• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hi all =] I need help with this typing thing..

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Hi, i'm having trouble figuring out my type....maybe someone here can help me..:blush:

Here's some random information to may be of help..

I'm pretty sure i use Ni or Ne first....Just not sure which. I'm kind of even on both i feel like, so that's part of my issue.

I don't think i get my energy from people, i like being with a select few, one on one preferably...depending on my mood.

A have a very few close selection of friends.

I enjoy singing Opera, being in musicals, and choir..I like theater a lot.
I'm a music major.(Voice) and a Philosophy double major, minoring in Psychology..

I adore animals.

I feel like no one understands me and have never really met many people like me....

But i'm okay with not being understood i guess, though it would be nice if at some point in my life someone i was close to could, but i guess it's not a necessity from everyone.

I lay in bed a lot, think a lot, about the future, the past, i can't really live in the moment (Wish I could)

I also think about things i've done, how stupid I probably looked or think of how people could have taken that wrong, or overthink something that happened only to find something that bothered me in it in the context, and then i get in a bad mood for a while until i figure whatever it is out.

When i was school all the way through high school i couldn't wait till the day was over, and as soon as I was home I ran into my room and shut the door & felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

I was picked on a lot when i was younger.

I've annoyed people when i was a bit more social and in high school with my constant questioning of things.

I'm very moody and recently am very unsure of my feelings. They fluctuate a lot, though i don't think i'm bi-polar or anything.

I'm very attached to a pillow i've had since i was 3, and i can't throw ANYTHING away. I suck up throwing trash away, but i feel horrible throwing a cup away. Oh yeah and i can't kill anything, not a fly, mosquito, cockroach. ANYTHING.
I feel like i have no right to. I get someone to do it and run as far away as possible and then dwell on it.

I can be with someone, and completely block out everything going on around me, to the point where I feel like i'm actually fully alone.

I can very vividly imagine things, and relive things and feelings.

I get random moments that i feel like something is horribly wrong, in my gut. But i never know what it is and it comes out of no where.

I get random mood swings from feelings i get i guess..who knows.. I just know i'm moody.

I see symbol in most things....

I think everything has meaning, and like it or not i think everything probably happens for a reason.
And i know that i know nothing.

And i'm always in my head.............
Okay i'm done
Hopefully this was as of some help to maybe figuring out SOMETHING on my type?
A lot of you people are so awesome at this..so any opinions are welcome.
Thank you.

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Okay, so this is the first time I does it and I probably suck majorly, but if nothing else I'll give a starting point for others.

I think you're INFP. You seem like an introvert, and I see signs of Fi, Si and Ne.

Nicodemus

If one so obviously wants to be diagnosed INFP, then one probably is INFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're definitely an INFP

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Thank you all for your responses though i was leaning more toward INFJ or ENFP..
I'm curious to why you all thought INFP..
I'm pretty sure I'm a dominant N user...My whole issue is Deciding if i use Ne or Ni more, because i agree with both alot.
I'm not sure about using Fi first, though i'm open to any suggestion anyone makes, but i would just like more information on your reasoning if possible?
I know i can't base my decision on the tests because i always type as INFJ and i am still confused.
Thanks again =]

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you're having trouble with typing, try pressing the keys on the keyboard more firmly. If that doesn't work, contact the manufacturer or buy a new keyboard. Keyboard's are cheap, and there's really no excuse for not replacing it.

YOURE WELCOME

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you're having trouble with typing, try pressing the keys on the keyboard more firmly. If that doesn't work, contact the manufacturer or buy a new keyboard. Keyboard's are cheap, and there's really no excuse for not replacing it.

YOURE WELCOME

Laughing out loud :)!!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you sound like an INFP or INFJ....so how are you on P vs J? The way you make decisions...

The below information, Adapted from Looking at Type: The Fundamentals
by Charles R. Martin (CAPT 1997)

" Judging (J)
I use my decision-making (Judging) preference (whether it is Thinking or Feeling) in my outer life. To others, I seem to prefer a planned or orderly way of life, like to have things settled and organized, feel more comfortable when decisions are made, and like to bring life under control as much as possible.

Since this pair only describes what I prefer in the outer world, I may, inside, feel flexible and open to new information (which I am).

Do not confuse Judging with judgmental, in its negative sense about people and events. They are not related.

The following statements generally apply to me:

* I like to have things decided.
* I appear to be task oriented.
* I like to make lists of things to do.
* I like to get my work done before playing.
* I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline.
* Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information.

Perceiving (P)
I use my perceiving function (whether it is Sensing or Intuition) in my outer life. To others, I seem to prefer a flexible and spontaneous way of life, and I like to understand and adapt to the world rather than organize it. Others see me staying open to new experiences and information.

Since this pair only describes what I prefer in the outer world, inside I may feel very planful or decisive (which I am).

Remember, in type language perceiving means “preferring to take in information.” It does not mean being “perceptive” in the sense of having quick and accurate perceptions about people and events.

The following statements generally apply to me:

* I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.
* I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum.
* I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
* I work in bursts of energy.
* I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
* Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed."

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Thank you!
I agree with the INFJ functions alot, but also ENFP....Not to sure on the P/J thing though..though i know if i'm ENFX then i would go toward P because i don't agree with ENFJ so much..

I like things planned for the most part, though i won't freak out if things don't go according to plan. I've learned not to. People are the way they are, and some flake or cancel.. I just take it for what it is.

One of the things that keeps me pondering is that i've been told that maybe i'm not really introverted, that maybe i just think I am because i was shot down so much from being myself around people when i was little and eventually i just became Introverted. So kind of like I'm introverted, but i can be more extroverted than i let on kind of thing. An extrovert at heart i guess is what the person meant.
Though I agree that situations early in life can mold a person, should I consider that into weighing if I'm introverted or extroverted.
I honestly don't even know what to think anymore.
After hearing so many opinions and reading up so much on mbti, in the end i end up wondering if people are even distorting how i see myself, and maybe even tricking myself into thinking i'm so and so type.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going to say INFJ :). Anyone else think so too?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's a bit confusing but just because you are an I-type that doesnt mean you are introverted. It just refers in the type system that the function you use as trongest belongs to the introverted ones, so introverted Feelings. They could have called it pancake Feeling or tortellini feeling aswell, then you would belong to the subgroups of tortellinis; it would still have the same meaning.

The thing is for example tho entps are according to definition supposed to use an extroverted function, many people who were entps have wondered why this is so cause they were very socially introverted. And indeed it is the case that social extroversion and type extroversion have nothing to do with each other.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm an ENFJ, but can get introverted at times, I'm actually a borderline introvert :). I thought she was an INFJ because she said something about liking things to be planned. Im a J and of coarse very much like things to be planned, but at the same time I dont freak out if shit doesnt work out. Sorry if im not making sense right now, im drunk. LATER!!!! Time to get my groove on ;).

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Lol, this is my confusion exactly....
I know that being an introvert or an extrovert depends on you're dominant function, and i can't seem to figure out what that is. I'm pretty sure I'm a dominant N.... Though I'm still open to and suggestions from Infp to Estj as long as it makes sense. I don't know how i would use Fi first because from the descriptions I've read about Fi, they are really into their personal values and making sure nothing goes against them. I've read an example about a girl explaining Fi and she was an INFP.... the girl said she would never go to this rock concert her boyfriend really wanted her to go to because she personally hates rock music. I don't think I'm that into my values that i wouldn't do something for someone else. Put int the same situation i would definitely go with that person because its something they clearly want. I'm aware that all INFPs are not like this, and some are willing to compromise, but i definitely don't consider this a major thing in my life.

I don't know how to begin typing my self Honestly....Though I feel I am probably one of the types mentioned....
ENFP, INFJ, INFP....and something about ENTP is making me consider it. Though I don't know.

If anymore information on myself could come of use in typing me just ask away and i'll respond, i find this really interesting and would like to really figure out my type..
Thanks again =]

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Try taking a few different online tests and see what you get :). Report back!

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
I've read an example about a girl explaining Fi and she was an INFP.... the girl said she would never go to this rock concert her boyfriend really wanted her to go to because she personally hates rock music. I don't think I'm that into my values that i wouldn't do something for someone else. Put int the same situation i would definitely go with that person because its something they clearly want. I'm aware that all INFPs are not like this, and some are willing to compromise, but i definitely don't consider this a major thing in my life.

But maybe this would be because you have an inner value that says "It's right to do things with people if it's something they really want, even though I'm not overly interested". Just playing devil's advocate here, but do you see what I mean?

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
But maybe this would be because you have an inner value that says "It's right to do things with people if it's something they really want, even though I'm not overly interested". Just playing devil's advocate here, but do you see what I mean?
I see what you mean..
Well now I really don't know which type I am.... You're right..Lol. Thank you though. I'll read more on infps Now to see what I find. Anymore info would be great.