• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I'm curious. Two years ago, the first time I took the MBTI, I was an INTJ. A couple of months ago, I was typed an INTJ again.
My Socionics: xNTj
Enneagram *by greatest: 1, 8, 3
Wings*: 1w2, 1w9, 4w3
E/I score is very inconsistent, though it usually falls to the I side.
S/N score ranges from 15% Sensing to 80% Intuition.
T/F score is never F.
J/P score is fairly consistent at 55% J .

The only letter I'm really sure about is T.
The problem I have with the first two letters is that what I consider extroverted/sensing may be considered introverted/intuition by others. I also find an inherent contradiction about being an intuitive and a thinker at the same time. The last letter on the other hand, I really have no idea.

How I see myself:

Contrary to most INTJ's, I am a very good socializer. I was Editor-in-chief of my school paper and was part many activities including student exchange programs abroad. It is not unusual for me to take leadership, and I honestly enjoy it. However, I am usually the most quiet one within conversations. It's more accurate to say actually, that I'm the least talkative one. I do more of the listening, and I prefer not engage in small talk.

Moreover, as much as I enjoy extroverted activities, I simply enjoy introverted activities a whole lot more. I enjoy studying, working, fantasizing, thinking, and reflecting. These aggregate to a large portion of my time.

I tend to be diplomatic, but not for diplomacy's sake, but as a means to an end. I consider myself dutiful and I take responsibility when no one wants to. Otherwise, I can be quite loyal albeit with some degree of skepticism to people I like. Finally, I live my days with schedules and like to be at least a step advanced in everything, but I try to be as much flexible as possible.

How others in real life see me:

My mom once said I was cold, yet very kind. My small group of friends also said something similar. I also have been negatively called as two-faced, which I'll admit to be true at times.

I have also been called a cynic, which is true to an extent. A fair amount of my acquaintances have commented on how attractive I am. In what manner when I asked, they said it's not just the way I look, but how I can be so calm and cool and yet do silly things. In reality, those "silly things" are just small misunderstandings. Speaking of which, I have always been misunderstood; Most of the time though, I do not mind and just let it pass, but there are exceptions.

I've been called heartless and/or someone with no emotions. In my defense, I consider myself an emotionally sensitive person. "Unlike you, I know why I feel this way and what you're about to do is just stupid." —sums up what I usually say afterward.

I have sometimes also been called arrogant and close minded. In my defense, I consider myself a very open minded person. "I have a code in which I must always thoroughly consider every option and opinion. I just don't think that's a good idea."—sums up what I usually say afterward.

My problem with S/N:

I cannot understand how one can be intuitive and thinking at the same time. I always trust well-thought reasoning. Heck, I'd trust my emotions more than my intuition. Or am I on the wrong page?

Regarding the topic, I am very much an ideas person. I value evidence very very greatly, but I am not bound by it. As I mentioned, I am very skeptical, and I usually get most of my ideas by filling the blanks between the facts. I wouldn't say I'm good at understanding theories, but I never dismiss it. Lastly, what people think is idealistic and unrealistic, I think It's not impossible. Basically, all my ideas are fairly based on reality/evidence.

The main reason I get confused to answer tests like the MBTI is because a term can be so relative.

And that's about it. Sorry if it was long.

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by ultimawepun
Contrary to most INTJ's, I am a very good socializer. I was Editor-in-chief of my school paper and was part many activities including student exchange programs abroad. It is not unusual for me to take leadership, and I honestly enjoy it. However, I am usually the most quiet one within conversations. It's more accurate to say actually, that I'm the least talkative one. I do more of the listening, and I prefer not engage in small talk.

On the contrary, INTJ's often tend to be great in social activities and organizing groups. Just because your Introverted doesn't mean your bad with social skills or reluctant to act socially; just that you derive energy from solitude and your more liekly to think first act second.

Moreover, as much as I enjoy extroverted activities, I simply enjoy introverted activities a whole lot more. I enjoy studying, working, fantasizing, thinking, and reflecting. These aggregate to a large portion of my time.

I tend to be diplomatic, but not for diplomacy's sake, but as a means to an end. I consider myself dutiful and I take responsibility when no one wants to. Otherwise, I can be quite loyal albeit with some degree of skepticism to people I like. Finally, I live my days with schedules and like to be at least a step advanced in everything, but I try to be as much flexible as possible.

Sounds like INTJ to me.

Actually, reading though the rest of it, I'm picking up an INTJ vibe from you, and your demeanor comes off as INTJ.

Have you read any of the INTJ descriptions, or compared them to other possible types?

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
On the contrary, INTJ's often tend to be great in social activities and organizing groups. Just because your Introverted doesn't mean your bad with social skills or reluctant to act socially; just that you derive energy from solitude and your more liekly to think first act second.

I understand. Most of what I read regarding INTJ's usually state the opposite. And most of those who wrote what I read assumed that introverts are not good at socializing, so I adjusted my stance likewise.

Sounds like INTJ to me.

Actually, reading though the rest of it, I'm picking up an INTJ vibe from you, and your demeanor comes off as INTJ.

Have you read any of the INTJ descriptions, or compared them to other possible types?

I have actually read all type descriptions. Like everyone, there were bits that I agree, disagree, and were neutral to in every type.

The first type forum I went to is the INTJ forums. My basic type knowledge I found there. I also found them very interesting, and then lurked around other type specific forums like INTPcentral and ENFPforum. Then I found typologycentral, which explains my recent sign up.

I'm curious to what you mean by an INTJ vibe and demeanor. Is there something that distinguishes type behavior?

Thanks for your response by the way. I'm still curious to what type others will see me though.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I understand. Most of what I read regarding INTJ's usually state the opposite. And most of those who wrote what I read assumed that introverts are not good at socializing, so I adjusted my stance likewise.

Well most of those descriptions kinda suck and aren't that reliable at times. Introverts can socialize excellently and extroverts can be awful at socializing (like me). But where as an introvert is more likely to not care that much about socializing and value solitude, and extrovert is more likely to desire socialization and like being around people.

INTJ's in particular can come off as social extroverts at times due to their nature, just an ENFP's can come off as introverts for the same reason (again like me).

I have actually read all type descriptions. Like everyone, there were bits that I agree, disagree, and were neutral to in every type.

In that regard where there any descriptions that fit you best, or were they really all that equal?

I'm curious to what you mean by an INTJ vibe and demeanor. Is there something that distinguishes type behavior?

It's just a subconcious feeling I get when I read your posting style, sorta like instinct if anything.

I've also noticed that people of certain types tend to post in a particualr way that sometimes distinguishes them, but this is just a theory.

Thanks for your response by the way. I'm still curious to what type others will see me though.

Your welcome :)

As for other types, I do see some possibility of INTP and INFJ in you, perhaps this test will provide some good results:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I tried the test, and I got INTJ. The other two types suggested were ENTJ and INTP, which seems about right. I get these three the most often, by order.

In that regard where there any descriptions that fit you best, or were they really all that equal?
I just think that the descriptions exaggerate, but it's to be expected.
The INTJ description does fit me the best, concurrently followed by ENTJ, and then INTP.

Thanks again.:hifive: I'm still open for typing.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tried the test, and I got INTJ. The other two types suggested were ENTJ and INTP, which seems about right. I get these three the most often, by order.

I just think that the descriptions exaggerate, but it's to be expected.
The INTJ description does fit me the best, concurrently followed by ENTJ, and then INTP.

So INTJ is most likely, or at least narrowed down to that and ENTJ/INTP (and maybe to an extent ENTP), but definitely an NT os some sort.

Thanks again. :hifive: I'm still open for typing.

Your welcome :yes:

So do you still want to delve into exactly what your type is, or are you satisfied with INTJ?