• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Uumlau's Enneagram?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, uumlau, I think 9 sounds right for you, and was thinking that maybe 952 was your tritype, but I could see 953 as well.

You might also consider 5w6 with 592 or 593 tritype as well, though.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra...3452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions-2.html

p.s. our avatars look hilarious next to each other

Yeah, I help people a lot, but it is not for the motivations of a 2. The motivations can vary, such as trying to get something else done (3), but the person needing help is in my way, or the person is being a real nuisance I want to get rid of (9), or I'm really interested in the problem that they need solved (5). I maintain a helpful attitude because it maintains my balance (9), because it teaches me about how other people work (5), and because it helps me accomplish my goals in the larger scheme of things (3).

Another reason I'm not a 2 is that, especially when I was younger, most people didn't want my version of "help": "You're doing it all wrong, you're supposed to do it this way ..." It took a long time to learn how to communicate my knowledge in forms that others could digest. Now, I tend to plant ideas and walk away, rather than poke at people until they back down and admit that I'm right. Both of these are a very different kind of help than a type 2 would employ.

Mia.

Yeah, I help people a lot, but it is not for the motivations of a 2. The motivations can vary, such as trying to get something else done (3), but the person needing help is in my way, or the person is being a real nuisance I want to get rid of (9), or I'm really interested in the problem that they need solved (5). I maintain a helpful attitude because it maintains my balance (9), because it teaches me about how other people work (5), and because it helps me accomplish my goals in the larger scheme of things (3).

Another reason I'm not a 2 is that, especially when I was younger, most people didn't want my version of "help": "You're doing it all wrong, you're supposed to do it this way ..." It took a long time to learn how to communicate my knowledge in forms that others could digest. Now, I tend to plant ideas and walk away, rather than poke at people until they back down and admit that I'm right. Both of these are a very different kind of help than a type 2 would employ.

From the literature I’ve seen on tritype, the ordering of the numbers makes a difference in appearance of the individual to the outside world. The primary number is one’s core desires and needs, the secondary number is how one relates to/engages with the world, and the tertiary number is how one wants to be perceived by the world. So for example with me, 954, I have all the core desires of a 9, relate to the world as a 5, and wish to be perceived and recognized as a 4.

Perhaps this might give you additional fodder for thought in considering the last number.

yeah. uumlau you have a "calm" to your posts that seems like it could be 9. it's not the same as with the 5s i know well, but they are Ti doms, and i always attributed your softer/steadier bearing to Te/Fi. both of my 5s are very "nice", though. reserved and kind - perhaps more so than me, upon first meeting.

it strikes me that 5 and 9 both are "removed" types in a way.

9, 5, and 4 are the withdrawn types in each of the triads. So yeah, if he has both 9 and 5 in his tritype he would be double withdrawn.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
953 sounds right to me. You have a pretty smooth(9) analytical(5) vibe. 3-last was a matter of elimination.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haven't read more than a couple responses yet but...you just vibe very 9 to me
you seem to lack neurosis...you seem content...like life flows through you

Starry

Okay...I kinda give up now on understanding e9. As far as I'm concerned there are now only 8 e-types haha! I mean...I'm starting to see senza as a 9 but it is still a tiny bit of a stretch. But I can't see Kasper as a e9...and I'm struggling to see uumlau as anything other than a 5w6...(my only 'relief' here is that Oro also sees uumlau as a 5w6...which helps my 'waning confidence' a tiny bit...but yah...I'm not getting the whole e9 thing). Believe me...I totally see the peacefulness in uumlau... but then I have two very peaceful INTJ 5w6 friends that have the same *vibe* (and a not-peaceful but hilarious INTJ 5w6 father). I have nothing meaningful to contribute here...but when I saw one of uumlau's videos...I got 5w6. And I give-up haha!

Starry

Don't know a darn thing about this source but since it was easy for me to read I thought I would throw it up (it is very simple but does jive with the 9s I know in real life).
It's from here

The Peacemaker (the Nine)
Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them.

How to Get Along with Me

If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don't like expectations or pressure.
I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advatage of this.
Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit.
Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally.
Ask me questions to help me get clear.
Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery.
Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings.
I like a good discussion but not a confrontation.
Let me know you like what I've done or said.
Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.

What I Like About Being a Nine

being nonjudgmental and accepting
caring for and being concerned about others
being able to relax and have a good time
knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around
my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator
my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now
being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe

What's Hard About Being a Nine

being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive
being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline
being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally
being confused about what I really want
caring too much about what others will think of me
not being listened to or taken seriously

Nines as Children Often

feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant
tune out a lot, especially when others argue
are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves

Nines as Parents

are supportive, kind, and warm
are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't know a darn thing about this source but since it was easy for me to read I thought I would throw it up (it is very simple but does jive with the 9s I know in real life).
It's from here

I large part of the difficulty I have with the enneagram is that no type really describes me: they're too specific, and I end up saying "no" to a lot of the line items in such descriptions.

Here's the 5 from the same site:

About half of this describes me - and a lot of that half is the vague stuff that no one would disagree with. The rest seems to describe most INTPs I know.

Here's the 6:

The 6 description hardly has any traits that describe me: they're all about anxiety and indecision. Yet this is the "wing" that is supposed to modify the 5 description to be more like me?!

It's isn't just the 9 description ... none of these describe me very well at all. They try to describe too much.

Sure, you can put me into a 5w6 box and say I'm a healthy and well-adjusted INTJ, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't identify the description at all. It was just like this for me with MBTI, which classified me as ISTJ 15 or so years ago, and I dismissed it as junk, because the ISTJ descriptions only poorly mapped to my self-understanding. It sounded like all of those amateur psychologists I would occasionally encounter around the internet, who had never met me, but would gladly inform me about what my motivations "really were", for whom my denial was simply further proof that they had me pegged, even as they proved to me they didn't have any insight into me at all.

There may be something to the tri-types, and I could see 9-5-3 or even 5-9-3. The blurbs PB posted and the bit I posted resonated for more strongly for me than any other enneagram-based description I had ever read. But as far as I'm concerned, the pure types, the wings, and the moving up or down those arbitrary cycles (2->5->8, etc., however that is supposed to work) don't resonate much at all. They sound like guesswork that is accurate only to the point that it's right w/r to the information I've given.

I'm a nerd, so 5 is a good first guess ... but then the rest of the 5 description goes very wrong, pretending that I'm like all other nerds and share their neuroses. OK, so if I'm mostly free of neuroses, and very calm and peaceful, so maybe I'm a 9, but then that means I must be oh-so-worried about how people think about me and I must be very indecisive and lack ambition?!

Yeah, if the tritype doesn't make sense, I'll just stay clear of enneagram.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It was just like this for me with MBTI, which classified me as ISTJ 15 or so years ago, and I dismissed it as junk, because the ISTJ descriptions only poorly mapped to my self-understanding.

Well, I think what's revealing about this quote is that it didn't seem worthwhile when it pegged you as the wrong type.

There may be something to the tri-types, and I could see 9-5-3 or even 5-9-3. The blurbs PB posted and the bit I posted resonated for more strongly for me than any other enneagram-based description I had ever read.

Yeah, I think that is the value of tritype.

It hits from a number of different angles, so you get more specificity, and thus more accuracy.

Part of the issue I've seen with the enneagram is that the descriptions tend to be more general, when your actual type is more specific.

You'll see a description of a type 5 or a type 9, but that description isn't of a 5w4 or 5w6, or a 9w8 or 9w1.

Then, if you do actually find a description of a type+wing, it doesn't include your health level or instinctual variant.

Sometimes (rarely) you find descriptions that include type + wing + instinctual stacking, and those can be really insightful.

But, for the most part, the descriptions are general, and you have to figure out how your more specific type would differ, kind of by triangulating from various sources about your more-specific type.

What I can say with confidence is that INTJ 5w4 sp/sx (Nicodemus), INTJ 6w5 sx/so (me), INTJ 9w? ??/?? (you?) gives me a lot more person-specific information than just INTJ.

But as far as I'm concerned, the pure types, the wings, and the moving up or down those arbitrary cycles (2->5->8, etc., however that is supposed to work) don't resonate much at all. They sound like guesswork that is accurate only to the point that it's right w/r to the information I've given.

Have you read through the health levels of 5s and 9s?

The long detailed ones, in 'Personality Types', not the short versions.

The point of the directions of integration/disintegration is that they're not actually arbitrary.

It's a difficult conceptual barrier to get over --I had difficulty with it myself -- but there is a rationale behind it.

Coincidentally, as a 9, your point of integration would be 3, so, if you're at the higher health levels, you could manifest the more positive aspects of a 3.

From 'Personality Types', by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson:

When healthy Nines integrate to Three, they become self-assured and interested in developing themselves and their talents to the fullest extent possible. They move from self-possession to making some more of themselves, from a just-being-born presence in the world to an active, inner-directed force. Because they are already healthy and extremely balanced, they no longer live through someone else, nor do they need to conform to conventional roles as sources of self-esteem and identity. Instead, integrating Nines create themselves by asserting themselves properly. They no longer fear change, becoming more flexible and adaptable, entirely capable of dealing with reality as persons in their own right.

Integrating Nines have connected with their vitality. In Freudian terms, they have gotten in touch with their id, the aggressive and instinctual side of themselves. Nines have always feared their aggressive impulses, and now they realize that they no longer have to, since these impulses are not necessarily destructive, but rather can lead to self-development.

Their peace becomes less fragile because Nines discover that they can assert themselves without being aggressive toward others, and hence without jeopardizing their relationships. As their self-esteem increases, their relationships become more mature and satisfying. Integrating Nines find that they no longer have to be self-effacing to find someone with whom they can have a relationship. By being (and becoming) themselves, they attract others who find integrating Nines more interesting and desirable than ever before. It may surprise them, but others may even begin to identify with them, to seek them out, to accommodate themselves to them. While integrating Nines will likely discourage others from being dependent upon them, it will please them nonetheless, as well it should.

I'm a nerd, so 5 is a good first guess ... but then the rest of the 5 description goes very wrong, pretending that I'm like all other nerds and share their neuroses. OK, so if I'm mostly free of neuroses, and very calm and peaceful, so maybe I'm a 9, but then that means I must be oh-so-worried about how people think about me and I must be very indecisive and lack ambition?!

@bolded: no, those would be the more neurotic elements of a 9.

Depending on your health level, you may exhibit very few of those traits.

If you are healthy, you would manifest the positive aspects of the personality.

Those are the negative aspects of the personality, that come out more as you go lower down the health levels.

Also, as he is the resident expert, I think [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] should get in on this.

Starry

I large part of the difficulty I have with the enneagram is that no type really describes me: they're too specific, and I end up saying "no" to a lot of the line items in such descriptions.

Oh whoops yah...I was actually using that e9 description to sorta highlight what I believe is my (fault) overly-simplistic, IxxP-ie understanding of the e9 type (although I just had an e9 rep me and say they very much related to that description...and the *simple* e7 description from that site does fit me quite well).

e6 is a tricky bugger. I think a 6 wing can bring anxiety and paranoia...like it presents in my 5w6 sp/sx father...or it can bring a sense of warmth and humanity (humaness). But again...I'm not commenting on what I believe you are as I do not feel very confident here at all.

I think Petra thought you were a 1w9 (just sharing that as it is 'e9 related').

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
A large part of the difficulty I have with the enneagram is that no type really describes me: they're too specific, and I end up saying "no" to a lot of the line items in such descriptions.

Agreed. It's why I'm growing a deep appreciation for the nuances of tritype - it gets into the differentiation of what vibes for me / what I feel when I experience different people. And it digs into the specificity ... it goes deeper. I like that.

It's isn't just the 9 description ... none of these describe me very well at all. They try to describe too much.

There's a whack of stuff that does not compute for me either when I read through a 9 description. BUT, when I read 937, aha, yes, that fits better. I am goal-oriented, I do get stuff done, I am certainly enthusiastic and outgoing and can be charming ... yes. Better.

There may be something to the tri-types, and I could see 9-5-3 or even 5-9-3. The blurbs PB posted and the bit I posted resonated for more strongly for me than any other enneagram-based description I had ever read. But as far as I'm concerned, the pure types, the wings, and the moving up or down those arbitrary cycles (2->5->8, etc., however that is supposed to work) don't resonate much at all. They sound like guesswork that is accurate only to the point that it's right w/r to the information I've given.

937 resonates in a way that 9w1 does not for me personally ... just an additional FYI. Plus, I like the descriptions for moving through levels of health - links to follow.

@bold: Having a 3 in your tritype thus expands to explain your ambition ... it gives it added dimension.

Do stick with it a while longer ... I sense we are onto the details and answer you seek.

My two favorite 9 links:

Here

and

Here

Read, digest, cogitate, Ni-them and report back.

Mia.

To me tritype is a much more satisfying way of exploring enneagram. One will frequently find information in the descriptions in the individual types that will then conflict with information/description of one’s tritype. For example, many descriptions of 9 describe the 9 as not being intellectually disposed. Yet descriptions of tritypes with 95 in their makeup are described as being intellectual and contemplative. So one really can be a 9 and be intellectual, but if one is reading the pure description of 9 and going off of that, they will struggle with typing themselves. Typing using the wing framework often results in a forced fit. I know many people who don’t identify with either of the wings, or identify with both wings, leaving them in a no man’s land.

Tritype is also a more intuitive framework to me, having a more explored and admirable reasoning behind it. We all use our heart, mind, and gut just like we all use all of the cognitive functions in MBTI. The difference is in the order of preference, development, and hierarchy of the modes. The synergy between them and resulting fingerprint is what creates the holistic composite.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It hits from a number of different angles, so you get more specificity, and thus more accuracy.

Part of the issue I've seen with the enneagram is that the descriptions tend to be more general, when your actual type is more specific.
I must disagree. The main archetypes are anything but general, they start off too specific. The tritypes are differently specific. (And actually kind of short and vague, from my readings so far ... they don't try to psychoanalyze me to death.)

You'll see a description of a type 5 or a type 9, but that description isn't of a 5w4 or 5w6, or a 9w8 or 9w1.

Then, if you do actually find a description of a type+wing, it doesn't include your health level or instinctual variant.

Sometimes (rarely) you find descriptions that include type + wing + instinctual stacking, and those can be really insightful.
You know this reads like confirmation bias, right? "Oh, it only sounds wrong because it was incomplete."

No, it sounds wrong because it is incorrect.

I don't think it's the fault of enneagram, per se, but that so many different parties have taken the initial system and run with it, and it collects cruft, e.g., there are so many FP 9s, well, gee, all the 9 descriptions start sounding like FPs, thus excluding all 9s who don't match up with that. The wings tend to take pieces of the main type, and delete/replace with select aspects of the wing. I respect the instinctual aspect, but that appears to be more its own typing system, and not really an extension/clarification of ennegram (it's cruft, but moderately useful).

Have you read through the health levels of 5s and 9s?

The long detailed ones, in 'Personality Types', not the short versions.

Yeah. The problem with those is that the neurotic ones aren't me, and the non-neurotic ones start sounding too much alike.

My two favorite 9 links:

Here

and

Here

Read, digest, cogitate, Ni-them and report back.

Some first impressions:

The more I read the 9 descriptions, the more they sound like neurotic Fi, the 5 descriptions sound like neurotic Ti, and the 6 descriptions sound like neurotic Ni/Si.

And as I noted to Z, the non-neurotic descriptions all seem to blend into mush. So the one thing that differentiates the types, the stories of how they overcome their primary fears and evolve (or succumb to them and devolve), are the main thing I don't identify with. There's 9 stories, or 27 stories if you include wings. None of those is my story.

When I first started school (we're talking pre-k through 2nd grade), no one would have typed me as a brainy 5. I just wanted to play and have fun, or do interesting things with grown-ups. Instead, I was stuck in rooms full of other kids, and the grown-ups treated me like the other kids. My reaction was to withdraw into my inner world: not because I was frightened of anything, but I was bored stiff. Being an Ni dom explains this, but nothing of enneagram does, because enneagram requires that I'm reacting to a fear.

Did I have fears? Yeah, sure, but they were more along the lines of stupid imaginary kid fears (monsters in the closet, which Ni can make seem very real ...) to quite real fears (bullies wanting to pick on me). Academically, I was never afraid of not being smart or competent enough. Initially, I didn't care: my report cards would fret about my "daydreaming." I didn't at all ever think of myself as "smart" or "intellectual" until grade 3: I took some standardized test (not SAT, but sort of like it) that I didn't give a crap about, and the results came back and said I was in the top 2% of whatever. Heck, I had to ask what percentages mean. That's when I first knew I was "smart", and started falling into that "smart kid" stereotype.

But I wasn't ever chasing eagerly after knowledge like a 5: I just learned fast, it was all easy for me. I remember for one science quiz in 5th grade, we were supposed to draw where the sun, moon and earth were for a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse. The teacher, asking why the some of the class still needed time, pointed out that not only had I already answered the two questions, I had correctly drawn in the continents on the earth, and was gradually doodling in more detail, waiting for the test to be over, and for school to be over: I wanted to go home and play, or read, or whatever - to do something INTERESTING. (The eclipse thing was interesting to me back in the 3rd grade, where the teacher couldn't figure out how to answer my question of why the moon was full when it was opposite the earth from the sun, after all, wouldn't it be in the shadow of the earth, then?)

So I have this 5 bent because I'm smart, and I'm good at technical things, and not so good at people things, and I'm mostly a loner. But the 5 describes as being eager and chasing after knowledge as if I won't ever have enough. Um, no.

This is why I tend to feel the 9 fits more, except for the Fi-ish losing of myself over the concerns for others. No, I'm 9 because I treasure the alone time to enjoy myself, and a subset of how I enjoy myself is figuring things out (5), and a subset of that is figuring out how to use all this stuff I know to do something productive (3).

It's why I'm a physics Ph.D., but ended up not taking a career in physics. Seeing the graduate school serfdom system in full clarity pointed out to me that being a physicist in this environment would not only be no fun, but remarkably unproductive by my own standards.

Being a 9 is why the Tao Te Ching resonates with me. There's an interesting and thoughtful criticism of Taoism which basically says it encourages people to be passive and accept things as they are, no matter how bad they are. I totally understand and agree with that criticism as it is intended, and at the same time, I totally understand why it is wrong. I don't see the Tao as describing how to tolerate evil, but rather as noting that "evil" is a really bad description in the first place. You need to see the world as it is, and fix what is fixable, to fight all those things that others regard as "evil". If you don't pay attention to the balance points, you end up doing the opposite of what you intend: make rules to keep people from hurting themselves, and you prevent them from defending themselves; make rules to share the wealth, and then there's no wealth to share; and so on. And you can't see those balance points if you aren't at peace with yourself: your own lack of balance gets in the way.

I don't see most 5's thinking this way. 9's are closer, but they don't intellectualize it the way I do.

Anyway, enough rambling ... intuition is still grinding through all this. It helps to write it down and see what sticks and what doesn't ...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
This is why I tend to feel the 9 fits more, except for the Fi-ish losing of myself over the concerns for others.

Quick thought: As you reflect on this, are you sure that the "losing of oneself" is a trait that is truly Fi in nature? For example, the INFP 4's would likely disagree, that kind of merging is more of an antithesis to them ... and the INTP 9's as well, with their decided lack of Fi ...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
(Wow.... um.... that is the best description of 9 I've ever seen.... I read every section and it was like reading my biography..... sheez....)

The author, Susan Reynolds, wrote 'The Everything Enneagram Book', which I just happened to be checking out yesterday. The reviews said it was really good: no nonsense, straightforward, good descriptions. The author isn't strictly an enneagram person, either; she edits, ghostwrites, and writes all different kinds of things, including two (non-enneagram-related) blogs for Psychology Today.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quick thought: As you reflect on this, are you sure that the "losing of oneself" is a trait that is truly Fi in nature? For example, the INFP 4's would likely disagree, that kind of merging is more of an antithesis to them ... and the INTP 9's as well, with their decided lack of Fi ...

The phrase was "Fi-ish losing of myself over the concerns for others." The statement doesn't describe Fi, and Fi 4s are simply the polar opposite of the Fi 9s: Fi 4s fear losing themselves.

Anyway, I've done a lot more reflection and reading of the big orange Personality Types book.

Some conclusions: 5w6 "describes" me. It synergizes very well with my being an INTJ, and INTJs are very very frequently 5w6 in enneagram. If I were going only by wings, and not core type or integration/disintegration patterns, I'd say 5w6 and that'd be the end of it. But the rest of it only barely matches, assuming I'm a type five. The fears/motivations are wrong. I strive for mastery, but more as a matter of practice/habit, not out of fear. Remember, "mastery" came easily to me, in those fields I found easiest to master, or were fun to master. It was always play, for me.

So, I went to the integration levels, especially the short-hand version in the appendix (also in PB's 2nd link above), and just read through them for all the types. Most didn't resonate at all. 3 resonated a little bit. 5 resonated a little more. And 9 resonated a lot: I could see myself in levels 1-6. My escapism was only superficially 5's version of escapism. I'd escape (and still do) into my own versions of reality, into parallel worlds, in part to avoid the real world. (Escaping into the INTJ-Ni-movies in my head.) I'd deal with problems by ignoring them. I'd deal with conflict by avoiding it. This lasted well into graduate school, until I focused and finished my Ph.D., and then I regressed a bit when my divorce happened. I've not been through levels 7-9, but in grad school I had a gf who was definitely an INFP 9 in that level 9 disintegration state, full MPD. (She's a large part of why I wasn't focused on my grad school.)

I don't escape by working on projects, or mastering the rules of D&D (though I definitely did a lot of that), but simply by dissociating and avoiding that which I deemed unpleasant. I just happen to find the nerdy stuff "pleasant", along with lots of other things. Until fairly recently (when I started dancing), I was very much into music, playing piano by myself, listening to music, and just letting the music wash over me. Often I'd use music as part of my escape. It was always my way of centering myself, not that I centered myself with much skill. ... In fact, one of the more interesting things about the 9 is that a 9 always seems to be trying to be centered, the problem being that as the more disintegrated the 9, the more "stupid" the centering: it amounts to ignoring the problem rather than facing it from one's center of balance. And yeah, that's me (or mostly was). I'd do the easy stuff (which would be hard for anyone else) to get by, and ignore the hard stuff.

So I think I would provisionally say that I am

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So this is where it all began...

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, except upon reflection I'm more 9w8 than 9w1. That's the problem of identifying with so many different types. But I know it's 9w8, because that's the one that can get me in trouble - I just happen to be adept at avoiding situations where the 8 wing can do something badly.