• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

At least I'm sure I'm N and P... or, well, can one ever be sure?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tricksey Wolf!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are free to join as well. It will be good for comparison. :yes:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
T'is a trick, everyone knows INTPs don't leave their house willingly!!

:biggrin:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's why I was going to invite you both over to mine. ;)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds legit, up for it raminda? :biggrin:

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
Another way to look at this is seeing which of these threads, if any, you relate to when stressed: ENP, or ITP.

Those threads were really helpfull for me. It's nice to see why I reacted the way I did back in the not so pleasant days. (And finally see it in words. I find it hard to describe what I'm feeling/doing.)

I'm also in an indecision about my type; ENTP/INTP. I feel like an INTP with a very developed and almost a preference to Ne. But that's just something of the last couple of years actually. If I look back to my childhood, I was a textbook INTP. I still am, but I just have grown personally and got myself some handles to function properly in the world I'm living in.

What makes sure I'm an INTP is when I think of the times I'm most happy and myself. That is when the INTP traits really show.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds legit, up for it raminda? :biggrin:

Oh goody, I'm so-so-so-so excited!!!!!

...I mean, ahem, I am interested to see which conclusions we will be able to draw about Raminda's type, after this testing phase. :yes:

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
What is this? Silliness in my thread?! :p

I'd be up for it except I'd have to leave my house, and... well, you know.

everyone knows INTPs don't leave their house willingly!!
Yeah.

What makes sure I'm an INTP is when I think of the times I'm most happy and myself. That is when the INTP traits really show.
Mhm, I definitely see your point here. I'm not sure right now because this thread has given me so much new things to sort through and consider, but I think I am the same. As I mentioned in that "What cognitive function makes you happiest"-thread, using Ti fills me with a sense of purpose and meaning.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is this? Silliness in my thread?! :p

I'd be up for it except I'd have to leave my house, and... well, you know.

You are INTP. My job is done.

Wish you were an ENTP though. *feels lonely*

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
I'll keep calling myself an INTP then and be speshul for having conflicting Enneagram and MBTI types, yay.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was a joke about the house thingy. :p

Also, I've no real knowledge about enneagrams, but I've always believed myself to be 7 from the descriptions and such, but later, with some help, I found out I'm as 5 as one can possibly get, the thing about being a healthy confident 5, is that you can show behaviour that may seem to be 7. Either way, enneagram typing is alien to me. It's just weird.

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
It was a joke about the house thingy. :p

Do you mean I have to keep debating? And here I was fairly sure I'm INTP by now (again) mumblegrumble. :p

Also, I've no real knowledge about enneagrams, but I've always believed myself to be 7 from the descriptions and such, but later, with some help, I found out I'm as 5 as one can possibly get, the thing about being a healthy confident 5, is that you can show behaviour that may seem to be 7. Either way, enneagram typing is alien to me. It's just weird.

Uh, actually it's the other way around - healthy sevens exhibit fiveish traits while unhealthy fives go to seven. You sure you're not a seven who thought they were five?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not as much as five going seven, it's five exhibiting five behaviour on five based principles that just seem like typical seven traits.

For example, "They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go." is typically seven. But a five can also crave new and exciting experiences and become distracted/exhausted on the go, although fives would do this for the sake of data input instead of an innate compelling emotional desire that should be present in a seven. I'm a five that is a information junkie. I have always felt very related to many of the good traits of a seven, I read them and I'm like, hey, this all fits, so when I was new to typology, I thought I was a 7! But on closer inspection, the reasons why a seven shows seven traits are not the same reasons I show those traits, and looking at a seven's unhealthy levels, I don't relate to any of the bad. And although I rarily have bad moments in like the last 6 years now. Before that I have had very stressful times in which I couldn't quite deal with things the way I should have, and even then, it wasn't the seven bad traits I showed, but rather the five unhealthy levels.

So I came to the conclusion that my enneagram type must be five. Because all round that one seems to fit the bill. And all the seven traits I exhibit, are really just a means for me to indulge my five. And has nothing to do with actually being a seven at all. I'm all five, 100%! :>

Anyway, enough about me, this thread is about you!

And anyways enneagram typing seems to be quite a bit flawed, or rather, the tone in which the types are described is too strong. The way enneagram types present the various types, don't stroke well with me. It seems too black and white to be practical.

MBTI typing allows for more diversity within the types and also has a much more effecient and reliable means of testing. Seriously, most enneagram tests I took, they're so shaky! :p

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
O i c. I tried looking more at the bad traits in the two types to get away from he Forer effect, and I see myself in just the good traits of five but both the good and the bad traits of seven. And I got an unanimous "Seven!" yelled at me in that other thread, so I think I can be rather safe in assuming I am one... But yeah, Enneagram typing is weird. My biggest probablem with it is the lack of an underlying system, though. The types seem rather arbitrary to me, while the types of MBTI are inherent in the system.