• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arclight

What Type?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

• ISFP

• INTP

• INTJ

• Other. Do tell please

• Total voters

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hello folk.

I guess this thread was eventual.

I am not so much looking for my type as much as I am curious about others perceptions.

I test as an INFJ/P.. I have also tested as INTP, INTJ and ISFP.

When I was a teenager I tested as ENFJ.

People have suggested I might be an ENTP , ENFP or ENFJ.

I am very moody and my moods tend to rule my behavior.
I fluctuate and this must be confusing at times.

What do you feel/think?

Please chime in :)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking ENFJ? But I'm not sure I could explain why...!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are a multifaceted diamond of typing problems.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is just pure intuition, but something about you seems ESTJ to me

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Arclight :) He is NF, if NF is the fierce empathetic, romantic idealist temperament as advertised. He can come off as passionately unrestrained at times. I've seen him be radically compassionate, too.

The way he goes to the mat when someone denigrates what he values sometimes feels very Fi to me. But I don't know...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think F-dom, but whether that is ENFJ or INFP, I'm not sure.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
The way he goes to the mat when someone denigrates what he values sometimes feels very Fi to me. But I don't know...

This is because whatever I am confronting, is challenging my hope and/or faith in something or someone. Faith and Hope are all I have to go on..
They are what give me my strength and courage. Without hope and faith, I flounder and lose aim.
So if It seems like I am having a life and death struggle over some issue.. In some ways, I am.
If I lose faith in people.. It's not good.. not at all. :(

This is very e6.. I am not sure what function it would equal.

My actual "values" are relative and always flexible.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I've gotten that impression a few times too, but I think ENFJ looks that way sometimes. Perhaps a shadow or atypical enneagram? I'm guessing ENFJ for now.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've gotten that impression a few times too, but I think ENFJ looks that way sometimes. Perhaps a shadow or atypical enneagram? I'm guessing ENFJ for now.

this is true. ENFJs and ESTJs can look a lot alike and often times exhibit the same behaviors and take the same social dynamic in most relationships. I guess it's that "I'm the leader but I still serve the group" sort of vibe

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you are sure you are e6 (which you seem to be) and not so sure of your MBTI type, would you say you identify more with the enneagram? Do you find it more useful?

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Why so? *never mind* saw your post just now.

ENFP. Fi....and from personal experience, pragmatic about emotions. I'm not sure how to explain this... :shrug:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
If you are sure you are e6 (which you seem to be) and not so sure of your MBTI type, would you say you identify more with the enneagram? Do you find it more useful?

While no MBTI profile description seems to quite describe me entirely (ENFJ when I am healthy, is the closest)
6w5 is me right to the core.
I would also say Enneagram is more helpful not only with myself.. but for grokking others as well.
Surface behavior can be deceptive, controlled and can have a completely different origin and yet look exactly the same.
Is bravado born out of insecurity, different looking on the surface, than bravado born out of over confidence?
They look very similar, but come from the opposite ends of the spectrum.

This is why MBTI confusion is somewhat more common.
Behavior is deceptive without knowing what motivates it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While no MBTI profile description seems to quite describe me entirely (ENFJ when I am healthy, is the closest)
6w5 is me right to the core.
I would also say Enneagram is more helpful not only with myself.. but for grokking others as well.
Surface behavior can be deceptive, controlled and can have a completely different origin and yet look exactly the same.
Is bravado born out of insecurity, different looking on the surface, than bravado born out of over confidence?
They look very similar, but come from the opposite ends of the spectrum.

This is why MBTI confusion is somewhat more common.
Behavior is deceptive without knowing what motivates it.

I think Enneagram is confusion is more common. perhaps MBTI is more confusing to you because you are more cognitively balanced while Enneagram is more confusing to me because I'm more spiritually balanced.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think Enneagram is confusion is more common. perhaps MBTI is more confusing to you because you are more cognitively balanced while Enneagram is more confusing to me because I'm more spiritually balanced.

This is entirely possible.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Overall, ENFJ seems like a good match, although elements of the ENFP description such as the strong focus on relationships seem to fit you as well. I have also seen glimpses of ESTP and ENTP in you at times. You like to write poems like INFPs, you have a practical thinking side like the ISTPs, and your writings sometimes remind me very much of male INFJs. You seem to be strong in cognitive functions that are all over the place in terms of trying to match them to specific types (Ne, Ni, Fe, and Fi). Therefore, I christen you, Oh Arclight, a chameleon, xxxx, the God type. :)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
^^^ Fe and Ni, a chameleon do make..
ENFJs are known as mimics to a degree.
They are known to emulate those they respect and admire.

Very nice words I.M. :blush:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I guess it's that "I'm the leader but I still serve the group" sort of vibe

I missed this post..

This is something..

I never claim to be a leader.. I do not want to be a leader.
I am happy being part of the group, or on equal footing in 1 on 1 situations.

Other people christen me the "leader".
Even if I am not the "boss" at work.. I just become the leader..
This is nothing I do consciously.
It happens because I engage people, and lead by example.
If I say something.. I do it.
If I say work hard, to you.. I then work harder.
As people get to know me.. They all say the same thing.. " The advice you gave me was spot on"
I do not ask for this..
And have underachieved my whole life.. because I don't want the responsibility.

I am a mentor.. Not a leader.. and I always want to serve others.. It's my nature.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I missed this post..

This is something..

I never claim to be a leader.. I do not want to be a leader.
I am happy being part of the group, or on equal footing in 1 on 1 situations.

Other people christen me the "leader".
Even if I am not the "boss" at work.. I just become the leader..
This is nothing I do consciously.
It happens because I engage people, and lead by example.
If I say something.. I do it.
If I say work hard, to you.. I then work harder.
As people get to know me.. They all say the same thing.. " The advice you gave me was spot on"
I do not ask for this..
And have underachieved my whole life.. because I don't want the responsibility.

I am a mentor.. Not a leader.. and I always want to serve others.. It's my nature.

NFs don't lead the same what that a TJ would. we're more like guides than leaders in the hierarchal sense (this is just a theory, but I think NFs as a whole despise hierarchy the most of all the types). ENFJs and ENFPs tend to fall into leadership positions for a number of reasons
1) good at motivating people
2) if someone has a personal problem that's bothering them, we can usually help them very quickly
3) we don't tend to be bossy or controlling, but we still tend to be confident. this combination makes people more likely to do what you want them to
4) NFs don't like to micromanage. we have a more "go gett'em tiger" approach
5) even in situations where we know absolutely nothing, an ENFP or ENFJ who's filled in on the situation can almost always contribute something toward solving the problem
6) I can't speak for ENFJs, but I know ENFPs usually have a very hard time taking orders