• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Luna's Type?

Type?

• Obvious INTP is obvious

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Probably INTP

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • ENTP

• ISTP

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ENFP

• Something else...

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Athenian200 said:
perhaps she just likes the idea of precision.

indeed.

just voted, obvious INTP is obvious :)

Ti appears J-like sometimes; your 4 wing is heavy.

luna, you are a bit softer and sweeter than the average INTP.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That is odd; I do not intend to be vague or symbolic. I intend to be clear and accurate. I think that often times stating things simply is more clear and just as precise as adding a bunch of other semi-relevant stuff for support.

That sounds Ti

I’ve probably already mentioned this before, but my communication is probably peculiar for this forum because I am very slow at processing information and know very little about anything in comparison to the other members.

Why do you say that? I don't get that impression at all. Some people appear to know alot because they seem to reply to a ton of different threads on various topics but what they're saying may not be well thought out.

I have also thought of INTJ, since I have been close on the J/P and have decent Te. The non-identification with Ni throws me off too. I do not get any sort of ‘sudden insights’ whatsoever, though perhaps I could blame that on the processing problems rather than typological preference. Going by the descriptions, I can relate to some parts of Ni, but any of the questions that mention things like ‘mystical’ and ‘symbolic’ are not my style of intuition at all.

I'm also close on the J/P and have decent Te. However I identify with Ti more. I only partially identify with Ni. Like you I don't identify much with mystical or symbolic. I do think some of those Ni descriptions could stand to be rewritten. Are INFJs really some super mystical psychic types? Well maybe a few but I doubt the majority of INFJs are like this. The descriptions though may lead you to think that about INFJs.

Yeah, the percentages are probably more of a Luna thing than a Ti thing. I am very interested in statistics and by taking a statistics class right now, this type of thing has only become worse =P

I think I'd attribute percentages more to Te than Ti. I'm a Ti user but I like statistics and percents and all that too. Maybe because I have decent Te. :yes:

I am interested in finding the logic behind the tests, it’s just that so far the only logic I see is “I answer a bunch of questions about me, and the test responds by spitting those back at me in a more concise format.” The problem is, the questions are sometimes pretty silly things that I pretty much guess at anyway because I don’t have a preference for either. I don't understand why the questions do this. This is why such a huge amount of tests is needed for me to see the real trend of my preferences.
b
Well INTPs love finding out the logic behind the tests. It goes with being dominant Ti. I know for me, that's half the fun of taking the test is analyzing it and taking it apart. You have to remember, some of those tests aren't very good. They create false dichotomies and force you to choose between things that aren't necessarily opposite each other. I think alot of MBTI tests tend to be forced choice because the idea behind it is to get at what side you prefer. It doesn't care about the degree. A more trait based test like the Big Five tends to use Likert type scales more. I do think the degree you prefer one response to another does matter. A question you end up essentially random picking a response because both options equally apply or neither one applies at all should not carry as much weight in your results as a question where you have a definite preference for one of the options. Yet forced choice tests don't take that into account.

Oh, and welcome to INTPland!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you say that? I don't get that impression at all. Some people appear to know alot because they seem to reply to a ton of different threads on various topics but what they're saying may not be well thought out.

Knowing enough to decently reply to various topics is better than only being able to reply at all to some topics.
There just seems to be a lot more information in other's posts (especially the INTPs) than in mine.

I'm also close on the J/P and have decent Te. However I identify with Ti more. I only partially identify with Ni. Like you I don't identify much with mystical or symbolic. I do think some of those Ni descriptions could stand to be rewritten. Are INFJs really some super mystical psychic types? Well maybe a few but I doubt the majority of INFJs are like this. The descriptions though may lead you to think that about INFJs.

I identify more with Ti than Te too... I use Te a lot, but some of it isn't really natural for me. It's hard for me to judge when exactly I switch into more of a Ti-mode, but at the times when it is obvious, I notice that it seems more natural. I'm probably framing this incorrectly though...

I don't think Ni is about being psychic, but it does seem to be about a style of intuition that isn't my dominant function. I'd probably understand it a little better if it was.

Well INTPs love finding out the logic behind the tests. It goes with being dominant Ti. I know for me, that's half the fun of taking the test is analyzing it and taking it apart. You have to remember, some of those tests aren't very good. They create false dichotomies and force you to choose between things that aren't necessarily opposite each other. I think alot of MBTI tests tend to be forced choice because the idea behind it is to get at what side you prefer. It doesn't care about the degree. I do think the degree you prefer one response to another does matter. A question you end up essentially random picking a response because both options equally apply or neither one applies at all should not carry as much weight in your results as a question where you have a definite preference for one of the options. Yet forced choice tests don't take that into account.

Yes, but does being INTP also mean that I should've been able to find a logic behind the tests by analyzing them? I'm not sure if I've found one for precisely the reasons you stated. What even qualifies as a logic behind the test?

Oh, and welcome to INTPland!

Thank you... but I actually entered INTPland nearly 4 years ago. It's just that my pass to get in is about to expire, and I'm seeing if I qualify for a new one. ;)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Edit: In response to Athenian's former post)

Well, that's kind of the point of the thread. I want to choose INTP as my type because it's actually my type, not because of any sort of bias. I don't see the versatility or standards being low, but I don't think it is pointless to question and I get to the same answer as before in a more informed manner.... I don't know. I'm up way too late, and you have obviously been on the forum longer.

I would like to see if I am Te/Fi or Fe/Ti or whatnot, and why. I don't know if going by these pairs actually works, but it is at least somewhere to go from. I assure you that if reason and evidence show that I am another type, I will change my type, and attempt to move on with my life after this grand 4-year delusion ;)

(Edit: Maybe you took it back now.... but I'm still going to take your points seriously.)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you... but I actually entered INTPland nearly 4 years ago. It's just that my pass to get in is about to expire, and I'm seeing if I qualify for a new one. ;)

Here's a new pass. ;)

5512532657_eea158c8d6_m.jpg

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have either of you seen this thread?
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...mental-definitions-functions-esp-judging.html
I try to really clarify the T vs F dichotomy in terms of impersonal vs personal, and it seems both of your focus is more impersonal, despite whatever stereotypical "F" behaviors you might testify to.

To even go back over part of the OP in this light:

Key parts of the INFP description that I fit:
-focused on making the world a better place
-idealist
-interested in understanding people
-fighting for causes
All of this can be done from an impersonal perspective. It is logical to try to make the world a better place, fight for causes like that, and to try to understand people. You can reason that doing these things will make the world a safer place for you to live. As the Hartzlers point out in Functions of Type (p.40), that kind of reasoning would be a [Ti] "principle", rather than an [Fi] "value".

Key parts I don't fit:
-placing little importance on who is right and who is wrong
-not liking to deal with hard facts and logic
-disbelief in impersonal judgement

These are further definite evidences of an impersonal focus, and there we even see our key word, "impersonal".

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ A little intimidating of a pass there, but I'll take it :)

So...... are there any threads on here that go over Te/Fi vs. Ti/Fe in more detail? I have looked around here and other internet sources and not found much.

I am not understanding these approaches to type that are either dealing with strict functional ordering or socionics-like systems, and how to weave them in at all with my current approach of Jungian cognitive functions focusing on the dominant and auxillary, paired with MBTI dichotomies. Perhaps there will never be a full agreement if, in the end, I am still using a different approach to type than some of the others here.

And what ever happened to the possibility of me being ENTP? Only one person addressed my posts on that at all. Is that just too hard to judge online? Or am I really that obviously an introvert?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have either of you seen this thread?
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...mental-definitions-functions-esp-judging.html
I try to really clarify the T vs F dichotomy in terms of impersonal vs personal, and it seems both of your focus is more impersonal, despite whatever stereotypical "F" behaviors you might testify to.

I had not seen that thread. Those definitions of the functions look really good. But they are written so well that I am identifying with all of them. As far as the judging functions go, it seems I am slightly most fluent in "judg[ing] relationships between impersonal objects according to an internal standard" (Ti). The perceiving functions were a little more difficult for me to understand, strangely enough. Probably because I have seen them being defined differently.

All of this can be done from an impersonal perspective. It is logical to try to make the world a better place, fight for causes like that, and to try to understand people. You can reason that doing these things will make the world a safer place for you to live. As the Hartzlers point out in Functions of Type (p.40), that kind of reasoning would be a [Ti] "principle", rather than an [Fi] "value".

Interesting, it does seem like I do a lot of approaching personal-type of stuff from a impersonal perspective (and also sometimes vice-versa). But I don't know if it's a blend of Fe-Ti or Te-Fi or what else it could be categorized into. I wonder if the function's approaches to making the world a better place could be classified.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had not seen that thread. Those definitions of the functions look really good.
Thanks!
But that's the essense of what they're about.
But they are written so well that I am identifying with all of them. As far as the judging functions go, it seems I am slightly most fluent in "judg[ing] relationships between impersonal objects according to an internal standard" (Ti). The perceiving functions were a little more difficult for me to understand, strangely enough. Probably because I have seen them being defined differently.
Well, those were always the easier definitions. Concrete vs abstract. It's either about experience in its own right, or finding meanings of experience.

Interesting, it does seem like I do a lot of approaching personal-type of stuff from a impersonal perspective (and also sometimes vice-versa). But I don't know if it's a blend of Fe-Ti or Te-Fi or what else it could be categorized into. I wonder if the function's approaches to making the world a better place could be classified.
Tht focus is determined by the preferred function, and the opposite function in tandem simply backs it up. If what you approach is personal, yet your actual rational processing of it is impersonal, the process is what determines T/F. So you look at an external personal situation, and rationalize based on an internal, impersonal standard.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is the way I am starting to see things now:

Basically I want to get to what type best 'defines' me, though looking at multiple perspectives.

But through it all, I was listing my type and replying as if I'm certainly INTP. I'm trying to look at all the ideas out there, but under it all I'm running a Ti-Si loop of "INTP must be what best defines me. It is what makes sense. That is what it has always been for the past 4 years and it works."

So then, the other day, my Ne went and slapped my Ti-Si loop. "What are you doing? Acting like you are totally open but still running that silly loop! There's this idea to go with over to this one, and...."

Then Te is like "Ne is actually right. This is totally ineffective. If you are going to do a 'What's My Type?' thread, do it right."

and Ni through it is like "a Ti-Si loop... (that thing, and that thing, and whatnot) it's all starting to come together now!"

Then the Ti-Si loop replies "well if this is the title for this thought loop that I can be described as, then that shows even better that Luna is best defined as INTP"

and Fe reminds me "Goodness Luna! You're making things so difficult for these people. You'll need to provide extra cupcakes for this."

and Fi argues "Cupcakes are nice, but she isn't being difficult. It's all part of the self-discovery journey..."

and Se intrudes "You've been on the computer too long.... type this up later and get dressed, and drink some water, and..."

:biggrin:

Anyway, I went and threw my type out the window, for now.

and here's some cupcakes that should last a while

IMG00247-20100705-1145.jpg

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
So many cupcakes!!!

And my vote is still spread between INTP and possibly INFP if its possibly just other stuff contributing that make you seem more T...

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To oversimplify things again, my perspective right now is that I am either:

an underfocused INTP

an underenergized ENTP

a value-shallow INFP

an indecisive INTJ

or a spacey ISTP

Now all I need to do is choose :laugh:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The plot thickens....

I took another enneagram test, and was careful with it to make sure I wasn't just answering about what my MBTI type is.

Type 1 5
Type 2 1
Type 3 6
Type 4 3
Type 5 7
Type 6 5
Type 7 6
Type 8 3
Type 9 0

First of all, what happened to my 4? I'm still way focused on being weird.

Second, if I am a 5, what am I supposed to have as a wing?

Third, I have done some research that shows that ENTPs are usually either type 7 or 3. Coincidence?

Four, I am still not very surprised, now that I remember the first time I took the test I tested as a type 7. The description looked too extraverted for me, so I dismissed it and took my second highest result to become a 5w6. But nowadays I realize that the type 5 description is also too introverted for me.

Conclusion: this, along with countless other stuff I have uncovered, indicates that I may be best described as an ENTP/INTP hybrid. Though this isn't much of a conclusion, I need to pick one :p Should I flip a coin? Should I look into more of the INFP and INTJ stuff before I begin rushing into things? I did take a look at this: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/8keys.html and found that I relate more to Ne/Si over Ni/Se, and slightly more to Ti/Fe over Te/Fi. Those pairs are actually starting to make sense now.

Maybe I am just talking to myself over and over at this point. After 3 continuous days, it's getting tiring now, so I'll probably end up going with the coin flip ;)

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I'll contribute more in a couple days when I have time to think,lol.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are tons of things I have found out over the past week. I should point out that these are only some of the main points, as to not write a whole book about it.

I think I am equal parts enneagram 4 and 5. I am obsessed with both individuality and competence. Kind of an alien analyzing the earth...
But 5w4 makes sense in that I am 7-like during stress and 8-like while strong.

Through the things I’ve discovered recently, I’ll have to revise this a bit.
Yes, I do like to be an individual, but other than that… some of the enneagram 4 stuff is just not right at all.

Also, I have found that I am also very 7-like in my healthiest states as well, and 8-like during some of my weakest states.

The enneagram thing is tricky in itself, so there is another thread I have dedicated just for that.

I don't think I am mixing up Ne and Ti: they are pretty different things. Ne generates ideas and Ti refines them, basically. They almost undo each other. Whatever I am, I'm something with strong Ti.

To add on to this, I still think Ti a lot and not as some Ne/Something else blend. But now I see that I was probably overlapping the characteristics of Ne and Fi a bit, and mixed up a more Ne-style idealism for the NF temperament. Perhaps this is throwing off others as well.

I've really overdeveloped the Te to the point where I give a slight INTJ impression sometimes. But a lot of it is developed because (1) I'd get absolutely nothing followed through without it, and (2) I grew up with a couple of ExTJs.

Furthermore, it seems like this has developed as a need because I am so heavily Perceiving. I noticed that often it wasn’t desirable to others when I would talk about ideas ad infinitum without a plan or whatnot, so I looked to my very-ENTJ sister and said “I’ve got to be like her instead!” Alas, I am no ENTJ, so while I did pick up some good ways of organization and decision from her, I’m still terribly indecisive and on top of it I look more bossy and cold than under control when trying to use Te to direct others.

My Fe isn't that pathetic, but "harmonizing group values and respected societal norms"? I'm the opposite of group values and social norms ;)

To add on to this, I think I actually do have a good Fe preference for an NT, just not this style of Fe :p

Per this definition, http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/extravertedfeeling.html , I like to connect to people and tell them all about me (if they’ll give me the chance). I am also friendly and somewhat kind. I’m just not one to really harmonize or go with what the norm is.

I also do identify a little more with the INTPs here than the members of another type, but not strong enough to really form a 'pack.'

And I am finding now that those that I identify with on here most are the more Ne-heavy INTPs, and some of the more introvert-like ENTPs. Perhaps this is an indication of something…

Since you mention Phlegmatic and Choleric, then the Phlegmatic part (assuming it was Inclusion) would suggest INTP. If you were ENTP, you would be Sanguine-Choleric (and also, as I think I mentioned, 7w8).
So no, I don't think ENTP. (and it has no votes so far, as well).

Well I’m not going to rule it out so fast just because it has no votes :p I/E is probably just hard to judge on the internet, and IRL people are going to be thrown off just because I don’t talk very much. (It’s important to note though that when I do talk, I probably show enthusiasm with it. But I can’t say for sure because I do not see me.) I also think that the tests are underestimating my sanguineness. (The question of enneagram type is on my other thread).

Going by the descriptions, I can relate to some parts of Ni…

And I have researched this further and now I sort of have a grasp on what Ni is like. I have seen that I can use Ni sometimes, just not enough to be an INxJ.
In terms of percentages (and this one is made up this time), I’m about 99% sure I am Ne>Ni preference-wise :p

Maybe I am just talking to myself over and over at this point. After 3 continuous days, it's getting tiring now, so I'll probably end up going with the coin flip ;)

For this reason:
I assure you that if reason and evidence show that I am another type, I will change my type, and attempt to move on with my life after this grand 4-year delusion
I have decided against the coin flip. Changing my type after nearly 4 years needs to be something that I take seriously and carefully. Especially with an important divide like the I/E one is.

So, when I do remove that little ‘x’ there, it is after tons of exploration and figuring things out on my part. It’ll be that I seriously think that is my type of best fit.

I seriously do like (i.e. desperately desire) seeing other perspectives on this (and I thank those who have dared to question my type, including the very brave person who voted ISTP...), so if you think I’ve missed something important, please tell.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just now my Ti-Ne senses spoke to me and say "INFP seems a possible fit, if you factor in everything said to the function order of INFP's and their potential for diversity with emphasis on extraverted intuition and thinking, especially the extraverted thinking part which is said to drain energy away from INFP's, possible causing a spacey/dreamy character."

So I said to my Ti-Ne senses "Hey, you know, you could be right!". "Duh, ofcourse I can.". "I can't say we're all that good informed though, we hardly know her, but it couldn't hurt to at least post this right?". Ofcourse my Ti-Ne senses responded with "Nonsense! That will take up a few minutes of your time, valuable time I could be spending on something new!". But this time, I was the boss of my Ti-Ne senses. And so my Ti-Ne senses are currently moping in a far away reach of my brain. Thus here I am, depicting you as an INFP, and probably risking getting shunned because of it! But I don't care. And I just heard my Ti-Ne senses mope around about how this is all on me, and they had -nothing- to do with it, so neither does my Ti-Ne senses.

Besides, if there is anything that can screw up an mbti test and leave you pondering on your type for several years, it is being Fi-dom. :>

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :laugh:

You make some good points, which I will respond with these points:

Wouldn't any exercise in figuring out one's type be, to some extent, an exercise in Fi? And then, to type me based on this, wouldn't this lead to the conclusion that only an IxFP can doubt their type? Seems kind of silly and circular.

I've only been seriously been questioning my type for a week now, previous to that I was simply looking for more input, while still being very secure in my preferences. I think part of what bugs me about this week of indecision is that my Fi is kind of immature in relation to true INFPs. My observations of 'who I really am' and whatnot are rather superficial it seems. But Fi, by definition, is necessary for determining my type, so it is expected that you are going to see a lot of it from me in this thread.

I'm not shunning you, it is just that this point has been brought up A LOT and I am trying to figure this part out.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You're considering ENTP now, Luna?

Actually... I guess I could see that. It seems more likely than INTP. You could very well be a Ti user, I just can't see you as Ti dominant... you seem more N than T.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi-doms follow deep personal convictions rather than social values, making them appear somewhat original and unconventional. At the same time, this makes it very hard to type Fi based on a prefixed set of questions. Having your own unique set of convictions, you could very well find yourself to be answering different in the typology test spectrums that test for Fi, whilest you are still using Fi in the process.

That is, if you are an INFP.