessment results are influenced by work/job. I score higher on Ti for example, because of this. It doesn't mean you've changed type though. One of them is likely wrong.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You consider going from ENTJ to ENTP drastic? My first MBTI test gave me ISTJ as a result and I've thought to been three other types after then!

But it's not abnormal at all, since the tests aren't completely reliable and certain aspects of your personality can develop at a young age.

Also, welcome to the forum :hi: :)

Doobie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you for your answers guys, I still a bit baffled. I cant think that a Psychometric test with this reputation can change to that extend and its not as if I was trying to answer differently i.e. this time.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The assessment results are influenced by work/job. I score higher on Ti for example, because of this. It doesn't mean you've changed type though. One of them is likely wrong.

this. + internet tests give false results quite often, you cant really trust them, but only see them as a little guidance on figuring out your type.

Jaguar

Thank you for your answers guys, I still a bit baffled. I cant think that a Psychometric test with this reputation can change to that extend and its not as if I was trying to answer differently i.e. this time.

Reputation? All it really means is viral marketing works.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, what's really important is whether you relate to Te and Ni, or Ne and Ti. Have you looked up function theory yet?

The J/P thing could just mean that you're more focused on N than before, being more creative and everything, rather than organized.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Another thing to do which I don't see mentioned much is start from the other end and eliminate. Which type(s) do you think you have least affinity with based on portraits you can find? Similarly which type(s) do you dislike most? Read portraits, read about the functions in order to understand what the questions in a questionnaire really mean. I used to be very frustrated by questions containing psycho-jargon, and those containing ambiguity (a big INTP no no that one). you need to do a number of iterations of questionnaire -> portrait -> function understanding -> back to questionnaire. Clarity took me 2 years - and even then I'd only call it semi-clarity.

Talking of polar opposites, if I'm typed correctly then mine would be the ESFJ. But the one I feel least closeness to is without question ExTJ. I think this is because the harsher certainty of the EJ mode of living is significantly enhanced by the Te pointed at the rest of the world which would do well do look out. There's a mountain of difference between Te and Ti. The ESFJ on the other hand is a gentler person all-round though not a patch on ISFx.